Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#1]
My mother was one of 16 children born to my very German grandparents.

Names included:

Celestine
Constatine
Cyrilla
Beatrice
Velma

I had a great uncle name Fidelis.

These were names from early in the 20th century.  These people were all born in Kansas.

Other family names were Sophia, Solomon, and Marion.

Knew a kid named Brick Wall.  Knew of a guy named Fairfax Ferguson Arnold IV.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Two sons:  Walker and Texas Ranger.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who gives a shit what other people name their kids?

Its such a travesty that language evolves over time and people are scared and angry because they aren't used to the 20 names they associate with their generation.

Have you heard some grandparents and great grandparents names? Cleatus, Edna, Opha, Albert, Barney, Gus, Gertrude, Mildred.

You walk up to the hottest girl in the bar, make playful banter, you are unable to hear her name so you get her name and number on a napkin or she sends it to your phone. It says "Winifred 555-555-5555". I guarantee for a moment your going to second guess yourself whether or not should smash or not.  
View Quote

Does she look like Winnie Cooper? Because that's my fetish.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:27:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In line at Bass Pro last night and the family behind us named their daughter "Starla".

View Quote

She will some day be referred to as some ones "special lady."

Eta, goddamn auto correct.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

snip
View Quote

I guess we found the guy who gave his kids oddly spelled names.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Is that a rhetorical question?

Because the answer is: OP.

I find stupidity in all forms offensive.

I thought that being offended was the worst thing that can happen in today's America.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its such a travesty that language evolves over time and people are scared and angry because they aren't used to the 20 names they associate with their generation.

Have you heard some grandparents and great grandparents names? Cleatus, Edna, Opha, Albert, Barney, Gus, Gertrude, Mildred.

You walk up to the hottest girl in the bar, make playful banter, you are unable to hear her name so you get her name and number on a napkin or she sends it to your phone. It says "Winifred 555-555-5555". I guarantee for a moment your going to second guess yourself.  

Is that a rhetorical question?

Because the answer is: OP.

I find stupidity in all forms offensive.

I thought that being offended was the worst thing that can happen in today's America.

So its stupid because they didn't name their kids up to your standard of the usual names of your generation? Oh god, what people name their kids will be the downfall of society.

Edna-"Lets name our son Josh."
Harvey-"No one uses that name, that sounds great. It is short for Joshua."
1920 primuspilum-"That is such a stupid name. You should name him Elmer."
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Amongst the young kids I know we have a
Bailey
Logan
Kyrie
Colin
Maxine
Michaela
Tyler
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Jeb
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Brittany
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:40:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
+1, this thread has yet to produce and equal to the thread title.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is none. I don't know where they come up with this shit. Toss scrabble letters in a pile and mystery draw?

Fkn ridiculous

Yep, nothing too terrible so far.

The closest I have is when a friend of the wife's wanted to name their daughter Cheyenne or Montana. I broke out laughing and said, "Wow, guaranteeing she's going to be a stripper, huh?"

Wife was not amused.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is none. I don't know where they come up with this shit. Toss scrabble letters in a pile and mystery draw?
Fkn ridiculous

Ayup.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Jaxon, any car name, Tabor? wtf is a Tabor? Banjo, Apple, Blanket and any of the "dens".

Any of the stupid spellings, if my mom had named me Jym I'd murder her.

If by some miracle I have a child I am going to name him Retardo Montalban.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I issued all my children names that utilize a series of tactical, modular, and adaptive name components that can be cross matched and user indexed to suit a variety of mission requirements in both permissive and non-permissive childhood functional environments as part of a family operational team in the full spectrum of white middle-class activity.

Modular, tactical and mission-specific adaptivity are the future of naming.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:47:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Once knew a little girl named Gravity.

I never met her parents, but suspect they might have been a bit different.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#17]
This.
Quoted:
Dalton
Cole

Kranston
Jackson
Forest
Sierra
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Dalton
Cole

Kranston
Jackson
Forest
Sierra

Plus this

Quoted:
Naming with the intention of using their middle name and ignoring the first.

