Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Like I said, the guy making the money is Freddy Dodge.  
View Quote

Yeah, its not in finding gold, its in selling equipment to find gold.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Probably more money in television.  

If I remember correctly, that claim was producing huge nuggets, but when they said something about the net weight of their hauls it wasn't really that much.  Or at least I remember thinking it was surprisingly low.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last season, Freddy, his brother and Freddy's wife(?) were mining a claim with huge nuggets.  It was shown a few times through the season and Dave worked there until Toad came begging him to become his partner.  What happened to the Dodge bother's claim?  Nothing was ever said anything about it this season, all of the sudden Freddy Dodge was at the Toad claim this year.

If I remember correctly, that claim was producing huge nuggets, but when they said something about the net weight of their hauls it wasn't really that much.  Or at least I remember thinking it was surprisingly low.

Both Freddy Dodge and the company he works for is selling the wash equipment to everyone except Tony, that's the money I am talking about.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Both Freddy Dodge and the company he works for is selling the wash equipment to everyone except Tony, that's the money I am talking about.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last season, Freddy, his brother and Freddy's wife(?) were mining a claim with huge nuggets.  It was shown a few times through the season and Dave worked there until Toad came begging him to become his partner.  What happened to the Dodge bother's claim?  Nothing was ever said anything about it this season, all of the sudden Freddy Dodge was at the Toad claim this year.

Very true.  I didn't think about that.  I imagine the free advertisement is worth a lot to Freddy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Since I cut the cord, what's going on with that Swede's old dredge?

Making money yet?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Parker is a moron; anybody with half a brain knows that the new guy is trouble.  At this point he has somehow weathered the storm, played his role as boss, and got Rick to shake hands with the new guy…now he should tell the new guy "nothing personal, but it's not going to work out, I'd be happy to write you a recommendation" and send him on his way.  Of course that's what he should have done a long time ago.  He has been successful thus far, but I have to think if he wasn't wrapped up in a TV show he wouldn't be able to employ enough people long enough to mine anything.

If he had treated Gene with a little respect and allowed himself to be mentored he'd still have Gene running things.  Rick seems to be a natural leader and is getting stuff done, but there is no replacement for Gene's experience.  Parker is the 2LT, Gene is the platoon sergeant; if Parker would have embraced that type of relationship Gene would have stuck around.
View Quote

Ive been around the trades too long. When rick said he wanted to punch him in the face, my wife said "thats kind of ridiculous to say about a guy you havent met."

I told her that kid was a squirrel, absolutely toxic for a jobsite. It took one smile and one minute on camera and i knew he was a clown. Id fire that kid in heartbeat and take my wife to dinner to celebrate.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Show needs less of Parker and more of Bailey's titties.  They need to show more of her on Gold Rush and not limit her jiggling to The Dirt. Maybe a spin off, Bailey's Gold Rush Home Cooking Show.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Since I cut the cord, what's going on with that Swede's old dredge?
Making money yet?
View Quote

He just started making money by stripping off the overburden and then having the dredge process the pay dirt.
(Gene's idea).

He bought another dredge.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Who's the guy from ARFcom that got a job working for Parker this year?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone have a picture of Bailey?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ive been around the trades too long. When rick said he wanted to punch him in the face, my wife said "thats kind of ridiculous to say about a guy you havent met."

I told her that kid was a squirrel, absolutely toxic for a jobsite. It took one smile and one minute on camera and i knew he was a clown. Id fire that kid in heartbeat and take my wife to dinner to celebrate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Parker is a moron; anybody with half a brain knows that the new guy is trouble.  At this point he has somehow weathered the storm, played his role as boss, and got Rick to shake hands with the new guy…now he should tell the new guy "nothing personal, but it's not going to work out, I'd be happy to write you a recommendation" and send him on his way.  Of course that's what he should have done a long time ago.  He has been successful thus far, but I have to think if he wasn't wrapped up in a TV show he wouldn't be able to employ enough people long enough to mine anything.

If he had treated Gene with a little respect and allowed himself to be mentored he'd still have Gene running things.  Rick seems to be a natural leader and is getting stuff done, but there is no replacement for Gene's experience.  Parker is the 2LT, Gene is the platoon sergeant; if Parker would have embraced that type of relationship Gene would have stuck around.

100% agree. And it's hard to fault Parker too much for being ignorant of that little turds approach. Parker doesn't strike me as a guy who's been an employee. He's been the boss from day 1, and before that he worked "with" his grandpa, not for him, so he was untouchable anyway. I think it would do him a lot of good to listen to his employees in that situation, but I don't expect him to do that. A few episodes ago I saw grandpa John say that you can't make money if you chase off the help. Well, Parker lost one good guy already and now he's chasing his most loyal employee, Rick, out? It doesn't seem like he's learned a damn thing. Rick has every right to be pissed off.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#11]
You guys ever watch the TV show "The Dirt"?.
Nothing to worry about Parker and Rick.

