BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol I have been to Flagstaff once, but you're right, I haven't been to NAU.  I was of course just joking
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should I take a guess at what fraternity was involved?

Theta Lamda Rho (TLR)?  Aka, Thug Life fo' Real?

So you've never been to Flagstaff or NAU either?

Lol I have been to Flagstaff once, but you're right, I haven't been to NAU.  I was of course just joking

I have family in Flagstaff and NAU was one of the 4 schools I considered. The lack of diversity would sickenate the race baiters.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]
News flash:  Crazy people are out there doing crazy shit 24/7.  

There is no big mind-control conspiracy here.  The media just shines a spotlight on whatever the propaganda-du-jour is, and right now it is gun control.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Social Change Through Crisis Management.....If you do not have a crisis one can be manufactured for you by our team of experts.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:50:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Anchor chick: "In our top story today at noon, a mass shooting on a Arizona college campus with hundreds dead and thousands critically wounded......"
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have family in Flagstaff and NAU was one of the 4 schools I considered. The lack of diversity would sickenate the race baiters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should I take a guess at what fraternity was involved?

Theta Lamda Rho (TLR)?  Aka, Thug Life fo' Real?

So you've never been to Flagstaff or NAU either?

There can be white thugs *shrugs*...doesn't always have to be diversified for thugs to thug.

That said, I'm not surprised that a school in Flagstaff doesn't have diverse demographics.  Didn't really seem like the place that people hung out other than Caucasians.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Technically they're making criminals with guns look bad, the media has just brainwashed everyone into believe they are law abiding citizens. That one decision is what seperates us from them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
God damnit!!! Why can't people just chill the fuck out and stop making law abiding gun owners look bad!

Technically they're making criminals with guns look bad, the media has just brainwashed everyone into believe they are law abiding citizens. That one decision is what seperates us from them.

Funny, I was thinking along those lines as well... these guys are obviously not "law abiding" gun owners since murder is, ya know, illegal.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#7]
http://abcnews.go.com/US/deadly-shooting-reported-northern-arizona-universitys-flagstaff-campus/story?id=34363113

A fight that broke out between two groups of students at Northern Arizona University’s Flagstaff campus left one person dead and three hospitalized after one of the students shot the others with a handgun.
The shooter has been identified as Steven Jones, an 18-year-old freshman at the school, who has been taken into custody by campus police, according to NAU police chief Greg Fowler.
The names and ages of the victims have not been publicly released, but Fowler said they were all male students at the school.
Obama Considers Executive Action On Gun Background Checks
Fowler said that the altercation started at 1:20 a.m. when "several of our students, two separate student groups got into a confrontation."
Campus police arrived at the scene and apprehended Jones "without further trouble," Fowler said.
It is unclear what sparked the shooting, which took place near Mountain View Hall, a dormitory that houses most of the campus' students involved in Greek organizations.
Fowler said that none of the violence happened inside any residence halls.
Fowler said that the school's alert messaging was sent out "rather quickly," but a student who was in the audience at the new conference this morning told Fowler that he received the text alert at 2:52 a.m., more than an hour and a half after the shooting. Fowler said that "sometimes it takes us a little bit of time to stabilize the information" but added that the text was "a precautionary measure" as opposed to one telling students to actively take cover.
Fowler noted that the Arizona Board of Regents prohibits students form carrying guns around campus but students are allowed to store them in their car.
View Quote

Using a gun in the middle of an ongoing fight, any chance of this being self defense?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How many dead and wounded in Chicago last night?

They're trying to push a narrative, it's all propaganda.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/deadly-shooting-reported-northern-arizona-universitys-flagstaff-campus/story?id=34363113

