BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Rams have their fog lights at the bottom of the bumper. Pictures are 100% Chevy Silverado.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shooter truck Looks like an '08 or newer Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab Short Box. It looks an awful lot like the turck in the daytime vidseo driving by that excavator.

Rams do not have that headlight arrangement.

This should be obvious to anyone who's ever looked at a Ram before.

Rams have their fog lights at the bottom of the bumper. Pictures are 100% Chevy Silverado.

At first i thought it was a Ram also because the bottom picture gives the illusion of a + type grill that Dodge uses often.  But after the new comments, i agree, this is very likely to be a Chevy.  Look at the top lamps in relation to the grill.  They are much too high to be a Dodge, and even taking that out, the second set of lights is also much too high for bottom fogs on a Ram.

Edit:
On another look, i'm thinking probably early to mid 2k Silverado.  The light separation between top and bottom is about right, and they all usually had some sort of large bar across the middle of the grill like you're seeing.  Also, those trucks had the low beam on the far outside which is slanted back slightly from the front of the truck, which is also a good placement for where the light is in your picture.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#2]
After watching it frame by frame on a bigger screen, 08ish Ram white, chrome bumpers, chrome grill and steps.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Look at the shape of the wheel openings in the video, compared to any chevy model.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I would put out more trash and setup a much better camera system and what you can catch.

Be sure to keep the cops up to date on everything.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Only a Chevy Truck owner could be such a crappy person to get upset about garage.  

Sorry couldn't resist
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:10:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not convinced that's the same truck. Daytime truck is definitely a dodge.  I'm about 90% certain night time truck is a Chevy.
View Quote

Looking at the tail lights, I would have to agree with you that my first impression of the night truck was a Chevy as they have those distinctive round light bezels.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#7]
im thinking prolly this body or the one before
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Original thread:

https://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1802289

TLDR:

We put out trash on the wrong day. Got a an anonymous letter in the mail saying that our house would get shot and burnt down. 1 week later, our house gets shot at on video.

Drive by video:

Drive By - Angle 1

This is one of three angles. The other two are on my channel.

Update:

Nothing has happened as of late. We got to know a lot of our neighbors and gave them the word of what happened. We gave all evidence to the police.

I've been up late this morning.. I heard a truck rumbling and it reminded me of the night of the shooting. It sounded just like it. I guess I thought that there was going to be another shooting. I went to the camera live feed and saw a white truck.

Here is the video of it. Can anyone ID what kind it is? I'm not much of a truck guy..

https://youtu.be/P3FvKtgdltg

It sounded just like the truck at the night of the shooting.

The police investigation has gone no where. We gave them everything we have and have gotten no word or updates. They must be busy.

Thanks!

ETA:

Oh crap, think it was him.. In the video he has 2 small flags on opposite sides of his car.

In the shooting video, I think you can see them every time the gun flashes.

http://i.imgur.com/L2LS01y.png
View Quote

Is something wrong with your camera? The focus changes pretty noticeably at 0:11.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Day time video definitely a white dodge.

Fence is in the way and it's hard to tell on the night time/drive by video. You need to get camera's with night vision, and add another camera that can see over that fence.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oh crap, think it was him.. In the video he has 2 small flags on opposite sides of his car.

In the shooting video, I think you can see them every time the gun flashes.

http://i.imgur.com/L2LS01y.png

What do you guys think?
View Quote

I have to agree with you. It would be easier if i could go frame by frame on youtube but that definitely looks like a white or light colored 4 door truck in the video. It's hard to tell but yeah those might be flags getting illuminated by the muzzle flash. And I'd say you have to trust your gut on the sound.

Definitely show this to the cops and see if they can track down the truck, if you can't find it in your neighborhood yourself.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GlsqUjeUTA8/maxresdefault.jpg
View Quote

The shooter drives a Chevy, I'm 100% sold on this.  Google 2004 and 2008 Ram 1500 grille and compare the light arrangement to that of the Chevy.  I would guess that the Chevy is in the ballpark of 2005.  That Ram looked like it was an '08 and I don't think they had the white/chrome combination before then, but I could be wrong about that.

