BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:05:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When it comes to the Abortion topic....the vast majority are religion based...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bigots.  All of ya

At first, Arfcom is all like "MYOB" and "Their ____, their rules", "Don't tread on me!"

Then one of these threads comes around, and Arfcom is all "I'm gonna tell you what to do"  "It ought to be illegal!"  "I'm gonna tell your family how to live"

LOL

Agreed.

Religion makes hypocrites of all men.

Men do not need religion to be hypocrites. Your just using that as an excuse which is hypocritical.  

You don't have to be religious to value life, or so Atheists on this board have told me. Unless you're saying most Atheists do not value life, and have morals to value said life?

If we're painting with broad brushes we either need to go big or go home, right?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:13:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You mean extra-judicially?  Due process much?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I personally think abortion is bad and Planned Parenthood is a bunch of ghouls.  But their ceilings are apparently awesome.

Indeed. But further, I do not support bombing and/or shooting up PP facilities.
So it's not ok to kill murderers?  

So if say you are carrying and listening to a rock band and say a bunch of murderers enter and start shooting everyone, do you think "Hold on: I can't shoot them. These men deserve a fair trial"?

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:17:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So if say you are carrying and listening to a rock band and say a bunch of murderers enter and start shooting everyone, do you think "Hold on: I can't shoot them. These men deserve a fair trial"?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I personally think abortion is bad and Planned Parenthood is a bunch of ghouls.  But their ceilings are apparently awesome.

Indeed. But further, I do not support bombing and/or shooting up PP facilities.
So it's not ok to kill murderers?  

Abortion is legal. What you describe is not.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:23:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You don't have to be religious to value life, or so Atheists on this board have told me. Unless you're saying most Atheists do not value life, and have morals to value said life?

If we're painting with broad brushes we either need to go big or go home, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bigots.  All of ya

At first, Arfcom is all like "MYOB" and "Their ____, their rules", "Don't tread on me!"

Then one of these threads comes around, and Arfcom is all "I'm gonna tell you what to do"  "It ought to be illegal!"  "I'm gonna tell your family how to live"

LOL

Agreed.

Men do not need religion to be hypocrites. Your just using that as an excuse which is hypocritical.  

No, you don't have to be religious to value life.  I'm not, and I value it just fine.  
I'd just like to point out that many of these threads on this topic have a lot of "god" "jesus" and "I'm a Christian" scattered all through them.  Same reason why the GOP is against abortion...they have a strong religious background.  

But since we have our brushes out, wouldn't birth control be considered abortion?  After all, it's a pill that prevents life at it's earliest form...it does what the coat hanger can't

That's bad...I know...lol
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:26:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No, you don't have to be religious to value life.  I'm not, and I value it just fine.  
I'd just like to point out that many of these threads on this topic have a lot of "god" "jesus" and "I'm a Christian" scattered all through them.  Same reason why the GOP is against abortion...they have a strong religious background.  

But since we have our brushes out, wouldn't birth control be considered abortion?  After all, it's a pill that prevents life at it's earliest form...it does what the coat hanger can't

View Quote

For the mentioning of the pill, life has not been created, so no. Taking preventive measure to create a life does not resort into taking a life.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:27:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Prevents" is different than "terminates."

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:50:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Imagine our country with 60 million more democrats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There have been close to 60 million pre born American citizens killed in the USA since Rove v Wade

Anyway, I haven't heard the reason for the shootings today.  Just the place.  Let's wait a while and see what's actually going on?

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:07:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Trolling_drawing.jpg/300px-Trolling_drawing.jpg

Anyway, I haven't heard the reason for the shootings today.  Just the place.  Let's wait a while and see what's actually going on?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There have been close to 60 million pre born American citizens killed in the USA since Rove v Wade

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Trolling_drawing.jpg/300px-Trolling_drawing.jpg

read the whole thread...it was robbery and subsequent shootout  that took place NEAR a PPH clinic.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:55:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

For the mentioning of the pill, life has not been created, so no. Taking preventive measure to create a life does not resort into taking a life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking more along the lines of the extremists out there.  Some people don't see the fetus as "life" until it sees the light of day.  And other extremists see a woman's egg as life, and as murder to prevent or destroy it.  

I've heard both sides in my years of reading these topics.  

