BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I RP'd as a female in SecondLife for a while, just so I could hang around the cool sex dungeons.
View Quote

LP and I used to hang out in SL when we first started dating
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I get that there is a G.I.R.L acronym...
then we got an excuse such as "staring at a dude pixel ass all day" or "more fluid animations". bullshit. BULLSHIT. I say.

I had some female bank toons...idk, it was just ...weird. I deleted them and made new ones

They RP as them too
anyone else think thats wrong? Some really weird people playing out their fantasies and they are not even on rp realms..i had lost all faith in humanity. I only got on for 10 days since they gave me free game time again
View Quote

You still play WoW?  

I'm so sorry.

Knew a guy when I played, he would roll a new toon.  Say he was a chick flirt with dudes and take it free items/gold. Then delete it and do it over.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:27:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Honestly, that is weirder to me than playing a fantasy MMO. If you want to play baseball, you can go out and play baseball; if I could *actually* go throw fireballs at people, do you think I'd be sitting at home pretending to do it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think of it as narcissism as much as doing that just makes games more engrossing to me.  I just like roll playing as myself in video game worlds, especially  in games with choices where I try to do what I would do in that situation.

And in sports games, once again, it is much more engrossing.  Hell, in my mlb the show franchise I made myself 3b on my team, and I built myself around the type of player I was when I played.  It really feels like I'm playing a game of ball when I boot up the ps4.

Honestly, that is weirder to me than playing a fantasy MMO. If you want to play baseball, you can go out and play baseball; if I could *actually* go throw fireballs at people, do you think I'd be sitting at home pretending to do it?

I play in a softball league. Playing hardball is something I haven't done in 10 years, and while I still have a couple buddies that play in adult leagues, I like a more laid back approach when it comes to playing.

It is just a lot of fun to create "me" and play against major leaguers in an MLB season.  It is so real nowadays I can even give myself a batting stance that looks just like mine, wear my own number, etc.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
These posts are now infinitely more entertaining.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Wuh wuh wuhhhh wuh th th ththththth fun fuh fuh fuhhhhhhh fffffff fuck

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#6]
It's messed up, though it's also very rare in all the raiding guilds I've been in.

Dudes playing chicks in pen & paper D&D is worse.

ETA: Plenty of chicks raiding (and on voice chat). They're mostly overweight (from their real life pictures on the guild website), but most of their toons are running around in bikini armor.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
then we got an excuse such as "staring at a dude pixel ass all day" or "more fluid animations". bullshit. BULLSHIT. I say.

I had some female bank toons...idk, it was just ...weird. I deleted them and made new ones

They RP as them too
anyone else think thats wrong? Some really weird people playing out their fantasies and they are not even on rp realms..i had lost all faith in humanity. I only got on for 10 days since they gave me free game time again
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey dude I heard you like G.I.R.L. so I got you some G.I.R.L. to go with your G.I.R.L.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:54:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I play female characters whenever possible in games (single player, multi-player, and MMO) but don't RP.

I prefer looking at a cartoon female ass not a male ass, you apparently prefer staring at male anatomy, it's ok I won't judge you.
View Quote

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
These posts are now infinitely more entertaining.
View Quote

It's been enlightening, to say the least. All these neckbeards complaining about how women just use them to get free stuff, but it seems that they are more than willing to do the same when the opportunity presents itself. Perhaps a bit of projection is going into their thoughts on women, as they know what they would be are doing in the same situation.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Don't ever change.
View Quote

Stay gold Ponyboy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Pretty much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I play female characters whenever possible in games (single player, multi-player, and MMO) but don't RP.

I prefer looking at a cartoon female ass not a male ass, you apparently prefer staring at male anatomy, it's ok I won't judge you.

Pretty much.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:06:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much.

HHHHUUUNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I try to make my characters as close to "me" as possible, if those options are available.

I do like some female characters, though... Kate Archer and Lara Croft come to mind
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I didn't make a female char in an MMO for about a year.  Then I made one and realized I got treated differently by the neckbeards, and saw the trolling opportunity.

