BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yea really. You guys are gonna sit here and tell me honestly that if your friendly yellow lab who wouldn't hurt a flea got loose somehow (shit happens you know) and ran into someone's yard you would be okay with them shooting it for trespassing??? Dogs don't know what property means. They can't read trespass signs. If they're not hurting anyone or acting aggressive, bothering livestock, etc?

Again, I say this a lot apparently, but this type of over the top action is what makes people think gun owners are lunatics. The neighborhood soccer mom may not have any problems with gun owners until someone shoots her dog Fluffy for sniffing their flowers. Makes complete sense.

You wanna shoot dogs? Go yote hunting. Maybe try being a good neighbor in all other cases and return the dog to the owner.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was the dog threatening someone? I mean shit guys, you're going to shoot a dog just because it's on your property? That's just crazy to me. I'll probably (and I have before) taken a look at it's tag and seen if there's a number on there.

The only animals that would get shot on my property are the follows:

If it is acting aggressively towards my family or myself.

If it is rabid/foaming at the mouth

If it is a deer or other animal that I hunt.

Yea really. You guys are gonna sit here and tell me honestly that if your friendly yellow lab who wouldn't hurt a flea got loose somehow (shit happens you know) and ran into someone's yard you would be okay with them shooting it for trespassing??? Dogs don't know what property means. They can't read trespass signs. If they're not hurting anyone or acting aggressive, bothering livestock, etc?

Again, I say this a lot apparently, but this type of over the top action is what makes people think gun owners are lunatics. The neighborhood soccer mom may not have any problems with gun owners until someone shoots her dog Fluffy for sniffing their flowers. Makes complete sense.

You wanna shoot dogs? Go yote hunting. Maybe try being a good neighbor in all other cases and return the dog to the owner.

How do you think all of the "If anyone hurts my dog I'll murder them" posts make us look?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:15:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

On both sides of the argument too. Holy shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some mentally ill people in this thread.

Really.

This thread is not doing the community any favors at all.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yup.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was the dog threatening someone? I mean shit guys, you're going to shoot a dog just because it's on your property? That's just crazy to me. I'll probably (and I have before) taken a look at it's tag and seen if there's a number on there.

This is the correct answer.

Some of you are fucking psychopaths.
Yup.  

I agree, all of the "If you shoot my dog just because it's mauling your dog or killing my chickens I'll fucking murder you!" people really are nuts.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So, do you feel the same way about all animals and humans?

If you don't, then you have an irrational fear of dogs. Killing something because you think it might do harm is pretty irrational.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Waiting for a dog to attack, or even having the notion that it will attack, before reacting is asking for disaster.  And a dog's life is not worth the risk to any of my family or animals.  

If you don't, then you have an irrational fear of dogs. Killing something because you think it might do harm is pretty irrational.

First, dogs and animals' lives are not valued at the level of human life, period.  It's good to understand the difference.  I know you do, but that should be noted.

As far as animals, I have an understanding of nature, and how, because we're humans, we tend to rationalize that things are not a threat to us, when the other creature may not be of the same mindset.  Most encounters, with any animal that is wild, or does not know you, will trigger a threatening moment in their minds, because nature and survival.  They go by instinct, not rationalization.  Most of the time, fight or flight tends to have the animal run away, which is always the preferred choice.  And if there's a situation where I feel my life, or the lives of family or animals, is in danger, then it is justified. The threshold for animals versus humans, in that scenario, is significantly lower.

And yes, if a strange human is on my property without cause, then it is automatically perceived as a threat, and I will be very guarded and curious as to why they're there without justification.  Humans would be even worse, because they have the ability to understand that they shouldn't be there. If I find out that they have no justification to be there, like this scenario, then you get a call.     Thank God, I've never been in a situation where it has escalated beyond that.  

So, to answer your question in the context of this conversation, I guess it would be "yes,"  I do act that way with all creatures.  They go, one way or another, if I feel their presence is not warranted.

Are you telling me that you don't have that instinct?  If not, I hope you get it, for your own sake, especially in your line of work.  I would be willing to bet that most animals, and many humans, are the same way.  

And please don't crop out my statement.  It throws off the context, especially when statements about my value on all life are omitted.    

I'm not Rambo, or bloodthirsty, nor do I want to be.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Really.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really.

