Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]

DVR

In the early 90's we got a Pegasus System, later bought by Directv, with a DVR.  Today we have a Tivo DVR for local channels and a Directv DVR for satellite.  Being able to watch our favorite programs whenever we want is grand.  Being able to fast forward through commercials is much grander!

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Lasic. Best money I ever spent on myself.

At age 55 I married a woman who considers cheap to be a dirty word.  She doesn't waste money and is a great money manager.

She will not scrimp on quality, healthy food.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Computer and later, internet.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not sure I'd like using wet wipes to wipe my...behind...but although my kids are now ten and eleven I still keep a pack of wet wipes in each car because they are great when stuff spill, kids' hands are coated in Doritos dust, or I just put gas in my truck and my hands stink like diesel fuel and there isn't a washroom nearby.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Charmin ultra soft extra wide toilet paper. It's like wiping your behind with wool from a newborn baby lamb.

Wet wipes was mine. It is what I was going to post even before I saw yours.
I'm not sure I'd like using wet wipes to wipe my...behind...but although my kids are now ten and eleven I still keep a pack of wet wipes in each car because they are great when stuff spill, kids' hands are coated in Doritos dust, or I just put gas in my truck and my hands stink like diesel fuel and there isn't a washroom nearby.

Smear two gobs of Jiff on a medium shag rug. Clean one with a dry paper towel and the other with a damp cloth. Report back with your findings.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Fleshlight I named Shirlena
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do you think that its worth stepping up from say, a stream light polytac? I have about 1/2 dozen of the polytacs and use them often for work. Plus, I dont mind if they get lost or broken. They work great for the price, but I've been debating about upgrading. Battery life could be better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SureFire E1B. I had the mini maglites, even stepped up to a NiteCore, but this little SureFire is the best thought out light I've used. I want to try the new Titan, but I love the click tailswitch too much.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Do you think that its worth stepping up from say, a stream light polytac? I have about 1/2 dozen of the polytacs and use them often for work. Plus, I dont mind if they get lost or broken. They work great for the price, but I've been debating about upgrading. Battery life could be better.

I've never used the streamlights, but if you're chewing through batteries, rechargeables might be a worthy investment. There's a NiteCore that has a USB port so you can charge it from your computer.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Marriage saver:

Dual zone a/c and heat in the car.

I'll never own another vehicle without this miracle.

Wife's car has dual zone plus heated and cooled seats.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Hunter's Ass-Set.

It's a little folding .50" closed-cell foam pad sandwiched between camo nylon. They made them for one year in the earlys 80s. Fits perfectly in a small pack.

As far as I know it was the first pad made out of closed-cell foam.

I bought Dad and myself one and would not be without it. When Dad passed it was the first thing I retrieved from his hunting stuff.

As you can see the one in my pack is well used.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:05:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Universal Studios Halloween Horror Night Express Pass.

Best $128 ever spent. 15 minute wait for something that on average has a wait of 115 minutes. Feels good to skip the bullshit. Wife and I can do every ride and haunted house in the park while everyone else does maybe two to three houses and no rides.
View Quote

THIS.
I was there with my 2 minions Sat night. I would have wanted to hurt someone w/o the FastPass. Next year I'm going to get tix a little sooner and get RIP Passes for just a little bit more

"Will the two of you PLEASE pretend you like each other for long enough for me to take a picture?!"
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
weekly maid service
View Quote

This for sure. It really helps.

Also suppressor
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Google fiber. I pay $70 a month for just internet, but its completely worth it.

While this test is over a year old, its still the same speed I get daily.

And my ping is usually at 0-1ms
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I love mine.  Buy her this, and it won't collect dust on the mixer itself.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71LzX4xultL._SL1000_.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kitchenaid stand mixer instead of a cheap stand mixer.

My wife got one as a wedding gift and its never been used. Just sits on the counter collecting dust. I try to sell it at every garage sale and she says no

I love mine.  Buy her this, and it won't collect dust on the mixer itself.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71LzX4xultL._SL1000_.jpg

1.  Buy mixer cover and leave the mixer covered for a couple months.
2. Sell mixer.
3. Leave cover on countertop.
4. ????
5. Profit.

As for the original question... I'd have to say dual zone climate control in my truck.  It's spoiled me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I've heard about these. 'splain

My socks are purchased in packs of 6 pairs, wrapped in plastic, for $10. Am I doing it wrong?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Smart Wool socks. I can never go back to cheap socks now.

Was going to post the exact thing. Love mine. Bought them last winter and thought they might be too hot come summer time but nope they are great and I wear them everyday.

I've heard about these. 'splain

My socks are purchased in packs of 6 pairs, wrapped in plastic, for $10. Am I doing it wrong?

Yes. Good socks, sheets, and towels are purchases that pay off daily in improvement to quality of life.  And the ladies enjoy nice sheets.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
weekly maid service
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Good hair cuts, at a salon.

Good rye whiskey.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

While they are extremely comfortable, Smart wool isnt durable enough for me for what they cost. I ruined two pairs in a single 10 day backpacking trip. EuroS are where its at for wool socks IMO.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/wFaUV5U.png
View Quote

Damn Time Warner is same price for up to 50mbps
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate time warner. I pay $65/mo for 40x5. CB fiber is available a few blocks away but not on my street.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Agreed.

