Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/26/2015 11:55:52 AM EDT
This article is from 2012 when they were estimating 30,000 people infected in the USA.   In a new report that came out last week, the CDC now estimates 300,000 infected in the USA.  So why has this exploding insect spread disease been mostly ignored by the MSM?  Could it be the fact that it's been brought here by the millions of illegal immigrants from South America?  The bugs that spread the disease are now being reported in over 1/2 of the USA.

Chagas Disease, an incurable infection, called the ‘new AIDS of the Americas': report

Is this the disease that killed Charles Darwin?

BY Meghan Neal /

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS/

Updated: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 1:03 PM

Chagas disease is a parasitic infection transmitted by blood-sucking insects, largely in impovershed areas.

Experts have dubbed it the “new AIDS of the Americas.”

A parasitic infection called Chagas Disease has similarities to the early spread of HIV, according to research published recently in the journal PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases.

Like AIDS, Chagas is hard to detect and has a long incubation period before symptoms emerge, the study said, according to the New York Times.

As many as 8 million people are infected in the Western Hemisphere, mainly in Bolivia, Mexico, Colombia and Central America, as well as some 30,000 people in the U.S., the newspaper reported. Chagas infects people in areas of poverty, and most U.S. cases are found in immigrants.

More...

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/incurable-infection-called-new-aids-americas-report-article-1.1086053

Deadly kissing bugs reported in more than half of U.S., spreading Chagas disease

BY Nicole Lyn Pesce   /

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS/

Updated: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 11:58 AM

Here’s another reason to stay in New York this holiday season — the “kissing bug” has now spread to 28 states.

Texas is the latest to report an outbreak of infections from the Latin American triatomine bug after the pest had been spotted in other southern and western states, including Georgia, Alabama and California, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

more...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/deadly-kissing-bugs-reported-u-s-article-1.2446341

CDC now estimates 300,000 infected with Chagas disease in USA

By applying published seroprevalence figures to immigrant populations, CDC estimates that more than 300,000 persons with Trypanosoma cruzi infection live in the United States.

http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/chagas/epi.html

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh wonderful.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Calling it the new AIDS is a pretty Damn big stretch.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#3]
30,000 cases to 300,000 in 3 years... incurable... spread by insect bites...

At the rate it's spreading there could be 3,000,000 cases in the USA.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The occupier-in-chief of the Whine Haus is trying to kill us all.  It'll come full circle if his daughters catch it (not wishing it on them).
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#5]
What does this disease do to you?

Cmon OP!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:05:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It's the incurable part. And the long dormant incubation period. These are top men telling you this. Top. Men.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The occupier-in-chief of the Whine Haus is trying to kill us all.  
View Quote

Thanks Obama.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#8]
great
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#10]
There was a news segment out of one of the Charlotte stations yesterday about the 'Kissing Bugs' and
a resident that believes he found one, sent off to the CDC. Thing is, I was on treadmill, closed captioned
news segment, so I couldn't get all the details. Was a NASTY LOOKING FUCKING BUG THOUGH!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#11]
What does the chagas bug look like?... So I Can be on the look out!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Nothing a good application of DDT can't fix.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

AIDS was similarly discounted as only the "gay disease" when it first arrived on our shores 20 years ago as well.

So, while I won't panic, I will not slight this information either.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#14]

This sounds wonderful
The good news? To actually pass on the disease, the bug not only needs
to bite you, but then defecate into the gash. If left untreated, up to
30% of bite victims will develop chronic conditions such as difficulty
breathing, heart and intestinal complications, and, in extreme cases,
death.
I know poop thread

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This sounds wonderful

The good news? To actually pass on the disease, the bug not only needs to bite you, but then defecate into the gash. If left untreated, up to 30% of bite victims will develop chronic conditions such as difficulty breathing, heart and intestinal complications, and, in extreme cases, death.