I think Parker's mom pays Rick to be his bodyguard.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yeah, Parker does not know how to talk to people.

I was hoping the crew would tell him new guy leaves or we all leave.
View Quote

he lacks people skills

Earlier in the season they had a crab fest or something

He ended up pissing off his entire crew last year too

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:25:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Parker has better gold producing land than Toad does.

Toad had the better operation up until Parker brought in Goldzilla.

So, was the teaser about Toad asking Parker if they wanted to join forces?  
View Quote

I hate Toad, the epitome of chucklefuckery

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:29:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Rockefeller made his money in refining oil.  Not finding it

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I still do not know why Tony is having to modify the dredge so much. It worked well back in the day.

Is it because he ripped it apart and it was not put together correctly?
Seems like something is off.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I still do not know why Tony is having to modify the dredge so much. It worked well back in the day.

View Quote

Oh back then if it wasn't a klinker it was a waste of time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense, but then again wouldn't Tony realize that and plan accordingly?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Using epoxy to make splines for a drive flange? C'mon man, fuck. Tier Juan knows what the fuck is up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Waiting for toad to bring on the second plant.  They teased it weeks ago.  He's going to run two plants to wash that pile of pay he's got.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Using epoxy to make splines for a drive flange? C'mon man, fuck. Tier Juan knows what the fuck is up.
View Quote
That was seriously retarded even for Todd and that's saying alot.

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did Dave tell Juan? Its not gonna work, he towed the company line.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, Tier Juan knows his stuff

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Note to self, don't lend out mining equipment to Parker he won't take care of it
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Parker's hauling in the the gold though
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#25]
They act like Tony's dredge will pay for itself if it digs up 1000 oz of gold, probably spent another $500K moving it, labor and all, took a whole season.

How much does a team member make anyway?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I can't see them making much over $20 an hour, being on TV is probably partial payment.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#27]
No show tonight I guess
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
No show tonight I guess
View Quote

It's on here (DirecTV).
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's on here (DirecTV).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No show tonight I guess

It's on here (DirecTV).

Yeah, the guide is messed up
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Less and less derp every episode for the most part. These fools are raking in the gold.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Less and less derp every episode for the most part. These fools are raking in the gold.
View Quote

The gold stacking up BUT the real question is, if they paid the real world price for equipment, maintenance, business overhead, fuel, labor, housing, food, transportation, interest on financed purchases, ect.  would the profit margin be better than building roads or excavating for houses in the lower 48?

I'm not sure it would. If they wanted to do a real reality show they would include costs next to gold total at the end of the show.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
The gold stacking up BUT the real question is, if they paid the real world price for equipment, maintenance, business overhead, fuel, labor, housing, food, transportation, interest on financed purchases, ect.  would the profit margin be better than building roads or excavating for houses in the lower 48?

I'm not sure it would. If they wanted to do a real reality show they would include costs next to gold total at the end of the show.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What real-world mine doesn't get a hookup on equipment, though? Hell, the materials and tools we use at work come with a slick discount, and we're no gold miners.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Did I miss Parker's butt buddy this week or did he finally can the little bitch?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What real-world mine doesn't get a hookup on equipment, though? Hell, the materials and tools we use at work come with a slick discount, and we're no gold miners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you saying that all mines get free equipment and some of their diesel paid for by the manufacturer?

Entire divisions and sometimes entire companies focus strictly on large mine equipment. They dont do that for free. When large companies lose money on a division, they shut it down. They get a large discount if they buy a lot but they sure as hell dont get it for free or below cost unless its a prototype unit. Anytime you have a fleet of equipment you will get a discount off normal pricing. Hardly a "hookup".

The scale these gold miners are on, isnt any bigger than any of the thousands of small scale excavation companies across the country. The dirtwork guy i use has more equipment than parker or todd has and we arent in a big city by any means. Just an average guy moving some dirt.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Are you saying that all mines get free equipment and some of their diesel paid for by the manufacturer?

Entire divisions and sometimes entire companies focus strictly on large mine equipment. They dont do that for free. When large companies lose money on a division, they shut it down. They get a large discount if they buy a lot but they sure as hell dont get it for free or below cost unless its a prototype unit. Anytime you have a fleet of equipment you will get a discount off normal pricing. Hardly a "hookup".
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

By hookup, I meant discount. Nothing is free in this world.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The miners on tv are getting a lot more than a standard fleet discount due to the show. Im nobody and i get a decent discount on pickups through the fleet program.

