Quoted:
do  you like gladiator movies?
View Quote

We already did that one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fuck. So what you're saying is if I get out now I am highly employable to guard chicken in a shack for 12 hours a day.

Looks I'm re-upping!
What was the other job?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What was your MOS in the Army? How long were you in? Do you like your job?

13D, 8 years, I have only had 1 job that I have liked. This one is stupid easy and pays the bills. I can't think of many jobs that I would like to do that I have a realistic shot of getting. As it is I love fabrication and cars, guns etc. So I'm thinking about starting to pursue a career as a machinist.

Fuck. So what you're saying is if I get out now I am highly employable to guard chicken in a shack for 12 hours a day.

Looks I'm re-upping!
What was the other job?

The Army WAS the job I liked!  Do yourself a favor, reup and change MOS's to something like satcom.. something marketable in the civ world. Are you a 13 series?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You got an actual bathroom to use? Or just a bucket?
View Quote

Bathroom, thing is a beast! Has some serious power flush or whatever you would call it, I swear you could unroll a whole roll of TP in it and it would flush with no problem.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, my children and my own health are why I quit, but sometimes they are worth it. I keep it under control, I haven't even smoked for the last 3 months, before that maybe 2 months before that more like 6 months. Eventually either it's a real damn nice day or shit happens and I'll buy a pack, smoke the pack and quit again for a good while.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
About this smoking thing.
You know that you shouldn't right?

Yes, my children and my own health are why I quit, but sometimes they are worth it. I keep it under control, I haven't even smoked for the last 3 months, before that maybe 2 months before that more like 6 months. Eventually either it's a real damn nice day or shit happens and I'll buy a pack, smoke the pack and quit again for a good while.

Either do it or don't, you are in charge, not circumstances. Not trying to be an ass but you will much better off as a non smoker so don't let a shitty experience push you back into a bad habit. If it's just a couple because you are stressed but that is it any you won't be smoking tomorrow then it's not a huge deal. I'm much better off without smoking, you will be too.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Had a hell of a day and it only keeps getting better. Bought a pack of smokes after not smoking for nearly 3 months due to something that happened earlier today. Did get paid though. So for the next 12 hours the plant I pull security for is closed and I got nothing to do, ask me anything! (doesn't mean I will answer!)
View Quote

But, I am that guy one arfcom who is sitting in a guard shack at this very moment for a chemical facility that is closed. Other than pixelated security cameras to glance at, I too have nothing to do.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#6]
As little as I smoke, i'm not to concerned about it. I haven't smoked more than a pack without quitting for several months. And as it is I have to get the Marlboro smooth's as anything else just taste like ass to me now. I ahve no desire to talk about what stress'ed me into lighting up today, but it was a lot more than average daily stressers.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Did anyone ask why you had a bad day?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Is it clean enough in the shack that you pick up items you drop or do you consider them sacrifices that are forever lost in a mixture of tobacco spit, jizz, and cigarette butts?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#9]

I'll buy you a membership if you make your next set of rounds without any pants on.

However, you have to prove it.  You'll need to take and post pics.

Wait a minute.  I take that back.  Never mind.  I didn't think this all of the way through.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Had a hell of a day and it only keeps getting better. Bought a pack of smokes after not smoking for nearly 3 months due to something that happened earlier today. Did get paid though. So for the next 12 hours the plant I pull security for is closed and I got nothing to do, ask me anything! (doesn't mean I will answer!)
View Quote

Why not take the time to study abt something productive...

So you can get a better job?

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have no desire to share on the internet.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is it clean enough in the shack that you pick up items you drop or do you consider them sacrifices that are forever lost in a mixture of tobacco spit, jizz, and cigarette butts?
View Quote

It's clean, we keep it that way. No smoking inside of it etc.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why even mention it?  

Or...  more importantly, why would you talk about everything else you've talked about.  

Have a good day.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'll buy you a membership if you make your next set of rounds without any pants on.

However, you have to prove it.  You'll need to take and post pics.

Wait a minute.  I take that back.  Never mind.  I didn't think this all of the way through.

View Quote

We just control traffic in and out, and personnel at the gates.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:26:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Will a blacklight reveal how you're passing the time?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Or...  more importantly, why would you talk about everything else you've talked about.  

Have a good day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have a good day.

Because I'm bored?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Will a blacklight reveal how you're passing the time?

View Quote

Not me, can't speak for anyone else.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Have you ever dropped the gate on somebody's hood?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Have a good day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have a good day.

You know what, fuck it. Here's what happened.

My wife, I and my kids were all laying on our bed ( California king size) watching a movie, my wife mentioned she needed to go get a few things, so she got up and left. All the kids are still laying on the bed and my youngest cuddled up to me and was going to sleep (she's almost 2) So she had finally gone to sleep and I was working my arm out from under her as my 2yr old (almost 3) had gotten out of bed about 10min prior when I told my son to let our dog in. He had, and came back, but my 2yr old daughter got up and left the room (my arm still under my youngest and almost asleep but not yet) Well I noticed it sure was quiet...and quiet is bad. So no sooner than had I gotten up I hear a knock at the door. I go running as I figure it's my wife with her hands full. WRONG.