Using a gun in the middle of an ongoing fight, any chance of this being self defense?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A fight that broke out between two groups of students at Northern Arizona University’s Flagstaff campus left one person dead and three hospitalized after one of the students shot the others with a handgun.
The shooter has been identified as Steven Jones, an 18-year-old freshman at the school, who has been taken into custody by campus police, according to NAU police chief Greg Fowler.
The names and ages of the victims have not been publicly released, but Fowler said they were all male students at the school.
Fowler said that the altercation started at 1:20 a.m. when "several of our students, two separate student groups got into a confrontation."
Campus police arrived at the scene and apprehended Jones "without further trouble," Fowler said.
It is unclear what sparked the shooting, which took place near Mountain View Hall, a dormitory that houses most of the campus' students involved in Greek organizations.
Fowler said that the school's alert messaging was sent out "rather quickly," but a student who was in the audience at the new conference this morning told Fowler that he received the text alert at 2:52 a.m., more than an hour and a half after the shooting. Fowler said that "sometimes it takes us a little bit of time to stabilize the information" but added that the text was "a precautionary measure" as opposed to one telling students to actively take cover.
Fowler noted that the Arizona Board of Regents prohibits students form carrying guns around campus but students are allowed to store them in their car.

No.
Not part of the script

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Has the media id'd the weapon?   I am betting a fully automatic 12 gauge Ak15 with hi cap clip and barrel shroud.......you know, the shoulder thingy that goes up.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Another press conference in the next few minutes.

http://www.abc15.com/live
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There can be white thugs *shrugs*...doesn't always have to be diversified for thugs to thug.

That said, I'm not surprised that a school in Flagstaff doesn't have diverse demographics.  Didn't really seem like the place that people hung out other than Caucasians.
View Quote

Funny story about about a "thug" I met from Flagstaff when I lived in Phoenix.  White kid, drove a late 80s Honda or Toyota that could barely run that he insisted he was in the process of turning it into a Fast and Furious rice burner.  His name was Jason but insisted to be called "Playa 69" as that was his MySpace name.  He died from doing some bad coke before he was 22.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Over pussy, drugs or hazing gone too far

they are alteady saying it's all isolated
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like a fight that escalated to defensive use of a handgun, not some kid on a rampage. Would be hilarious if the media tries to spin it as a massacre and it turns out that the kid was defending himself legitimately. In any case, it surely doesn't look like a crazy jackass shooting up a classroom for a body count before offing himself.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Was wondering this myself.

Group of guys get jumped by others, somebody gets shot.

Some folks might have deserved to catch a bullet.
There are people who have this view that a "fight" goes down where there is a punch up, some guys get knocked down, a winner is declared and everybody goes on their way.
Take a look at some videos on Worldstar and the like to see how a lot of fights end. A lot of times unconscious people are getting their heads stomped on and/or kicked in the face.

IMO, a "fight" like that can be grounds for use of deadly force.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Yahoo news shows the same image of a grieving family that was shown for the Oregon shooting. I wonder how many fucking times they've used that one?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I attended NAU and was a student employee of the University Police Department. Very glad to hear no one I worked with was injured in any way, and I know they will do a good job with the investigation.

No campus carry in Arizona.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Funny story about about a "thug" I met from Flagstaff when I lived in Phoenix.  White kid, drove a late 80s Honda or Toyota that could barely run that he insisted he was in the process of turning it into a Fast and Furious rice burner.  His name was Jason but insisted to be called "Playa 69" as that was his MySpace name.  He died from doing some bad coke before he was 22.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I think I've heard this 30-35 times before I got to work. No info but McCain has already jumped in. I am not serious but I have this sense they are going to rename a mountain or maybe the Hoover dam over this.
It is a tragedy but the media is hyper. Sorry for the families of the dec and injured.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:51:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Ok is this some kind of False Flag?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

1:30 am?  

Sounds like someone got disrespected.
View Quote
Or didn't pay fo dey dope
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#23]
My oldest daughter is attending there now, my oldest son texted me about 4A to advise of the incident but I was sound asleep seeing as how I just got home from work a couple hours prior.  From everything I've read is is a shooting at a school not a school shooting...huge difference.  Sounds like a couple of the different frats may have gotten into it. At 0130 hours I suspect alcohol factors in heavily.