I know poop thread

View Quote

Oh lawd jesus! The end times bug!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Just importing third world shithole disease that we don't have.

Being relatively safe from shithole diseases is racist
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here you are.......

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Noooo, beat me by a minute
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here you are.......

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTojr6fSSUVoS60hIwh3rQB1Z8cV1aME0ZncrniThVqSmNpYCO0

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-2lJYGtfXKwQ/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/e7HJzeltPhM/s0-c-k-no-ns/photo.jpg

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The occupier-in-chief of the Whine Haus is trying to kill us all.  It'll come full circle if his daughters catch it (not wishing it on them).
View Quote

I am. Sorry, but if he's willing to put American families at risk, then there should be no reason why his family shouldn't be directly impacted by his stupid f'n policies. Perhaps it will wake the asshole up. Probably not though
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I am. Sorry, but if he's willing to put American families at risk, then there should be no reason why his family shouldn't be directly impacted by his stupid f'n policies. Perhaps it will wake the asshole up. Probably not though
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep in mind and don't forget, Barack Obama, President of the United States, voted in twice by idiots of this Nation deplores American Exceptionalism.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#23]
The irony of parasitic bugs brought in by parasitic humans isn't lost on me.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#24]
It's legit.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs340/en/

Plenty of other sources back up the OP's post.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Ohhh Goodie!!!  

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#26]
San Diego news is reporting on it:   http://www.10news.com/news/kissing-bug-can-lead-to-dangerous-parasite-infection-while-you-sleep-112515

Chagas disease, which can cause long-term cardiac damage, is mainly
found in rural Central and South America, but some experts are concerned
that cases are beginning to rise in southern U.S. states. Infections
have been reported in Arkansas, Arizona, California, Massachusetts,
Tennessee and Texas, according to the CDC.

The
disease is caused by the Trypanosoma cruzi parasite and is spread
almost exclusively through bites from the triatomine insect, also called
the "kissing bug," since it usually bites around the eyes and mouth,
usually when they come out to feed at night. In rural Central and South
America, the bugs are often found in the walls of homes made from mud,
adobe or straw. The insect has also been found in other U.S. states but
that does not necessarily mean the bugs carry the parasite, experts
said.

Once in the body, the parasite can remain hidden for years,
or even decades, eventually resulting in serious heart disease,
including stretching of the heart muscle called cardiomyopathy or
irregular heartbeat. Other early acute symptoms include fever, fatigue,
body aches, headache and rash.

While the disease can lead to
serious complications, the vast majority of those infected will likely
not show any symptoms, according to the CDC, which estimated that
300,000 people with Chagas disease live in the United States. A
spokeswoman for the CDC said the agency does not have data on how many
people are infected within the U.S. versus those infected before they
arrive.

More at link

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#27]
great.

another thing for me to be paranoid and racist about.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Read about the method of transmission. Oh! The irony!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

AIDS was similarly discounted as only the "gay disease" when it first arrived on our shores 20 years ago as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

20 years ?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Is this gonna be worse than Ebola in the US? Because I can't believe we overcame that horrible tragedy!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Chagas disease, also known as American trypanosomiasis, is a potentially life-threatening illness caused by the protozoan parasite Trypanosoma cruzi (T. cruzi). It is found mainly in endemic areas of 21 Latin American countries , where it is mostly vector-borne transmitted to humans by contact with faeces of triatomine bugs, known as 'kissing bugs', among other names, depending on the geographical area.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#32]
If Chagas is caught during the early infection, the parasite can be killed.  Therefore it is curable.  Just know what to look for in the symptoms.  Only when it gets to chronic stage is it incurable.  

• Swelling at the infection site

• Fever

• Fatigue

• Rash

• Body aches

• Eyelid swelling

• Headache

• Loss of appetite

• Nausea, diarrhea or vomiting

• Swollen glands

• Enlargement of your liver or spleen

Or similar to Mono.  So if you suspect Mono, get tested for Chagas.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Illegal immigration, what could possibly go wrong?

