Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Rangers fans talking about "upsetting the Jays" on Facebook. They probably are Cowboys fans watching their first baseball game ever
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My son was talking about the baseball playoffs today in class with his history teacher, when the topic of Babe Ruth came up. His teacher said that Babe Ruth, and those of his era should not be considered great because they never played against African Americans.

I don't even know what to say about that.

Thoughts? I figured this was as good a place as any to talk about it. If not, forgive me.
View Quote

White guilt. I'd say don't even bother.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:49:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My son was talking about the baseball playoffs today in class with his history teacher, when the topic of Babe Ruth came up. His teacher said that Babe Ruth, and those of his era should not be considered great because they never played against African Americans.

Thoughts? I figured this was as good a place as any to talk about it. If not, forgive me.
View Quote

So should we forget Satchel Paige's stats from the nego league since he didn't pitch to "European-Americans"? That puts him at under .500 in wins and an over 3 era in mlb. Good but not remarkable.

But I'm sure his comments are strictly a one-way valve. They always are.

In short, the teacher is a brainwashed rube and Ruth was a Yankee so who GAS.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:54:49 PM EDT
[#4]
My son is a Pirates fan and was disappointed about last night's game, that's what started the talk. What's sad is, we just can't remember the game for being the game anymore. Everything has to be political, sad.

Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't want to start a whole new thread about it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

Tell your kid that there are idiots everywhere. Babe Ruth is a baseball hero, and you should ignore stupid people when they say stupid things.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it just me, or does Pete Rose seem like nothing more than a crazy old man?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My son is a Pirates fan and was disappointed about last night's game, that's what started the talk. What's sad is, we just can't remember the game for being the game anymore.Everything has to be political, sad.

Thanks for the replies guys. I didn't want to start a whole new thread about it.
View Quote

Not true. It's a game. Have fun with it or don't bother.
What's sad is that douche's comments to a kid.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:06:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol
Wife just said "wow, Pete Rose looks like he's checked out."
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:20:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Today was a good day.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:31:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I ran to the store in the 7th of the Astros/Royals game and put on the KC feed on my iPhone so that I could drink the tears of the KC announcers. They were already talking about what the Royals need to do for next year!

Wait.

You clinched the division by 12 games, you're down 3 runs, AT HOME in the 7th, and you're talking about next year?

That's because they have no starting pitching past Ventura. Cueto is a maybe at best for tomorrow, Volquez is iffy on his best days...and who goes after him? Ventura again? What happens when you get to a 7 game series (yeah right!), you put Duffy or Young back in the rotation? Yost fucked the Royals with his fucked up post season roster.

Seeing the Astros scrape out two runs in the first off their best starter convinced me. The Royals already lost. I fucking LOVE it!

So much for the chip on their shoulder! So much for being 90 feet away!
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:36:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Lol

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol

I think Manfreid is going to let him back in so that he can be in the Hall of Fame.

I'm kind of pissed about the reasoning though. The prevailing line of thought is that 'there are worse guys in the Hall of Fame', which I think is bullshit. I saw some asshole writer on MLBN saying that Pete Rose should be allowed back in because Ty Cobb was a murderer and that's worse than gambling. This is, of course, a bald faced lie, but if you perpetuate a lie long enough then it becomes the truth. So Pete Rose is going to get a pass, not because he is the greatest hitter of all time, but because the baseball media has accepted a lie.

It's fucking bullshit.

And for the record, I think that Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame, because he absolutely IS one of the greatest players of all time. Oh, and also because MLB has accepted gambling and no longer has a leg to stand on as far as morality in the game goes.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 4:01:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

meh... players were all coked up and on speed in the 70s and 80s... there's always something you could say about any era of players.. but why bother..

i don't even give a shit about the steroid players....

missed all the games today... kinda surprised both home teams lost...
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
missed all the games today... kinda surprised both home teams lost...
View Quote

Home teams are 0 - 4 at this early stage. Surprised by that myself. Looks like most people's brackets are too!

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#14]
For the first time in years, all 162 Ranger games were televised somewhere on TV. We make it to the playoffs and they pull this MLB TV bullshit? Also, I'm on vacation this week, but I guess people who work don't get to see the game?

Weak rant over.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

For the first time in years, all 162 Ranger games were televised somewhere on TV. We make it to the playoffs and they pull this MLB TV bullshit? Also, I'm on vacation this week, but I guess people who work don't get to see the game?

Weak rant over.

View Quote

MLB Network. If you have AT&T then you can watch it on 634 SD and 1634 HD. It's a standard Uverse channel.

Also, they have to squeeze 4 division series into about a week and a half, with travel schedules, and all of the networks have shelled out huge bucks to get the games televised. That means that someone is always going to have to play day games during the division series. They've got 4 games lined up for today. Some had to start early, and the Rangers/Jays have that long flight back to Texas.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Weak rant over.
View Quote

I buy the audio only MLB package from mlb.tv every year. It's like $25 - audio of every game.
Sprung the $10 yesterday for video of all playoff games.
Paid then "click here to start watching".
Click
"We're sorry but Fox Sports has exclusive TV rights for this game."
Bastards.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

MLB Network. If you have AT&T then you can watch it on 634 SD and 1634 HD. It's a standard Uverse channel.

Also, they have to squeeze 4 division series into about a week and a half, with travel schedules, and all of the networks have shelled out huge bucks to get the games televised. That means that someone is always going to have to play day games during the division series. They've got 4 games lined up for today. Some had to start early, and the Rangers/Jays have that long flight back to Texas.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Weak rant over.

