BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used to like his videos but every other sentence is an analogy.  

Interesting about the full carbines
View Quote

His videos are like a delicious meat burrito, only not, because reasons

I like the dude, but don't like his reviews.  Too many analogies, and they seem pretentious to me.  I like his political videos way more.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I do as well...............I think I might get that version when it's available

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Definitely like the "SD" look.

Wonder why the had silencerco do the faux suppressor.

I'm hoping it's because they designed it to be easily upgradable to a real one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd love a one stamp PCC...Because reasons.

Hell that would make a pretty good HD gun for my tiny ass GF...Wait...Yeah...It's for her...That's what I'll go with
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm curious to hear your reasoning as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That dude sucks.

I'm curious to hear your reasoning as well.

Racism, everywhere racism!

The giant 9mm carbine. No thanks
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#5]
These are very cool - look like a fun range gun.

I just can't get over the fact that once you SBR this it's no different ballistically then my glock 19.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#6]

I wasn't expecting the price to be so high.

Maybe I've been spoiled with my $500 Walmart Colt 6920's, but I thought the carbines would be $500-$600, not $1000-$1100.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why am I thinking this would be really cool gun in .30 carbine?
View Quote

I'm thinking the same thing.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I just can't get over the fact that once you SBR this it's no different ballistically then my glock 19.

View Quote

You'd be cutting the barrel pretty damn short to be no different than your G19.  

Though I do have a reverse stretch MP5 clone that is G19 short, and it has still has two huge advantages over my G19 or any other pistol I'd be carrying.  1) I can mount a stock or a sig brace  2) 30 round magazines.  The CZ has the same advantages.  

I don't know about you, but as much as I love pistols and spend the majority of my time shooting them, I still am more accurate with a stock and a longer sight radius.  A SBR or sig braced PCC gives you that.  

PCCs are interesting to me, because like he said in the video they really aren't as good as an AR, so why bother?  The only reason I bother is I can fit my MP5 clone into places no AR will ever fit, and it gives me a little extra capability in a concealed package.  

On a side note, I'd love to run through a USPSA-ish style stage with both my carry pistol and my MP5 some day on a timer, just to see what the differences are in accuracy/speed.  I think the increased accuracy/capacity make a case for potential usefulness with that kind of gun, even in neutered semi.  

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Nobody is asking the BIG question here: How/where are these things made?

I don't think they can be imported in their current configuration. Are they being imported in some kind of "80%" state and finished in KCK?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Though I do have a reverse stretch MP5 clone that is G19 short, and it has still has two huge advantages over my G19 or any other pistol I'd be carrying.  1) I can mount a stock or a sig brace  2) 30 round magazines.  The CZ has the same advantages.  

I don't know about you, but as much as I love pistols and spend the majority of my time shooting them, I still am more accurate with a stock and a longer sight radius.  A SBR or sig braced PCC gives you that.  

PCCs are interesting to me, because like he said in the video they really aren't as good as an AR, so why bother?  The only reason I bother is I can fit my MP5 clone into places no AR will ever fit, and it gives me a little extra capability in a concealed package.  

On a side note, I'd love to run through a USPSA-ish style stage with both my carry pistol and my MP5 some day on a timer, just to see what the differences are in accuracy/speed.  I think the increased accuracy/capacity make a case for potential usefulness with that kind of gun, even in neutered semi.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of what he said. Good defensive 9mm is going to perform well from a longer barrel. I caught a video a while back where a guy shot some manner of nice HP rounds through a 16" Beretta CX4 Storm at just over 400 yards... and the bullet still expanded pretty well. Not great, but well. So within 100-200 yards, that thing would still hurt like a pistol up close.

A G19 is what, 4.25" barrel? Cut this carbine to 9" and you've still got 5.75" more barrel to get more velocity.

Decent 9mm ammo is cheaper than decent 5.56, so you can shoot more. Out of the 7 pistols I have, only two are NOT 9x19, so that makes common ammo. I have a 9mm can I can use on pistol or carbine...

It would just be a very versatile gun.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#11]
What can this do that the Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine can't ?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:09:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fold the stock.

Cut the barrel to shorter lengths

What does your car do that mine doesn't? Why don't you drive the same car as me?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Colionnoir lurks here
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

All of what he said. Good defensive 9mm is going to perform well from a longer barrel. I caught a video a while back where a guy shot some manner of nice HP rounds through a 16" Beretta CX4 Storm at just over 400 yards... and the bullet still expanded pretty well. Not great, but well. So within 100-200 yards, that thing would still hurt like a pistol up close.

