Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 10/4/2015 1:07:55 AM EDT
25 in a 20. Supposedly swerved while being pulled over. It's amazing how much light comes out of the grill of one one of the new police Tahoes when you are in a Miata w the top down. Of course I swerved you ass. No dogs shot and I'm home so I guess I can't complain too much. CSB I'm sure. Night everyone
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:10:00 AM EDT
[#1]
You drive a Miata?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:10:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Bama was patrolling tonight?

You got off easy.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:11:23 AM EDT
[#3]
A friend of mine got shot in the face trying to stop a robbery. He is still alive but the brain damage caused him some slurred speech. If he gets pulled over in a strange town, it is always an adventure for him.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:13:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You drive a Miata?
View Quote

Sometimes. Yeah. I'm also a male nurse. What's up
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:14:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I got pulled over the other night, even told the officer I was going to a bar. No ticket, just a warning.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:14:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bama was patrolling tonight?

You got off easy.

View Quote

I screamed FU FBHO and all was right w the world
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:15:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

25 in a 20. Supposedly swerved while being pulled over. It's amazing how much light comes out of the grill of one one of the new police Tahoes when you are in a Miata w the top down. Of course I swerved you ass. No dogs shot and I'm home so I guess I can't complain too much. CSB I'm sure. Night everyone
View Quote
I have to say, the lights have gotten out of control bright.  I think they are bordering on dangerous.  On a dark road at night, it's tough to see the road and/or people as you approach a lit up cop car.  It's like the UFO from Close Encounters crash landed in the road, only 50 times brighter and more distracting.  I think the LED's are harsher on my (old) eyes too.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:16:04 AM EDT
[#8]
What kind of twat pulls someone over for 25 in a 20?  

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:17:31 AM EDT
[#9]

How did you get threatened with a DUI
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You drive a Miata?

That explains everything.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:19:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's a a bar on that road. A very high end bar. He tried to say I was doing 40. I politely stated I was in 2nd gear and he kinda laughed. He's trolling
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:19:34 AM EDT
[#12]
My bil has severe type II diabetes.  Brilliant man, three Masters, working on his PhD.

Nicest guy ever. He's been in two minor wrecks in the 25 years I've known him, both due to him going into shock.

He was treated as the worst sort of drunk each time. Cuffed and arrested. This despite his bracelet. He doesn't drink alcohol.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:20:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How did you get threatened with a DUI
View Quote

I swerved so that made me borderline drunk. Doesn't matter I couldn't see shit
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:20:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is there such a thing as a 20 mph zone?

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:21:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:25:48 AM EDT
[#16]
That's unfortunate.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:29:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have to say, the lights have gotten out of control bright.  I think they are bordering on dangerous.  On a dark road at night, it's tough to see the road and/or people as you approach a lit up cop car.  It's like the UFO from Close Encounters crash landed in the road, only 50 times brighter and more distracting.  I think the LED's are harsher on my (old) eyes too.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw one of the new lights for the first time a week or two ago. Holy hell did you nail it with this statement.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:29:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You drive a Miata?

LOL? ,,meh  " threatened", I get threatened with lawsuits, having my ass kicked, burning my house down all the time...I'm not worried until stuff actually happens (and yes some have acted on their threats, no house burning yet though)
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:31:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My bil has severe type II diabetes.  Brilliant man, three Masters, working on his PhD.

Nicest guy ever. He's been in two minor wrecks in the 25 years I've known him, both due to him going into shock.

He was treated as the worst sort of drunk each time. Cuffed and arrested. This despite his bracelet. He doesn't drink alcohol.

View Quote

Devil's advocate...anyone can buy a bracelet, sorry bout your brother though
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:35:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks I was about to post the same thing.  Some departments around DFW have really gone all out with the strobes.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:35:43 AM EDT
[#21]
cop was probably fishing for drunk drivers.  He'll probably catch a few too
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:36:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A friend of mine got shot in the face trying to stop a robbery. He is still alive but the brain damage caused him some slurred speech. If he gets pulled over in a strange town, it is always an adventure for him.
View Quote

Damn.   Any details to this?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:36:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are called School zones. And really? A Miata?  Something you want to come clean about?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:37:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who the hell buys an AMA bracelet saying they are diabetic? Do drunks really do that?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:37:35 AM EDT
[#25]
He should've tazzed you
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:38:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was pulled over and got a ticket on Inskip in north Knoxville for doing 34 in a 30 in my corvette.