Gun community or dog community.

Meanwhile the cat community breathes a collective sigh of relief.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I understand your emotions, but the dog was on another mans property.  Owners with the feels should keep their pets in check.
View Quote

I agree. Assholes need to keep their fucking pets controlled.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really.

Snort
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Snort
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really.

Snort

If this goes on for another 10 pages, horse chicks will look like portraits of serenity and exemplars of levelheadedness.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

First, dogs and animals' lives are not valued at the level of human life, period.  It's good to understand the difference.  I know you do, but that should be noted.

As far as animals, I have an understanding of nature, and how, because we're humans, we tend to rationalize that things are not a threat to us, when the other creature may not be of the same mindset.  Most encounters, with any animal that is wild, or does not know you, will trigger a threatening moment in their minds, because nature and survival.  They go by instinct, not rationalization.  Most of the time, fight or flight tends to have the animal run away, which is always the preferred choice.  And if there's a situation where I feel my life, or the lives of family or animals, is in danger, then it is justified. The threshold for animals versus humans, in that scenario, is significantly lower.

And yes, if a strange human is on my property without cause, then it is automatically perceived as a threat, and I will be very guarded and curious as to why they're there without justification.  Humans would be even worse, because they have the ability to understand that they shouldn't be there. If I find out that they have no justification to be there, like this scenario, then you get a call.     Thank God, I've never been in a situation where it has escalated beyond that.  

So, to answer your question in the context of this conversation, I guess it would be "yes,"  I do act that way with all creatures.  They go, one way or another, if I feel their presence is not warranted.

Are you telling me that you don't have that instinct?  If not, I hope you get it, for your own sake, especially in your line of work.  I would be willing to bet that most animals, and many humans, are the same way.  

And please don't crop out my statement.  It throws off the context, especially when statements about my value on all life are omitted.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Waiting for a dog to attack, or even having the notion that it will attack, before reacting is asking for disaster.  And a dog's life is not worth the risk to any of my family or animals.  

I think we are saying the same thing, but in different words.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey. Here's a clue.   Dogs are not kids.   I don't have to rationalize with your canine pet about it's intentions.  Keep it controlled and there will never be an issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Strange dogs are a danger to mine.

I'd shoot a dog if it went for my dog, especially in my own yard. My little 20 lb idiot isn't meant to take a beating from a much bigger dog.
So would you shoot a bigger kid beating on your kid in your own yard?  

We have other options than killing.

A large rott mix came into our garage when I was about 7 years old, living in a rural area. My 25 lb border collie mix broke through the screen door and attacked the invading dog. The other dog was so big that my dog bite it on the neck and the other dog was swinging my dog around, trying to through him off.

I got my plastic tee ball bat and separated the dogs. I was SEVEN, with a PLASTIC bat.

Hey. Here's a clue.   Dogs are not kids.   I don't have to rationalize with your canine pet about it's intentions.  Keep it controlled and there will never be an issue.
Here's a clue for you: dogs have been shown to have similar cognitive skills to an average 5 year old.

Here's another clue: you can't rationalize shit with most children or ADULTS.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Oh for fucks sake.  A dog simply being on your property is NO excuse for killing it.   Is it killing your valuable livestock?  Yeah, shoot it.  Is it attacking your wife, kids, or precious and delicate little Pomeranian lap dog?  yeah, shoot it.   Is it in your back yard sniffing around and pissing on your rosebushes?   You are a fucking douche for shooting it.

People are all too quick with the "control your dog" routine.   A dog as a creature with a mind of its own.   It isn't a car that you park in the garage.   A dog can and will explore if it gets loose.   And some of them are pretty god damned clever at getting loose, even with the best supervision and most caring owners.

The wannabe dog shooters and holier-than-thou fuckheads won't be the slightest bit fazed by what I say.   They've made up their minds.   But the fact remains, shooting a pet that is not a threat, or a chronic nuisance is not just a douchebag move, it borders on evil, between the lack of compassion for the owners, and the lack of compassion for the animal itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand your emotions, but the dog was on another mans property.  Owners with the feels should keep their pets in check.

