BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Perfect!  I'll save this to discredit every study I don't agree with too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In this thread we see who doesn't understand the difference between correlation and causation.

http://www.venganza.org/images/PiratesVsTemp.png

best post of the day

Perfect!  I'll save this to discredit every study I don't agree with too.

What study?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

GD is anti abortion and anti welfare and complains about hoodlums destroying America
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol, what?

GD is anti abortion and anti welfare and complains about hoodlums destroying America

Probably because we support the right of the child to live and grow up and make choices of its own. Now if it makes it to 15 and makes bad choices and threatens someone's life then they can be post birth aborted by their potential victim. But to deny them the Chance to live in the first place IMHO is worse than the blight they MIGHT be.
Plenty of kids from normal homes and normal parents went on to do horrible things. And not all kids that grew up in a single parent family or that were poor, grew up to be criminals.  

Trying to defend abortions because it might be a case for lower crimes in the future is like saying banning guns will reduce crime.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I always love this argument. Instead of telling the parents to get their shit together and act responsible so they can raise winners, people like the OP say these people should continue to act like low lives and just terminate their kid so they can continue their poor lifestyle.

As far as I'm concerned, the mother or father have no choice if they want the baby born or not once it's in the womb. Everything I've ever learned points to a fetus being it's own life inside his or her mother, not a part of thr mothers body.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Arfcom loves to preach MYOB. So when it comes to a women and her unborn, why don't you people just MYOB? It literally has not a god damned thing to do with you, at all. You praise the killing of Muslim on muslim in the ME, but can't accept a woman terminating her fetus because she is incapable of taking care of a child, who will likely turn out to be one of the people that give you reasoning to carry a firearm at all times. If she has an accidental miscarriage, is that because God willed it?
View Quote

If you were in a grocery store and saw a frustrated parent strangling their newborn infant to death right there in the cereal aisle, would you do something or mind your own fucking business?  What if that same infant was in the womb 72 hours before being strangled to death?  Was it any less alive 73 hours ago?  

Also, when you imply that poor, unwanted kids are better off dead, that's dictating life or death based on guesswork with regard for their quality of life.  What is the danger is making life and death decisions based on a supposition?  What if the mother wants to keep the kid even when they can't afford it and it is likely, in your estimation, that the kid would be a criminal someday?  

Let me put it another way.  If it is none of your fucking business, then why even mention the quality of life?  It doesn't logically follow that the decision is none of your business while you simultaneously are making a quality of life determination and claiming that the child, if allowed to grow up, becomes a threat to you such that you would need to carry a firearm.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In this thread we see who doesn't understand the difference between correlation and causation.

http://www.venganza.org/images/PiratesVsTemp.png
View Quote

came to post:

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

posters above is much funnier though...
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Mothers Oppressed victims that would need to abort healthy fetuses tissue are going to be total pieces of shit as parents able to get college educations and jobs so that they can become responsible citizens.  Their children will be fucking horrible and criminals vote correctly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mothers Oppressed victims that would need to abort healthy fetuses tissue are going to be total pieces of shit as parents able to get college educations and jobs so that they can become responsible citizens.  Their children will be fucking horrible and criminals vote correctly.

Your message is now approved for the masses.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So, a guy shot up an abortion clinic yesterday.  The wrongs of unwanted pregnancy termination - an AR15.com favorite topic.  And now for the gun owners who sort of think the other side:  First a couple graphics:

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/ldah6rdp6ukvngoyqi1fcg.gif

https://gerardnadal.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/stats_by_year.jpg

http://www.fairus.org/images/content/US_Population.jpg

So, a little math....   Let's pick... 1985.   compare abortion rate to population, and that's about 1.5MM abortions (jeepers).