For a while a good number of people on the server thought that character was actually a girl IRL, and I helped perpetuate that on my main.  The amount of people I got to trust me quick and take me to private locations to give me gear was ridiculous.  At that point all I had to do was kill them and I had their entire respawn timer to loot their shit.  The hate I got from doing that was glorious.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much.

https://static1.e621.net/data/85/0a/850a58698dbfb5672d88d791fe4a7830.gif

Lulz...   More like:

And:

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#17]
WTF?  take your meds.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Don't knock it. I met Little Pony through a common friend playing World of Tanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you can't handle playing a female character, that's going to put a few current and upcoming titles out of your reach (Horizon Zero Dawn, Dishonored 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Mirror's Edge, the list goes on), in addition to excluding the content in games where certain routes/storylines are only available to female characters.

Sure there are weirdos out there, but I don't even care about people's gender in an online game. I'm there to play, not date them in real life. What matters is whether they make group gameplay enjoyable or a chore.

Don't knock it. I met Little Pony through a common friend playing World of Tanks

Great to hear that it worked out for you.

It seems to me though that a number of people complaining about this topic are those folks who tried to hit on another player, only to be disappointed. It is as if they feel entitled enough to make other people's character creation their business just to improve their chances of getting laid online.

If anything, I find that more pathetic than the idea of even playing a character of the opposite gender.

I even recall some girl gamers complaining about getting harassed online, so they rolled with male characters, though obviously this only works if they aren't using teamspeak/vent.

Anyhow, I stand by my policy, other players' personal lives and info are none of my concern. Guys/girls don't get treated differently.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#19]
back when i used to play i was male undead, female blood elves or human.

biggest reason was the shoulder armor scaling, it wasn't as out of control on the female models.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much.

Lulz...   More like:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk10/Strykewolf/TERA%20Rising/TERA_ScreenShot_20130407_185223_zps8cb2419e.png

And:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk10/Strykewolf/TERA%20Rising/TERA_ScreenShot_20130412_173740_zpsd7687ed3.png

i love tera..
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Aren't you guys a bit old for playing WoW?  
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:38:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I RP'd as a female in SecondLife for a while, just so I could hang around the cool sex dungeons.
View Quote

You should try it IRL, it's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

They RP as them too

View Quote
hey whatever floats your boat,if you prefer dude ass then go for it

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, then I'd have to buy all new shoes. Besides, if I could ever pass as a pretty girl I'd be dead from liver failure the next weekend from all the free drinks I'd accept.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:10:27 AM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much.

female dranei is better..too bad all the weirdos play them too
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:27:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Few of my toons were female. Named them Imahman, Imahguy, Imahdude and Private Manparts. Most players still acted like I was a chick.

Ed:
I did have two female toons named Critmyclit and Bonersheath, but those ones everyone assumed I was a guy, haha. Too crude I guess.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:37:03 AM EDT
[#27]
I tried using a female character in Advanced Warfare a few times, mostly to see if it would induce any hesitation in close conflicts. I didn't keep any numbers, but it seemed like if anything had the opposite affect.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:52:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Couldn't pay me to play original WOW with a male human Paladin. Talk about being "Beta" looking. Later WoW though? Tauren Paladin just because it's a freaking Tauren Paladin? Though I bailed early Cataclysm when it came down to phat loot's or keeping my GPA up over 3.5.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:24:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Don't ever change.
View Quote

Bromance. Total bromance. Give him a hug.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:29:24 AM EDT
[#30]
I knew a guy once who had a girl's name as his online name.  He would bait guys and then have them talk dirty to him and stuff. "It's really funny to do that." He said when people asked him wtf and why?

I don't know how much of a fuck up he was in real life.  But hes messed up in the head.  He was all about that stuff.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:41:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I never make female characters. I don't want anyone to think I'm a female player or treat me like one even though I'm sure I would get free stuff.