ETA: I don't want some of you to get PMS over this or take it the wrong way, so I will clarify.  Without knowing the mans past experience with dogs roaming his property and their actions, or current events with dogs roaming his property and their actions, the responsibility lies with the irresponsible pet owner which gives other responsible pet owners a bad name.  If the dog was just running across another mans yard, with no livestock, no kids, no attacks, and is being non-threatening, then I certainly don't condone just shooting a dog.

Oh for fucks sake.  A dog simply being on your property is NO excuse for killing it.   Is it killing your valuable livestock?  Yeah, shoot it.  Is it attacking your wife, kids, or precious and delicate little Pomeranian lap dog?  yeah, shoot it.   Is it in your back yard sniffing around and pissing on your rosebushes?   You are a fucking douche for shooting it.

People are all too quick with the "control your dog" routine.   A dog as a creature with a mind of its own.   It isn't a car that you park in the garage.   A dog can and will explore if it gets loose.   And some of them are pretty god damned clever at getting loose, even with the best supervision and most caring owners.

The wannabe dog shooters and holier-than-thou fuckheads won't be the slightest bit fazed by what I say.   They've made up their minds.   But the fact remains, shooting a pet that is not a threat, or a chronic nuisance is not just a douchebag move, it borders on evil, between the lack of compassion for the owners, and the lack of compassion for the animal itself.
Better than I could have mustered. Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn't plan on shooting a dog but I'll never discount the need. That being said, I have 2 Bullmastiff's which are controlled in my yard with invisible fence. I understand if they get loose that I may lose them but that comes with the territory of having dogs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think we are saying the same thing, but in different words.

View Quote

I would say that many members here do that more that they think.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So what do you do? Shoot all dogs no questions asked?

I find that hard to believe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah.  About that.  It doesn't get the chance.

A neighbor down the street had to watch his 6 year old daughter get her face half-ripped off by (gasp!) a lab mix owned by another neighbor a street over.  100 stiches and she lost most of the vision in one of her eyes, and part of her eyelid was ripped off.  She gets to live with that for the rest of her life, and so does her father.  The dog had a tag.  This was in a subdivision.  It happens all the time, all over the country/world. I know of multiple incidents of dogs doing this type of stuff, even dogs attacking their owners, or owner's family.

Dogs are animals.  They attack in an instant, and can do major damage.  They're not going to paw around, if they mean business. You don't know that dog, and it doesn't know you.  It has no loyalty to you.

You may be willing to take the chance, and you may end up being right, but if it goes wrong, the results can be catastrophic.

So what do you do? Shoot all dogs no questions asked?

I find that hard to believe.
That's what he's saying.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Dogs really hate paint markers and airsoft. A slightly better alternative to feeding them antifreeze for running through your yard
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#16]
No way I'd shoot someone's pet just because it's on my property.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Yep. This thread fucking delivers. What round for English Mastiff?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That had been shot by some asshole for running through his yard.  The dog was standing on their porch coughing up blood everywhere.  It looked like a yellow lab and had obviously been hit in the lung.  I have always said that someone doing something like that to my dogs might be my ticket to jail.  After seeing that pic,  I pray no one hurts my dogs because I would be gone.
View Quote

Here's the way it goes here:

Dog comes on my property.

Dog gets shot.

Dig owner runs his mouth.

Dog owner gets a ticket for unleashed dog. Charged appropriately got what they said while running mouth, and trespassing.

If dog owner is stupid enough to do something more than run their mouth, they get shot like the dog.

If they survive, the SO MIGHT be nice and skip the minor tickets, but they're still getting the criminal charges
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Dog gets shot.

Dog owner gets a ticket for unleashed dog. Charged appropriately got what they said while running mouth, and trespassing.

If dog owner is stupid enough to do something more than run their mouth, they get shot like the dog.

If they survive, the SO MIGHT be nice and skip the minor tickets, but they're still getting the criminal charges
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That had been shot by some asshole for running through his yard.  The dog was standing on their porch coughing up blood everywhere.  It looked like a yellow lab and had obviously been hit in the lung.  I have always said that someone doing something like that to my dogs might be my ticket to jail.  After seeing that pic,  I pray no one hurts my dogs because I would be gone.

