Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2015 12:08:33 PM EDT
I taught myself to Cerakote.  I was pondering the idea of people selling guns pretty cheap because they're beat up, but fully functional.  Anyone come across guns that are cheaper because they're missing tons of finish?  Not really looking for anything in particular, but just looking for projects to own.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#1]
police trade in anything.

Beretta slide is OP's work

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Gunbroker cdisales, hang on to your wallet.....
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
You can keep an eye on AIM surplus. Most of their guns don't have horrible cosmetic damage. They had police trade in G19s a week or two ago for 350, but they are sold out now.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you looking for the thrown down the driveway look
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Just keep an eye on armslist and the like. Got a perfectly functional ruger Blackhawk for $250 a while back just because it had ridden in a leather holster since it was made I reckon, almost all the finish gone in the holster covered areas. They're out there. Problem is now with cerakote and the like being so popular, there's a lot of competition for best up guns because a lot of folks have the same idea.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Gun buy back promos that offer cheap Target gift cards.

Set up next to them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Even though its not popular here at ol Arfcom, Id suggest gun shows.  

1) The Loophole (obviously)

2) People tend to FTF stuff that looks horrible so they can be "rid" of it

3) No tax if you are a smelly savvy cash negotiator
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Best places to find cosmetically damaged, but still functional firearms
View Quote

France
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Hop on a local FaceBook gun trader page and once you get past all the $2000 Palmetto State AR-15;s and $500 bubba fucked SKS' you may find some decent deals on used and slightly abused guns.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I buy from summitgunbroker.com they have G31 357 sigs with night sights and a mag for 290 bucks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Pawn shops in the hood
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pawn shops in the hood
View Quote

Pawn shops have worked for me.

Mossberg 500 with 20' vent rib barrel and screw in chokes for $109. Works great
Norinco SKS with spike bayonet and wood stock for $250.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Just wait and see if AIM gets any Israeli Hi-powers in again...

I ordered one of the alloy frames and it literally looked like it had been thrown down a driveway, then got run over a few times. Then they had mkii and mkiii hi-powers and I ordered two figuring that the first one was just beat up because it was an alloy frame and that AIM wouldn't be charging what they were charging for run of the mill steel frames in poor shape, nope these were almost as bad. The kicker is I could have ordered from that one guy on Gunbroker who has actual pictures of what you are buying and mostly nice re-finishes for less so I guess in that respect it doesn't meet your "cheaper" criteria..

Oh, and that was with the handpick option on all three, at least they all functioned fine..
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I taught myself to Cerakote.  I was pondering the idea of people selling guns pretty cheap because they're beat up, but fully functional.  Anyone come across guns that are cheaper because they're missing tons of finish?  Not really looking for anything in particular, but just looking for projects to own.
View Quote

My safe
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Kentucky Gun Co. Lists blems quite often.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#17]
NapoleonTannerite's house driveway?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please make this 6906 live again.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I see plenty on every fs/t board, and they're usually listed for " new" prices... "cause they done come with a uncle mike's
holster, Bo, I'll tell you what"
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just wait and see if AIM gets any Israeli Hi-powers in again...

I ordered one of the alloy frames and it literally looked like it had been thrown down a driveway, then got run over a few times. Then they had mkii and mkiii hi-powers and I ordered two figuring that the first one was just beat up because it was an alloy frame and that AIM wouldn't be charging what they were charging for run of the mill steel frames in poor shape, nope these were almost as bad. The kicker is I could have ordered from that one guy on Gunbroker who has actual pictures of what you are buying and mostly nice re-finishes for less so I guess in that respect it doesn't meet your "cheaper" criteria..

Oh, and that was with the handpick option on all three, at least they all functioned fine..
View Quote

I got one of those.  Refinished it and posted it in the Cerakote thread here.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Cabelas...sweet jesus the bubba'd. Mausers, 03s an Enfield I've seen chopped..the horror
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top