User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How do I activate a power-up on the PC?  I got a vehicle and sat there for a minute trying to figure it out before I got killed sitting there.  Searched online for it and still don't know how to activate it if I get another...
View Quote
1, 2, 3, and 4 are the keypresses for your "deck" (the items on the lower right).

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#2]
How long is the Beta going on for? Hopefully I can try it out tonight.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've been playing for 20 minutes on Hoth and it's fun. I really wanted to hate it but I think it's actually good. I thought it was going to be very CoD like but it feels different

How do you fly? Anyone know?
View Quote

You can fly for $19.95
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Until Sunday
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#5]
The game is fun but I'm already getting bored of the Hoth map
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Until Sunday
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Until Sunday

Nice. Installing it on both PS4 and PC now to try it out and see which experience I like more.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:33:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That will never happen with the current owners of the SW franchise.  

You must embrace playing a good Commie Jedi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just want a new version of TIE fighter.

I'd take a new version of X-Wing.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:57:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Jetpacks and the DLT 19 are a fun combo.

The gatling gun (3 button) on the AT-ST is fantastic if you have the walker pointed in the general direction of enemies too.

Think I'm going to go ahead and plan on buying it.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:08:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Played for an hour each on PC then PS4.

PC seemed way faster gameplay wise. I guess the mouse and keyboard combo really dominates the FPS portion as usual.

I think they need to change the power-up system. I was starting to see people just sitting around and camping for certain power-ups.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

PC seemed way faster gameplay wise. I guess the mouse and keyboard combo really dominates the FPS portion as usual.

I think they need to change the power-up system. I was starting to see people just sitting around and camping for certain power-ups.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.reaxxion.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/B7U3cChCQAEYaZu.jpg

LOL.  Speaking of that, anyone having issues with SLI?

There's an article over on GeForce.com about and SLI profile for Battlefront to properly utilize it.  But I did everything there (driver 358.50 + update GeForce experience) and GeForce experience won't detect the game.  
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/star-wars-battlefront-open-beta-sli-profile-now-available

First time I ran it, SLI was disabled.  I was only getting ~35-45 fps at ultra.  I enabled it, no increase and noticed second card was cool.  
Then I tried new driver and everything, funny thing is that it looks like the second card is going as it gets as hot as the first.  But my framerates are the same.  

Disabling vsync was a help, but if I was getting 35-45 fps with one card I oughtta be getting a solid 60fps with SLI.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody wants to play the facist commie Empire anyway.  And the X-Wing is a so much better platform than a Tie, just on the visibility from inside the cockpit alone.  

A re-made X-Wing/Tie Fighter would be something I'd buy a new computer for.  I just finished the campaign again in XWAlliance and it was just as good as it was the first day I played.  Unfortunately, if a new game were made, it would be $70 to load the game, and an extra $5 to start the engines up.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nobody wants to play the facist commie Empire anyway.  And the X-Wing is a so much better platform than a Tie, just on the visibility from inside the cockpit alone.  

A re-made X-Wing/Tie Fighter would be something I'd buy a new computer for.  I just finished the campaign again in XWAlliance and it was just as good as it was the first day I played.  Unfortunately, if a new game were made, it would be $70 to load the game, and an extra $5 to start the engines up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shut your scummy Rebel whore mouth!  TIE was the best of the SW fighter games.    
I'd gladly pay $80 for a new TIE game.  XWA, I'll buy used at the pawn shop.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:27:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tie Fighter was the better game, it did come after X-Wing, though.

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Darth Vader's voice in this game is giving my ears ebola.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Gotta make the game "accessible" so everybody has a chance (and probably gets a participation trophy... notice how many rewards you constantly get in newer games?).

Games like the Arma series are VERY unforgiving of bad tactics and bad teams. One good sniper planted in a village can knock out a squad trying to capture it. And his scope doesn't glint like a laser so that everyone can tell where he is so he's easy to kill, like in Battlefield...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol yeah.

hell COD and Battlefield have done the same thing. Battlefield 2 was the last great FPS

it really only seems like arma is the only one doing huge open world hundred player servers.

now its all 10v10 on tiny maps full of choke points.
Gotta make the game "accessible" so everybody has a chance (and probably gets a participation trophy... notice how many rewards you constantly get in newer games?).

