User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dear God, today I am truely grateful for GD, my site staff, and people like Capnrob who provide me with bountiful entertainment on this day of Thanksgiving.  May Rob be continually blessed as he charges headlong into the valley of the shadow of death and banishment.  Amen.
View Quote

Been here way too long, I will take a bullet for others that think the same way I do.
View Quote

I guess putting all the bullshit aside, why is it you would feel the need to possibly lose your lifer account over something like this? So the site doesn't want anyone advocating the removal of an entire religion (or some variation of that). Is that a hill worth dying on?

There are other places you could go and say those particular things, and no one would care, you don't have to do it here. There are times I feel like saying shit I know would get me in trouble here, so I just don't say it. I can call a friend a vent my frustrations. I enjoy the community too much to get myself thrown out over some derkas.

If your feeling a bit burnt out, why not take a break? Chances are you have some pretty good friends on here, you really ok with a ban?
View Quote

Page 4 says Yep.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#2]
PC Principal is in ur website infiltrating ur modz.

I only have an issue with one site staff, but I don't dredge up drama so whatevs.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure why total  destruction of the enemy is verboten anymore.

We did it in WW2

Destroy them now, or deal with the 'touchy, feely suicide he was always a good boy' crap for another 50 years.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PC Principal is in ur website infiltrating ur modz.

I only have an issue with one site staff, but I don't dredge up drama so whatevs.
View Quote

You're not alone.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Can we list the mods and site staff we don't like in this thread?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Always said I will go out with a bang, Muslims are not it though.
View Quote

If it were Muslims, I'd expect you to go out with a BOOM.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yes. You can do that in any thread.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure, at your own peril

TheBeeKeeper1 for me.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Because some Nazis were bad people doesn't mean they all were. Judging all Nazis on the acts of the extremist Nazi minority is prejudicial, and should be condemned by reasonable men. The vast majority of them were simply peaceful followers and did not condone the actions of the "extremists."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Post 'I agree, there are bad men from the Middle East that follow Islam'

The NBC Brian Williams 'I was there and saw peaceful Muslims' shit gets old.

They are peaceful until a majority, my contention.

Not all Germans were Nazis, but enough were

Because some Nazis were bad people doesn't mean they all were. Judging all Nazis on the acts of the extremist Nazi minority is prejudicial, and should be condemned by reasonable men. The vast majority of them were simply peaceful followers and did not condone the actions of the "extremists."

WTF???  
If you follow an ideal, most likely you will follow lock step with the idea!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh no you di'int
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#12]
There has been a retarded amount of pc sensitivity morality enforcement here lately. I want the old Arf back. Keep Rollin Rob.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I guess putting all the bullshit aside, why is it you would feel the need to possibly lose your lifer account over something like this? So the site doesn't want anyone advocating the removal of an entire religion (or some variation of that). Is that a hill worth dying on?

There are other places you could go and say those particular things, and no one would care, you don't have to do it here. There are times I feel like saying shit I know would get me in trouble here, so I just don't say it. I can call a friend a vent my frustrations. I enjoy the community too much to get myself thrown out over some derkas.

If your feeling a bit burnt out, why not take a break? Chances are you have some pretty good friends on here, you really ok with a ban?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dear God, today I am truely grateful for GD, my site staff, and people like Capnrob who provide me with bountiful entertainment on this day of Thanksgiving.  May Rob be continually blessed as he charges headlong into the valley of the shadow of death and banishment.  Amen.

Been here way too long, I will take a bullet for others that think the same way I do.

I think you just hit the nail on the head with what Capnrob is saying.  Its not about "removal of an entire religion" its about being able to say what's on your mind without running afoul of CoC, edits, locks, timeouts and bans for using your free speech.  Many here would rather he just go to another site to use his free speech instead of flaming everyone here.  Speech that is prohibited because it is unwelcome or unpopular is not free.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There has been a retarded amount of pc sensitivity morality enforcement here lately. I want the old Arf back. Keep Rollin Rob.
View Quote

I don't disagree with this.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

Give me the 2008 GD back please.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thank you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Seems to be some 'everyone is good' feelings from site staff here.

I guess the ar15.com brand got too big to say what you really feel at that level.