And let's cross reference violent crime today (when people are near their crime potential prime), and... if it were 1980's crime rate (before mid 1970's abortion had an affect on prime crime year aged population), that's 50 violent crimes/yr/1000 people.  So today's population is 310,000,000, so... that should be about 15 million violent crimes (obviously other factors are at play, but big number).  Today's actual violent crime is closer to 4.6 million.   So.... if the "abortion prevents violent criminals" argument holds water (Unwanted/beaten kids more likely to be criminals - I know, that's just crazy talk), then that's about 10,000,000, violent crimes not committed this year (obviously claiming all of those is a stretch).

Yesterday's shooting of an abortion clinic, was annoying.  A white guy with an assault rifle shooting up cops and others at a clinic, so that antigun law pressure goes up, and I can be victimized 15 years from now by his unwanted miracles?  Screw him.  The fact that Conservatives insist that the very people they want killed as adults, be forced to be born against the mothers-will like a scene out of Aliens, is the craziest juxtaposition in the entire conservative political platform.  

This isn't a case of "well she should have been more careful", as I'm not interested in easy abortion for the convenience of the idiot mother.  I just don't want me or mine funding and then getting victimized by some POS miracle spawned from idiot mother who's obviously predisposed to outright killing it.
View Quote

So if they are aborting .....(we will say lavender for the sake of argument) lavender offspring at twice the rate per capita, and lavender people are a greater percent of the prison population, should we kill all of the lavender children off to decrease crime at a faster rate?

On a side note Hillary Clinton was awarded the Margaret Sanger award in 2009.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's simple, we stop redistributing wealth from the successful to the unsuccessful. Nature will take care of the rest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The human body itself has very little inherent value, the human mind is what has value.
A mind has to be cultivated and grown, without that humans are just like any other animal, and just as disposable.

That might be the most evil things I have ever read here on Arfcom.  What determines whether or not a mind is "cultivated"?  Does it mean they have to see the world like you do?  By what standards do we judge one's mind?  And who determines that?  You?  The government?  That kind of thinking leads us down a very dark road.

Incidentally...Mr. "Locke" 556:

To love our neighbor as ourselves is such a truth for regulating human society, that by that alone one might determine all the cases in social morality.

- John Locke

It's simple, we stop redistributing wealth from the successful to the unsuccessful. Nature will take care of the rest.

What the fuck does that have to do with abortion?  People that reap the consequences for their own actions are one thing.  But to imply that a human life has no value before it has made any decisions, or has even had the chance to mature to the extent they know right from wrong...that's evil.

Does your point of view, i.e. the worthessness of a person, extend to very small children?  Are their lives worthless?  They also haven't had a chance to learn right from wrong.  Are you saying we should simply let them starve to death?  That allowing nature to take its course in that respect is perfectly acceptable?

I get that their parents may be worthless.  But their parents have had a chance to make their own decisions.  Holding a baby to that standard is ridiculous.  If you want to fight communism, the first step is not to emulate them and accept the premise that everyone's life who doesn't conform to your idea is worthless.  History has plenty of examples that show us where your philosophy (and I'm being overly generous to call it that) leads.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What the fuck does that have to do with abortion?  People that reap the consequences for their own actions are one thing.  But to imply that a human life has no value before it has made any decisions, or has even had the chance to mature to the extent they know right from wrong...that's evil.

Does your point of view, i.e. the worthessness of a person, extend to very small children?  Are their lives worthless?  They also haven't had a chance to learn right from wrong.  Are you saying we should simply let them starve to death?  That allowing nature to take its course in that respect is perfectly acceptable?

I get that their parents may be worthless.  But their parents have had a chance to make their own decisions.  Holding a baby to that standard is ridiculous.  If you want to fight communism, the first step is not to emulate them and accept the premise that everyone's life who doesn't conform to your idea is worthless.  History has plenty of examples that show us where your philosophy (and I'm being overly generous to call it that) leads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The human body itself has very little inherent value, the human mind is what has value.
A mind has to be cultivated and grown, without that humans are just like any other animal, and just as disposable.

That might be the most evil things I have ever read here on Arfcom.  What determines whether or not a mind is "cultivated"?  Does it mean they have to see the world like you do?  By what standards do we judge one's mind?  And who determines that?  You?  The government?  That kind of thinking leads us down a very dark road.

