Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
oil pan cracked on one of the big dozer's

Tony blew up a pump

Oil pan was an elementary fix. Weld it with a high nickel-content rod, JB Weld, or silicone, and get back out there.

Great episode!

When they said it would take 2 weeks to get it, i thought "oh neat, the city folk viewers will get to see a legit field repair."

Then he starting slobbing mayonnaise all over it and i thought "hmm, reminds me of the mexicans at the dairy that fix everything with nitrile gloves and twine."

Haha!
I was surprised it held.

Bar of soap rubbed into the crack would have worked also
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#2]
When they are talking about "yards of dirt moved " it cant be cubic yards. I mean that would be impossible. WTF?
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 10:36:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What happened to gene on the dredge?  Last night Tony was referring to someone else as the new dredge boss.
View Quote

The voice over said Gene was on vacation when Tony was talking to his kids about running the dredge.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The voice over said Gene was on vacation when Tony was talking to his kids about running the dredge.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happened to gene on the dredge?  Last night Tony was referring to someone else as the new dredge boss.

So in "reality" the producers got Tony to retask Gene and put the kids in charge to create a little drama.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So in "reality" the producers got Tony to retask Gene and put the kids in charge to create a little drama.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somebody's gotta run it when Gene ain't in town. So that's what happened.

The only bonehead thing I saw was them using a cable to tether Dumitt's loader to the new plant while Mitch trucked it over to the cut. Seriously folks, CHAIN > cable, at least within these type of applications. Or shit, use both!

Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The only bonehead thing I saw was them using a cable to tether Dumitt's loader to the new plant while Mitch trucked it over to the cut. Seriously folks, CHAIN > cable, at least within these type of applications. Or shit, use both!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somehow Tony doesn't seem the vacation granting type.  Gene hasn't really worked for Tony that long.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Somehow Tony doesn't seem the vacation granting type.  Gene hasn't really worked for Tony that long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

... Yeah that's a good point.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Exactly what I was thinking. Braze or weld it up and be done with it. Save the new oil pan as a spare when it arrives and get back to dozing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
oil pan cracked on one of the big dozer's

Tony blew up a pump

Oil pan was an elementary fix. Weld it with a high nickel-content rod, JB Weld, or silicone, and get back out there.

Great episode!

Exactly what I was thinking. Braze or weld it up and be done with it. Save the new oil pan as a spare when it arrives and get back to dozing.

Even my wife, who knows nothing about heavy equipment or welding, asked me "Can't they just weld it?"
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:27:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When they are talking about "yards of dirt moved " it cant be cubic yards. I mean that would be impossible. WTF?
View Quote

What else would they be talking about? Yards are how dirt is measured.

It sure as heck isnt square yards, thats an area measurement, not volume. And it definitely isnt normal yards, thats a length measurment.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I suck at trimming quotes.

-------bar of soap rubbed into the crack would have worked also-------

I thought i had accidentally clicked on a thread about prison when i read that response.

A lot of things would work. Replacing it or brazing it are the correct ways. Why mickey mouse a repair on a piece of equipment worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Id be shocked if they actually used the pan with the mayonnaise on it, i think they just did that for the camera. It makes no sense to use that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Parker has a lot of ambition and guts, hope it pays off for him.

Toad is a dick
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:31:40 PM EDT
[#12]
That was a crazy pick.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:37:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

That was a crazy pick.
View Quote
Wrong thread?

Link Posted: 1/4/2016 12:00:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Wrong thread?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That was a crazy pick.
Wrong thread?  

lol, yeah.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 12:28:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

lol, yeah.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was a crazy pick.
Wrong thread?  

lol, yeah.

It was a crazy pick tho.

Link Posted: 1/4/2016 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It was a crazy pick tho.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was a crazy pick.
Wrong thread?  

lol, yeah.

It was a crazy pick tho.  

lol, yeah it was.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

sure it can.

those rock trucks they use (dumptrucks) hold about 15-20 yards of dirt and the excavators they use can hold about 5 or 6 yards per bucket. So 3 or 4 scoops each to fill.

Link Posted: 1/4/2016 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
sure it can.

those rock trucks they use (dumptrucks) hold about 15-20 yards of dirt and the excavators they use can hold about 5 or 6 yards per bucket. So 3 or 4 scoops each to fill.

O.K. So 100 yards is 100 cubic yards. So that's 100 x 100 x 100 yards? and there moving 100+ yards through the wash plant an hour? I find that very hard to believe or is my math AFU?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
sure it can.

