Page / 19
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:50:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to borrow mine if they need it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:09:08 AM EDT
[#3]
with all the blm stuff going down...im good sitting back, hanging out...no rush to deal with rioters, with no riot gear

in the words of arfcom, just don't invite the man in your life
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:13:03 AM EDT
[#4]
What capability did these armored vehicles give police that they couldn't do with what they had before?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:13:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Need to remove them cargo pockets too.

Nothing more intimidating than a cop with cargo pockets.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:16:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They took the one and only armored SWAT vehicle from my local sheriffs office. So the sheriff said they were going to use local funds to buy one instead. $360,000

Lot of good that did, Obama.
View Quote

Yeah; so...you take a military vehicle which we're either going to destroy---or give to the government of fucking Mexico; or give it to local law enforcement.
Something that's already been paid for by taxpayer dollars, can't mount weapons, and provides safety for officers and citizens.

Or...

We can pay $300,000. for an armored vehicles from local/state tax dollars.  Yeah....easy choice there.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I find it interesting that politicians, individuals in media, and other assorted individuals with no applicable skills, knowledge, training or experience in this field of study feels that they should be able to dictate law enforcement policy/sops/usage of tools.  Simple fact of the matter is armored vehicles, 'grenade launchers (Which shoots non-lethal bean bag rounds, tear gas, etc.) and other big bad scary military equipment makes the job law enforcement has to do  easier and safer for all involved. (Suspects and law enforcement officers alike).

Removing non-lethal tools and armor capability only increases the risk that LEO's get hurt/killed and drastically increases the risk that the suspect gets killed. They aren't gonna just say F it, arresting this violent criminal is too dangerous, lets let him walk. They are gonna be forced to 'wing it' to get the job done. Because make no mistake about it. They are removing 'scary' non-lethal tools... Tools which lower the potential of a situation becoming fatal.

I know a lot of GD is extremely anti police and many cry against the militarization of police and police having these tools... But it begs the question, if police are given armored vehicles and tools on the Fed. dime (stuff that is already in existence anyways) and it can save just 1 life, whether that's a LEO's life or even the suspects life... Isn't it worth it to allow those tools to be used?  Apparently the general consensus is people would rather LEO's go into a situation under prepared and under equipped... Even if that means its more likely people get hurt/die.

Would you remove tools from a surgeon? A mechanic? A pilot? A firefighter? A EMT? Probably not. Because you don't want to lower their chances of success and increase the risk of death/injury... So why the hell do people feel the need to remove tools from law enforcement.
View Quote

The vast majority of GD is functionally retarded.  Don't forget that much.  They understand as much about public safety, police use of force, and law---as much as they do about quantum physics.  Next to fucking nothing.
Trying to use reason or logic with them, will likely only upset you...and do nothing more than vibrate the Cheeto-dust from their bellies as they scream at the monitor from the relative safety of their elderly parents' basement.  

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:30:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wonder if hat includes the EoTechs?

View Quote

His rifle is backwards.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:32:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
.gov giveth, .gov taketh away.
View Quote

Its almost as if there's a lesson here....
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:41:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The vast majority of GD is functionally retarded.  Don't forget that much.  They understand as much about public safety, police use of force, and law---as much as they do about quantum physics.  Next to fucking nothing.
Trying to use reason or logic with them, will likely only upset you...and do nothing more than vibrate the Cheeto-dust from their bellies as they scream at the monitor from the relative safety of their elderly parents' basement.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find it interesting that politicians, individuals in media, and other assorted individuals with no applicable skills, knowledge, training or experience in this field of study feels that they should be able to dictate law enforcement policy/sops/usage of tools.  Simple fact of the matter is armored vehicles, 'grenade launchers (Which shoots non-lethal bean bag rounds, tear gas, etc.) and other big bad scary military equipment makes the job law enforcement has to do  easier and safer for all involved. (Suspects and law enforcement officers alike).

Removing non-lethal tools and armor capability only increases the risk that LEO's get hurt/killed and drastically increases the risk that the suspect gets killed. They aren't gonna just say F it, arresting this violent criminal is too dangerous, lets let him walk. They are gonna be forced to 'wing it' to get the job done. Because make no mistake about it. They are removing 'scary' non-lethal tools... Tools which lower the potential of a situation becoming fatal.