Mountain View is the "Greek" dorm, all of the fraternities and sororities  are housed at Mountain View.  Mountain View Hall is just down the road from the campus medical center.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
 From everything I've read is is a shooting at a school not a school shooting...huge difference.
View Quote

Not to the media.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#25]
The Shooter was going around asking people if they were in a frat before the shooting happened. It appears he was targeting frat people.
18 year old freshmen, Bet you the handgun wasn't legally obtained.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We need more campus control.
View Quote

We need campus carry for CCW holders

/thread.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The Shooter was going around asking people if they were in a frat before the shooting happened. It appears he was targeting frat people.
18 year old freshmen, Bet you the handgun wasn't legally obtained.
View Quote

Sounds like another antisocial crybaby.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#29]

handgun

We need to make that illegal

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, so far no flags have been blamed.  Yet.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I need to get some tinfoil

Ever since aurora, and fast and furious I keep getting the feeling that these shootings are not random.

That asshat in aurora looked like he had been programed.  I got the same feeling when I heard about Sandy hook or where ever that Yankee school shooting was.

Should I get regular or extra strength Reynolds
View Quote

Do you remember all that standardized testing you took all throughout your school years?

Was any of that personality related?

What happened to all that data?

Who had/has access to it?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

handgun

View Quote
That will show 'em.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That will show 'em.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

handgun

That will show 'em.

They never learn
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My oldest daughter is attending there now, my oldest son texted me about 4A to advise of the incident but I was sound asleep seeing as how I just got home from work a couple hours prior.  From everything I've read is is a shooting at a school not a school shooting...huge difference.  Sounds like a couple of the different frats may have gotten into it. At 0130 hours I suspect alcohol factors in heavily.

Mountain View is the "Greek" dorm, all of the fraternities and sororities  are housed at Mountain View.  Mountain View Hall is just down the road from the campus medical center.
View Quote

No, just ONE guy that was casually hanging out with people. was asking around if they were in a frat, apparently he started some shit because he has something against people in frats, and escalated to shooting.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No, just ONE guy that was casually hanging out with people. was asking around if they were in a frat, apparently he started some shit because he has something against people in frats, and escalated to shooting.
View Quote

Hadn't heard that yet. Maybe he didn't make the cut for one of the frats???

Probably always "earned" an Also Participated trophy in every endeavor.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Another one...

1 dead, 1 hurt in shooting on TSU campus, report says; school on lockdown, gunman sought

ETA: student housing complex, not school.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Another one...

1 dead, 1 hurt in shooting on TSU campus, report says; school on lockdown, gunman sought

ETA: student housing complex, not school.  
View Quote

Summer of the Shark.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where did you read this?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Someone made these commentd on an Instagram post the shooter made last week.

Everybody going off like ya know what happened. Ya need to get ya facts straight. Steve protected himself. He shouldn't have shot them, but he didn't just start blasting off for no,reason
View Quote

like I said I don't agree with him shooting them. But the dude was getting jumped by those 4 people. Its not like,its,random people he shot. He got scared and tried to protect himself. Should ha have bluffed? Yes of coarse. But his actions ain't something so unordinary.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:28:13 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Wonder if they were hazing or rejected a bid from the shooter

Things get real out of hand here with the fraternity and people being seriously hurt is not uncommon . Had people put into comas from frat fights up here but never makes headlines
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#42]
No pictures of the shooter yet?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

/thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/thread.

I thought about it some more and decided the smartest thing they could do is to outlaw 1:00 am. there is some burining angst that causes people to go over the edge around then. we can stop this. We can make a difference. By making a change. Outlaw 1 am.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I thought about it some more and decided the smartest thing they could do is to outlaw 1:00 am. there is some burining angst that causes people to go over the edge around then. we can stop this. We can make a difference. By making a change. Outlaw 1 am.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/thread.

#banthenight
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

His Instagram account

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/steven-jones-7.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=60&h=45&crop=1
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#46]
The shooter was a pledge at Sigma Chi, and reportedly got kicked out of a Delta Chi party.  He returned to the party after some indeterminate time, and that's when the deadly confrontation happened.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:46:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Another press conference in the next few minutes.

http://www.abc15.com/live
View Quote

Why does a  thug on thug confrontation at school garner a press conference? #thuglivesmatter
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://instagram.com/p/4ulAzCNgZ5/
'Merica
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Vice reporting another college shooting in Texas
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Fucking nuts man. This is exactly why you should carry.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top