Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 10/11/2015 8:34:55 AM EDT
In arguements for second amendment rights pictures of the nazis assassinating citizens frequently are used.  While justifiably so and  very powerful,  perhaps reminding liberals of the Kent state shooting might be another angle they haven't seen or forgotten about, something that happened on a college campus (one of their safe zones)  and clearly shows what an armed government will do to suppress a populace.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
In arguements for second amendment rights pictures of the nazis assassinating citizens frequently are used.  While justifiably so and  very powerful,  perhaps reminding liberals of the Kent state shooting might be another angle they haven't seen or forgotten about, something that happened on a college campus (one of their safe zones)  and clearly shows what an armed government will do to suppress a populace.
View Quote

Doing extensive studies into this subject throughout college, including interviewing eye witnesses, I determined that nobody knows what caused the shooting, even witnesses

So it may have been justified.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#2]
The hippies were throwing rocks, molotovs and tear gas grenades back at the NG, they also set fire to a few buildings. Rumor has it the NG was fired on first. Bottom line is don't start no shit, won't be no shit.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:53:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Bunch of dudes with M14's smoked a bunch of hippies........one day I'll be outraged.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The hippies were throwing rocks, molotovs and tear gas grenades back at the NG, they also set fire to a few buildings. Rumor has it the NG was fired on first. Bottom line is don't start no shit, won't be no shit.
View Quote

This.

Another problem was that the NG of this era wasn't very well trained, either.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol

The Feds come up with that?

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:02:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bunch of dudes with M14's smoked a bunch of hippies........one day I'll be outraged.
View Quote

They had M1's FWIW based on the pictures I saw.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NG never got M14s, except for rifle competitions.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#8]
The subject used to be covered almost every year on Jim Quinn's radio show (the warroom).  He interviewed some people who had done a lot of research into the event.  Just like the ferguson riots, Kent state attracted several "professional" protestors.  Communist street agitators.  What is never mentioned in the main stream media is that the out of town protestors egged on the college kids.  They wanted this to happen.  One of the things they did was make dixie cups filled with concrete and protruding nails and threw these at the cops and guardsmen.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of the people shot were on the other side of the campus.

Edit those killed were within ~100 m
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe the NG had some National Match M1's?  
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Ignorance is bliss.

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
Garand my friend

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Only on arfcom will you hear people defend the government for shooting protestors.

#freespeechexceptforhippies

You guys sicketate me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Stop letting facts get in the way of emotions.

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Only on arfcom will you hear people defend the government for shooting protestors.

You guys sicketate me.
View Quote

Damn; you're  actually right for a change.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The subject used to be covered almost every year on Jim Quinn's radio show (the warroom).  He interviewed some people who had done a lot of research into the event.  Just like the ferguson riots, Kent state attracted several "professional" protestors.  Communist street agitators.  What is never mentioned in the main stream media is that the out of town protestors egged on the college kids.  They wanted this to happen.  One of the things they did was make dixie cups filled with concrete and protruding nails and threw these at the cops and guardsmen.
View Quote

SDS
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Arfcom doesn't believe in free speech, free assembly, or protest when it's executed by those they disagree with, sorry OP.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#19]
I place the blame on the 14-year-old runaway
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rumor has it that you have several unregistered machine guns in your home.

Door kicking time?

I remember the events at Kent State as they were unfolding and two things still stand out....piss poor training and a lack of regard for human life.

Fuck hippies everywhere; but they weren't shooting at the national guard troops.

What happened was inexcusable in a democratic republic that values life.

People defend the government violence at Ruby Ridge and Waco as well.

Welcome to that club.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Those killings are bizarrely supported here in GD
View Quote

Disgusting isn't it?
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Arfcom doesn't believe in free speech, free assembly, or protest when it's executed by those they disagree with, sorry OP.
View Quote

No fuck's given.

Those protest types (kent, Ferguson, LA) would gladly destroy every aspect of normal life in a hissy fit of rage because they will never fit into society.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys sicketate me.

Speciously.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

"Don't start no shit, won't be no shit"?

What an asinine assertion to support.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#26]
.dt...
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#27]
On one hand you have the students who were not peacefully protesting. The days before they had rioted in Kent itself after the bars were all closed (which is why the governor called the ARNG). They had professional agitators, including SDS, among their ranks. They burned down there ROTC building and then pelted police and firemen with rocks when they tried to put it out of and contain it. And during the incident that caused the shooting some of them were pulling bricks off a wall and throwing them at the national guardsmen.

The Nat Guard were clown shoes. In a time when people used the ARNG o avoid service in Vietnam, it was filled with poorly trained misfits. For the previous weeks before going to Kent State, they had been handling a pretty stressful union strike, so back to back riots. Two days before the Kent State riots they had marched through the rioter's camp and bayoneted some chick. On the day of the shooting they marched info the wrong area, trapping themselves against a fence and when some of them felt threatened one shot which sent a chain reaction of sympathetic firing, 27 soldiers fired altogethet. Most don't appear to have aimed considering a good number of the casualties were not even among the rioters, including a ROTC student. Piss poor shooting, they mostly hit the wrong people.

