BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cool, I forgot there's a city named Batman.
View Quote

Is it actually a city or is that just the current location of Batman?

Hmmm...
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Russia is doing what it can to avoid WW III.  Turkey keeps poking Medved in the eye, presumably with 0's approving nod.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When/where have the s-400s been effectively deployed? Do they have any confirmed kills?

Who wants to be the first?  Depending on what turkey does next we might see what it can do. They were all piss and vinegar 24 hours ago.

Erdogan just doubled down on stupid today.

(CNN)Turkey will not apologize for downing a Russian fighter jet it says violated Turkish airspace near the Syrian border, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said in an exclusive CNN interview Thursday in Ankara, the Turkish capital.

"I think if there is a party that needs to apologize, it is not us," he said. "Those who violated our airspace are the ones who need to apologize. Our pilots and our armed forces, they simply fulfilled their duties, which consisted of responding to ... violations of the rules of engagement. I think this is the essence."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/26/middleeast/syria-turkey-russia-warplane-shot-down/

Having known quite a few personally, I believe that Turks are all about bombast, but with balls of aluminum foil when push comes to shove.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Russia is doing what it can to avoid WW III.  Turkey keeps poking Medved in the eye, presumably with 0's approving nod.
View Quote

Russia is gearing up to refight the Crimean War, without Britain and an emasculated CiC in the US
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
lol. I've been rooting for Russian since this whole shit show started. I don't see that changing anytime in the near future.

Plus, I like their dictator more than our dictator. Their dictator is working to make his country stronger. Our dictator is a Marxist atheist who, though no believer in "allah," is a fanatical adherent of islam as a political force. The most dangerous enemy to me and my kind is in the White House, not the Kremlin.

If, 30 years ago, you had told me I would say something like that I would have laughed in your face. Times change...with startling rapidity.
View Quote

Heh. Better dead than red conservative go full circle....
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]
here's my thought on what will eventually happen.

Since Russia is actually the only country that has permission from the Syrian gov't to fly over Syrian airspace, they will declare that ALL nations (except Russia) are no longer allowed to fly over Syrian airspace and will threaten to shoot down any plane that violates it.   Just where I'm thinking this is heading.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Civilian aircraft are at risk, the Russians like hitting them too.
View Quote

About as much as Merica loves hospitals and wedding parties.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Both Aircrew from the Russian bomber escaped - but the Co-pilot was killed while still aloft in his parachute by Rebel ground fire...that would have sucked after having escaped a burning bomber.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
lol. I've been rooting for Russia since this whole shit show started. I don't see that changing anytime in the near future...
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
lol. I've been rooting for Russian since this whole shit show started. I don't see that changing anytime in the near future.

Plus, I like their dictator more than our dictator. Their dictator is working to make his country stronger. Our dictator is a Marxist atheist who, though no believer in "allah," is a fanatical adherent of islam as a political force. The most dangerous enemy to me and my kind is in the White House, not the Kremlin.

If, 30 years ago, you had told me I would say something like that I would have laughed in your face. Times change...with startling rapidity.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Erdogan: We’ll continue shooting down violating planes

Turkey will open fire on foreign planes violating Turkish
airspace in the future, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned amid a
diplomatic crisis caused by the downing of a Russian warplane by the
Turkish Air Force.

"If another violation of our aerial border happens, we can respond in the same way,” he said. "The plane was shot down within the rules of engagement announced earlier.”

"We still haven't heard any apologies from the leadership of Turkey,
nor have we heard any proposal to compensate damages or to hold those
responsible for this heinous crimes to account,"
said Vladimir Putin during an official address in Moscow.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Since Russia is actually the only country that has permission from the Syrian gov't to fly over Syrian airspace, they will declare that ALL nations (except Russia) are no longer allowed to fly over Syrian airspace and will threaten to shoot down any plane that violates it.   Just where I'm thinking this is heading.
View Quote

A strike on the SAM sights ought to fix that problem.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and at that point the med turns into a shooting gallery.  if the gutless wonder in the white house had any sense he would be telling turkey to chill. Assuming the west actually wants to hit ISIS then our interests and russias align in that respect. the only point of contention is we want Assad out and in the grand scheme of things that's retarded considering the other problems going on over there.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem? ISIS/Muzzies are the fuckin problem, not the Russians. Why would you want us to help ISIS (more than we already are)?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And all out war with Russia. Suicidal for both countries.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
- Russian
- "highly advanced"

Pick one.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

It was an SU-24. Capable enough for the role it was in.