Dog gets shot.

lol. I am sure you fantasize about that all the time

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
And yet, if it were a cat, this wouldn't even rate a thread.
View Quote

The shooter would be bragging.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Who gives a fuck... Would you murder someone's family member to save your meal? chickens are not on the same level as dogs, period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We really have no idea what caused it. For all we know the dog was trying to get someone's chickens.

Who gives a fuck... Would you murder someone's family member to save your meal? chickens are not on the same level as dogs, period.

You're right.  My chickens are more important than someone else's dogs.  Smarter too, my chickens don't leave the property
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dog gets shot.

Irresponsible dog owners deserve what they get.  But all these All Dogs Go to Heaven crowd don't think so.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
There is nothing I wouldn't do to protect my dog. He's my constant companion.

I have never killed an animal on purpose. The one life I took was from peeling an egg open before the chick was done developing, as a kid.

I have no yearning desire to kill someone's dog, and obviously I'd try other options before resorting to shooting it. That said, if I have to shoot a dog to protect mine, I would do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Strange dogs are a danger to mine.

I'd shoot a dog if it went for my dog, especially in my own yard. My little 20 lb idiot isn't meant to take a beating from a much bigger dog.
So would you shoot a bigger kid beating on your kid in your own yard?  

We have other options than killing.

A large rott mix came into our garage when I was about 7 years old, living in a rural area. My 25 lb border collie mix broke through the screen door and attacked the invading dog. The other dog was so big that my dog bite it on the neck and the other dog was swinging my dog around, trying to through him off.

I got my plastic tee ball bat and separated the dogs. I was SEVEN, with a PLASTIC bat.

There is nothing I wouldn't do to protect my dog. He's my constant companion.

I have never killed an animal on purpose. The one life I took was from peeling an egg open before the chick was done developing, as a kid.

I have no yearning desire to kill someone's dog, and obviously I'd try other options before resorting to shooting it. That said, if I have to shoot a dog to protect mine, I would do it.
That's understandable. Now think about your dog getting out and winding up in someone's yard. 20 lbs is not a small dog to some people. Let's say your dog gets scared and takes up a defensive posture and growls at someone on their front lawn. They skin their smokewagon and pop your dog in the ribs with a 9mm ranger, totally destroying your dog's major functioning organs. Good shoot?

Or they could have shut their fucking front door and waited for the dog to move on, or call animal control like a normal person.

People want to start shooting at the first sign of fear. It's pathetic and cowardly.

Shooting dogs harassing livestock, habitually aggressive dogs, or dogs that are a genuine threat to safety, okay. I understand that.

But most of us live in urban or suburban areas where livestock is not present and just simply don't know how to appropriately deal with fear without going to Defcon level 5.

Also, if a big dog is attacking your smaller dog, and you shoot, it is HIGHLY likely you will hit your dog in the process. Dog fights are far from static and usually involve a lot of tumbling and spinning. It takes a lot of training to keep cool and fire aimed shots under stress, not to mention the round going through the target and striking whatever may be behind it. Your body will be shaking from adrenaline and lining up those sights with reduced vision isn't as easy as people think.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dog gets shot.

I've ran calls as a result of mouthy dog owners getting uppity. They're white trash 90% of the time.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Dude you need help. Shooting an non-feral animal for no reason is fucked up. It is necessary to kill a feral, rabid or otherwise fucked up animal but just doing it because someone might have left a gate open and it runs out is wrong. Not saying you may or may not have the right due to your local laws but it is wrong.

Also I wouldn't start that kind of shit with my neighbors because I would rather have neighbors that wave hello and stop by than want to kill me. Do you really want to worry about "accidently" catching a round walking around your property during hunting season?

Quoted:

Dog gets shot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dog gets shot.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And yet, if it were a cat, this wouldn't even rate a thread.

And then it would rate a thread, complete with similar levels of "bad shoot because not enough killing need to kill more" and "mah kitty dindu nuffin, fuck the birds and wildlife mah kitteh kills, my kitteh has a right to piss on your face, animals are better than people, many people should be killed" etc. etc.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1740211__ARCHIVED_THREAD_____Vet_of_the_year__fired_after_posing_for_image_holding_a_dead_cat_she_killed_with_a_bow.html&page=1
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#27]
lol
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Dog gets shot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dog gets shot.

LOL, keep dreaming.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:10:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've ran calls as a result of mouthy dog owners getting uppity. They're white trash 90% of the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dog gets shot.