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Oh wonderful.
View Quote

Its FSA in poverty. arf should be ok with it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#35]
I blame Charlie Sheen, his pre-op tranny prostitutes, and Obama of course.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It still is mostly a gay disease, and a ghetto disease.

Can you get AIDs from insect bites?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:29:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Chagas is a Latin American disease spread by immigrants.  It has a long incubation period and its tough to detect.

Some signs you may have been infected:  during your lunch break at work you sit in your car with your buddies and drink 24oz Bud tall boys.  You sell your car and buy a Ford F-150.  You put a big sticker in the back window of your F-150 that says "DURANGO" or "CHIHUAHUA" in Old English script.  Then you add a Virgin of Guadalupe sticker.  Your wife starts selling homemade tamales outside of the Southwest Supermercado.  Your favorite TV channel is Univision.  You buy Wrangler jeans...  they're red.  You tuck them into your boots.  You wear them with pearl snap-button shirts.

If you have two or more of those indicators....  consult a physician. (You'll probably just hit the ER).
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Insect borne disease is one of the reasons I try not to complain too much about winter.

Ole man winter kills a metric shit ton of these pests and keeps them under control, without which we would have all sorts of "interesting" diseases found mainly in the tropics.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Chagas is a Latin American disease spread by immigrants.  It has a long incubation period and its tough to detect.

Some signs you may have been infected:  during your lunch break at work you sit in your car with your buddies and drink 24oz Bud tall boys.  You sell your car and buy a Ford F-150.  You put a big sticker in the back window of your F-150 that says "DURANGO" or "CHIHUAHUA" in Old English script.  Then you add a Virgin of Guadalupe sticker.  Your wife starts selling homemade tamales outside of the Southwest Supermercado.  Your favorite TV channel is Univision.  You buy Wrangler jeans...  they're red.  You tuck them into your boots.  You wear them with pearl snap-button shirts.

If you have two or more of those indicators....  consult a physician. (You'll probably just hit the ER).
View Quote

Don't forget you also replace the factory grips on your 1911 with cheesy and stupid looking "skull" or "grim reaper" designs.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Mexican bugs spreading disease American bugs won't?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#41]
In the spring I was told by the Red Cross I tested positive for Chagas. They said to not donate blood anymore. I received a ton of paperwork in the mail telling all about the disease. They said I likely tested false-positive and the FDA doesn't allow donations after that.

Red Cross said call back in one year to see if I could give blood.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Stop screwing those insects, problem is solved, no?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

In the spring I was told by the Red Cross I tested positive for Chagas. They said to not donate blood anymore. I received a ton of paperwork in the mail telling all about the disease. They said I likely tested false-positive and the FDA doesn't allow donations after that.

Red Cross said call back in one year to see if I could give blood.
View Quote

Yikes!  What a gut punch.  Hope it was a false positive!

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's the incurable part. And the long dormant incubation period. These are top men telling you this. Top. Men.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:27:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Insect borne disease is one of the reasons I try not to complain too much about winter.

Ole man winter kills a metric shit ton of these pests and keeps them under control, without which we would have all sorts of "interesting" diseases found mainly in the tropics.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:37:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:05:15 AM EDT
[#47]
What's the point of all these different bugs?  Why do we need all of them?  I mean,  come on seriously.  Thanks Jebus!!!1
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:10:25 AM EDT
[#48]
If you like your infection you can keep your infection.

Also people seem to forget all the people coming in here daily with drug resistant TB. That shit isn't going away soon.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:17:58 AM EDT
[#49]
The_Patriot thread.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:46:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Incurable diseases which cause heart failure 10 years later are nothing to scoff at.

Entire apartment complexes have become infested with the blood sucking bastards which spread this disease. It's not the end of the world yet, but it's worthy of note.

Pesticides. Use them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top