Note the round tail light bezels on the Chevy truck and the location of the running lights and turn signals.  That's a mid-2000's Chevy...  Chevy...
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ALZsf_vlg

In a field, glock-glocking yo.
View Quote

And? Why are you bringing this up?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GlsqUjeUTA8/maxresdefault.jpg
View Quote

No rear door handles...
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, he made good on the threatening note.

So a few questions to ponder:

What will the next move to escalate be? More shootings? Maybe a fire bomb?

Who else has this person done this to?

Have any Val Kilmer or Tom Sizemore-type friends that can take out a pickup next time it shows up?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought we had it narrowed down to a 03-06 Silverado in the last thread.

In the video, the headlights look more angular than round.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#16]
People take their garbage serious out there!

Glad you and your family are ok...
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.racingjunk.com/ui/5/65/39730655-893-2005-Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-at-3000.jpg

View Quote

This is what I mean by round.

http://www.partstrain.com/store/details/Chevrolet/Silverado_1500_HD/Replacement/Tail_Light/2005/C730164.html?source=gglpla
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Truck looks like a
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So you're advocating trying to get this guys home shot up a second time?

Christ on a cracker GD is full of special folks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You could always put out a metric fuck ton of garbage the wrong day and basically use it as a honeypot. Re-position cameras, etc.

So you're advocating trying to get this guys home shot up a second time?

Christ on a cracker GD is full of special folks.

lol....aren't you the knowledgeable one.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

6 adults living in one house, youtube videos to reference, multiple security cams setup....I don't particularly believe the "trashcan" being a motive. I believe there is much, much more going on that OP is not (for good reason probably) discussing.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he's a retread troll who's trying to get this thread locked too .  Calling everybody names and claiming to be the only one with a brain wasn't enough, so he thought he's ventured next into some mild arock-style stalking.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#22]
In the original video I was torn between a Dodge Ram and a Chevy/GMC.  After seeing the flags on both, then I think that might have been the same truck.  

Whoever it is, they probably have a nice hole or dent somewhere on the front of their truck from that ricochet.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.racingjunk.com/ui/5/65/39730655-893-2005-Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-at-3000.jpg

View Quote

This is it. Probably the same color too.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Maybe stupid question but why does the projectile look like it's coming FROM the house TOWARDS the truck in the night time video?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Maybe stupid question but why does the projectile look like it's coming FROM the house TOWARDS the truck in the night time video?
View Quote

Do you even ricochet, bro?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

6 adults living in one house, youtube videos to reference, multiple security cams setup....I don't particularly believe the "trashcan" being a motive. I believe there is much, much more going on that OP is not (for good reason probably) discussing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

trying to discredit the OP....so what's your dog in this fight?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I notice you have some tacticool vids on your youtube channel. Have you ever received hateful messages via youtube? Have you pissed anyone else off in your personal life?

Trash cans out on the wrong day is a pretty trivial matter, someone with an alternative motive may be using it as a bull shit reason to shoot up your home...
View Quote

I do believe that you may be right.  Guy has a grudge about something OP has done and using the trash as a red herring to send people looking into it in the wrong direction.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Huh, guess they really meant it.

Bizarre.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

This isn't going to be over until that guy is shot or arrested.

He's going to shoot at your house again. I hope you know that. It's only a matter of time.
View Quote
This is honestly why I'm semi ok with him setting out trash on the wrong day again. You might as well control the terms of the next one

Clear the house of all people (yourself and a well placed cars that has decent performance stays  behind)

Dump shit ton of garbage on the wrong day set up better cameras and wait.

If he shoots up the house no one will be in it. Cameras catch it. You follow just long enough to catch a plate and call the cops.

It's honestly the safest plan considering the alternative of one makes it into a window with people in the way next time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#30]
I think that's a Silverado also..

ETA I'm wondering if this is more than just the trash cans...
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Troof
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I do believe that you may be right.  Guy has a grudge about something OP has done and using the trash as a red herring to send people looking into it in the wrong direction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I notice you have some tacticool vids on your youtube channel. Have you ever received hateful messages via youtube? Have you pissed anyone else off in your personal life?

Trash cans out on the wrong day is a pretty trivial matter, someone with an alternative motive may be using it as a bull shit reason to shoot up your home...