High quality socks are one of the best things in the world.
View Quote

The best thing in the world are new socks.  If I had unlimited money I'd never wear used ones, put a brand new pair on every morning and toss them in the goodwill basket every night.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The best thing in the world are new socks.  If I had unlimited money I'd never wear used ones, put a brand new pair on every morning and toss them in the goodwill basket every night.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

High quality socks are one of the best things in the world.

I just threw away all my old socks (except the Smart Wool ones) and bought all new ones. I feel like I should do this every month.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Lagavulin 16, and Boar's Head deli-meats and cheeses. Accept no substitutes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lagavulin 16, and Boar's Head deli-meats and cheeses. Accept no substitutes.
View Quote

Bingo on the Lagavulin 16 year old.

(If you can't get Laphroaig Quarter Cask)

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
weekly maid service

Yep.

Bi-weekly here, and it's awesome to come home to a clean house.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Each deployment I get myself some little luxury item. The most recent was a titanium spoon, knife, and fork. All those heathens eating with the cheapest of plastic utensils are fools.

I'll also echo the nice socks comments. I've gone almost exclusively to those toe socks and my feet thank me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#26]
La Perla bras.  In addition to everyday ones, I've had at least one La Perla since I was 21.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

when you learn the difference between MBps and mbps... thats not that impressive!
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Each deployment I get myself some little luxury item. The most recent was a titanium spoon, knife, and fork. All those heathens eating with the cheapest of plastic utensils are fools.

I'll also echo the nice socks comments. I've gone almost exclusively to those toe socks and my feet thank me.
View Quote

I bought myself a portable projector for this deployment.  Watching movies on an 80" screen in my crappy RLB is definitely a lifestyle upgrade.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Good smart phone (note 4 currently)
Wet wipes
High thread count bed sheets
Good socks/undies
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Red Wing boots

Quality socks. Once you break in a $10 pair of socks, there is no going back.

Those Firehose work pants from Duluth trading company. I wear the cargo pants. They run from $75 to $100 a pair. It's well worth it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

La Perla bras.  In addition to everyday ones, I've had at least one La Perla since I was 21.
View Quote
Are you 22?  Otherwise I think that's kinda gross

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nice bed sheets.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:39:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

While they are extremely comfortable, Smart wool isnt durable enough for me for what they cost. I ruined two pairs in a single 10 day backpacking trip. EuroS are where its at for wool socks IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? I've got pairs that are three years old and still holding up fine.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I recently started paying my neighbors son to take care of the lawn. I'm adjusting well to the change so far.

I have a few pairs of expensive shoes and boots. I've never regretted purchasing any of them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Tempurpedic pillow.  The only drawback is that it's too bulky to take with me when I travel so I sleep like crap at the hotels.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've wore SW socks for probably ten years, loved them.  I must have developed some kind of wool allergy, because they irritate the hell out of my feet now.  I'm bummed.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#37]
MERRELL CHAMELEON STRETCH SHOES.
All other footwear is dead to me now.
I have 5 new pair stored at the BOL I will not be without!
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I pay $50 per month for 30mbps and only get that between 0100 and 1700. At 1800 I only get .5 to 1mbps at best. Sometimes it slows down bad enough Speedtest times out on the ping. It was fine until New Wave bough out the old ISP and started selling 50-100mbs packages overnight. They sold a shit ton of bandwidth they don't have and laugh all the way to the bank while they fuck over their customers. They're a monopoly for broadband of course so I don't expect any change in that anytime soon. I hate you guys that have fiber.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not to appear coarse or anything, but $500+ to hold your tits up?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Red head wife and several children.....
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Unfortunately its this ignorant smart phone.  I would LOVE to dump all our phones and go to just a cheap flip phone but I am not sure I could survive.
View Quote

smartphone.  as much as they are the devil,  life without it is SUCH a pain in the ass.  Navigation, buying stuff,  movies,    etc.  no phone makes life a LOT harder.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#42]
DeLonghi magnifica coffee maker. When my wife bought it I thought wtf your spending $400 for a coffe maker. Her reply was its retail it $700. Best coffee ever. No longer go to Starbucks and tastes amazing every morning and night
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Tempurpedic pillow.  The only drawback is that it's too bulky to take with me when I travel so I sleep like crap at the hotels.
View Quote

I tried one and it was way too hot for me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I've wore SW socks for probably ten years, loved them.  I must have developed some kind of wool allergy, because they irritate the hell out of my feet now.  I'm bummed.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you change lotion or detergents or something? Allergic reactions to wool are almost unheard of.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeti 20 oz travel cup.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Chris Reeves Sebenza
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Peltor Tactical Pro Electronic Hearing Protection.

Around $230 bucks online.

http://peltortactical.org/3m-peltor-tactical-pro-headset-review/

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Smear two gobs of Jiff on a medium shag rug. Clean smear one with a dry paper towel and clean the other with a damp cloth. Report back with your findings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Charmin ultra soft extra wide toilet paper. It's like wiping your behind with wool from a newborn baby lamb.

Wet wipes was mine. It is what I was going to post even before I saw yours.

Smear two gobs of Jiff on a medium shag rug. Clean smear one with a dry paper towel and clean the other with a damp cloth. Report back with your findings.

FIFY
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:58:23 PM EDT
[#49]
My riding lawn mower.

I don't have a huge amount of property, but without my riding lawn mower it takes me about three hours to do what I can do in one hour or so on my riding lawn mower. My weekends are so precious to me and yard work is not something I enjoy so I honestly couldn't do without the riding lawn mower.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Baby wipes. I can't take a shit without baby wipes these days.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top