Some people out there are just
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:14:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I personally think abortion is bad and Planned Parenthood is a bunch of soulless ghouls.  But their ceilings are apparently awesome.  They can support a guy who weighs probably north of 200 lbs.  
View Quote

Hundreds of millions gotta go for something besides campaign donations...
Daniel
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

read the whole thread...it was robbery and subsequent shootout  that took place NEAR a PPH clinic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read everything I've posted. The only thing I've said was a reaction to our merry band of Army of God wannsbes. I made no guesses as to this guy's motive.

But you'd rather feel smug.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well, I'm Pro-choice.  I firmly believe that the individual in charge of their body should be in control of it.  I am not willing to tell the person down the street, whom I have never met before, what they can and cannot do with their body, and with their family.  If their situation means they cannot have a child, and/or do not want a child...and if they can live with "killing an innocent "baby"", then so be it.  That's not my call to make, nor is it anyone else's but the mother and father.  
And IMO, it's not a person/baby until it exits the womb.  And no, no one will change my mind, so don't bother getting all upset and defensive about it.  That's my opinion.  You have your opinion.  Good day
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bigots.  All of ya

LOL

Now you know what us Mac users feel like.

Seriously though, The key takeaway here is that lives are lost with abortion.

I can't think of a corollary in which innocent lives are being intentionally killed, on such a huge scale and such a regular basis ... while people debate whether it's even life.

Well, I'm Pro-choice.  I firmly believe that the individual in charge of their body should be in control of it.  I am not willing to tell the person down the street, whom I have never met before, what they can and cannot do with their body, and with their family.  If their situation means they cannot have a child, and/or do not want a child...and if they can live with "killing an innocent "baby"", then so be it.  That's not my call to make, nor is it anyone else's but the mother and father.  
And IMO, it's not a person/baby until it exits the womb.  And no, no one will change my mind, so don't bother getting all upset and defensive about it.  That's my opinion.  You have your opinion.  Good day

So, it's OK to kill the baby the day before it is born?

That's about as disgusting a thought as can be had.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bigots.  All of ya

LOL

Agreed.

I ain't religious.

I value life. I ain't even anti abortion.

but once the fetus has developed enough to feel pain and show signs of acting in self preservation, it is a human that is being killed.

And that is homicide. Considering the victim has never committed a crime, and is innocent, it is murder.

Aint no magical thinking there. is is 1+2=3.

end of story
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#14]
But this was a robbery that went from bad to worse and then the place the dirt bag took cover in was a baby murder factory,  

this is only about PP because the Drive by media made it so, along with their willing accomplices who support the murder of those who can't defend themselves.

had it been any other office building on that street, this would have never made it to the national media.

interesting
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Mil who get tanks are attention seeking POGs.  I can show you at least 500 examples on this site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love people who are pro-life but condone bombing and shooting up abortion clinics!

I too am a big fan of picking out the most extreme example I can find on the other side of a debate right off the bat and highlighting it to avoid any form of meaningful discussion on the issue.

You must have missed my links, where I pointed out people on this site with that mentality.

Mil who get tanks are attention seeking POGs.  I can show you at least 500 examples on this site.

The tank haters pop up in the oddest threads.

Oh Well.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:47:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Oh Well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love people who are pro-life but condone bombing and shooting up abortion clinics!

I too am a big fan of picking out the most extreme example I can find on the other side of a debate right off the bat and highlighting it to avoid any form of meaningful discussion on the issue.

You must have missed my links, where I pointed out people on this site with that mentality.

Oh Well.

I'm more of an attack helicopter man myself, can I get an attack helicopter?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:I'm more of an attack helicopter man myself, can I get an attack helicopter?
View Quote

I want a mobile shower unit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I'm more of an attack helicopter man myself, can I get an attack helicopter?

I've been asking for a parachute for years.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:38:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bigots.  All of ya

LOL

I can't think of a corollary in which innocent lives are being intentionally killed, on such a huge scale and such a regular basis ... while people debate whether it's even life.

That's the mother's choice.  However I'd be more curious as to why it took her 9 months to finally decide
If you are that far along...you might as well just have it and give it up for adoption.  That's a no brainer.  But again...it ain't my business, nor is it yours.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes. Let's just sit back and continue on with the genocide.

I don't condone murder of any kind, except in self defense. However, anyone would try to defend their life if they could. Do you understand what that means?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it is the sanctioned murder of innocent people. Doesn't mean that I think that more murder would fix it.

Yes. Let's just sit back and continue on with the genocide.

I don't condone murder of any kind, except in self defense. However, anyone would try to defend their life if they could. Do you understand what that means?