My younger sister named her sons Saylor and Southern.

Is me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

These and Dalton and Cody.

Every time I hear those two names I picture two blond kids with bowl cuts in their soccer uniforms even through it's not game day.  Their mother is the type that has those little family stickers on the back of the mini van, the hover-mom that will make sure see two bowl-cut she-boys will grow up emasculated, shells of men but with really good grade point averages,  she's the type that makes the family take beach photos wearing all white.  Dad should have known what he was marrying but alas, he overlooked her "quirks" because, well, guys are stupid when it comes to the vajajay.  He stays at work at least two hours late and goes in at least an hour early so he can drink from the bottle in the bottom desk drawer.  Yes this extra time at work allowed him to become partner but that just raises the work expectations laid upon this sad, functioning alcoholic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aiden, Jayden, Kayden, Brayden, Greyden, Hayden, any form of "aiden".

And last names as first names.

Every time I hear those two names I picture two blond kids with bowl cuts in their soccer uniforms even through it's not game day.  Their mother is the type that has those little family stickers on the back of the mini van, the hover-mom that will make sure see two bowl-cut she-boys will grow up emasculated, shells of men but with really good grade point averages,  she's the type that makes the family take beach photos wearing all white.  Dad should have known what he was marrying but alas, he overlooked her "quirks" because, well, guys are stupid when it comes to the vajajay.  He stays at work at least two hours late and goes in at least an hour early so he can drink from the bottle in the bottom desk drawer.  Yes this extra time at work allowed him to become partner but that just raises the work expectations laid upon this sad, functioning alcoholic.

Damn, that was specific...  
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My grand daughter is Avery Madison. My daughter liked the combination.

My son is Geoffrey Ryan, he was named after Geoffrey DeHavilland and T Claude Ryan. Both very important, pre WWII aircraft designers. We wanted to give him a name that meant something.
View Quote

Meant something to whom?

Just curious.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#20]
The last name as first name thing is also a longstanding blue blood tradition.  The child's middle name is the last name of the mother, and the first name is typically written as an initial only, such as R. Drew Wentworth.  The practice predates hyphenation.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Mercedes
Bentley

Cleatus
Billy Bob
Mary Jo

Crystal
Emerald
Sapphire

Sierra
Colton
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm in the medical field in Oklahoma, so I have heard or seen on paper every white trash female name possible.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Jackson, Madison, Taylor, etc.

If you give your kid a last name that connects to nothing in your family history, it makes no sense.  You're not naming a dog.

Name the CEO, not the toddler:  George, James, Thomas, Charles, Edward, William, etc.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#24]
none of these kids will be getting any  key chains, license plates or other named swag from Uncle Smalltownguy1's vast travels.......Cuz they cant spell their names
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Was helping with children's ministry at church. Parents dropped off their 2yo boy. Name tag said "Declen." I said "hey Declen!", like you would assume it's pronounced. Mom looks at me and said, "it's actually Deeclen." I think I actually physically shook my head.

In the group of 7 2-3yo kids I was helping with in class, we had Cyrus, Declen, Ayashyla and Abigayl (twins), Ross, Wexton, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand..........
Sam. That kid became my buddy.

The amount of Aidens, Jacksons, Coltons, Noahs, Kaidens is staggering.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Jay Dee.  The road grader turned cook at Mudslinger's (aka Gunslinger's) at Whittington Center has that name.  He's no cook.  All the food is pre-cooked and only needs to be warmed.  It's like eating at a school cafeteria.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A friend of mine has a ten year old son named Tristen. How much more gay can you get ?
As for the last name thing, Madison is popular around here because of James Madison and the county of Madison. Many Girls named Maddie or Maddy. Also Schuyler, named after the town where "The Waltons" tv show takes place, although some will spell it Skylar. Sissy Spacek, who has lived here for many years, named her daughter Schuyler. She was in the movie Orange County, with Jack Black.
View Quote

Tristen is Germanic, as in the Wagnerian opera, Tristen und Isolde.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Jackson is not a first name
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#29]
My sons name is Sergeant Major Urbanus. I was going for the whole Primus Pilus thing.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I wonder how many in GD named their boy Archer?