Edit: I don't play WoW I play Anarchy Online.
View Quote

this is exactly why some people do it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:55:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I don't play MMO's, but whenever I play I game I get to create the character (like mass effect of fallout) I try to build the character to look as much like me as possible, and name him after myself.

Hell, even in sports games I like to create myself into the game.

There are so many games out there where you are forced to be someone else, I always getting a kick out of making a virtual "me" when I have the chance.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:00:44 AM EDT
[#33]
The wow female models look cooler in my opinion

It's just a game.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:02:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never make female characters. I don't want anyone to think I'm a female player or treat me like one even though I'm sure I would get free stuff.

A friend of mine gave me his female character when he quit playing EVE online.  Within a week of joining a corporation, I was given the best mining barge in the game with a full set of lasers and other upgrades.  It would have taken me months of constant playing to get enough money to buy the setup I was given.  I never pretended to be female either.  Just having the female avatar was enough lol
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:04:55 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Caramelldansen?

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:10:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

A friend of mine gave me his female character when he quit playing EVE online.  Within a week of joining a corporation, I was given the best mining barge in the game with a full set of lasers and other upgrades.  It would have taken me months of constant playing to get enough money to buy the setup I was given.  I never pretended to be female either.  Just having the female avatar was enough lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've known guys who gave apparent females a bunch of free games, then were distraught after finding out these females were actually guys.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I've known guys who gave apparent females a bunch of free games, then were distraught after finding out these females were actually guys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then what fun is playing if everything is given to you. I like a challenge and get bored if things are too easy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roleplaying as a girl or hanging around in sex dungeons?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#40]
It's a game with PvP, and while having a smaller female character isn't a huge advantage, it is AN advantage.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where do we find the IRL sex dungeons?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's a game with PvP, and while having a smaller female character isn't a huge advantage, it is AN advantage.
View Quote

I played a Tauren(not female) for a long time.  I got sick of the damn toon taking up 75% of the damn screen.  It was a pain in the ass.  I eventually changed him over to a Male Blood Elf just to get a more unobstructed view port.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

this is the first time i have ever seen anyone say they played SL other then all the 2005 documentaries about how SL was going to be the next internet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is the first time i have ever seen anyone say they played SL other then all the 2005 documentaries about how SL was going to be the next internet.

I play SL frequently.   I even do some scripting for a few of the items on Marketplace.    

Matter of fact, I've found a bunch of friends on there who are good gun folk, and interested in AR's in particular.  

FWIW though, if you're worried about playing a female character, why would you not also be worried about playing a character who's not even human?

What about a character who's one of the bad guys in whatever setting?  (Doesn't that equate you to being a murderer or bandit or thief)  What about the nominal good guys who steal and loot and pillage their way through whatever game?

What about characters in games who get killed?  That has to be awkward.  

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:06:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  I prefer to look at the supermodel toons I create vs the ugly male versions.

I don't "RP" as one and I don't let anyone think I'm female behind the screen.

If you feel your manhood threatened by playing a female toon, maybe you should look deeper into your psyche.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don't play MMO's, but whenever I play I game I get to create the character (like mass effect of fallout) I try to build the character to look as much like me as possible, and name him after myself.

Hell, even in sports games I like to create myself into the game.

There are so many games out there where you are forced to be someone else, I always getting a kick out of making a virtual "me" when I have the chance.
View Quote

Same, but that makes all my characters girls.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much.

Posting a 621 link in this context is very informative.  I'd be willing to bet we've crossed paths other than ARFCOM.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is now coffee in my nose, thanks..
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Posting a 621 link in this context is very informative.  I'd be willing to bet we've crossed paths other than ARFCOM.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much.

Heh, I didn't even see the source.

I just typed in "female padaren gif" and it came up.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#49]

I play RPGs as if I were actually me in the game.

I try to make my characters at least similar to me or to my self image.

Never played a female character.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#50]
About 2/3 of my characters on EverQuest (Project1999) are female.

Basically, the ones that wear plate are male and the ones that wear cloth are female. Leather-wearers are split.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top