And what does that have to do with a dog wandering onto your property, not hurting anything, and your first instinct is to shoot it?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Dude you need help. Shooting an non-feral animal for no reason is fucked up. It is necessary to kill a feral, rabid or otherwise fucked up animal but just doing it because someone might have left a gate open and it runs out is wrong. Not saying you may or may not have the right due to your local laws but it is wrong.

Also I am just saying I wouldn't start that kind of shit with my neighbors because I would rather have neighbors that wave hello and stop by than want to kill me. Do you really want to worry about "accidently" catching a round walking around your property during hunting season?

View Quote

I wouldn't shoot one for no reason. I have horses, chickens,  etc.   What most idiotic dog owners think is play with my horses is actually harassment, and I won't have that stress on my horses, especially my bred mares.  Stress my chickens, they slow production sometimes.

A dog harmlessly walking around will get ran off. So much as bark at my chickens or get near enough to my horses to bother them,  and the dog gets shot.

As far as being worried about neighbors? No worry, it's made very clear to them that if anything happens to the people involved,  or their animals,  that they're suspect number 1. Then they get to start signing tickets.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
LOL, keep dreaming.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dog gets shot.

LOL, keep dreaming.  
I've witnessed that exact scenario play out, more than once.  Though it stopped before shooting the owner each time.  But not always before an ass beating.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I wouldn't shoot one for no reason. I have horses, chickens,  etc.   What most idiotic dog owners think is play with my horses is actually harassment, and I won't have that stress on my horses, especially my bred mares.  Stress my chickens, they slow production sometimes.

A dog harmlessly walking around will get ran off. So much as bark at my chickens or get near enough to my horses to bother them,  and the dog gets shot.

As far as being worried about neighbors? No worry, it's made very clear to them that if anything happens to the people involved,  or their animals,  that they're suspect number 1. Then they get to start signing tickets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also I am just saying I wouldn't start that kind of shit with my neighbors because I would rather have neighbors that wave hello and stop by than want to kill me. Do you really want to worry about "accidently" catching a round walking around your property during hunting season?

So what you are saying is that when you posted this literally 30 minutes ago you were just full of shit and bravado? I don't think anybody is going to disagree about shooting a dog that is harassing, biting your animals so I don't know why you can't just make that argument to begin with.

Quoted:

Dog gets shot.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's clever.

Nguyen Loan probably would've had more patience with a dog, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's clever.

Nguyen Loan probably would've had more patience with a dog, though.

That would have fed a few families.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So what you are saying is that when you posted this literally 30 minutes ago you were just full of shit and bravado? I don't think anybody is going to disagree about shooting a dog that is harassing, biting your animals so I don't know why you can't just make that argument to begin with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dog gets shot.

I could legally shoot them just for being on my property, and have in the past in the aftermath of my horses being attacked by dogs.  Now that those capable of inflicting the type of damage they had are dead,  I go off each incident.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#35]
So much butthurt, so little facts...

I'm still curious how OP knows that the dog just walked through the yard.  Did he go talk to the shooter, or is this assumption or heresay?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Control your pets and then you only have to worry about cops shooting them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean like this?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I can't see shooting a dog because it's in my yard, whether I have to shovel behind it or not.

I've always introduced my dogs to my neighbors.  They (the dogs) like to go "say hello" when they see the neighbors out in the yard.  Then they turn around and come running back to their (my) yard.

Some dogs seem to be naturally more aggressive than others.  I wouldn't expect a lab to be that way.  But, like people, their personality can be shaped/twisted by things that happened to them in the past.

I've known people who abused dogs when they were kids (other animals as well).  Some of them grew up and abused/killed other people.  Sometimes I wonder if people who's first act is to grab a gun and kill a dog are just building up to grabbing a gun and killing people.

Like the man said in a movie, they've got this big hole in them they keep trying to fill, but they can't fill it, so they keep going farther and farther, doing more and more in the attempt to fill up that hole.  Just a paraphrase of Doc Holliday's description of Jonny Ringo's personality issues.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
snip

View Quote

Really?  In what context.  

Troll much?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean like this?http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=ba2_1413637523&comments=1

He must be a member here.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#40]
What is the current OVER/UNDER on bans and timeouts?  
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#41]
7 pages and no lock nice.