A G19 is what, 4.25" barrel? Cut this carbine to 9" and you've still got 5.75" more barrel to get more velocity.

Decent 9mm ammo is cheaper than decent 5.56, so you can shoot more. Out of the 7 pistols I have, only two are NOT 9x19, so that makes common ammo. I have a 9mm can I can use on pistol or carbine...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pistol cartridges are still pistol cartridges, and the extra barrel length doesn't change that.  You don't get a whole lot more velocity anyways even if you double the length from 4 to 8 inches:

For the same size a 556 10 inch SBR would do a whole lot better.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Pistol cartridges are still pistol cartridges, and the extra barrel length doesn't change that.  You don't get a whole lot more velocity anyways even if you double the length from 4 to 8 inches:
http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/gifs/9corbon115jhp.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of us like shooting suppressed SBR's that are actually insanely quiet.  I've got my suppressed 5.56 SBR, I want a suppressed 9mm SBR.  For the sheer bliss of shooting 147gr subs out of it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Fold the stock.

What does your car do that mine doesn't? Why don't you drive the same car as me?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fold the stock.

its GD..the last of "You cant Like what i DONT LIke!!!!!!!!"
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree that you don't gain much even with a little extra barrel, which is why I said the above in bold.

As for whole lot better?  Yes, a 10 inch 5.56 is obviously superior to a pistol or a pistol caliber carbine.  No dispute there either.

But same size?  No, not at all.  Since I'm a visual guy, here's a picture for you:

That is a 7.5 inch 5.56 AR pistol, next to a reverse stretch MP5, a Glock 19, and a P-01 (since this is theoretically a CZ thread).

The 7.5" AR is ~23" long, a 10" AR is going to be ~26" long.  

Meanwhile, the MP5 clone is 13" long as a pistol, and I'm getting the folding sig brace set up for it, so it will still be that long in a folded configuration.  That's literally half the size of a 10" barreled AR, not the same size at all.  That MP5 is much easier to stuff into a backpack or a day bag in a ready to rock configuration than even my AR pistol is.

Are folding stock PCCs superior to SBR AR-15s?  Nope, not if we're talking ballistics...or how easy they are to customize, or in much of any category.  ARs are pretty much always the best option for anything above a pistol.  

The only place where they are superior to ARs is in how easy they are to conceal/transport, which may play a factor for many who may want something slightly better than just their CCW pistol as a defensive option but can't get away with toting something rifle sized in and out of the office, hotel room, car, whatever.  If you're willing to break down the AR, they don't even win there.  But the ability to pull something out of a bag ready to use right now is something worth considering, IMO.  

While I was measuring stuff, the Glock as a sight radius of ~6", and the MP5 has one of 10".  Add a stock and you have something that may be similar when it comes to ballistics to your CCW, but is much easier to shoot accurately and has a higher capacity.  

TL;DR:  Yeah, ARs are better.  But a SBR sized PCC is far from useless, and does have at least one advantage for those of us interested in discretion and packing (slightly) heavy.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hell that would make a pretty good HD gun for my tiny ass GF...Wait...Yeah...It's for her...That's what I'll go with

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

We have rules, buddy.

Pics of GF's tiny ass, or GTFO.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Checked CZ's website, can't find the non SBR version anywhere on there. I was curious if they made a carbine version with regular picatinny fore-end instead of M-Lock (sp?). Mounting something like a laser would be tough at the 12 o'clock given how low the sights are, and they only way to mount it M-Lock would be a pic adapter. And I don't know if that would hold zero worth a damn.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Did ARFCOM just crash the CZ website because it was working, now its not.
View Quote

Yeah, I think so.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Checked CZ's website, can't find the non SBR version anywhere on there. I was curious if they made a carbine version with regular picatinny fore-end instead of M-Lock (sp?). Mounting something like a laser would be tough at the 12 o'clock given how low the sights are, and they only way to mount it M-Lock would be a pic adapter. And I don't know if that would hold zero worth a damn.
View Quote

CZ-USA has shared Colion's video on their Facebook page, but they haven't added it to their product page.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

It doesn't look like some goofy sci fi gun?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Suddenly we have a problem with CN?  

Why?