Incidentally...Mr. "Locke" 556:

To love our neighbor as ourselves is such a truth for regulating human society, that by that alone one might determine all the cases in social morality.

- John Locke

If the parents are forced to have these unwanted babies, most will go on the dole or otherwise be supported by the state.

Parents should be responsible for supporting their offspring, not society, so yeah if a parent has so many kids that they can't support them, I am in favor of letting nature take it's course.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Completely untrue.  

95% of the murders I've worked have been positive acts for humanity.

Doubly so when the perp is removed from society also.

So keep murdering, homie!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Murder is always wrong, whether it involves killing unborn babies or fully grown people.
Completely untrue.  

95% of the murders I've worked have been positive acts for humanity.

Doubly so when the perp is removed from society also.

So keep murdering, homie!

How can you be so callous?  How many future doctors, artists and humanitarians had their lives snuffed out?  The man that discovers the cure for bulemia or plaque psoriasis could be one of those shot down before their time...  Think of what could have been.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

He's right you know!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Murder is always wrong, whether it involves killing unborn babies or fully grown people.
He's right you know!  

This is what gets me as well.

If a thug shoots a pregnant woman and the fetus dies, he gets charged with murder for that fetus. Yet that same pregnant woman could go to a clinic and kill her baby and it's not murder.

Either killing a fetus is murder or it's not. It can't be murder for one person and not for another just because "she didn't want it." Maybe I "don't want" some other people around, can I just kill them and it's OK?

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Doesn't matter. Still unimaginably immoral.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If the parents are forced to have these unwanted babies, most will go on the dole or otherwise be supported by the state.

Parents should be responsible for supporting their offspring, not society, so yeah if a parent has so many kids that they can't support them, I am in favor of letting nature take it's course.
View Quote

Were they forced to fuck each other and get pregnant in the first place?  Maybe responsibility should start one step back.

You are advocating kids starving to death that have done nothing wrong and didn't ask to be born.  That's evil.  But it doesn't surprise me based on your other comments in this thread.  

Let's apply your point of view to other scenarios.  

- A child is born to parents who have migrated to this country.  The parents have no family here in the U.S.  The parents get in a car crash and die.  The child is now homeless and has no guardian.  We should just let nature take its course and allow the child to wander the streets until it starves to death.

- A child is born to parents that are poor, but are not on any public assistance.  They are just making ends meet.  The child gets a critical but curable disease.  The parents do not have enough insurance to cover the cost of treatment.  We should simply let nature take its course and allow the child to die of the disease.

- Your grandmother is retired and has paid into Social Security.  She is on Medicare.  Her healthcare needs are extremely costly.  The cost of keeping her alive, in a few years, exceeds the amount she paid into Social Security.  She is a net drain on society.  We should let nature take its course and let her die.

The view you have espoused is poorly conceived and indefensible.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Were they forced to fuck each other and get pregnant in the first place?  Maybe responsibility should start one step back.

You are advocating kids starving to death that have done nothing wrong and didn't ask to be born.  That's evil.  But it doesn't surprise me based on your other comments in this thread.  

- A child is born to parents who have migrated to this country.  The parents have no family here in the U.S.  The parents get in a car crash and die.  The child is now homeless and has no guardian.  We should just let nature take its course and allow the child to wander the streets until it starves to death.

- A child is born to parents that are poor, but are not on any public assistance.  They are just making ends meet.  The child gets a critical but curable disease.  The parents do not have enough insurance to cover the cost of treatment.  We should simply let nature take its course and allow the child to die of the disease.