Um, that's not murder. Murder is defined as the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought. To kill in self-defense, is just that, and is not a crime, amoral or unethical.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bigots.  All of ya

LOL

It's crazy to me that people even debate if a fetus is alive. It has never been questioned as not being so far as I am aware until what, the late 80's early 90's? Animals have more rights than that of a unborn child. I would like to also add if it's not alive, why then if a pregnant woman is assaulted and the unborn child dies can that person be charged with murder? Hell I think just assaulting a pregnant woman can get you charged with attempted murder. Wait, maybe because at one time it wasn't even questioned! Everyone knew the baby is alive!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Interesting that some argue they don't think it's right to tell a person what to do with their body. Pretty sure if you just started cutting bits of yourself off, you would be medicated and put in a padded room. So looks like someone is already justified in telling you what you can and can't do with it, they just don't extend it to protect new unborn life.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's the mother's choice.  However I'd be more curious as to why it took her 9 months to finally decide
If you are that far along...you might as well just have it and give it up for adoption.  That's a no brainer.  But again...it ain't my business, nor is it yours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bigots.  All of ya

LOL

Uhh what? Killing a baby a day before it's born is none of anyones business? Yikes,

I haven't really come to a conclusion. To me hearing the 20 week old baby/fetus being preserved during an abortion to harvest fully formed organs is outright ghoulish. On the other hand I don't get some of the  anti abortion folk who are against something like plan b. Preventing the implantation of an egg, to me, does not equal killing a baby. It really is one of the great questions of our existence, when is humanity breathed into a human life?

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Interesting that some argue they don't think it's right to tell a person what to do with their body. Pretty sure if you just started cutting bits of yourself off, you would be medicated and put in a padded room. So looks like someone is already justified in telling you what you can and can't do with it, they just don't extend it to protect new unborn life.
View Quote

Actually, people do cut off parts of their body willingly,  it's a symptom of body integrity identity disorder , a mental illness. And,occasionally, folks find a doctor willing to amputate a limb in a sanitary condition, just to keep the person from doing it themselves.

Rarely, if ever, does someone get locked up for what they do to their own bodies.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bigots.  All of ya

LOL

He stated it pretty clearly that it's ok as long as it hasn't exited the womb.  He's also right.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:48:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I ain't religious.

but once the fetus has developed enough to feel pain and show signs of acting in self preservation, it is a human that is being killed.

And that is homicide. Considering the victim has never committed a crime, and is innocent, it is murder.

end of story
View Quote

So after 27weeks then?  Anti-abortion people get so pissed off about less than 0.5% of all abortions performed.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So after 27weeks then?  Anti-abortion people get so pissed off about less than 0.5% of all abortions performed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ain't religious.

end of story

Shit, they get pissed off over Plan B.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#28]
The thing that confuses me about the Liberal argument for "Choice" is that you don't give the baby any "Choice".
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, what pisses me off is so many abortionists think the anti late term abortion laws should be repealed.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Read everything I've posted. The only thing I've said was a reaction to our merry band of Army of God wannsbes. I made no guesses as to this guy's motive.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL - there's some selective memory.

You made the third post in this thread, do you remember what it was?  Here it is.

Quoted:

Note you made that post when no one had condoned anything.  

You bought the media's narrative and started swinging.

It has nothing to do with your self imagined "merry band of Army of God wannsbes" and has everthing to do with an evangelical anti theist who saw an opportunity to throw some mud.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

He stated it pretty clearly that it's ok as long as it hasn't exited the womb.  He's also right.
View Quote

That is despicable and disgusting. And not that it matters to you, but I think very little of people who would abort a child when it could live on its own but the mother simply doesn't want it anymore.

At very least you pro-death people should come up with a pragmatic system to decide when the child cannot be aborted without it being murder. Is it when a fetus responds to stimuli? When it can live without the mother's help? "At birth" is a cop-out, as is "her choice", which is a cowardly response to this debate.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You made the third post in this thread, do you remember what it was?  Here it is.

It has nothing to do with your self imagined "merry band of Army of God wannsbes" and has everthing to do with an evangelical anti theist who saw an opportunity to throw some mud.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

And you apparently missed the links I posted. Bless your selective reading.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw them.

They don't say what you think they say.

And even if they did, why are you bloviating about them here?

I mean, apart from the obvious tilting at windmills.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I saw them.