Thank God I am not at that level and can say what I really feel until a ban.
View Quote

News and big websites (and most political candidates) have to keep advertisers happy.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thank you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

And Ed Sr. Needs to retire.
Open the pit back up , and let Aimless run it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There isn't free speech here. As far as I know, there never has been.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you just hit the nail on the head with what Capnrob is saying.  Its not about "removal of an entire religion" its about being able to say what's on your mind without running afoul of CoC, edits, locks, timeouts and bans for using your free speech.  Many here would rather he just go to another site to use his free speech instead of flaming everyone here.  Speech that is prohibited because it is unwelcome or unpopular is not free.  YMMV.

We get that, but the line keeps moving left.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Tango7 for me, I didn't care for him as a mod either.

Besides the rest of the staff haven't had a problem with everything said so far but tango has to go do a lot of editing.
View Quote

Eta. Wrong mod, meant Joker.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:48:06 PM EDT
[#22]
this thread reminds me of:

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn, the Internet IS serious business

Get a life you loosers!

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Damn, the Internet IS serious business

Get a life you loosers!

View Quote

Moran!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't expect to have free speech here.  But I also never expected this place to embrace PC bleeding heart pansy attitudes about every little comment that can be remotely construed as being racist.  

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:52:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If I get banned for this thread, start a 'Free canprob97' thread

Otherwise, getting tired of Brian Williams stuff from senior site staff.
View Quote

If you do end up getting banned, could you please yell out "allahu akbar" right before your final post........it would be so ironic!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What did I do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Besides the rest of the staff haven't had a problem with everything said so far but tango has to go do a lot of editing.

What did I do?

Toughen up or you'll get an FU too.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Millennials' fault, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Sorry for your loss, but would Germany carry on for another 12 months changed anything?

We defeated them and Japan, no longer having Germans or Japanese blowing themselves up with suicide vests.
View Quote

It would have killed a lot more dads. And every bomb dropped on a civilians nobody gave a shit about was one less bomb dropped on a machinegunner, or the factory that made the gun or its ammo.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What did I do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did I do?

I had a thread moved to the pit, you jumped on the calling me a rapist bandwagon.
Eta. I'm just getting into the spirit of the thread.
I'm not worried about it , was a few years ago.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go to a movie theater and yell "Fire" and see how well your free speech works out.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If you do end up getting banned, could you please yell out "allahu akbar" right before your final post........it would be so ironic!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bonus points if System Message ends the thread with it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What did I do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did I do?

It's the inherent charm and warmth of your posts.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I have no idea what you're talking about there. I'm going to have to look that one up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did I do?

I had a thread moved to the pit, you jumped on the calling me a rapist bandwagon.
Eta. I'm just getting into the spirit of the thread.
I'm not worried about it , was a few years ago.

I have no idea what you're talking about there. I'm going to have to look that one up.

The April fools joke by the Mil. Members , I think.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

We did it in WW2

Destroy them now, or deal with the 'touchy, feely suicide he was always a good boy' crap for another 50 years.
View Quote

This is a kinder, gentler arfcom. There could be a 100% communist takeover of the federal government and people would be banned for suggesting they need to be shot and dragged out of the Capitol.

If Hillary banned guns, I would fully expect people to be banned for admitting they had them and advocating others to break the law.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did I do?

This too.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This is a kinder, gentler arfcom. There could be a 100% communist takeover of the federal government and people would be banned for suggesting they need to be shot and dragged out of the Capitol.

If Hillary banned guns, I would fully expect people to be banned for admitting they had them and advocating others to break the law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did it in WW2

This is the bullshit that worries you? That if Hillary bans guns then ohs noes your arfcom membership will get a ban? First world problems....
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did it in WW2

Of course they would,

Site staff/mods don't make the rules they just enforce them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#45]
What has capnrob said or done in this thread that would result in his banishment?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What has capnrob said or done in this thread that would result in his banishment?
View Quote

No pics of wife.
Or his fleet of boats.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did it in WW2

We must all follow the rules, comrade. IIRC, the NAZI party outlawed freedom of expression by censoring music, books, art, etc. There can be no dissenting voice standing in the way of our glorious future .....
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top