Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/29/2015 5:57:16 PM EDT

he suggested attacks with "automatic weapons” will continue until the NRA allows the passage of more gun control.

King’s exact tweet: "No one wants to ban private gun ownership, but the automatic weapons murders will continue until the NRA agrees to reasonable controls.”

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Stephen King is an idiot and IDGAF what he thinks.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#2]
FSK.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#3]
How very ignorant of him.
No one in Maine likes him either, FSK.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
All "scary" looking guns are fully automatic to idiots.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#5]
IIRC he is a gun owner himself, but he is the type that think that everything but the type that he owns should be banned and confiscated.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#6]
He's either stupid or being intentionally misleading. I'm guessing it's the latter, so that other mindless idiots will read what he's said and repeat it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I love how the NRA somehow has control over legislation now.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stephen King is an idiot and IDGAF what he thinks.
View Quote

Nailed it right there.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Doesn't Stephen King have a large NFA MG collection?
Nope.

What guy was it that has that huge NFA MG collection and is a rabid Anti civilian gun guy?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He's either stupid or being intentionally misleading. I'm guessing it's the latter, so that other mindless idiots will read what he's said and repeat it.
View Quote

That is probably a good guess.  Many of the talking heads aren't as dumb as they seem to be, but they know there are many times when they can say whatever they want, and the mindless drones will eat it up and dismiss any rebuttal.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Doesn't Stephen King have a large NFA MG collection?
View Quote

I think he is a Fudd.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#12]
what a true dumbfuck
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Stick to writing books, Stephen.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Mr. King,

We ventured past reasonable, and into UNreasonable gun control, in 1934.

And since nobody seems to have received the message, its not the NRA. It's America that is done with  "compromise".
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#15]
He always wrote unoriginal crap. No wonder he lacks the ability to differentiate between automatic weapons and the semi=auto weapons the NRA supports. With respect to his standing in American literature, I don't think the history will be kind.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Stephen King is a codpiece
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Huh let em think they're full auto, then tell we just passed National Firearm Act 1934, now shut the fuck up!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Automatic, semiautomatic -- it's all the same to the antigunners.

If they're all the same, there's no rational basis for a distinction. Therefore, repeal the NFA and treat machine guns the same as semiautomatics.

The logic works both ways.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Stephen King needs to get hit by a car................again
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#20]
"No one wants to take away your hunting rifles. No one wants to take away your shotguns. No one wants to take away your revolvers, and no one wants to take away your automatic pistols, as long as said pistols hold no more than ten rounds. If you can't kill a home invader (or your wife, up in the middle of the night to get a snack from the fridge) with ten shots, you need to go back to the local shooting range."
View Quote

"How paranoid do you want to be? How many guns does it take to make you feel safe? And how do you simultaneously keep them loaded and close at hand, but still out of reach of your inquisitive children or grandchildren? Are you sure you wouldn't do better with a really good burglar alarm? It's true you have to remember to set the darn thing before you go to bed, but think of this — if you happened to mistake your wife or live-in partner for a crazed drug addict, you couldn't shoot her with a burglar alarm."
View Quote

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2013/01/25/stephen-king-guns/1864335/
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Stephen King is an idiot who couldn't write his way out of a paper bag to save his life.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#22]
"reasonable controls"

lol, there could be a mass shooting with FA every day and I would still say no to any gun law.

Suck down another turd King.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Stephen King is an idiot who couldn't write his way out of a paper bag to save his life.
View Quote

Shawshank Redemption -  and exception proves a rule
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Shit like this is when people need to respond in mass to set the record straight.  

And yes that means replying on Twitter and embracing new technology and ways of communication.   The other side utilizes it very well but too many people such as on shun Twitter and all other forms of social media to the point they will proudly proclaim "Well golly gee, I don't even know what a hashtag is".
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#25]
he should've died in 1999
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh no, enough is enough. His recent books are garbage.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Shit like this is when people need to respond in mass to set the record straight.  

And yes that means replying on Twitter and embracing new technology and ways of communication.   The other side utilizes it very well but too many people such as on shun Twitter and all other forms of social media to the point they will proudly proclaim "Well golly gee, I don't even know what a hashtag is".
View Quote

But muh PERSEC

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#28]
With King the ancient argument of "cars kill more people than guns" actually might hit home. You'd think he'd be more vocal for vehicle control.