I know a lot of GD is extremely anti police and many cry against the militarization of police and police having these tools... But it begs the question, if police are given armored vehicles and tools on the Fed. dime (stuff that is already in existence anyways) and it can save just 1 life, whether that's a LEO's life or even the suspects life... Isn't it worth it to allow those tools to be used?  Apparently the general consensus is people would rather LEO's go into a situation under prepared and under equipped... Even if that means its more likely people get hurt/die.

Would you remove tools from a surgeon? A mechanic? A pilot? A firefighter? A EMT? Probably not. Because you don't want to lower their chances of success and increase the risk of death/injury... So why the hell do people feel the need to remove tools from law enforcement.

Ah yes, one of the speshul ''protected ones'' I take it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:42:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:43:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sounds like their getting a taste of how civil forfeiture feels.  Hopefully they'll start doing more policing smiling and waving instead of just law enforcing as a result
View Quote

Oh, you were serious?  

Edit: FIFY
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:46:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Eotech failure rate have anything to do with recoil impulse being applied in the opposite direction it was designed for?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:48:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:49:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Bullshit it doesn't! That kind of stuff belongs in my house and garage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
"Grenade launchers, high-caliber weapons, armored vehicles this equipment never belonged in our neighborhoods."

Bullshit it doesn't! That kind of stuff belongs in my house and garage.

Lmao
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:49:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:49:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Oh, you were serious?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like their getting a taste of how civil forfeiture feels.  Hopefully they'll start doing more policing instead of just law enforcing as a result

Oh, you were serious?  

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:50:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I wonder if they took away that bad ass MRAP we have.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:57:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Surgeon:  yes, if they were out of line for the surgery.
Mechanic:  yes, if they were out of line for the diagnosis I needed.
Pilot:  yes, if he asked me to pay for tool not to be used on our flight.
Should I go on?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surgeon:  yes, if they were out of line for the surgery.
Mechanic:  yes, if they were out of line for the diagnosis I needed.
Pilot:  yes, if he asked me to pay for tool not to be used on our flight.
Should I go on?

An estimated 400,000 people die each year from medical mistakes.

I'm sure there aren't any mechanics who lie to sell more or do shoddy work, or auto manufacturers who make mistakes and brakes fail, gas tanks catch fire, gas pedals stick...etc...etc...

point being people, all people make mistakes and some police gear gets misused.  But when police are taking rifle rounds from a barricaded suspect, there really is no other politically correct way to get access other than by using armored vehicles.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:58:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They will use the ferguson excuse to pull equipment away from the Sheriffs.
Then dangle the carrot of nationalization/federalization of police/sheriffs for them to get their stuff back.
The reason being that the majority of sheriffs opposed the FBHO plan for more gun control and refused to enforce any  new laws.
Once federalized, more gun control is a go.
View Quote

Shit... you're right.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:01:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ha ha ha ha
View Quote

This. Butthurt when they militarize the police, butthurt when they demilitarize them.  I say good - bring back andy griffith.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:01:37 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

FSA
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:04:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
DRMO?

Group buy?
View Quote

I'm not a big fan of 1033 for the simple fact that cops are civilians give everyone the same ability to get it.  Half of the surplus eligible 1033 stuff goes to DRMO and the other half goes to 1033.  If it's to dangerous to get sold through DRMO to the general public than it must be to dangerous for civilians to own (LEO).
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:09:22 AM EDT
[#24]
If the police can have them, then regular citizens should also be able to have them. I am ok with them being repossessed.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:11:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Does Sheriff Joe still have an M109?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:15:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Sending them to ISIS
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:20:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Dispersing federal war equipment with no strings attached to non-federal agencies is not a solid recipe for consolidation of power.  Think of all those rural wrongthinking agencies that might be armed and who don't like Obama.
View Quote

Whoooops.  Don't go making no sense now!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:22:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Meh, could give a fuck less.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:23:33 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

0bama playing to the proles.

Cops are dangerous when they have shitty laws to enforce and a willingness to serve evil. Cops having a couple of armored cars? Who gives a fuck? Would you rather they rusted away in a warehouse instead of some small town Pd having them?

View Quote

But it's for the children...
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:27:46 AM EDT
[#30]
So the local agency should spend your money to buy the stuff you already bought because you would rather them not have something based on appearance
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:27:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Welcome to Gun Control Bitches!

I wonder if Detroit, Philadelphia,  Baltimore, Memphis.... will scream the loudest

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:31:17 AM EDT
[#32]
OBAMA has other countries that he wishes to supply with American Taxpayer Paid military equipment with.  And, these other countries aren't sometimes even "friends of democracy."

