User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Manager made the mistake of trying to argue with a belligerent drunk.
View Quote

as i posted in the other thread, he was fine for about the first 3 minutes.  his problem was that his talk switch never clicked off, because he had no idea what else to do.

first rule is "get the problem out the door".
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It's a shame some idiots don't learn one of life's important lessons--if drinking alcohol turns you into a "mean drunk" you need to NEVER drink alcohol.  Doing so will inevitably lead to bad results--with no possible upside.
View Quote

This.  Mean drunks are the worst.

Had one this weekend at a downtown bar in Nashville.  With only a couple girl bartenders left (closing time) I was the only male left besides McDrunkerson, so I became default bouncer.  

I was shaking by the time he left.  Not in rage... I'm just a massive pussy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They've clearly never seen how a university treats, say, black football players.

I know of instances where they have ignored felonies to keep somebody playing.

When you're a #SocialJusticeWarrior, though, the whole world must be viewed through that prism.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what in the fuck, read the comments in that link.  what a bunch of fucking cunts

They've clearly never seen how a university treats, say, black football players.

I know of instances where they have ignored felonies to keep somebody playing.

When you're a #SocialJusticeWarrior, though, the whole world must be viewed through that prism.

Yep.  Those people are best just ignored.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There is a push to make the community college out here in the Vegas area smoke free as well.

All of the universities I went to in California are now smoke free, but that is unsurprising.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the big deal, the Godfather's Pizza in the student union at my Alma mater served beer on tap.

We were a Tobacco free campus but not Booze free.

I have a feeling that showing up with a beer might have been overlooked, provided he wasn't a belligerent, drunk asshole while holding it.

And a tobacco free campus? WTF?

Every college and university in LA is smoke and tobacco free.

WTF? Seriously?

There is a push to make the community college out here in the Vegas area smoke free as well.

All of the universities I went to in California are now smoke free, but that is unsurprising.

I don't smoke.  There was a smoking section ~50 feet or so away from the front doors of my school, and there was almost always people there.  It didn't bother me one bit.  Imagine that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Had one this weekend at a downtown bar in Nashville.  With only a couple girl bartenders left (closing time) I was the only male left besides McDrunkerson, so I became default bouncer.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a shame some idiots don't learn one of life's important lessons--if drinking alcohol turns you into a "mean drunk" you need to NEVER drink alcohol.  Doing so will inevitably lead to bad results--with no possible upside.

That's why we have to be constructive with how we approach fighting crazy mean drunks. We have to be creative with the weapons at our disposal. You probably had pool cues, bar stools, beer bottles, and other rudimentary weapons at your disposal
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never understood how someone could even be a mean drunk.

The point of drinking alcohol to the point of having a buzz is that it feels good.  I have always been more of a happy drunk.  Then again I am a pretty happy person, I guess the old cliché is true: drinking brings your true self out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The point of drinking alcohol to the point of having a buzz is that it feels good.  I have always been more of a happy drunk.  Then again I am a pretty happy person, I guess the old cliché is true: drinking brings your true self out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I don't drink.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovD178AhhSc

STORRS, Conn. — A University of Connecticut student has gotten into a confrontation with a campus food court manager who wouldn’t let him buy macaroni and cheese with bacon and jalapeno peppers and has been arrested.

An obscenity-laced video shows 19-year-old freshman Luke Gatti arguing with and shoving the manager on Sunday.
View Quote
I thought this was America?!

Did he really pull a Randy Marsh?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Video sucked. Needed WAY more beat down.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL....at 8:58 the kid is raging a boner.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#13]
He did roundabout admit to being treated for alcoholism.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovD178AhhSc

STORRS, Conn. — A University of Connecticut student has gotten into a confrontation with a campus food court manager who wouldn’t let him buy macaroni and cheese with bacon and jalapeno peppers and has been arrested.

An obscenity-laced video shows 19-year-old freshman Luke Gatti arguing with and shoving the manager on Sunday.
View Quote

That's actually pretty good stuff.  Fry up some bacon, jar of jalapenos, 2 boxes of kraft mac-n-cheese.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#15]
A mean drunk is just cursed.

They wake up somewhere missing teeth in a jail cell, and don't remember how they got there...
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#16]

This is your third time doing this fuckstick. Take your apology and shove it up your ass.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#20]
sorry kid--in vino veritas.  who you were in that video is who you really are on the inside, and that's what counts--not a canned video apology to cover your ass.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#22]
He needs to fix his hair. It is just awful. Otherwise, not guilty
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#23]

I'd take his apology more seriously if this were a single incident rather than a developing pattern  of behavior on his part.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I got a really good deal for a kid around his age once on a grand larceny charge (he stole $25k from his employer and I got it knocked down to a misdemeanor), he acted just like that when the judge was imposing sentence (conditional discharge, no jail, probation, or fine), and the judge got really pissed and came within a CH of rejecting the plea deal.
View Quote

Ever have one of those days where you wished your client had the book thrown at him, knowing full well that you were getting paid either way? Because if somebody I worked my ass off for did that, I'd half-wish the judge rejected the deal.

I can't imagine the BALLS it would take to react like that when getting off that easy. He was given a get out of jail free card on some pretty serious shit, and he's basically like "Eh, whatever? Sorry, bro?". Jesus Christ.

I mean shit, when I get "out of" something as trivial as a speeding ticket (no points, pay a small fine), it's all I've got in my to not kiss my lawyer.

I can't imagine being cavalier about something that's actually serious. Fuck that kid.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not a bad apology.

View All Quotes

On what planet?
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
sorry kid--in vino veritas.  who you were in that video is who you really are on the inside, and that's what counts--not a canned video apology to cover your ass.
View Quote

I doubt there's a bartender on the Planet that wouldn't agree with that statement.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I doubt there's a bartender on the Planet that wouldn't agree with that statement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

there are really only 2 ways to find out what someone is truly like on the inside: pain and alcohol.  think of me as the friendly version of...

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top