For me it's Kyle for boys. Every Kyle I've known grew-up to be pretty much of a jerk in one form or another.
View Quote

I see your Kyle and raise you...

Kyler
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Cleetus
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Colt
Dakota

Cheyenne

Sierra

Stop naming your kids after guns and trucks.  We end up with douchebags named Colt Ford.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#33]
D nice
O Shag Hennesy
B La Ka
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Second post knocked it out of the park.

The weirdest one I know without calling out family is a classmate who went with "Kaydance" for her daughter.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Those two boys grow up to want to work in an office instead of learning skilled trades. You've basically described where "men" that like to "work" in offices come from.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those two boys grow up to want to work in an office instead of learning skilled trades. You've basically described where "men" that like to "work" in offices come from.

But I work in an office.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#36]
My son's first name is Ian, second name is Gadsden
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

D nice

O Shag Hennesy

B La Ka
View Quote
Buh Lockay
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Dallas

Porsche

Sierra

Mercedes

Basically, all stripper names.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Topher
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#40]
My kids names are Brendan and Trinity.
Easy to establish gender by name only. Sons name has his ancestral heritage invoked. Daughters name also has religious significance. Also unique in that they are the only ones in their school with those names. Lots of Brandons, not many Brendans. Almost no other Trinitys.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

A girl at work named her son Brantley also.

I told her she has just limited his future job prospects to either a butler of chauffeur.

She wasn't amused.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My sister named my nephew Brantley. I wanted to choke her.

A girl at work named her son Brantley also.

I told her she has just limited his future job prospects to either a butler of chauffeur.

She wasn't amused.

Relative just did this too, that name is dumb
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#42]

Bad, but not just as bad.

as others have said.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#43]
If I have kids, which I doubt, a son would be named Frank Britton W

My paternal grandfather and uncle's first name and maternal grandfather and uncle's middle name.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#44]
One of my kids names have been mentioned, the other is so rare that it hasn't.

Haters gonna hate!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Moon Unit.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I wonder how many in GD named their boy Archer?

For me it's Kyle for boys. Every Kyle I've known grew-up to be pretty much of a jerk in one form or another.
View Quote

That is definitely true in my experience.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

A friend of mine has a ten year old son named Tristen. How much more gay can you get ?

As for the last name thing, Madison is popular around here because of James Madison and the county of Madison. Many Girls named Maddie or Maddy. Also Schuyler, named after the town where "The Waltons" tv show takes place, although some will spell it Skylar. Sissy Spacek, who has lived here for many years, named her daughter Schuyler. She was in the movie Orange County, with Jack Black.
View Quote

My wife likes the pretty boy names. Tristen, Devlin. I said hell no...
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Took my 5 year old to a birthday party in our whitey mcwhitebread neighborhood.  

There were about 20 kids there, and about 15 of the 20 had weird names.  Wren, Avery, Luna, etc.

Every kid is a vanity project that must be brand named accordingly.
Your least favorites?

I dislike the trend of using last names as first names: Madison, for example.

Also irksome are the obscure Celtic names.

It's just as bad as the goofy ghetto Africa names.  Just the white version.

Yeah, I realize I could MYOB, but I bang the gavel in judgment in all things.  It's what I do.

View Quote
I have one of the most obscure Celtic names ever, I've had it for 50 years now. Never thought of my parents as Ghetto til Op posted this.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

My wife likes the pretty boy names. Tristen, Devlin. I said hell no...

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Jaxon, any car name, Tabor? wtf is a Tabor? Banjo, Apple, Blanket and any of the "dens".

Any of the stupid spellings, if my mom had named me Jym I'd murder her.

If by some miracle I have a child I am going to name him Retardo Montalban.

View Quote

Ha. When ever my son does something dumb, I call him Retardo Montalbon.
His name is Mason.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top