Had to go to traffic school for that one.

Piss on that bitch if she is reading this.

My one and only ticket in TN.

ETA: that was probably 12 years ago, but still, byte me you jack booted dyke.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#27]
The new LED's are a double edged sword. Low current draw and with the high vis you can see the things during the day, fuck they are blinding if your too close.

At night they are a total bitch, especially when every one is going with the belief that more is better.. One squad is bad enough, toss in a hand full in one place, it becomes a nightmare.. Your depth perception is gone, not to mention being blinded... I'm surprised that more MVC's haven't been blamed on them.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:42:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They are called School zones. And really? A Miata?  Something you want to come clean about?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

School zones are usually 15 mph in AZ. I apologize.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:43:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Yes, those lights are bright.

I got pulled over a while back in a decked out K5.  The officer just sat there so I flipped the switch on my 2 rear facing KC lights.  Popo blew a gasket.  Lulz were had.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:45:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yes, those lights are bright.

I got pulled over a while back in a decked out K5.  The officer just sat there so I flipped the switch on my 2 rear facing KC lights.  Popo blew a gasket.  Lulz were had.
View Quote

That's awesome
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:46:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Apparently
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently

You need a dashcam.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:47:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You drive a Miata?
View Quote

This. WTF
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:48:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You drive a Miata?

Like Greg Focker RN?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:50:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely right.  

I came up on an accident scene late at night once.  There was a squad car with all kinds of flashy bright lights on the shoulder.  I couldn't see shit so I came to a complete stop.

A half minute later I could visibly tell the officer was frustrated that I couldn't even see him trying to wave me through.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:04:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree. It's had to see the actual road when you are blinded by strobing LED lights.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:08:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:14:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And yet you guys still can't see the lights when an officer is right behind you, and continue to drive for the next 5 miles blissfully unaware.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:17:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Diabetic shock very closely mimics an intoxicated person in many ways.  Often times an untrained officer who is not aware of diabetic shock will assume the person is high on drugs and does not know to look for a bracelet.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:21:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I learned the hard way that they are 15 there. I got a ticket going 21. In August. No children were present. I'm still annoyed.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:25:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I learned the hard way that they are 15 there. I got a ticket going 21. In August. No children were present. I'm still annoyed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I once had some jackass pass me in a school zone while I was driving 15mph. The cop patrolling the school zone didn't appreciate the jackass's behavior.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:30:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Happens all the time around here at bar close, along with the infamous "you swerved a little"  horseshit excuse.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:36:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:39:12 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
And yet you guys still can't see the lights when an officer is right behind you, and continue to drive for the next 5 miles blissfully unaware.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you a cop?

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:42:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Not seeing the threat.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:42:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did they suspend his DL after the wrecks?

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:01:42 AM EDT
[#46]
I work swing shirt, was working 4p-12a. Had to stay over till about 2a to help with a repair. I work at an ammunition manufacturing plant.

On my way home, I pass a cop car. I am driving the speed limit. He follows me for about two miles.

Pulls me over, says my LP light is out.

Then asks me where I'm coming from.

I told him, work at the Arsenal.

He asks, have I been drinking?

Um, no.

Then asks where I'm going, to which I reply home.

Then asks if I'm carrying, to which I reply no. (No firearms on the plant as its .fed) However, concealed is concealed.

This asshole writes me a ticket and takes up 20+ minutes of my tired ass time... That cop was trolling hard.

ETA: The blue techno strobe lights on the backs of cop cars are crazy. They are so fucking bright, I wouldn't see a cop standing next to or near his car until he was under my car. That shit is bananas.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:14:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your BIL needs to do a better job managing his condition.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:40:04 AM EDT
[#48]
So you're bitching about a verbal warning?

Saweeet story bro.

Let us know how your morning poop goes too.  Because we care.  Please post about it on the internet.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:41:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Does he not realize that in that condition, he is just as...if not more dangerous than a drunk?  Jesus.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:55:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Who the hell buys an AMA bracelet saying they are diabetic? Do drunks really do that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I have now read this public thread... drunk buys one  and flashes it to the police... immediately let  him go ?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top