I think this becomes simple if you break it down to basic principles.  Are you for maximum personal responsibility or do you think your feelings are more important than other people's rights.

I'm for personal responsibility and have been on both sides of the issue.

I live in Alaska and people's pets are the biggest nuisances that includes over bears and moose that will straight up kill you. I've been bitten by unruly pets and my mom won't even walk her own neighborhood without a weapon of some type against... wait for it... people's dogs.

I used to have a dog (dingo-husky mix) that was gifted by a dog musher.  I soon proved to be unable to care for the lovable animal and she ended up in the care of my grandparents.  They weren't much better as owners and one day someone stole her from my grandfather's car (at least that's what we think).

Point being, that it was all on the owner's part to keep their pet in check even if I'm included in that.

And to the human-pet equivalency argument I wonder how many would just "play" with a person that happened to be on their property.  I guarantee most here would meet an individual (of any race or sex) on their property with hefty suspicion and likely a loaded firearm.  Even if they just happened to be "running through their property".  Obviously children to pets is apples to oranges as not even those that hate pets would end a strange puppy or cute kitten with shotgun to the face point blank.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#42]
I saw the FB post the day it was made.  The incident happened in rural Virginia.  Dog was running livestock and livestock owner had had issues with dog(s) harassing his animals in the past.  Whether it was that particular dog or not had been involved in the past is a moot point - vet bills, replacement animals, and replacement fencing aren't cheap, a bullet is.

In most states we're also well into hunting season, and shooting dogs that are harassing wild game animals is also legal.

Keep your dogs put up.  If you have kids who let the dogs out - or dogs that push doors - then Petco has a neat little "electric" fence transmitter to an e-collar that costs less than a vet visit to fix your shot-up dog (assuming it makes it home), that can keep your dog from wandering off.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
1st & 2nd post nailed it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean like this?http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=ba2_1413637523&comments=1

lol

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What is the current OVER/UNDER on bans and timeouts?  
View Quote

Not sure, but I think it may be safe so say at least 1 before the end of page 10. Could be wrong though.. GD has been slipping as of late
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#46]
one day while getting the mail from street with my golden retriever a light brown pitt came charging right at us just automatic drive way gate was about to close. having been almost killed by a GSD at age 7 I am fully aware of how dangerous pitt bulls could be and thought how glad I was I had a P220R carry elite loaded with 9 230gr ranger T plus P riding in an ugly Bald Guy hostler on my comptac belt. I could almost sense what was about to happen as the dog was trembling with all it's teeth showing, I shifted my weight putting my hand in the ready position and then it happened. the pitt dropped at my feet like it was hit with a bowling ball travelling at 990 FPS. I reach further down and touch him belly and he was wiggling so hard it looked like death throws.

it was then I grabbed it's collar looking at the tag I quickly dialed the number and man answered and I told him what happened and he apologized and said he would be right there. When he showed I knew right away he must be a cop, he had that look and here I am standing there with a gun on my hip and his dog laid out at my feet. as his dog laid quivering at my feet he reached his hand out to shake mine, but I had a momentary arfcom flashback to a cop trying grab my hand as wrestled me to the ground throwing on the handcuffs, calling in swat, shooting my dog and siezing all my weapons. I could tell this was going to awkward, he introduced himself as a new neighbor, he had recently retired from the FHP and was a stay at home dad with his autistic son and his son's helper dog the pitt laying at my feet.

he thanked me repeatedly for taking care of that dog, I said that is what good neighbors are for. we started talking guns and he said I could come join him at his range in the back of his house any time. He said he would like to get together with our neighbors and setup a neighborhood watch and train us all in tactics and emergency medical response as he was an FHP tactical instructor.

that pitt left still quivering and smiling as he loaded up in the suv to go back home
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#47]
is it even legal to shoot someones dog just for running through your yard?

And what kind of a psycho posts a picture of the dog they shot on facebook?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

The owner posted the picture.. it was their neighbor that shot the dog
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or did they... In a lot of murders the victims own family is to blame (like on dateline).  This could be an inside job.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Or did they... In a lot of murders the victims own family is to blame (like on dateline).  This could be an inside job.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Up next:

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top