Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 10/3/2015 5:22:42 PM EDT
It seems that everything is pointing to a conflict between Russia and the US.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I sure wouldn't rule it out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Nope.  Obama will back down big time.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Obama is setting the stage for the next President. You think they're going to continue Obama's agenda?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol...first thing that has to happen is we need a President with more cajones than a community organizer...
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

lol...first thing that has to happen is we need a President with more cajones than a community organizer...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russia has over a year to prepare and set the stage.  He's playing against the real JV squad right now.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I think we are still watching the end of World War 1.  And we have been for almost 100 years
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:30:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Russia has over a year to prepare and set the stage.  He's playing against the real JV squad right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obama is stupid enough that he may not start it, but he is creating the conditions for Putin to start it.

We need regime change and I don't mean in Syria.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Would it be a bad thing or a good thing if it was?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think we are still watching the end of World War 1.  And we have been for almost 100 years
View Quote

This is very true.

The issues that caused the first great war will continue to haunt us for decades.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:32:47 PM EDT
[#10]
... Not very likely
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Obama is stupid enough that he may not start it, but he is creating the conditions for Putin to start it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depending who are next president is things could get real, real fast.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Obama is setting the stage for the next President. You think they're going to continue Obama's agenda?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He hates America. Sowing one last row of seeds as a lame duck as a way to REALLY destroy this country seems like a plausible notion.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#13]
You're prepared to sacrifice American lives in Syria for....... what exactly?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Nukes have kept major powers from going to war directly with each other for greater than a half century.  Not sure how long that will hold out though...
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the inevitable result of electing an inept community organizer who's only experience was creating division and hatred.  He has absolutely no idea what is going on over there.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You're prepared to sacrifice American lives in Syria for....... what exactly?
View Quote

Can you think of anything valuable or anything dangerous that exists in that part of the world?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nukes have kept major powers from going to war directly with each other for greater than a half century.  Not sure how long that will hold out though...
View Quote

Especially with a president that has all but said he will never use them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This is very true.

The issues that caused the first great war will continue to haunt us for decades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is very true.

I was actually referring to all the treaties that ended WW1, and drew a bunch of untenable borders on the map.  Be it Danzig and East Prussia, Yugoslavia, or the Mandates and countries in the Mideast.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#19]
The only thing I'm feeling fairly certain of at this point in my life is that there will indeed be some form of a WWIII.  Likely a nuke used by a radical group, then an overwhelming response by whatever country or countries were attacked, then China/Russia showing up... and on and on.

I can come up with all kinds of scenarios.  Most are completely illogical and unlikely.  One or two are almost a certainty.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Ah hell...
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Winner.

These the final Wars of the Ottoman Succession, rolling into the Grand Muslim Civil War.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Or we could you know stay out of The Middle East and peoples business
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

We're watching Cain kill Abel if you want to go back far enough, but yea... There's still scores from 1914 being settled.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#27]
We're seeing a power shift.  Russia will have permanent bases all over the region in time, and with that comes control.  Obama lacks the courage to do anything about it, and neither will any of the possible Democrat successors.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i44.tinypic.com/f0owoj.jpg

I know crazy concept right.  We could spend more time working on our infrastructure and less time policing the world.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What kind of a dumb fuckin question is that?  How is it possibly good?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nuclear winter would cure global warming.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I can think of many instances of going to war being the most profitable thing to do.

Not to mention that big wars tend to rise nationalism, something we are desperately lacking as a country right now

Just a thought, no need to get pissy.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

CCR was ahead of their time, politically speaking.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
How many American military lives do you deem worth it for a bump in nationalism?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can think of many instances of going to war being the most profitable thing to do.

Not to mention that big wars tend to rise nationalism, something we are desperately lacking as a country right now

Just a thought, no need to get pissy.

How many American military lives do you deem worth it for a bump in nationalism?