O.K. So 100 yards is 100 cubic yards. So that's 100 x 100 x 100 yards? and there moving 100+ yards through the wash plant an hour? I find that very hard to believe or is my math AFU?

Link Posted: 1/4/2016 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
sure it can.

I think they are running a few hundred yards an hour, figure a dump truck every 3 to 5 minutes.

Your math is off, plug it into a volume calculator. Volume grows quickly as the dimensions grow. 100 yards isnt even 5 yards x 5 yards x 5 yards because of the layering if you can picture that.

5 cubes wide each direction is 25 yard cubes per layer. 5 layers high would make it 125 cubes total. If that makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
sure it can.

No, it would be 1 yard X 1 yard X 100 yards.

100 x 100 x 100 yards would be 1,000,000 yards.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 12:32:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sure it can.

100x100x100 is not 100

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:13:20 AM EDT
[#22]
just watched it, once again Parker manages to piss off his entire crew except for his new butt buddy mechanic

Toad and company came up short  Showed Glory Hole Jack with the gold in the cleanout shack guess they dont trust him.  I wouldn't.

Tony's hitting the jackpot over 300 oz!

Monica has nice tits
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 3:49:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Parker once again shows his lack of people skills.  Makes one mechanic quit and possible Rick because of some sleezy rat faced asshole who kisses his ass. Parker is a dumb fuck.

Tony trolling everyone with his clean out.

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 4:33:53 AM EDT
[#24]
"Lake Todd"?

Parker back to being an immature kid.  Listen to Chris Doumitt at least, a guy doesn't get to look 45 when he's over 60 by being stupid.

I know I'm probably falling for the sympathetic editing and "go girl" message, but Tony's kids are surprisingly okay.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

"Lake Todd"?

Parker back to being an immature kid.  Listen to Chris Doumitt at least, a guy doesn't get to look 45 when he's over 60 by being stupid.

I know I'm probably falling for the sympathetic editing and "go girl" message, but Tony's kids are surprisingly okay.
View Quote
Doumitt is over 60?

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Is Parker coming out of the closet hiring his pole smoking buddy and pissing his whole crew off?  In a week or two it may just be him and his new girl friend running the whole kit and caboodle.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:02:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Doumitt is over 60?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Doumitt is over 60?

He's listed as 59 in most places on the net, and I think that was a few seasons ago.  I remember being shocked when I heard it on one of the interview shows.

Quoted:
Is Parker coming out of the closet hiring his pole smoking buddy and pissing his whole crew off?  In a week or two it may just be him and his new girl friend running the whole kit and caboodle.

I've never been a Rick fan, other than his t-shirts, but that new guy does have a punchable face.  However, refusing to even meet the guy is lame.  You might be able to wolf stare him enough to get his to straighten up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:17:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've never been a Rick fan, other than his t-shirts, but that new guy does have a punchable face.  However, refusing to even meet the guy is lame.  You might be able to wolf stare him enough to get his to straighten up.

I'm with Rick. He was already hearing shit from other people on the crew about Parker's new hire before he got back to the claim. I'd be pissed too if I came back on the job and before I got there all hell broke loose because of some dipshit. Parker can see the new mechanic is an idiot but he's to hard headed to admit he's wrong. Everything has to be Parkers idea. If anyone else's idea is better Parker gets angry and says he's still doing it his way. This is why Gene is left.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:21:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Parker is a jackass more often than not. I mean he certainly knows how to mine, but his interpersonal communication skills are atrocious. He allows some new kid on the block to drive a wedge between his buttcheeks, and between him and his crew and he fails to acknowledge it. What a child. Rick should've told him what to do when he asked: "Get our other mechanic back up here and fire this fucking idiot! He doesn't belong here."

Todd was short but that's okay; they had downtime.

Tony CRUSHED it with that 318oz cleanup, holy smokes. And Monica has some bouncy tots. (o Y o)

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#30]
I think I skipped back a few times on the DVR just to watch Monica's tits jiggle all over the place when she was bouncing the truck all over the place.  She chubbed out over the last few years from when Parker first went up to Tony's claim to check out the Yukon.

Earlier in the season Parker wasn't even showing up on the claim his workers had mentioned, he was just letting Rick run everything and the workers complained he was showing up once a week and bitching.  Then he hires his new butt buddy while Rick is gone on his emergency and the place falls apart.  Wonder how many more will walk of the claim next week.