- Your grandmother is retired and has paid into Social Security.  She is on Medicare.  Her healthcare needs are extremely costly.  The cost of keeping her alive, in a few years, exceeds the amount she paid into Social Security.  She is a net drain on society.  We should let nature take its course and let her die.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My screen name is not sourced from John Locke, it's sourced from Ender's Game. That should give you some insight into my thought processes.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#15]
These threads always bring them out of the woodwork.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Were they forced to fuck each other and get pregnant in the first place? ____ MAYBE RESPONSEABITY SHOULD START ONE STEP BACK____

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Were they forced to fuck each other and get pregnant in the first place? ____ MAYBE RESPONSEABITY SHOULD START ONE STEP BACK____

The Fathers are the ones that caused all this. You don't support YOUR offspring ?
Locked up (or neutered) to to prevent it happening again.
Perhaps this would convince the assholes to boot before they shoot.

Harsh, Don't CARE.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My screen name is not sourced from John Locke, it's sourced from Ender's Game. That should give you some insight into my thought processes.
View Quote

To be honest I see very little in the way of "thought" or "process" on your part when it comes to the idea you have presented.  The fact that you did not refute or otherwise object to the examples I provided is unsurprising.

The view you have expressed has been at the core of more than one genocide.  I suspect you are rather young and ignorant.  At least I hope so.  Being old and ignorant is even worse.  I would suggest that 6k+ posts in less than a year means you favor quantity over quality.

It probably hasn't occurred to you that nature also has a solution for those who have such low regard for the sanctity of life.  It is that low regard for others that allows criminals to do harm to others.  Those that view the lives of many others as worthless and disposable might have few qualms about attempting to end those lives.

Criminals are one of the reasons I carry a gun.  Criminals...and people like you.  You've managed to reveal yourself as a sociopath on Arfcom.  Great job.  You've got plenty of company.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Is there a graph that shows an increase in entitlements in this same time period?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Let me get this straight...because your perception of how the group (AR15.com) thinks, it encapsulates the entire crowd?  Cognitive bias much?  This is the same argument line as BLM.  Because politicians (not every one, just some) that are usually white (to my ignorance), have made laws that I don't agree with or want to follow, ALL white people are to fault.  People are complex and this board is as diverse as it gets.  Just because the vocal ones give their opinion on one thing, doesn't me it aligns with other peoples opinions on other things.  The only thing we all truly have in common here is we like guns, or at least talking about them.

There are a lot of smart people on here, but not many critical thinkers.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is there a graph that shows an increase in entitlements in this same time period?
View Quote

Oh I'm sure there is but the OP is not going to post those numbers in his "study".
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Hell, there are tons of horrible kids nowadays. Should we just kill them too? Every bad parent deserves to have their child killed?

I'm so confused by what you're trying to say. Correlation does not equal causation. Sometimes it seems like it, but there are a lot of good kids out there with shitty, horrible parents. They did not deserve to be aborted because their parents were terrible...

My best friend was born to 2 Crack heads that are in jail for the next 15 years. They put him up for adoption when he was a few weeks old because they didn't want him anymore. He has 2BS, an MS and a PhD in Chem Engineering and is one of the most successful guys I have ever met. Would literally give you his last dime. I can't stand arguments that would suggest his parents should have aborted him.

And in case it matters, I'm in the who gives a shit just don't use my tax money camp. I think it's wrong in every way, but if they can live with it and have the finances to do, they're the ones that have to answer for their actions one day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mothers that would abort healthy fetuses are going to be total pieces of shit as parents.  Their children will be fucking horrible and criminals

Hell, there are tons of horrible kids nowadays. Should we just kill them too? Every bad parent deserves to have their child killed?

I'm so confused by what you're trying to say. Correlation does not equal causation. Sometimes it seems like it, but there are a lot of good kids out there with shitty, horrible parents. They did not deserve to be aborted because their parents were terrible...

My best friend was born to 2 Crack heads that are in jail for the next 15 years. They put him up for adoption when he was a few weeks old because they didn't want him anymore. He has 2BS, an MS and a PhD in Chem Engineering and is one of the most successful guys I have ever met. Would literally give you his last dime. I can't stand arguments that would suggest his parents should have aborted him.

And in case it matters, I'm in the who gives a shit just don't use my tax money camp. I think it's wrong in every way, but if they can live with it and have the finances to do, they're the ones that have to answer for their actions one day.