Then again he'd just call that an evil strawman argument, then lock himself in his study and in a week write a shoddy horror novel about an evil strawman who eats babies.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/11/29/stephen-king-thinks-gunman-used-automatic-weapons-co-springs/

he suggested attacks with "automatic weapons” will continue until the NRA allows the passage of more gun control.

King’s exact tweet: "No one wants to ban private gun ownership, but the automatic weapons murders will continue until the NRA agrees to reasonable controls.”

View Quote

What a fucktard! As if the gunman couldn't have done the same thing with Joe Biden's shotgun. He could easily have ran up a higher body count with a car.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks to asshats like him in Hollywood, half the world is convinced that everything with a pistol grip is fully automatic.

Discussing technical specifics with anti-gunners is pointless.  They don't give a shit about facts.  Whatever scares people into supporting their cause is all that matters hence the "should everyone have a bazooka or a nuclear weapon?!" horseshit whenever the 2nd Amendment is brought up.

Their goal is to spread fear among people who don't know the difference, period.  If shootings are done with shotguns, they come up with reasons why shotguns are super scary.  If shootings are done with bolt action hunting rifles, they call them sniper rifles.  If shootings are done with handguns, they talk magazine capacity.  

They will ALWAYS find a way to demonize guns, no matter what type is used.  Anyone who thinks they'll only go after specific types is a fucking idiot.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#31]
if stephen king really cared about making a difference, he would stop writing books until they passed a law making murder illegal.

...oh, they already did yet people are still murdered every weekend in Chicago? How exactly is the NRA at fault here ?!?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#32]
He also thinks he can write worth a damn. He's right there with Tom Clancey, utter shit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#33]
An active imagination is desirable in a novelist.

That's about as charitable as I feel like being.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, this is problem that goes back to the whole self-congratulatory "WE don't protest like those dirty hippies because WE have jobs..."

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Actually, he should stick to something he does well.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love how they act as though the NRA only represents the gun makers (who only give about 1% of their funding), rather than it's 5 MILLION members.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Stephen King needs to stick to writing novels and nothing else.  You sir, are not Tom Clancy; so STFU and stick your nose into the typewriter, where it belongs.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
He also thinks he can write worth a damn. He's right there with Tom Clancey, utter shit.
View Quote

Give old Tom a break.. he's been a dead a while now.  At one point he was a great author.  I guess it goes to show you that it's a rare person who doesn't peak in their career.

Steven was the master of the short story.  Some of his stories still give me the creeps years later.  He's always had a hard-on for gun control though.  A lot of his books practically drip with scorn for firearms and the people that use them.  It's a case where I wish he would just shut up and write scary stories but I think he can't separate personal bias from a good story anymore.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I love how they act as though the NRA only represents the gun makers (who only give about 1% of their funding), rather than it's 5 MILLION members.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They're trying to create the illusion that the NRA is a corporate lobbying group just like the pharmaceutical lobbyists, big banking lobbyists, etc.

They want people to believe that "even gun owners support gun control but the evil NRA lobbyists don't represent them."
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Stephen King is an idiot
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Stephen King votes democrat
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/11/29/stephen-king-thinks-gunman-used-automatic-weapons-co-springs/

View Quote

I think the alcohol has pickled his brain.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Drugs laws sure stopped him from doing coke
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#44]
This is the same guy who wrote a story that featured a semi-automatic .44 magnum Ruger pistol, so I'd assume his firearm knowledge isn't the greatest.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#45]
When Steven King got hit by a car it was the cars fault. Not the driver then right?.
The driver was given a car that in fact had an automatic transmission making it easier for novice or mentally ill drivers to wield 4000lb killing machines. Just like no car needs more than a 6 gallon gas tank.  
That alone would have saved both Mr King and the victim behind the wheel that ran him over from that car that was made by greedy car makers and sold by unscrupulous car dealers, handing them out like candy to children and the mentally ill, making it easy for them to be able to run over anyone in their path by putting automatic accessories in them...with one goal in mind; to make them more user friendly to killers (victims).
The AAA is what helps to prevent "sensible car safety laws" that put these automatic killing machines like the one that hurt Mr King on the road.
This is the same ill-logic that Mr King is using on guns that can be applied to cars. He needs to stick with writing bloody horror movies that inspire serial killers.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#46]
I thought he was dead
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#47]
On the scanner it was well stated that they believed they were receiving "automatic fire" from an ak47 variant. There was an open Mic moment that sounded like a FA two way range.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Well.... Now I know what to do, Now that King put his .02 in.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Funny how many of the characters in his book use guns to kill others
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#50]
FSK
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top