Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/4/2015 4:36:37 AM EDT
I don't want to sound like an ad, a public service ad on TV, but the fact is if you can read, you can walk into a job later on. If you don't, then you've got, the Army, Iraq, I don't know, something like that. It's, it's not as bright. So, that's my little commercial for that.
View Quote

Attrib link

King is a great storyteller, but someone who has so little respect for our armed forces just doesn't get my money.

Here are some other gems from this liberal POS:

Oops, this one just sort of crept in:

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:39:19 AM EDT
[#1]
King doesn't have an original thought in his head anymore.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:42:37 AM EDT
[#2]
He used to be great.  He's not so much anymore.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:43:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Considering Dodge Caravans pose more of a risk to his well being than guns, his focus should change.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:52:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't want to sound like an ad, a public service ad on TV, but the fact is if you can read, you can walk into a job later on. If you don't, then you've got, the Army, Iraq, I don't know, something like that. It's, it's not as bright. So, that's my little commercial for that.
View Quote

Attrib link

King is a great storyteller, but someone who has so little respect for our armed forces just doesn't get my money.

Here are some other gems from this liberal POS:

http://godlessmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/stephen_king_gw_.png

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c3/10/1f/c3101f10084c7f346a2d039d57a15d2b.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/eb/cf/e2/ebcfe26eaa6733c52ff7c4d63995893e.jpg

http://joyannaadams.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/stephen-king.png

Oops, this one just sort of crept in:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAzvk15_uut9ZWnfkJUJVExdy09cv2kzfHASphr2iBHmFCxrib

View Quote

He looks like the Cat in the Hat.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:55:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Loved his old books. . Too bad he's a fucking ass hat...
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:57:02 AM EDT
[#6]
He's clinically insane and brain damaged.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 5:09:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Talks about the human species being insane and quick to plot killing one another, then complains about people wanting to arm themselves.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 5:13:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Fuck that guy.   I wish he would go play in traffic some more.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 5:27:39 AM EDT
[#9]
He's really, really dumb.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 5:47:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Kill 20 school kids with a spoon?

Doable, but messy. The point he doesn't get.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 5:54:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't bro. We both know there are stupid motherfuckers in the .mil that can't, and never will do anything else with their life.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 5:55:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Talks about the human species being insane and quick to plot killing one another, then complains about people wanting to arm themselves.
View Quote

Funny how that works.

That's fundamentally the difference here. An anti-gun person sees the insanity of the world and thinks that some abstract anti-gun policy might make it less dangerous.

Someone who has a gun sees the same insanity and gets outright indignant when others suggest he should turn in that gun with the world the way it is.

Ironically, both arguably have an unrealistic view of the threat.

These two views on how to address it are not reconcilable, though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:40:45 AM EDT
[#13]
His first quote I agree with.

The rest... FSK
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:23:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Funny how that works.

That's fundamentally the difference here. An anti-gun person sees the insanity of the world and thinks that some abstract anti-gun policy might make it less dangerous.

Someone who has a gun sees the same insanity and gets outright indignant when others suggest he should turn in that gun with the world the way it is.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny how that works.

I Think the rabid anti gunner is an extremely violent person who fears the thoughts they have would turn to reality if they were armed and assume everyone
thinks the way they do and are equally dangerous OR so fearful of life
that they know a mouse fart would send them off on a tangent shooting everything that moves in a dark room there by killing innocents.
The rabid pro gunner, Fears these two...
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#15]

You lost me at "King is a great storyteller..."

He's an absolutely shitty storyteller who panders to the low IQ masses. If you have ever read several of his novelettes in rapid succession you will notice that different characters use the same phrasing. He can't actually create individualized characters or write dialogue worth a damn.

And I think even less of his opinions.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:34:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Chronic alcoholism rots your brain.  If you read "The Shining," it is really more about alcoholism than ghosts.  King admitted he wrote it as a form of therapy/apology to his wife and son.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:54:03 AM EDT
[#17]
King needs to change his name to Court Jester or Fool.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#18]
a man who spent his entire life dreaming up creative ways of killing people thinks guns are the problem?

that's weird.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:04:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Considering Dodge Caravans pose more of a risk to his well being than guns, his focus should change.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Does he have armed security protecting him?

TC
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#21]
His writing is so bad. The army''s active voice SSD training is better than reading any of his moronic word stringing. He should write a book about killer vans.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Maybe people keep guns around cause we have asshats who write scary shit and they feel they need to protect themselves after reading about fucked up clowns eating kids in gutters.