Outlier. In nature vs nurture, nature normally wins.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The Fathers are the ones that caused all this. You don't support YOUR offspring ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Where did that come from?  I have no offspring.  If I did, I'm more than able to provide for them.  

But fuck you for the implication.

Quoted:
Locked up (or neutered) to to prevent it happening again.
Perhaps this would convince the assholes to boot before they shoot.
Harsh, Don't CARE.

It's isn't that it is harsh.  It's that it's stupid.  Locked up eh?  You need to explain that to the people who are concerned about the fiscal implications of having people on the dole.  You think it is cheaper to incarcerate them?

Ok, so your teenage daughter gets pregnant.  She can't afford to support the kid, obviously.  So after the one child, she is forcibly sterilized.  Sounds good to you, right?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice to see so many can execute the unborn and rationalize it by saying they might be criminals.

It's the ultimate Office of Precrime.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess...
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Such a vibrant civilization !!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Yes.  now what scientific study am I suppose to read?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you conducted a study?  

Do you know how to read?

Yes.  now what scientific study am I suppose to read?  
Hello, I saw your on the web, mk4dubbin.  explain to me what study?

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, murder is murder.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#28]
You know what else that graph that shows the decline of violence coincides with?

the Expansion of the welfare state.

The End of the 30s (youth) for those who were Drafted into nam.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

To be honest I see very little in the way of "thought" or "process" on your part when it comes to the idea you have presented.  The fact that you did not refute or otherwise object to the examples I provided is unsurprising.

The view you have expressed has been at the core of more than one genocide.  I suspect you are rather young and ignorant.  At least I hope so.  Being old and ignorant is even worse.  I would suggest that 6k+ posts in less than a year means you favor quantity over quality.

It probably hasn't occurred to you that nature also has a solution for those who have such low regard for the sanctity of life.  It is that low regard for others that allows criminals to do harm to others.  Those that view the lives of many others as worthless and disposable might have few qualms about attempting to end those lives.

Criminals are one of the reasons I carry a gun.  Criminals...and people like you.  You've managed to reveal yourself as a sociopath on Arfcom.  Great job.  You've got plenty of company.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does this mean that you don't want to be friends?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
OP can't grasp the fact that people who oppose abortion see it as the murder of children.  Pointing out that it's actually a neat little eugenics program isn't going to change their minds, because they probably dont think eugenics is that great an idea anyway.

In the same way that people who oppose genocide would still oppose it even if you had a bunch of graphs and statistics about how rounding up and exterminating this particular group of people would save us all a lot of money and be a net benefit to society.
View Quote

Excellent summary.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Yup. I was gonna reference "Freakonomics" while reading OP and see that FPNI.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The real question is whether or not you, as a sociopath, are capable of friendship.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The real question is whether or not you, as a sociopath, are capable of friendship.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm adding you to my Christmas card list.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

freedom to murder, well thats certainly a novel idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't agree with abortion, so I won't get one.

I love freedom. Freedom is scary.

If we live in a society where people are free to abort pregnancies, well, I think that is just dandy.

freedom to murder, well thats certainly a novel idea.

The freedom to murder a zygote cell, while not a choice I'd make, is pretty awesome.

Freest country in the world.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mothers that would abort healthy fetuses are going to be total pieces of shit as parents.  Their children will be fucking horrible and criminals

And in my family we call it miracles.

Your statement just wreaks of Eugenics.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Dispensing with zygotes through legal abortion is not murder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dispensing with zygotes through legal abortion is not murder.

just because it's legal doesn't make it right
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Ah, yes, the "it's removing the undesirables of society" argument.

You might almost call it a "final solution" to the crime problem.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Liberals love abortions.

I don't like liberals.

They reduce their numbers through abortion.

Why u gotta hate abortion?  
View Quote

Because Liberals just import more Liberals
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#39]
As an increasing amount of females enter combat roles in our armed forces, abortion rights are now more important than ever.