87,000 obviously.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Three? Dude, we're on like World War Five or Six.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

definately bad... i still have not gotten my bunker built yet...... should be GTG though by the time trump / the next president gets into office and a war starts when people try to unfuck everything obama let fall apart. such as russia having new military bases all over the middle east / the world, and china having claimed 1/2 the oceans as their own on their little man made islands. be a total clusterfuck to deal with..
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
... Not very likely
View Quote

Countries go to war expecting to win. Historically, they're wrong more than 50% of the time. Like the beginning of WWI, it wouldn't surprise me to see someone or some country start something they think they have a handle on only to see it spin out of control to their eventual extreme regret.
Tomac
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#38]
The united states is morally obligated to force its foreign policy and politics on other countries and over throw governments as seen fit.  It's a sacred duty to police the globe.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#39]
No, you see many in  Arfcom is still focused more on general military warfare &, from my perspective, have ignored the social warfare aspect. Everything you see from the soviets since just after WWII is a combination of both.

Problem is, like I have asked before: "What is the one sure way to win a war?"

Answer: play both sides.

Unfortunately, as it is, people make jokes about those two sides & the goings on of the unilateral deception.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#40]
No.  

Putin will lay down the smack, Obongo will kiss his ass and bow and go golfing.  Remember 2-3 years ago and his red line bullshit?  How'd that work out
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:01:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No.  

Putin will lay down the smack, Obongo will kiss his ass and bow and go golfing.  Remember 2-3 years ago and his red line bullshit?  How'd that work out
View Quote

Que bugs bunny video...
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, and we should stay out of it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:01:57 PM EDT
[#43]
I think the disturbing part is NOT Russia's involvement.  Syria has been a soviet satellite since forever, nothing new there.  I'm actually surprised Russia didn't get involved earlier and they did try to warn Obama off when Syria first began to crumble.  No, the disturbing part is Iran's involvement.  They are going to be in an excellent position to have control over Iraq and Syria with hardly a shot fired.  

That puts Iran on Israel's doorstep and there's your WWIII trigger.  How long can Israel show restraint?  How long does Iran wait?  It all goes poorly, it is just a matter of when.  I give it 10, 20 years max.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I think the disturbing part is NOT Russia's involvement.  Syria has been a soviet satellite since forever, nothing new there.  I'm actually surprised Russia didn't get involved earlier and they did try to warn Obama off when Syria first began to crumble.  No, the disturbing part is Iran's involvement.  They are going to be in an excellent position to have control over Iraq and Syria with hardly a shot fired.  

That puts Iran on Israel's doorstep and there's your WWIII trigger.  How long can Israel show restraint?  How long does Iran wait?  It all goes poorly, it is just a matter of when.  I give it 10, 20 years max.
View Quote
Less judging by BiBi's powerful speech at the UN

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Wouldn't that be cool?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

definately bad... i still have not gotten my bunker built yet...... should be GTG though by the time trump / the next president gets into office and a war starts when people try to unfuck everything obama let fall apart. such as russia having new military bases all over the middle easy / the world, and china having claimed 1/2 the oceans as their own on their little man made islands. be a total clusterfuck to deal with..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

definately bad... i still have not gotten my bunker built yet...... should be GTG though by the time trump / the next president gets into office and a war starts when people try to unfuck everything obama let fall apart. such as russia having new military bases all over the middle easy / the world, and china having claimed 1/2 the oceans as their own on their little man made islands. be a total clusterfuck to deal with..

Yeah I still need to get all my preps in order first.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Touche'.

I'd be interested in subscribing to your newsletter.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
This.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Besides the utter pointlessness of involvement there, we haven't had a victory - based war strategy since ww2. We've been using Wilsonian horseshit since ww1. It was suspended during ww2, and put right back in place afterwards.

In other words, if war broke out we would commit lives, assets, and treasury to blowing up planes and killing troops in the region, and stop there. We wouldn't actually defeat russia, or iran, or syria, and change their govts. It would be a regional skirmish for... trading oil with one tyrannical regime instead of another? I won't support more dead Americans for that.

If I'm in the minority in that ooinion, fine. But I won't commit support to that endeavor.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are, in fact, on to something.  

Admittedly,  part of me wants to see Israel release the hounds in a biblical fashion and I'm not tethered by any religious affiliation.  I know that they could make surgical moves that would debilitate the offense in short order.  This of course being anything short of mushroom clouds over Tel Aviv...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top