Oh I get the day game stuff, but the mlbtv stuff is irritating. I'm not paying for just a few games, reduced price or not. Now if I could watch the Rangers all season, I would do it.

I'm a bit wary of these sports streaming services after being fucked by NHLtv
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I buy the audio only MLB package from mlb.tv every year. It's like $25 - audio of every game.

Click

Bastards.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Weak rant over.

Click

Bastards.

Oh hell no! That's not gonna fly.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weak rant over.

Click
Bastards.

Just got an email stating the game WILL be on mlb.tv and mlb network - the Rangers game.

FS1 has Houston vs KC
TBS has Chicago vs StL and NY vs LA
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Oh I get the day game stuff, but the mlbtv stuff is irritating. I'm not paying for just a few games, reduced price or not. Now if I could watch the Rangers all season, I would do it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weak rant over.

It's on regular TV. MLB Network is a channel on TV, like ESPN or FS1. AT&T Uverse channel 1634 for HD. Honest Injun. They have shows and everything.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

It's on regular TV. MLB Network is a channel on TV, like ESPN or FS1. AT&T Uverse channel 1634 for HD. Honest Injun. They have shows and everything.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weak rant over.

I was looking last night at the guide and didn't see it. I will have to look again. Hopefully it will be there, or else I will likely break down and buy the playoff pass thing.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#22]
First game might be a shootout...
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

MLBN is worth it just to watch Intentional Talk everyday.

Channel 213 on DirecTV.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You're right, the Ranger's have no real fans, and we're the only team in the league with bandwagon fans.

Several years ago, the Tigers came to town. Back when you had Sheff. What were the people wearing chef hats in the stands called? Michigan residents with thick Texas accents?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good guys win.

October Rangers Fans are the only Rangers fans.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2937wpw.jpg

Not shown is 84 and Fielder on the back.

Wait one while I check the Tigers post season schedule.

Brand spankin' new eh?

Yep, the Tigers had a terrible season, and I didn't miss a single play. When did you start following the Rangers this year? August or September?

You're right, the Ranger's have no real fans, and we're the only team in the league with bandwagon fans.

Several years ago, the Tigers came to town. Back when you had Sheff. What were the people wearing chef hats in the stands called? Michigan residents with thick Texas accents?

Yes, every team has bandwagon fans, but none of them talk as much shit as Rangers' bandwagon fans.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Channel 213 on DirecTV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Channel 213 on DirecTV.

i cannot fucking stand bob costas
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Red Sox "fans" have no equal. Surprisingly, CWS fans are right there behind them. But they haven't been good enough in awhile.

And I don't have MLB TV. Sudden link sucks balls.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:52:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Click

Bastards.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Weak rant over.

Click

Bastards.

yep, the mlb radio app for $25/yr is a best deal ever.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I think it's interesting how much Jim Kaat keeps talking about how hot this Toronto infield is, when in reality it's waaaay slower and spongier than the old REAL astroturf was...then again Jim is like 80.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes, every team has bandwagon fans, but none of them talk as much shit as Rangers' bandwagon fans.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Really need DeShields to steal a bag here...scoring probability won't get better than this right here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Anybody in the Rangers' organization teaching 'base running?'

They are sucking at it today.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Anybody in the Rangers' organization teaching 'base running?'

They are sucking at it today.

Chris
View Quote
meh whatever, napoli wasn't scoring on a gapper anyways.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Letting Revere on with nobody out and a RHP up is asking for big trouble.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:40:01 PM EDT
[#34]
This better not go to extras. Houston KC is staring right now!

ETA - Goddammit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Channel 213 on DirecTV.

Same here, FBC.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

ETA - Goddammit.

View Quote

FS1 is just a black screen for me. The baseball gods are punishing me for something.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

FS1 is just a black screen for me. The baseball gods are punishing me for something.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA - Goddammit.

Really? Where the hell do you live?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#38]
It came back about ten minutes after I posted that.

I'm at my parents house in white oak, since I don't have cable. They have suddenlink cable which seems to have a lot of issues.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Hopefully they can close this game out!
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#40]
We're not boys anymore, Donaldson.

Fuck you shit-talking, mad-dogging bitches...you're getting swept.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

What's up with him? I'm just seeing the updates.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#42]

My first double tap!
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Donaldson starting shit with the wrong guy. Tons of F-bombs after he felt he was quick-pitched. He hit the brakes pretty quick when Kela took off the glove and started walking towards the plate. Benches cleared. Wrong dude to fuck with, MVP. Kela will kill you.

video at the link

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oli Perez has other ideas. Wtf was that big turn shit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Astros bullpen in full meltdown mode.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Donaldson starting shit with the wrong guy. Tons of F-bombs after he felt he was quick-pitched. He hit the brakes pretty quick when Kela took off the glove and started walking towards the plate. Benches cleared. Wrong dude to fuck with, MVP. Kela will kill you.    

video at the link

http://thebiglead.com/2015/10/09/josh-donaldson-and-keone-kela-exchange-multiple-f-bombs-before-benches-clear/

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

video at the link

http://thebiglead.com/2015/10/09/josh-donaldson-and-keone-kela-exchange-multiple-f-bombs-before-benches-clear/

Dammit! I always miss the good shit!
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

video at the link

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

video at the link

What a punk.
Hope he enjoys his one day in Arlington.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Well.. fuck that.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Perez's pitch framing is absolutely horrible. His move is so obvious an jerky.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Hey guys, thank you for the responses to my event last night. I told my son, the world is full of idiots, don't worry about what other people say. Make your own decisions about things, think for yourself, find the facts and be your own person about subjects.

Anyway, the Cubs are looking a little flat tonight with the bats........ Come on Cubbies!
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top