The defense of our great nation depends on the readiness of these women. If they can't abort unplanned pregnancies, they can't fight.

We need to keep these women in the fight and preserve their god given rights.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Because it is much easier to send me a Christmas card than refute anything I've said.

How does one determine whether or not someone is a productive member of society and therefore of "worth"?  Is it a purely economic determination?  What about the criminal that has a day job?  Does a serial killer get a pass if they make 50k a year so long as the serial killer takes out "worthless" people?  

I'm just curious how it works.  I suspect there are allowances in your philosophy for sociopaths that can pay the rent.  What is very interesting is this:

Quoted:

What determines whether or not a mind is cultivated and grown?  A human mind that is incapable of empathy is defective, is it not?  I'm just wondering if you fit your own criteria for being human, or if you are just like any other animal.  

And if you are in fact defective you are disposable.  And if you are disposable why haven't you disposed of yourself?  
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Because it is much easier to send me a Christmas card than refute anything I've said.

How does one determine whether or not someone is a productive member of society and therefore of "worth"?  Is it a purely economic determination?  What about the criminal that has a day job?  Does a serial killer get a pass if they make 50k a year?  

I'm just curious how it works.  I suspect there are allowances in your philosophy for sociopaths that can pay the rent.  What is very interesting is this:

What determines whether or not a mind is cultivated and grown?  A human mind that is incapable of empathy is defective, is it not?  I'm just wondering if you fit your own criteria for being human, or if you are just like any other animal.  

And if you are in fact defective you are disposable.  And if you are disposable why haven't you disposed of yourself?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does one determine whether or not someone is a productive member of society and therefore of "worth"?  Is it a purely economic determination?  What about the criminal that has a day job?  Does a serial killer get a pass if they make 50k a year?  

Quoted:

If you can support yourself without violating anyone else's life, liberty, or property rights, I have no problems with you.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The freedom to murder a zygote cell, while not a choice I'd make, is pretty awesome.

View Quote

Well at least you agree with the monster in your avatar.

But did you mean to use the word "murder"? That word denotes the killing of another human, which is a bit more than just a zygote cell.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Eh, the numbers really don't work out that well...

Abortion numbers started to fall 20 years ago... If the theory held, crime rates would be going back up now, but they aren't...  In fact, they continue to fall.

It's possible that the initial surge of abortions helped reduce economic stress in some communities, and MAY have jump started some other helpful trends, but data to back that up is... scant...

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If you can support yourself without violating anyone else's life, liberty, or property rights, I have no problems with you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

But that's not what you said.  You specifically outlined criteria with regard to a developed mind and made that the determining factor for whether or not a human life has value.  That's completely different from an economic criteria.

Answer the questions, please.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Excellent summary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP can't grasp the fact that people who oppose abortion see it as the murder of children.  Pointing out that it's actually a neat little eugenics program isn't going to change their minds, because they probably dont think eugenics is that great an idea anyway.

In the same way that people who oppose genocide would still oppose it even if you had a bunch of graphs and statistics about how rounding up and exterminating this particular group of people would save us all a lot of money and be a net benefit to society.

Excellent summary.

Yes it is.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

But that's not what you said.  You specifically outlined criteria with regard to a developed mind and made that the determining factor for whether or not a human life has value.  That's completely different from an economic criteria.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just sort of staring at my computer screen quizzically right now.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#47]
What you're saying is, murdering innocents is ok because it might stop violent crime in the future.

But those who want to stop killing innocents while punishing those who do, are hypocrites?

You're arguing that we should murder to prevent crime and save money.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He's right you know!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's right you know!  

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
Preach it pointman!

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

But did you mean to use the word "murder"? That word denotes the killing of another human, which is a bit more than just a zygote cell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was quoting someone else that referred to abortion as murder, which you know because you read the post and edited out the quote of the other poster lol.

A zygote, or even an embryo is essentially the lowest form of a human, perhaps even lower than Juggalos.

While not a choice I'd personally make, murdering one is a freedom in America and a god given right.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top