Games like the Arma series are VERY unforgiving of bad tactics and bad teams. One good sniper planted in a village can knock out a squad trying to capture it. And his scope doesn't glint like a laser so that everyone can tell where he is so he's easy to kill, like in Battlefield...

"The bat signal"

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#20]

thats how the movies should have ended.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I played a little while.  

Very underwhelming; I'll probably cancel my pre-order.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 12:22:15 AM EDT
[#22]

LMAO awesome!

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 12:24:08 AM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes

Hey, it's authentic Star Wars material, now.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#24]
I had to look this thread up to see what people thought of the game.  My friend had the beta this weekend and we played it together. It was pretty decent in my opinion however, I'm not one of those guys that gushes over features and my friend will generally like any game that is somewhat playable.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I've finally gotten the chance to put a few hours in and I like it.  Graphics are awesome.  Weapons and powerups are good.  Vehicle experience limited but they didn't seem to dominate.  It's interesting with blasters and powerups that there is a cooling off or cool down, and unlimited ammo.  Some others though like the Ion shots and shied have a limited number of uses, and also seem to be a bit pricey.

Only major complaint is that it seems to run a little too COD fast.  Other biggest improvement I see is that there should be separate mouse sensitivity for ground and air vehicles.  It's either too low, so I can aim at distant players with cannons or walkers then I'm dragging the mouse over the screen, or it's too fast so I have a shot flying but can't hit shit from a ground vehicle.

All in all, it seems to be a good game and the fact that it's Star Wars with true to the movies and sweet graphics bumps it up a few notches.  Going to pre-order it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2015 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#28]
This game is producing some great videos.

Link Posted: 10/18/2015 11:38:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

It's gonna be straight garbage for months and eventually turn out meh.

Fuck EA and fuck dice I learned my lesson on the BF4 launch.

And the BF3 launch I was right about Hardline sucking even though that was not a Dice project.

View Quote

I was expecting a Hardline type approach. A Frostbite engine reskinned with Star Wars folks and weapons.

Somehow they managed to do worse.

Link Posted: 10/19/2015 12:06:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Aloha Snackbar!
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Vader got snackbared..lol
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I was expecting a Hardline type approach. A Frostbite engine reskinned with Star Wars folks and weapons.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's gonna be straight garbage for months and eventually turn out meh.
Fuck EA and fuck dice I learned my lesson on the BF4 launch.
And the BF3 launch I was right about Hardline sucking even though that was not a Dice project.

Yeah, after BF4 and how long it took to get everything working.....I won't be getting into battlefront for 6 months or so, at the earliest.

Not to mention, I'm going to wait and see if Battlefront is a DLC pusher.  If that's the case, fuck it.  I haven't bought a single damn DLC for BF4, and it's pretty much the only game I play (I like FPS's, but only have enough time to play an hour or 2 at night before bed so I don't really have time to get bored with a game.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've finally gotten the chance to put a few hours in and I like it.  Graphics are awesome.  Weapons and powerups are good.  Vehicle experience limited but they didn't seem to dominate.  It's interesting with blasters and powerups that there is a cooling off or cool down, and unlimited ammo.  Some others though like the Ion shots and shied have a limited number of uses, and also seem to be a bit pricey.

Only major complaint is that it seems to run a little too COD fast.  Other biggest improvement I see is that there should be separate mouse sensitivity for ground and air vehicles.  It's either too low, so I can aim at distant players with cannons or walkers then I'm dragging the mouse over the screen, or it's too fast so I have a shot flying but can't hit shit from a ground vehicle.

All in all, it seems to be a good game and the fact that it's Star Wars with true to the movies and sweet graphics bumps it up a few notches.  Going to pre-order it.
View Quote

I didn't think it was like CoD at all

It was much slower than CoD, also there weren't a million "achievements" popping up on the screen, no gun camos or other weird stuff. It seemed very basic which is what I like

I was playing on PS4 so maybe PC the gameplay is faster
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top