View Quote

I love how the only people saying "they don't say what you think they say" or "it was sarcasm" are people other than the folks who posted that bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:08:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The thing that confuses me about the Liberal argument for "Choice" is that you don't give the baby any "Choice".
View Quote

A number of people that claim to be "Pro-Life" support the death penalty, firearm ownership, and a "strong" military...etc...things that lead to death...the taking of lives. Confusion is everywhere..
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yet, a number of people that claim to be "Pro-Life" support the death penalty, firearm ownership, and a "strong" military...etc...things that lead to death...the taking of lives. Confusion is everywhere..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet, a number of people that claim to be "Pro-Life" support the death penalty, firearm ownership, and a "strong" military...etc...things that lead to death...the taking of lives. Confusion is everywhere..

Those examples aren't murder, which is what the OT prohibits.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I love how the only people saying "they don't say what you think they say" or "it was sarcasm" are people other than the folks who posted that bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw them.

And the only person trying to convince everyone that they're advocating Planned Parenthood attacks is you.

It takes a special kind of delusion to think that everyone is wrong but you.

But like I said, even if they did mean what you think they mean, why are you bloviating about them here where no one has made those claims?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

And the only person trying to convince everyone that they're advocating Planned Parenthood attacks is you.

But like I said, even if they did mean what you think they mean, why are you bloviating about them here where no one has made those claims?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw them.

Why are you so invested in anything I say?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw them.

Why are you so "invested" in what they said?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw them.

Whether or not what they said was how they felt, that sort of shit paints this site in a negative light, and could be construed by the MSM as support for any act of anti-abortion terrorism that happens.

But go ahead and don't let that worry you if you don't mind being lumped in with that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Ted Cruz Says That The Colorado Planned Parenthood Shooter Is A "Transgendered Leftist Activist".
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bigots.  All of ya

LOL

It becomes my business when taxpayers have to foot the bill.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Whether or not what they said was how they felt, that sort of shit paints this site in a negative light, and could be construed by the MSM as support for any act of anti-abortion terrorism that happens.

But go ahead and don't let that worry you if you don't mind being lumped in with that sort of thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you've spent this entire thread punching wildly about stuff that didn't happen & about people that might have posted something you didn't like in the name of...protecting the site.

That's a special kind of delusional white knighting right there!
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So, you've spent this entire thread punching wildly about stuff that didn't happen & about people that might have posted something you didn't like in the name of...protecting the site.

View Quote
This coming from the "man" running to the defense of someone who hasn't bothered clarifying what they said, especially since what they said could, and was, easily construed as support for murdering abortion doctors.  Don't let that hypocrisy smack you in the face too hard.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

A number of people that claim to be "Pro-Life" support the death penalty, firearm ownership, and a "strong" military...etc...things that lead to death...the taking of lives. Confusion is everywhere..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I refuse to believe that a person could fail this badly at using logic. It's simply impossible for a functioning human being to not see the difference between killing someone who's trying to kill you and murdering an innocent, helpless baby.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:02:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This coming from the "man" running to the defense of someone who hasn't bothered clarifying what they said, especially since what they said could, and was, easily construed as support for murdering abortion doctors.  Don't let that hypocrisy smack you in the face too hard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, it just keeps getting better.

I'm not defending anyone.  I'm simply pointing out your stupid BS.

You're the one spouting the false MSN narrative in this thread.  What do you do when you get called on it?  First you said that you were arguing against "army of God wannabe's"...who aren't in this thread.  Then you post some random quotes that don't condone PP attacks.  Then you say you're protecting the site.  And now you're trying to make it about me.

Keep tilting at those windmills though.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You're the one spouting the false MSN narrative in this thread.  What do you do when you get called on it?  First you said that you were arguing against "army of God wannabe's"...who aren't in this thread.  Then you post some random quotes that don't condone PP attacks.  Then you say you're protecting the site.  And now you're trying to make it about me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever, dude.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I refuse to believe that a person could fail this badly at using logic. It's simply impossible for a functioning human being to not see the difference between killing someone who's trying to kill you and murdering an innocent, helpless baby.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it seems like a lot of people work really hard to earn an early death.  Never heard of a baby doing that.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Has anyone gotten a look at the shooters Facebook page or anything like that?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Question for the pro-choice folks.  If it were possible for a woman to decide at any point of her pregnancy that she did not want the baby/fetus/embryo/group of cells, and said group of cells could be removed and placed in an artificial womb until full term, with no future obligation from the mother for anything involving the baby, would you still say the mother has the right to decide if the group of cells is destroyed or allowed to complete development?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top