View Quote

Because people are more likely to leave negative feedback than positive feedback.  I can understand why some might not like his videos, but as for me I hope he keeps producing more.

Oh did I mention I really want a SBR Evo!!!!!!!!!!???????
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I need to buy a CZ, only problem is do I get one of their 22s or one of the 9mm pistols, so many choices
View Quote

They have .22 pistols, you could just combine the best of both worlds.  (Kadet/Kadet 2)
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#25]
For 16in 9mm carbine is it beneficial to use +p, +p+, or even lightweight ammo like 50gr civil defense to get maximum velocity out of the longer barrel? Or just stick with standard 9mm loads?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Maybe I've been spoiled with my $500 Walmart Colt 6920's, but I thought the carbines would be $500-$600, not $1000-$1100.

View Quote

Point me to where you can buy 6920's for $500. We get it, you got a steal of a deal during clearance. Most didn't even get that big of a discount. Even a blem PSA kit runs around $600+ all said and done. AR's are cheap because the design is ancient and everyone makes them which drives the price down. All things considered, $1000 for a new design is very cheap. Take the MCX, SG-556, SCAR or other new guns and the CZ looks cheap. Even WASRs go for $600+ now.

But I'd love a $500 6920.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#27]
ost
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Point me to where you can buy 6920's for $500. We get it, you got a steal of a deal during clearance. Most didn't even get that big of a discount. Even a blem PSA kit runs around $600+ all said and done. AR's are cheap because the design is ancient and everyone makes them which drives the price down. All things considered, $1000 for a new design is very cheap. Take the MCX, SG-556, SCAR or other new guns and the CZ looks cheap. Even WASRs go for $600+ now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now now, don't get your knickers in a twist.

I'm just saying AR's are wicked cheap right now and have a lot more machine operations/parts than a plastic-y blowback pistol carbine.

I don't see where the price is coming from on these carbines.

That's all.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#29]
I feel like he's a good advocate for the everyday gun owner, isn't dressed up like a tacticool buffoon for gun review videos. Isn't annoying like nuttin. Most videos are short and to the point.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I feel like he's a good advocate for the everyday gun owner, isn't dressed up like a tacticool buffoon for gun review videos. Isn't annoying like nuttin. Most videos are short and to the point.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Soo glad I didn't buy the pistol now
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:59:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Same.
His videos come off like a Lexus commercial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sorry, nothing personal, but I can't stand this guy's videos.

Same.

That actually makes sense.   He is hip, a lawyer, very fit, black, very atune to current trends in culture, and more than eloquent.    He certainly does not fit the mold of most gun guys on YouTube.  

In spite of all that,   , he does a great job and got into this of his own choice.   After he became a YouTube star, then the NRA became interested in him.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:22:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That actually makes sense.   He is hip, a lawyer, very fit, black, very atune to current trends in culture, and more than eloquent.    He certainly does not fit the mold of most gun guys on YouTube.  

In spite of all that,   , he does a great job and got into this of his own choice.   After he became a YouTube star, then the NRA became interested in him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sorry, nothing personal, but I can't stand this guy's videos.

Same.

Yep.  He needs the voice of nutnfancy to appease these guys.

That's the funniest thing about that turd and the feedback I read here.  All anyone complains about is how drawn-out he is.  By far the worst part about him is his fucking voice.  If his video's were 1 second long, it would still be too long for me to stand.  

That middle aged surfer-virgin mixed voice is apparently the sound of angel trumpets to guys here.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:47:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

To be accurate,  if  SBRed,  it is like a more elegant version of the Glock G17 with the carbine kit, a folding stock, and a suppressor, with subjectively better ergonomics than the carbine kit.      

Ballistic are one thing.   Recovery, speed of (accurate) fire, and accuracy are the difference.   I have a 7" 9mm AR  pistol with a brace, quad rail, light/laser with remote switch,  backup sights, Trijicon Reflex ACOG,  3lug with SilencerCo Octane 45 with 9mm endcap,  3.5 #  short trigger, and set up for a 3 point sling.   I get incredible accuracy, and most people think the thing is full auto when I really get on it.     It is an absolute beast.       For home defense,  it is a tough call.   I have a 8.5" 300 BlackOut set up similar to my 9.   The 9 does have better ammo for HD/SD.    But, the 300 BO is more flexible.   Of course, I have 5.56 carbine too, with a 5.56 specific can.   I have at least a half dozen  Glocks... all in 40, since they can run 9mm too.   I use a handgun if I have to.   (I have  dozens, from 380 to 44 and 45.)   I use an AR of some type whenever possible.  