Heck, his stripping in digging ground for the season is probably done, all they have to do is feed the shaker and sluice gold for the remaining weeks from the stockpile of pay dirt , but he needs mechanics to keep the loader and shaker machinery working.  If the other decent mechanic walks Parker is going to be shut down early.  Probably figured he could get the veterans to quit and not have to pay them for the rest of the season when he gets his father and grandfather to show up to run equipment for him.  Where's his younger brother?  Keep the money in the family and screw his veteran workers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Parker is a jackass more often than not. I mean he certainly knows how to mine, but his interpersonal communication skills are atrocious. He allows some new kid on the block to drive a wedge between his buttcheeks, and between him and his crew and he fails to acknowledge it. What a child. Rick should've told him what to do when he asked: "Get our other mechanic back up here and fire this fucking idiot! He doesn't belong here."

Todd was short but that's okay; they had downtime.

Tony CRUSHED it with that 318oz cleanup, holy smokes. And Monica has some bouncy tots. (o Y o)

View Quote
that 318 isnt from the dredge

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Parkers due for a visit from his Grandpa. Seems like Grandpa has to come along every few weeks to tell Parker to stop being a little bitch to his crew.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:05:52 AM EDT
[#33]
409oz???????

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

Game over, game over man.......
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 1:49:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
409oz???????

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

View Quote

That's sweet.  I wish we had got to see them mine it.  The Rick / Derek handshake controversy was all we got this episode (and the last one)
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:04:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
409oz???????

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

View Quote

Tony beets wins. A couple fellas, a generator, and 2 pieces of old equipment running half the week vs a fleet of big machinery working as many hours as possible? Tony beets is kicking the shit out of everyone else if he can maintain what he is doing.

Its not as dramatic, not as flashy. Boring as shit for the workers but he's winning. Tony beets is that plain looking girl you took to prom bc she was a sure thing if you showed her some attention. Tell her she's beautiful and she'd take it in the sluice box.

400 ounces is still impressive though, despite what it cost to get. Lot of gold. If you could hit even a few good weeks like that a year and normal weeks the rest of the season you'd make pretty good money.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:11:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Yeah, Parker does not know how to talk to people.
I was hoping the crew would tell him new guy leaves or we all leave.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Just now watching the new episode.

Last week, when Parker told Rick that things were fine while he was away, and Rick mumbled a "Yeah," he missed a golden opportunity to reveal the crew's fracture. He should've said, "Things WEREN'T fine while I was away. You had a crew member quit!"

No way I'd trade Carl's expertise for that other dude. No fk'n way. That guy looks like a total clown.

ETA: Holy shit! 409oz! Amazing. And Gene is a fucking mining wizard.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Parker is a moron; anybody with half a brain knows that the new guy is trouble.  At this point he has somehow weathered the storm, played his role as boss, and got Rick to shake hands with the new guy…now he should tell the new guy "nothing personal, but it's not going to work out, I'd be happy to write you a recommendation" and send him on his way.  Of course that's what he should have done a long time ago.  He has been successful thus far, but I have to think if he wasn't wrapped up in a TV show he wouldn't be able to employ enough people long enough to mine anything.

If he had treated Gene with a little respect and allowed himself to be mentored he'd still have Gene running things.  Rick seems to be a natural leader and is getting stuff done, but there is no replacement for Gene's experience.  Parker is the 2LT, Gene is the platoon sergeant; if Parker would have embraced that type of relationship Gene would have stuck around.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Parker is a moron; anybody with half a brain knows that the new guy is trouble.  At this point he has somehow weathered the storm, played his role as boss, and got Rick to shake hands with the new guy…now he should tell the new guy "nothing personal, but it's not going to work out, I'd be happy to write you a recommendation" and send him on his way.  Of course that's what he should have done a long time ago.  He has been successful thus far, but I have to think if he wasn't wrapped up in a TV show he wouldn't be able to employ enough people long enough to mine anything.

If he had treated Gene with a little respect and allowed himself to be mentored he'd still have Gene running things.  Rick seems to be a natural leader and is getting stuff done, but there is no replacement for Gene's experience.  Parker is the 2LT, Gene is the platoon sergeant; if Parker would have embraced that type of relationship Gene would have stuck around.
View Quote
Spot on.  Parker has a pretty big ego and he can't judge people for shit.  He's lost  a lot of good people because he's arrogant and has no people skills. Anyone else can see the new guys a sleazy little shit talker/starter. Rick shook his hand and apologize and the little weasel still bitches...

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Spot on.  Parker has a pretty big ego and he can't judge people for shit.  He's lost  a lot of good people because he's arrogant and has no people skills. Anyone else can see the new guys a sleazy little shit talker/starter. Rick shook his hand and apologize and the little weasel still bitches...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps artificial drama for the camera?