Pretty good writeup on what happened HERE

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Aren't you concerned about getting pulled into a war with Russia?  Turkey is a NATO ally.  

If we don't join in, it would show that NATO is a toothless wonder, and possibly embolden Putin.  Say goodbye to cheap oil...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a feeling a few Turkish F-16's are about to get a SAM in their pooper

I hope so, it's not like they don't continually violate Syrian and Iraqi airspace.  What is good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Aren't you concerned about getting pulled into a war with Russia?  Turkey is a NATO ally.  

If we don't join in, it would show that NATO is a toothless wonder, and possibly embolden Putin.  Say goodbye to cheap oil...

Fuck turkey, If the oil prices go up, fracking will increase here. More nice paying jobs for Americans
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats the the range on the p-800's? 600 Kms? I bet a bunch of those flying around the med would be a bitching good time for every one out there. How about we  just tell turkey to put its dick away and get back to the business of dropping HE on snackbars,.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Whats the the range on the p-800's? 600 Kms? I bet a bunch of those flying around the med would be a bitching good time for every one out there. How about we  just tell turkey to put its dick away and get back to the business of dropping HE on snackbars,.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you forgetting that Erdogan is a snackbar?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, Russia couldn't project anything of significance into Turkey and vice versa.

An airstrike here, some arms given to militants, there, maybe an embargo.  It might get cold for Turkey this winter if Russia shuts off the gas, but Russia is cash strapped.  It hurt Russia just as much.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
From what has been said here, any nation that doesn't have a capable air force puts its very best people into air defense, and buys the best IADS they  

can.  I'm genuinely curious as to what type of target that missile can intercept at 250 miles.  Is 250 combined range of the missile and a closing target?

What altitude can it make interception?  What type of energy does it retain?  Even if it flies Mach 5, that is four minutes of flight, and an aircraft can

do some funny things in four minutes provided it has early warning.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dailymail Article better info

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/25/19/2ECD4ED500000578-3333777-image-a-16_1448481572696.jpg

The highly advanced S-400 anti-aircraft system Russia has deployed to Latakia offers a massive 250mile wide strike range - allowing it to target a vast swathe of the Middle East (illustrated)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/25/19/2ECEBD4400000578-3333777-image-a-1_1448481386052.jpg
Tensions: Russia's S-400 anti-aircraft systems (pictured) are highly advanced and capable of striking jets travelling up to 250miles away

Doesn't Russia put their best people into air defense?  That's what's always been posted here.

From what has been said here, any nation that doesn't have a capable air force puts its very best people into air defense, and buys the best IADS they  

can.  I'm genuinely curious as to what type of target that missile can intercept at 250 miles.  Is 250 combined range of the missile and a closing target?

What altitude can it make interception?  What type of energy does it retain?  Even if it flies Mach 5, that is four minutes of flight, and an aircraft can

do some funny things in four minutes provided it has early warning.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I hope so, it's not like they don't continually violate Syrian and Iraqi airspace.  What is good for the goose, is good for the gander.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many American fighters would you like to see shot down for violating Syria's air space?

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im not suggesting an all out war on Muslims. . Just the jihadis. If Erdogan wishes to get in the ring and back his buddies in ISIS well then so be it. I think its pretty clear where that guys loyalties are.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How many American fighters would you like to see shot down for violating Syria's air space?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's take a ride back on the reality train...Russia isn't going to be firing on any US aircraft.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I wonder if airlines will skirt that area before a civilian airliner is shot down.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to a lot of GD violating airspace is good enough to get shot down over so why dont you go ask them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why do I hope that Russia curb stomps Turkey?
View Quote

Because Erdogan is a Muslim Brotherhood/ ISIS enabler? That Obama is doing backdoor shit to keep ISIS safe using Erdogan as a proxy?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I wonder if airlines will skirt that area before a civilian airliner is shot down.
View Quote

wouldn't you?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#31]
There will be no escalation.  There will be chest thumping, and countries taking pot shots at each other, but nothing more.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Let's take a ride back on the reality train...Russia isn't going to be firing on any US aircraft.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Russia shot down American aircraft during the cold war, with Putin running things who knows what they will do.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#34]
This is an interesting slant on the stated path of the Russian plane.  The blue version is the path that Turkey claims was taken.  It looks like an X-A-Sketch map