All around it was a total clusterfuck. But the American public actually supported the shooting, seeing it as law and order. I saw a news clip of one of the parents of a dead student and their response was something like "good, they deserved it." The only reason the incident is taught today is because the hippy leftist SDS agitators ended up taking over our education system.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, it's very bizarre indeed.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/may/04/new-light-shed-on-kent-state-killings/?page=all

I remember some information after the Soviet Union collapsed. I think they were files taken from the Stasi headquarters by the Berliners that indicated they were actively provoking the protest through friendly U.S. citizens. I can't find a source for that online.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#29]
IIRC, after the shootings there weren't anymore riots that day.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, we just recognize that throwing rocks, burning down buildings, and preventing people from peacefully travelling are not legitimate examples of free speech.  We recognize that "peaceful protest" does not include arson or vandalism and that "protesters" who engage in such are criminals just like any other vandal or arsonist and that it is perfectly reasonable to disperse and/or arrest such "protesters."  Notice that there were zero arrests and vandalism among tea party protests.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Some of the victims  weren't even protestors.

But that don't matter.  As long as hippies died.

Good thing that same government would never come after cool gunowners like us.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought I'd seen a pic of them with one.   My mistake.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you quote this even after several post appear on both sides of the argument, a few breaking down the event and showing that the "peaceful protester" mystic is bullshit. We all know the event was a total shit show.

It's an event that the ignorant cheer, subversives milk for sympathy, and anyone with any common sense just rolls their eyes at, thinking "not this shit again".

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

#1, Carbines, #2, IIRC nobody that was hit was actually a part of the group hassling the NG guys..in fact one of the victims was an ROTC cadet walking to class well AWAY from the protest
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
I think a better example of 'the government is not to be trusted' is to look at the Tuskegee Study where poor blacks were given burial insurance and 'free medical care' but actually were allowed to have syphilis and go untreated to see how long it would take for them to die.  This went on all the way into the 1970s.  Or the secret and forced sterilization of poor women and Native American women, which also went on into the 1970s.

If a government will say they are going to do a routine medical check and instead sterilize a woman, not just once but possibly 10,000 times, you really want to trust them to be the only ones with guns?
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#39]
The Government  screwed up. Once Sgt. Pryor fired then several other N.G. followed suit. Should have never happened. No one fired at the NG and most of the students killed or injured weren't even close to the NG.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Well you were there right? Tell us what happened.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rioting and attempting to cause serious bodily/harm or death to National Guardsmen is a one way ticket on the pain train.

A Hippy has got to know its limits.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

On one hand you have the students who were not peacefully protesting. The days before they had rioted in Kent itself after the bars were all closed (which is why the governor called the ARNG). They had professional agitators, including SDS, among their ranks. They burned down there ROTC building and then pelted police and firemen with rocks when they tried to put it out of and contain it. And during the incident that caused the shooting some of them were pulling bricks off a wall and throwing them at the national guardsmen.

The Nat Guard were clown shoes. In a time when people used the ARNG o avoid service in Vietnam, it was filled with poorly trained misfits. For the previous weeks before going to Kent State, they had been handling a pretty stressful union strike, so back to back riots. Two days before the Kent State riots they had marched through the rioter's camp and bayoneted some chick. On the day of the shooting they marched info the wrong area, trapping themselves against a fence and when some of them felt threatened one shot which sent a chain reaction of sympathetic firing, 27 soldiers fired altogethet. Most don't appear to have aimed considering a good number of the casualties were not even among the rioters, including a ROTC student. Piss poor shooting, they mostly hit the wrong people.

All around it was a total clusterfuck. But the American public actually supported the shooting, seeing it as law and order. I saw a news clip of one of the parents of a dead student and their response was something like "good, they deserved it." The only reason the incident is taught today is because the hippy leftist SDS agitators ended up taking over our education system.
View Quote

I think this sums it up pretty well. Most if not all of the kids killed were not part of the protest they were going to class. It was a fucked up

situation all the way around. I suspect there might have been a little bit of the "I think I'll walk by and see whats going on"

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well GD has a lot of folks who dream about shooting hippies, so there's that
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:41:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You guys sicketate me.
View Quote

I would have shot only the ones that looted and destroyed the paint store my Uncle owned. (They needed paint for the protest signs and the side of the ROTC building.)

This was not a peaceful protest.

I was a young pot smoking hippie kid myself who skipped school that day to go over to the Student Union with my buddy to shoot pool and play Foosball. I was behind the guard when the shooting started.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

And no one took a picture of one?  Do you have any proof of this claim?
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

#1, Carbines, #2, IIRC nobody that was hit was actually a part of the group hassling the NG guys..in fact one of the victims was an ROTC cadet walking to class well AWAY from the protest
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Garands and 1911s
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All I saw were rocks and bottles.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#48]
It's funny what is considered free speech here.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I think a better example of 'the government is not to be trusted' is to look at the Tuskegee Study where poor blacks were given burial insurance and 'free medical care' but actually were allowed to have syphilis and go untreated to see how long it would take for them to die.  This went on all the way into the 1970s.  Or the secret and forced sterilization of poor women and Native American women, which also went on into the 1970s.  

If a government will say they are going to do a routine medical check and instead sterilize a woman, not just once but possibly 10,000 times, you really want to trust them to be the only ones with guns?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed....just heard about the sterilization of Native American women last year....sounded like something a dictatorship would do.....but it was america .   "We are the government, we're here to help ...you don't need firearms".  Yea right..and this is just the shit we know they did.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#50]
I heard the NG just recently returned from Vietnam.

True or false?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top