Their stood 2 police officers and I instantly knew what happened when as I went to the door, I noticed it was cracked open.  So my two year old daughter found the door my son failed to lock back (he's 8) I'm guessing not fully closed, and unlocked and wondered outside where it was like 31*Fucking degree's outside. Some stranger (good sameritan noticed her playing in a puddle of water and stopped, put her in her car to warm up and called the police.

I'm mixed with emotions over the matter. And pissed. As soon as my wife got home I had everyones full attention  and made damn sure my son and wife know from now on the damn door gets shut ALL the fucking way and locked EVERY TIME! PERIOD.  It has been an ongoing issue with my wife leaving the damn door unlocked, and my son's apparently thinking it's just "ok" for it to be that way, despite knowing  how I HATE that.

I didn't post this originally because I wasn't seeking every ass hole on here esp. those without kids to judge my parenting skills. I mean wtf was I supposed to do!?  Apparently I fucked up by not bitching a fit suficently enough in the past about the damn door being shut and locked. Hell I have come home before, wife and everyone gone to the store, and the fucking door was unlocked because "it's easier for me to get inside with stuff and the kids".  It took all I had not to go absolute ape shit crazy.

Not to mention I had some young officer giving me the stink eye and trying to lecture me. Which I stoopped and explained I get exactly how bad it looks and thanked the woman that stopped etc. but fuck ! I mean .....*sigh*
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Shit happens with kids.  Lessons were hopefully learned and nothing bad came of it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#21]
At least you didn't get a toddler fucked up on wine or crush her with a shopping cart

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1809852_Dad_Fail_Stories__Lets_Hear__em__Got_it_typed_out_now____Drunk_baby_story_in_OP_.html

Might be time to install a hydraulic door closer & autolock though
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Shit happens with kids.  Lessons were hopefully learned and nothing bad came of it.
View Quote

This.  Glad it ended with no harm to your kids. Shit happens quick.  Impossible to keep an eye on them every second.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Are you allowed more than one bullet?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Are you allowed more than one bullet?
View Quote

WTF? What is that a reference to the deputy from the Andy Grifth Show? If so, I am not an idiot. Shit happens, esp. when your wife doesn't like to lock the door and has apparently shown your son it's not that important. Seriously it has happened a few times (comnig home to the door unlocked and no one home) And I have raised hell about it in the past, I mean wtf do you want to come home to an empty house?

Part of the problem for my wife is she has issues with her key... I think i'm going to call the landlord in the morning and see about getting a new bolt lock installed so thats no longer an excuse.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My wife, I and my kids were all laying on our bed ( California king size) watching a movie, my wife mentioned she needed to go get a few things, so she got up and left. All the kids are still laying on the bed and my youngest cuddled up to me and was going to sleep (she's almost 2) So she had finally gone to sleep and I was working my arm out from under her as my 2yr old (almost 3) had gotten out of bed about 10min prior when I told my son to let our dog in. He had, and came back, but my 2yr old daughter got up and left the room (my arm still under my youngest and almost asleep but not yet) Well I noticed it sure was quiet...and quiet is bad. So no sooner than had I gotten up I hear a knock at the door. I go running as I figure it's my wife with her hands full. WRONG.

Their stood 2 police officers and I instantly knew what happened when as I went to the door, I noticed it was cracked open.  So my two year old daughter found the door my son failed to lock back (he's 8) I'm guessing not fully closed, and unlocked and wondered outside where it was like 31*Fucking degree's outside. Some stranger (good sameritan noticed her playing in a puddle of water and stopped, put her in her car to warm up and called the police.

I'm mixed with emotions over the matter. And pissed. As soon as my wife got home I had everyones full attention  and made damn sure my son and wife know from now on the damn door gets shut ALL the fucking way and locked EVERY TIME! PERIOD.  It has been an ongoing issue with my wife leaving the damn door unlocked, and my son's apparently thinking it's just "ok" for it to be that way, despite knowing  how I HATE that.

I didn't post this originally because I wasn't seeking every ass hole on here esp. those without kids to judge my parenting skills. I mean wtf was I supposed to do!?  Apparently I fucked up by not bitching a fit suficently enough in the past about the damn door being shut and locked. Hell I have come home before, wife and everyone gone to the store, and the fucking door was unlocked because "it's easier for me to get inside with stuff and the kids".  It took all I had not to go absolute ape shit crazy.

Not to mention I had some young officer giving me the stink eye and trying to lecture me. Which I stoopped and explained I get exactly how bad it looks and thanked the woman that stopped etc. but fuck ! I mean .....*sigh*
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have a good day.

Should have you used a Version of the Topgun response "Well, that just about covers the door being unlocked."

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Is it a haunted guard shack?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Did op fall asleep?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, and I did not fall asleep, I went home. Thread was roaring for a bit there and then I guess everyone went to bed because it died fast. Oh well, another day in the shack, but at least it's not 14 hours this time and it's during the day.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No, and I did not fall asleep, I went home. Thread was roaring for a bit there and then I guess everyone went to bed because it died fast. Oh well, another day in the shack, but at least it's not 14 hours this time and it's during the day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad your shack isn't haunted.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#30]
You can make some shitty pay as a LEO in GA.

I can steer you towards some quality depts in my locale.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top