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Im not suggesting an all out war on Muslims. . Just the jihadis. If Erdogan wishes to get in the ring and back his buddies in ISIS well then so be it. I think its pretty clear where that guys loyalties are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As weak as NATO is, Turkey should be bumped out.  Do we even still have any Airbases there? Incirlik still open?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

None, it is time we left them to it. We are not doing a whole lot anyway under Obama's policy.  We could have absolutely devastated ISIS from the air by now if we wanted to.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well, Ezekiel looks to be pretty much spot on by some accounts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like they can reach Tel Megiddo from there.

Well, Ezekiel looks to be pretty much spot on by some accounts.

I truly feel we will get to see Bible prophecy fulfilled from Ezekiel 38 & 39....even Putin is called by name in 38:5.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is an interesting slant on the stated path of the Russian plane.  The blue version is the path that Turkey claims was taken.  It looks like an X-A-Sketch map

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/6976422-3x2-700x467.jpg
View Quote

wonder what was the flight path of the Turkish planes.  It is such a narrow piece of land that the Russians supposedly crossed.  How can the Turkish planes possibly maneuver and chase and shoot down the russian planes without going over the border to syria itself?  If the Turkish planes had an intercept course and heading at the Russian planes, they had to have crossed over to syria themselves.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

I have a feeling a few Russian SAMs are about to get some Turkish F-16 missiles in their pooper
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

Not sure if serious...
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Looks like they can reach Tel Megiddo from there.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Russia shot down American aircraft during the cold war, with Putin running things who knows what they will do.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apples and Oranges.

Russia has no meaningful way to project force.  Blockading a few ports come spring and Russia's already depressed economy crumbles.  

Hell, keep oil prices where they are at for another year and Russia crumbles.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I have a feeling a few Russian SAMs are about to get some Turkish F-16 missiles in their pooper

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In a legal sense the Turkish F-16 have no more right to enter Syrian airspace than the Russian plane did entering Turk airspace, so if the Russians down a couple of Turk F-16's over Syrian airspace is it a good shoot?

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#44]
And might I add, fuck Putin, and fuck Putin lovers.

He thought he was the big bad kid on the block and got bitch slapped. Oh to the motherfucking well.

Russia isn't shit outside of it's nuclear forces. Any real military would smack them around the block and back again - if you think otherwise you're a fool.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Called it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With what? The S400 can engage and dispatch the F16 before it even gets into range.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Looks like they got a Pantsir S1 air defense missile gun system in place (1:30).

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

In a legal sense the Turkish F-16 have no more right to enter Syrian airspace than the Russian plane did entering Turk airspace, so if the Russians down a couple of Turk F-16's over Syrian airspace is it a good shoot?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apples to Oranges. Russians have no rights to fly fighters into Turkey, just like Turkey would have no rights to fly into Russia. Syria on the other hand is different.

All sides can do whatever they want in Syria. That's the problem... No single entity controls the air or ground. Think of it like the thunderdome and it will be easier for you...

If Russia shoots down Turk F-16s over Syria, then so be it.

If Turkey blows up Russian SAMs in Syria, then so be it.

It's just how it works in the arena.

Small games right now, but if Russia keeps playing around and bowing up it will get fucking smacked. The big boys are in the arena now.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
And might I add, fuck Putin, and fuck Putin lovers.

He thought he was the big bad kid on the block and got bitch slapped. Oh to the motherfucking well.

Russia isn't shit outside of it's nuclear forces. Any real military would smack them around the block and back again - if you think otherwise you're a fool.
View Quote

I agree, Putin lovers suck.  The only thing worse is Erdogan lovers.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

wonder what was the flight path of the Turkish planes.  It is such a narrow piece of land that the Russians supposedly crossed.  How can the Turkish planes possibly maneuver and chase and shoot down the russian planes without going over the border to syria itself?  If the Turkish planes had an intercept course and heading at the Russian planes, they had to have crossed over to syria themselves.
View Quote

This is the question the TV experts aren't answering.

I'm sure our military has better radar tracking of what actually happened that won't ever be released. The Turks have always been turds and we have put up with the shenanigans they pull for years just to keep access to Incirlik AB it has only gotten worse since the MB took over Turkish Govt.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top