Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Happy to help. This is exactly the sort of thing Ronald McDonald House charities is set up for to provide housing for families for children undergoing medical treatment. Looks like this has already been looked into. I didn't read the fullgofundme.com page.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It took 13 surgeries for me between age 4 and 14 to fix a similar condition.  The Michigan Crippled Childrens Fund took care of most of it. Insurance took care of the rest.  Still have no hearing due to not having an ear drum on that side.  Mono hearing results in loss of sound direction.
Never had it so I don't miss it.
View Quote

I hope this works out like the Dr says it will. One and done. Joseph has all but 2 bones that he needs to be able to restore hearing with his ear. The ear drum is in there, just no way to do a ear canal. What will be done after all the cosmetic stuff is a hearing device behind the ear that looks a little like a blue tooth ear piece. We have already done the sound booth hearing test stuff and he can hear sound on his right side.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Happy to help. This is exactly the sort of thing Ronald McDonald House charities is set up for to provide housing for families for children undergoing medical treatment. Looks like this has already been looked into. I didn't read the fullgofundme.com page.
View Quote

Thank you for your donation.  It is what they are for and they do awesome work. They just don't do reservations at all. You call the day before and if space is available your in. If not your out of luck.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I know someone at RMH, seeing if there's any strings to pull.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just had a thought. If we meet the goal, which it looks like we will it will cover everything. I wouldn't want to use the RMH and bump someone truly in need of it. With that said, if we don't meet the goal the RMH would be a blessing. Let me know what you find out and thanks again.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:59:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't give much, but I'll try doing my part tomorrow morning.

Whish your kid all the best.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Sent some $ your way. Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:18:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can't give much, but I'll try doing my part tomorrow morning.

Whish your kid all the best.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:26:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sent some $ your way. Good luck.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:36:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Put a drop in the bucket.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:00:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Just a little update. We are up to 3500.00!

My little brother is member here too. I got a text from him a little while ago saying, "Saw your sticky on arfcom! Bunch of great guys on there helping you all out:)"

He is right, I don't know how we'd do this without you guys.

My wife said no face pics of the boys but heres a pic of them helping me finish up a deck we built for our church. Their job that day was to take a pair of pliers and a flat head screw driver to pull all the staples with those little tags on the end of the boards out. Everything I do they are right by my side helping, its the greatest thing ever. Joseph is wearing the dark blue jacket. He didn't want to bring his that day because he said he wasn't cold, thats my jacket he has on, lol.

" />
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:32:54 AM EDT
[#14]
holy crap some people get bent out of shape if there isn't a "Striker Approved" sticker in the title. Even if it wasn't apporoved (which it is) I would have done the same for a family member.

I'll be donating tomorrow OP.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:49:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
holy crap some people get bent out of shape if there isn't a "Striker Approved" sticker in the title. Even if it wasn't apporoved (which it is) I would have done the same for a family member.

I'll be donating tomorrow OP.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:53:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The things they can do and the things they are figuring out amaze me. Thank you
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Happy to donate. This hits particularly close home for me. I was born with a discrepency between the length my right and left leg. By the time I was young kid, it was 3 inches and required me to wear a large lift on my left shoe. I got called all kinds of names, drew stares from what felt like everyone in the world. I was lucky enough to have a new kind of surgery performed on my right leg which stunned it's growth, and allowed my left to catch up. By the time I was in high school the difference was barley noticeable. I'll never forget the day I got to shopping for and wear a pair of normal shoes... I'm tearing up just thinking about. That joy to simply feel normal, like all the other kids, was so overwhelming it can't be put into words.  

I wish Joeseph the best of luck on his upcoming surgery and may this chapter of his life be left long behind...

How about it. I saw a medical show where they were basically 3D printing an ear using cultured cells or something. Amazing
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How about it. I saw a medical show where they were basically 3D printing an ear using cultured cells or something. Amazing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Happy to donate. This hits particularly close home for me. I was born with a discrepency between the length my right and left leg. By the time I was young kid, it was 3 inches and required me to wear a large lift on my left shoe. I got called all kinds of names, drew stares from what felt like everyone in the world. I was lucky enough to have a new kind of surgery performed on my right leg which stunned it's growth, and allowed my left to catch up. By the time I was in high school the difference was barley noticeable. I'll never forget the day I got to shopping for and wear a pair of normal shoes... I'm tearing up just thinking about. That joy to simply feel normal, like all the other kids, was so overwhelming it can't be put into words.  

I wish Joeseph the best of luck on his upcoming surgery and may this chapter of his life be left long behind...

I wish they can do that with him now. When they do this surgery they are taking out  some of his rib cartilage. I know a large amount of pain comes with that. He will have to have a morphine pump for awhile. I think morphine, some kind of pain killer being pumped right to the place they remove the material. Plus all the skin they remove for the skin graph and all the work they will do on the side of his head. It's very hard on him.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Best of luck with the surgery!
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Best of luck with the surgery!
View Quote

Thank you.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Whenever you guys donate, please put a reference to arfcom on there. Lots of people have done it and it's awesome to see on there. It'll give the left leaning folk something to talk about, lol.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Good Luck & Best Wishes to you and your son!
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Good Luck & Best Wishes to you and your son!
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Just a little update. Last night my wife and I told Joseph about and showed him the gofundme account and all the support on here. He knew we were putting money back for the trip but had no idea about this. He teared up and gave us hugs. He asked me to let everyone know he's thankful for all the help, prayers, and support.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#24]
OST so I can contribute when I get home from work.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Good Luck.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
OST so I can contribute when I get home from work.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Good Luck.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Kickin' it.

Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#29]
With all the views this thread is getting it would be great to see some $5 or less donations. I know this is a big spending time of year and times are tight but if everyone who viewed the thread threw in $5 this would be  taken care of.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Kickin' it.

View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
With all the views this thread is getting it would be great to see some $5 or less donations. I know this is a big spending time of year and times are tight but if everyone who viewed the thread threw in $5 this would be  taken care of.
View Quote

Yeah, we still have to figure out Christmas and property taxes ourselves. We will get it done though, we always do.

Personally for me I need to stop the auto emails from Palmetto State Armory, all those deals and no dough to spare, it's killin me, lol.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I hope my small donation helps. maybe the staff will keep this up for a while so I can give more when I'm not so strapped for $
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I hope my small donation helps. maybe the staff will keep this up for a while so I can give more when I'm not so strapped for $
View Quote

Your donation is greatly appreciated and it does help, no such thing as a small donation.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Hope y'all have an awesome Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hope y'all have an awesome Thanksgiving.
View Quote

Thank you for your donation. Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone here on Arfcom!
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Thank you
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kickin' it.

Thank you

You are most welcome, and I appreciate the email!

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#37]
I get paid tonight. I'm sending $50 tomorrow.

Best of luck to your boy! I hope others would do the same if I ever run into times of need.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:06:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Done deal.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:22:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:38:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I get paid tonight. I'm sending $50 tomorrow.

Best of luck to your boy! I hope others would do the same if I ever run into times of need.
View Quote

Thank you. I believe if you ever need it the help will be there. Arfcom has renewed my faith in people. We posted this on social media and it didn't get much attention.  I get to post it on here and people I've never met are happy to help. It's great to know there are still good people out there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Done deal.
View Quote

Thank you, love the reference to ar15.com!
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Just sent a donation hope it helps.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just sent a donation hope it helps.
View Quote

Every donation does, thank you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Thank you MathewD
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Another arfcom member donated, we are up to 4185.00!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Tag for payday

Edit: Whoops the thread is sticky'd!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Over 4200! Thank you
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Gave what I could.  Good Luck!
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top