A couple seasons ago parkers mom had a big diesel bill in her hand. If you paused it you could read "will volvo pay this?" handwritten on it. I think that says a lot of about what goes on behind the scenes.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#37]

A couple seasons ago parkers mom had a big diesel bill in her hand. If you paused it you could read "will volvo pay this?" handwritten on it. I think that says a lot of about what goes on behind the scenes.

BINGO, notice how many corporate logos and badges are blanked out in the show. Although Parker did a live Q&A on Facebook yesterday where he said he was surprised at how good Volvo was in terms of their rocktrucks and loaders (I think) and that he now preferred them over Cat. He seemed to be genuine in that statement, I don't see Parker as being good at lying. Besides the vast majority of the units being run up there are used and old..remember in the early seasons he had Cat dozers that were 20+ years old.

There's so much we don't know or see about the day to day operations of the mines, and the editing is creative to say the least. Not to mention many "problems" are edited in out of chronological order. Last night Parker was perfectly justified to rip Rick and the night shift loader a new one for all the damage to the feeder deck.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

The miners on tv are getting a lot more than a standard fleet discount due to the show. Im nobody and i get a decent discount on pickups through the fleet program.

View Quote

Well sure, but consider this: They're being asked to act for the show, but not being compensated as actors. Remember what Big Boot Dakota Fred said? "Want me to act? Pay me what an actor makes. Otherwise, I'm out." So if they're receiving compensation in the form of equipment/machinery and fuel hookups, I'm not too bummed. I wanna see these bastards mine gold, not repair POS rigs and wash plants.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Monica Beets, would you guys hit it?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Someone with real world gold mining experience told us in one of these Gold Rush threads that Volvo equipment was crap and that they were giving it to Parker for "product placement".

Toad sure got a shitload of gold this week.

I have to wonder how much gold Tony would be taking if he set up his dredge on Parker's claim or over at his main claim.

Gene did get the dredge working pretty well this season and by running an extra 30 buckets an hour it looks like Tony has found the ticket to producing gold.

It looks to me like none of those guys do any preventative maintenance, they just run the shit until it breaks down.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what they make paper bags, doggy style, light switches and tequila for.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

No sir.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Someone with real world gold mining experience told us in one of these Gold Rush threads that Volvo equipment was crap and that they were giving it to Parker for "product placement".

I have to wonder how much gold Tony would be taking if he set up his dredge on Parker's claim or over at his main claim.

Gene did get the dredge working pretty well this season and by running an extra 30 buckets an hour it looks like Tony has found the ticket to producing gold.

It looks to me like none of those guys do any preventative maintenance, they just run the shit until it breaks down.

View Quote

If those mining dredges were very efficient. Tony Beets would not have one.  It would have still been in use.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The scale these gold miners are on, isnt any bigger than any of the thousands of small scale excavation companies across the country. The dirtwork guy i use has more equipment than parker or todd has and we arent in a big city by any means. Just an average guy moving some dirt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what they lose on equipment price, they make up for in parts.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If those mining dredges were very efficient. Tony Beets would not have one.  It would have still been in use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The dredges stopped being used when the price of gold made running them unprofitable, not because of their efficiency.

Tony's dredge stopped being used in 1966 when the price of gold went bust, it was reactivated in 1979 when the price of gold went back up and when the gold market went bust in 1987 it was once again shut down.

When the price of gold drops to the point where it's unprofitable for Tony to run it, it will be mothballed once again.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

You notice that dredge isn't working ground with 20 feet of overburden that has to be removed first?  Tony didn't want Gene to use equipment to move 5 feet of overburden until Gene showed him they could make it pay.

That dredge probably couldn't operate on the same kind of ground the others are working.  It looks more like the dredges are used on actual stream beds and river beds.  The 2nd dredge Tony is purchasing appeared to be sitting on an actual seasonal river bed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well sure, but consider this: They're being asked to act for the show, but not being compensated as actors. Remember what Big Boot Dakota Fred said? "Want me to act? Pay me what an actor makes. Otherwise, I'm out." So if they're receiving compensation in the form of equipment/machinery and fuel hookups, I'm not too bummed. I wanna see these bastards mine gold, not repair POS rigs and wash plants.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are leaving out the important part of what he said. He specifically said that the only main camps were being paid significant amounts of money but he got almost nothing. Hence the final statement that you are talking about.

A lot of the payment is fuel and equipment but from the phrasing of the statements ive heard, i think its cash also.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:14:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

A big titted blonde in alaska? You wouldnt keep me away from her.

You could drop me off in the woods, 500 miles away, with a few survival supplies, and id find her.

On a scale of 1-10, she is a 91 in alaska.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:31:46 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Did I miss Parker's butt buddy this week or did he finally can the little bitch?
View Quote

Butt Buddy is missing

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top