In short, in the house, to me, a suppressed 9mm SBR or braced  gun is far superior to a traditional handgun.    

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:52:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't price it on the cost of a completely different old gun.   My Ruger 10/22 is much less expensive than my Colt ARs too.

What does a CZ Scorpion EVO 9mm pistol cost?   Add $100-$200 for the stock, forearm, and longer barrel/fake can.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:12:28 AM EDT
[#36]
That thing just looks huge and bulky for a 9mm carbine.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:14:25 AM EDT
[#37]
It's cool, but I don't see the advantage over a braced/SBRd pistol version.

The carbine is rifle sized, losing all the benefits of the easily-concealed pistol/SBR.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:20:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do I need to do to get my 5.56 AR's set up for subsonic and be reliable?   What is some good self defense ammo in subsonic 5.56 ?    I know my suppressed 9mm AR works well with 147 Federal HST ammo.      My suppressed 8.5" 300 BO is nice as it can go either sub or super sonic.   BUT, I know there is more good 9mm subsonic  self defense ammo out there.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:13:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good for them, they'll sell a boatload.  One was just sold, I know that for sure

+1
+1

I think I want one

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:17:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
+1
I think I want one

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for them, they'll sell a boatload.  One was just sold, I know that for sure

+1
+1
I think I want one

It's crazy what happens when you listen to consumers.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:22:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
+1
I think I want one

This could have been HK years ago if they sold their mostly polymer UMP for a reasonable price. Should have set up production in the US and made money instead of doing the over priced USC thing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:31:43 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

First thing that I thought was, "Damn, my wife would actually shoot that rifle" so I will be using that excuse right there with you. I hope that they clean up the pistol hand guard and bring it more in line with the carbine versions.

I really like Colion Noir's videos, they are speaking to a different demographic and to be honest I find a lot of the technical videos that last for 20-30 minutes showing 20 individually filmed shots with a chronograph etc. to be incredibly boring. I want video reviews to be punchy and give me an impression of the gun, I want to see it being shot from different angles so that I can get a sense of how the gun looks and acts in meatspace. When I want technical minutiae I can read about it.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:53:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I like the dude, but don't like his reviews.  Too many analogies, and they seem pretentious to me.  I like his political videos way more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to like his videos but every other sentence is an analogy.  

Interesting about the full carbines

Same here.  He's a good dude overall.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

What do I need to do to get my 5.56 AR's set up for subsonic and be reliable?   What is some good self defense ammo in subsonic 5.56 ?    I know my suppressed 9mm AR works well with 147 Federal HST ammo.      My suppressed 8.5" 300 BO is nice as it can go either sub or super sonic.   BUT, I know there is more good 9mm subsonic  self defense ammo out there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

STOP using facts. He's trying to EDUCATE us rubes, because he knows better than we do. Apparently.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Any more info out on these or is it a wait and see?   Tried googling but nothing came up regarding release.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Any more info out on these or is it a wait and see?   Tried googling but nothing came up regarding release.
View Quote

Yeah I'd like more info, seems like Colion is the only one with any info.like that video was an announcement
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yeah I'd like more info, seems like Colion is the only one with any info.like that video was an announcement
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is interesting because he said he hated the safety and wouldn't be buying one lol.  I don't think he's paid by CZ, but maybe they gave him early access and he had a review that was mostly positive...
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Which is interesting because he said he hated the safety and wouldn't be buying one lol.  I don't think he's paid by CZ, but maybe they gave him early access and he had a review that was mostly positive...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said he wouldn't be buying a carbine only because he already has the pistol, hardly a negative review at all IMO.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Can that stock be put on the 805 Bren or is it just for the Scorpion?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:43:53 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:  What do I need to do to get my 5.56 AR's set up for subsonic and be reliable?   What is some good self defense ammo in subsonic 5.56 ?    I know my suppressed 9mm AR works well with 147 Federal HST ammo.      My suppressed 8.5" 300 BO is nice as it can go either sub or super sonic.   BUT, I know there is more good 9mm subsonic  self defense ammo out there.

View Quote

Can't tell if serious.  

How many threads can you recall that were based on subsonic 5.56?

You're sending a small .22 projective out of a relatively huge shell casing. Everything about 5.56 is against it going subsonic (effectively) .
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top