Ban your books and the world will be safer
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Pinkos got to pink
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Saw an interview once with Stephen King where he talked about drinking after shave for the alcohol.  He's a raging alcoholic.  May be dry now but ...........
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Kill 20 school kids with a spoon?

Doable, but messy. The point he doesn't get.
View Quote

Have you seen the average grade schooler recently? Spoons are doing the dirty deed with effectiveness.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attrib link

View Quote

Not exactly news, he said that seven years ago. Not that I'm defending him. He's an arrogant asshat.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#27]
And many of his stories had characters who possessed guns..............

Quoted:
a man who spent his entire life dreaming up creative ways of killing people thinks guns are the problem?

that's weird.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#28]
His movies suck too. They're not scary, they're boring.

The only thing interesting he ever did was get run over a by a truck a few years ago.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You lost me at "King is a great storyteller..."

He's an absolutely shitty storyteller who panders to the low IQ masses. If you have ever read several of his novelettes in rapid succession you will notice that different characters use the same phrasing. He can't actually create individualized characters or write dialogue worth a damn.

And I think even less of his opinions.

View Quote

His books are boring and stupid.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:06:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

that's weird.
View Quote

....even creepy.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Never really thought Stephen King as a good storyteller. His writing has always bored me so me hating his guts is no skin off my back.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Love it when a violent writer has some moral issue about a physical instrument for being used improperly in violence.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#33]
FSK.

FBHO.

FHRC.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Well this board member has been to numerous crime scenes Mr. King.......My guns nor those of anyone legally possessing them here on ARFCOM didn't committed those heinous crimes.  

Our "Bill of Rights" guarantees us the right to freely express ourselves........I would hope you also see where our Second Amendment rights shall not be infringed.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We both know there are stupid motherfuckers in the .mil that can't, and never will do anything else with their life.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Meh.

He'd be the ultimate troll - make a comeback with a series that's as promising as The Dark Tower, then write himself into a crappy self insert halfway through the books and top it off with a disappointing ending.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#38]
I would say King is a tool but it would just get more confusing.

I like how he blames the NRA but doesn't seem to get around to gun makers.....lazy AND retarded.

I'd bet a spoonful of poison could kill a room full of children, but hey, I'm not the one with a macabre sense of entertainment.

ETA never read any of his books.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#39]
"If it weren't for the mild altering drugs that keep him the doldrums, it would be about time he kills himself like Hemingway"
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Never read any of his stuff, what is all this about a Dodge van?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
He used to be great.  He's not so much anymore.
View Quote

i wouldn't say he was even great back in the day i think he was in the right place at the right time to write a whole bunch of books and cash in.

he can weave a great tale but holy shit he cant end them for shit, its always aliens or god or fuck it I'm done writing.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#42]
I stopped reading anything from him after he suggested we water board the Bush twins.    I guess the idiot thought we were doing it for fun or something?  Too bad he didn't die when he got whacked by the van, he would have gone out with a better legacy.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  I have a fairly complete collection of his older works.  It was very disappointing when he  went moonbat.  Of course he probably was all along and I was too naive to see it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#44]
He needs to walk on dimly lit back roads more often.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:33:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Still not the worst piece of shit he has ever written.
but, fuck Stephen King.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#46]
About the only books he has written I like are Salem's Lot, Christine and The Stand

Quoted:

This.  I have a fairly complete collection of his older works.  It was very disappointing when he  went moonbat.  Of course he probably was all along and I was too naive to see it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sooooo I take it that your short time in wasn't that great?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't bro. We both know there are stupid motherfuckers in the .mil that can't, and never will do anything else with their life.

What, you've never met an AG who forgot to bring the ammo on a training exercise?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

No kidding. And I always loved it when they bitched and moaned and talked about getting out. Why? WTF else are you going to do?

That said...King's generation had the mindset growing up when he did that only the really stupid ended up in the military. And it was mostly right given the time. I'm guessing mostly a holdover from that for him...more than him just hating the military.

Hell...my parents grew up with Vietnam taking their friends away. When I joined in '02, especially to be in the infantry, my mom literally didn't speak to me for a couple months. In her mind, I had just signed up to go get killed. That's what she grew up with. She has a different mindset now (especially since I've been out for a few years )

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You didn't meet some of the guys that barely passed the ASVAB to get in I guess....

Hell...when I took mine, there were two guys on their final attempt to take it. One got like a 16...the other pretty close to that. Recruiter said he had just put a guy in with a 32...it was the guy's third attempt. There's some dumb motherfuckers in the military. They don't have many job choices when they get in with scores that low, though...so you very well may have never interacted with them

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#50]
I thought he got ran over by a car?  Is it zombie steve king?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top