Aloha, Mark.  

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:34:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So the local agency should spend your money to buy the stuff you already bought because you would rather them not have something based on appearance
View Quote

Apparently, and because Andy Griffith also
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:35:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

His rifle is backwards.
View All Quotes

lol no logo on his BCG either.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:45:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:51:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Oh well.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:58:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Whatever will I do...?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:07:29 AM EDT
[#38]
I love the Pavlovian responses these type threads generate.

Soooey!!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:09:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
They will use the ferguson excuse to pull equipment away from the Sheriffs.
Then dangle the carrot of nationalization/federalization of police/sheriffs for them to get their stuff back.
The reason being that the majority of sheriffs opposed the FBHO plan for more gun control and refused to enforce any  new laws.
Once federalized, more gun control is a go.
View Quote

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:12:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Just as much bullshit talk to keep Milsurp stuff as there is to take it back.

Law Enforcement needs to get it into their heads that they NEVER owned ANY of this stuff, it was ALWAYS on loan from the Feds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bouchard said that his department had lost 16 bayonets that were used primarily for honor guards, funerals and other ceremonial purposes, but also would be kept in trunks for their use as wire cutters, including cutting the seatbelts of car crash victims.

They use bayonets to cut people free of their seat belts?  

Just as much bullshit talk to keep Milsurp stuff as there is to take it back.

Law Enforcement needs to get it into their heads that they NEVER owned ANY of this stuff, it was ALWAYS on loan from the Feds.

Yep. Because assholes like that know the average person doesn't know any different and will buy into the bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:14:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Am I the only one that thinks the whole EO thing has gone way beyond what the FF intended?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:18:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Oh well

If they really need them, let the taxpayers pay for them.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:20:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Local sheriff's dept lost an M16A1....if they can't keep track of gov property I'm ok with them getting it yanked.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:24:57 AM EDT
[#44]
This is one BHO decision I actually agree with. Liberty and the Constitution trump officer safety, just as they do the safety of everyone else. Militarized law enforcement is a threat to liberty. Certain equipment and tactics would make law enforcement much more effective. Torturing suspects or deleting the 4th and 5th Amendments, for example, would greatly increase police effectiveness and safety, should we do those too? Hell no. I love me some cops, but they shouldn't have mil vehicles, machine guns, etc. that define the difference between citizens empowered to be in law enforcement and military forces designed for waging war on the enemies of the nation. No matter how bad "the streets" get, they aren't a theater of war and there are different rules. That's not news to most, of course...but frighteningly, it is to some.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:29:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Lol. People hate BHO until he takes away used military equipment that has been paid for already. Then the same people swallow BHO balls deep.

Take it all away, all I carry has been paid for by me anyway. We will respond to calls accordingly to the tools we have available.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:32:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The sudden anti-LEO left turn was a conscious decision on the Dem's part and in hindsight should have been predictable.  They were probably waiting and ready for whatever incident came along that let them kick it off, and it ended up being St. Swishers.

Didn't take all that long after chucking them under the bus to start making noises about federalizing local law enforcement, either - which is probably the end goal of all of this.
View Quote

That's kind of where my thinking is heading.

A part of me honestly feels there was some backroom discussion at Federal levels about arming up folks they couldn't directly control...when they need to.
Too many LE COs saying "No, we won't" to too much legislation/ideas coming from Federal offices...causing some sobering backchatter at Fed levels, and new thinking about disbursement of military equipment that could potentially be used against the government.

...or I'm just paranoid.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:32:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:32:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This is one BHO decision I actually agree with. Liberty and the Constitution trump officer safety, just as they do the safety of everyone else. Militarized law enforcement is a threat to liberty. Certain equipment and tactics would make law enforcement much more effective. Torturing suspects or deleting the 4th and 5th Amendments, for example, would greatly increase police effectiveness and safety, should we do those too? Hell no. I love me some cops, but they shouldn't have mil vehicles, machine guns, etc. that define the difference between citizens empowered to be in law enforcement and military forces designed for waging war on the enemies of the nation. No matter how bad "the streets" get, they aren't a theater of war and there are different rules. That's not news to most, of course...but frighteningly, it is to some.

View Quote

How is torturing a suspect related to officer safety? Or are you just rambling?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:13:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The Feds giveth, and the Feds taketh away....
View Quote

Something about a government big enough to give you everything being big enough to take it away, or something.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:23:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Oh, fuck.

Police dont get to play soldier any more.

qq.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top