Yeah!!!!!111  six adults living in one house...holy smokes....next thing you know he'll be stealing hurby curby's...  It could not possibly be that some neighbors are head cases...right?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#33]
But you were quick to get your fluff in a tuft.  What color is your truck?
Quoted:

No my logic is "don't tell some guy how to get his shit shot up some more".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
add "buy body armor and call neighbors letting them know their kid could get shot up because im baiting some ghetto superstar to shoot up my house again"

Should go over well.

You are a 15'er but you speak like you've been here before.

I wonder how many times you have been banned here troll?

By your logic, banks shouldn't carry money, because they have been robbed before, so by your logic merely putting cash in their registers is not thinking of the chitren.

Go troll some other forum.

No my logic is "don't tell some guy how to get his shit shot up some more".

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Troof
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Troof

I doubt it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:I doubt it.
View Quote

Even you don't think this entire situation isn't a tad bit fishy?

p.s. cool avatar bro....(< sarcasm)
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Grille makes me think Silverado. Most have the horizontal crossbar look. Dodge has one also, but much thinner, don't think it would show on video. Also, it looks like two headlights from the video, again matching the Chevy not the Dodge. Granted every year is different and people can customize shit also.

Chevy:

Dodge:

Go frame by frame in the video: http://rowvid.com/?v=VIux_m2yibY
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Did you see the screen shot of the flag?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not convinced that's the same truck. Daytime truck is definitely a dodge.  I'm about 90% certain night time truck is a Chevy.

Did you see the screen shot of the flag?

Finally got to a laptop. I saw the screen shot, but in the vid I can't tell if that's a flag or a cloud of smoke coming out of the barrel.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah!!!!!111  six adults living in one house...holy smokes....next thing you know he'll be stealing hurby curby's...  It could not possibly be that some neighbors are head cases...right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't say a damn thing about it not being some head case, simply that it "MAY" not actually be related to the trash.  Holy shit, didn't mean to pull your string.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Daytime video truck is a mid 2000s Dodge. Not newer than that because the RAM logo moved higher in the later ones. Also has a seam along the side that matches.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Just watched the other angles -- I'm not convinced it's a crew cab truck.

ETA: Drive by truck I mean.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#41]
The trailer hitch might be the key to identifying the truck.  In the original videos the OP asked the question about a light source below the license plate.  Some people put a lighted decal in their hitch and connect it to the trailer wiring harness. When you drive with your lights on the logo for your favorite sports team or whatever is lighted and displayed for everyone to see.  The light in the original video fits that location.  In the daytime video of the truck the trailer hitch stands out when normally they don't.  It could be the driver of the day time truck simply left a ball mounted to the hitch which is why it stands out.  But the object seems flat, like the lighted decal for the hitch would be.  If the daytime truck has a lighted decal in the hitch then I would be 99% sure that is the same truck.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Daytime video truck has a somewhat unique bumper color scheme, with the chrome and black plastic.  Stretching a little here, but possibly freshly painted?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#43]

This is worse than the Zapruder film,

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I doubt it.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

p.s...don't care.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Dude, get some of us Houston guys out to canvas your neighborhood. We'll find it. Fuck this guy and everything he owns.
View Quote

I'm in.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd paint my trashcans with a huge smiley face stick it's tongue out....and leave out all week...
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just hope it's zeroed......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:Yes. The letter was taken down by a mod. It was an honest mistake with the trash. These people are crazy.

Trash day is some serious shit there huh?

What happens if you put a recyclable item into the wrong bin?

You obviously need to get the fuck out of there because crazy.

You do NOT fuck with recycle day on my block.

http://dillehay.org/images/mrad_supp.jpg

Just hope it's zeroed......

Turned out to be 2.4mil

Me and the marine had a .... conversation.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'd paint my trashcans with a huge smiley face stick it's tongue out....and leave out all week...
View Quote

Best idea yet.  Do this!

Well, maybe not.  HiIlarious idea!

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. My first Glock. Was excited..

No, I'm not lying about anything.

My brother is making a video of the flag at night with the raw video. It's definitely a flag on the truck.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Thanks for the update, too bad last thread got nuked.  Looks like this one is heading down the same predictable path.  Best of luck,. stay safe.
View Quote

Yep.  Ibtl
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top