Isn't it funny how the camera is right there when drama ensues and catches the guy running to shut the plant down ......

Or right there when Parker is having one of his hissie fits ......

Or right there when something starts to go wrong with the bucket-line on the dredge and happens to record it .......

Some real coincidences!!!!!!!

Be real boring if it was just digging and hauling - they'd have to just film the clean-outs.

Great show, but has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Of course aren't mostly all reality shows like this?

Not exactly COPS/48-Hours/Night-Watch.

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Tony beets wins. A couple fellas, a generator, and 2 pieces of old equipment running half the week vs a fleet of big machinery working as many hours as possible? Tony beets is kicking the shit out of everyone else if he can maintain what he is doing.

Its not as dramatic, not as flashy. Boring as shit for the workers but he's winning. Tony beets is that plain looking girl you took to prom bc she was a sure thing if you showed her some attention. Tell her she's beautiful and she'd take it in the sluice box.

400 ounces is still impressive though, despite what it cost to get. Lot of gold. If you could hit even a few good weeks like that a year and normal weeks the rest of the season you'd make pretty good money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
409oz???????

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

Tony wins with the lowest cost per yard to extract the gold.

"Tony is counting on the dredge’s solid reputation for efficiency to make his investment pay off. Its big advantage is that it requires far less fuel and manpower than the conventional method. For example, the dredge only uses 10 gallons of diesel fuel an hour - but for Todd's and Parker’s operations, the machines are using more like 10 gallons a minute!"

http://www.discoveryuk.com/shows/gold-rush/features/top-10-gold-dredge-facts/
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah I agree. Gene and Rick are your grizzled SNCOs. Those dudes run the shit and you can't afford to let those dudes go. Derrick-fucking-new-guy should've hit the bricks two weeks ago.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Doumitt is over 60?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Lake Todd"?

Doumitt is over 60?  

And he has a brain tumor..
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Isn't it funny how the camera is right there when drama ensues and catches the guy running to shut the plant down ......
Or right there when something starts to go wrong with the bucket-line on the dredge and happens to record it .......
Be real boring if it was just digging and hauling - they'd have to just film the clean-outs.
actly COPS/48-Hours/Night-Watch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

actly COPS/48-Hours/Night-Watch.

Have you ever watched any of the "behind the scene" clips?

They record a shitload of material just to get that 15 second clip.
There are cameras and camera people all around the claim, Parker gets his own crew as do various members of the crew at various times.
It takes a lot for them to get that shot.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Gene convinced Tony to strip away the overburden before the dredge gets to it.
It worked.
There goes Tony's cheap plan.

Now what Tony needs to do is start running a D-11 and a couple of those belly loaders instead of a loader to move that overburden.
I think that where Tony is running his dredge has already been mined at one point in time since there's a lot of crap in that overburden.

And Tony bought another dredge!

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Parker has better gold producing land than Toad does.
Toad had the better operation up until Parker brought in Goldzilla.

So, was the teaser about Toad asking Parker if they wanted to join forces?  
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Like I said, the guy making the money is Freddy Dodge.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Parker has a pretty big ego and he can't judge people for shit.  He's lost  a lot of good people because he's arrogant and has no people skills. Anyone else can see the new guys a sleazy little shit talker/starter. Rick shook his hand and apologize and the little weasel still bitches...  
View Quote

The prior week Parker was complaining to Rick he didn't have any friends on the claim except his dog.  Rick has been working for Parker for four years when it was just him and Parker and one or two others on the Big Nugget claim.  The FNG is a kiss as who is so far up Parker's ass that when Parker eats the FNG can taste the food.  Parker looks at him like his new friend in school that tells him how cool he is.

I am waiting for the FNG to screw something up and cost Parker big $$$.  Parker won't be able to get rid of him fast enough.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last season, Freddy, his brother and Freddy's wife(?) were mining a claim with huge nuggets.  It was shown a few times through the season and Dave worked there until Toad came begging him to become his partner.  What happened to the Dodge bother's claim?  Nothing was ever said anything about it this season, all of the sudden Freddy Dodge was at the Toad claim this year.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Last season, Freddy, his brother and Freddy's wife(?) were mining a claim with huge nuggets.  It was shown a few times through the season and Dave worked there until Toad came begging him to become his partner.  What happened to the Dodge bother's claim?  Nothing was ever said anything about it this season, all of the sudden Freddy Dodge was at the Toad claim this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably more money in television.  

If I remember correctly, that claim was producing huge nuggets, but when they said something about the net weight of their hauls it wasn't really that much.  Or at least I remember thinking it was surprisingly low.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top