User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quite the opposite where I work. I am an Air Force crew chief and it seems as tho all I do at work is talk about guns or cars with the people I work with. If someone talks about anything else they get laughed at for not being into guns or cars. Unless they're talking about women of course. I would broaden the horizons of the Air Force guys you hang out with OP. Get out of your finance job and come hang with people that work for a living;)
View Quote

He isn't necessarily finance....could be medical.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

No and yes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
workcenter

What is a workcenter, is that like an Office?

No and yes

What's so hard to get about a workcenter?

It's a place people go to work.  It's not necessarily an office, nor is it a production line, it's somewhere in between.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#3]
What Johnny Reno said.  At my last two job postings, I did't let on that I had any interest in firearms other than professional.  In SF, gheys are out of the closet and gun owners are in the closet.  

Now here in So. Colorado, almost everyone here exercises their 2A. Even old women pack.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's a place people go to work.  It's not necessarily an office, nor is it a production line, it's somewhere in between.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
workcenter

What is a workcenter, is that like an Office?

No and yes

Shop, department, division, workcenter............the list goes on and on.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:28:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Op I'm in the air force too. Keep your mouth shut about that shit because one day you will get an over zealous commander and if he finds out you own assault rifles he can use it against you. The air force is full of liberal pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Op I'm in the air force too. Keep your mouth shut about that shit because one day you will get an over zealous commander and if he finds out you own assault rifles he can use it against you. The air force is full of liberal pieces of shit.
View Quote

No shit?  How could a commander use that against someone?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Fuck it... Shoot with your leadership.

Im an AF guy too. Used to shoot often (as a SSgt) with E-7, E-8, O-4, and O-5's. Its not favoritism, its mentoring
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

My last commander was prior Army enlisted who works full time repairing locomotives.  I'm pretty sure I'm safe.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The two star I work for has a standing range time reserved for his weekly shoots.  He also has 'skeet day' every other week.  Funny thing... The 'Firearms Strictly Prohibited' signs the previous wing commander put up and the gates have mysteriously disappeared.  

Four of the five guys (and gal) who work for me have guns.  Three have CCW permits.  One of the four is married to a raging lib but finally bought his first handgun.  .  No pressure is applied to have a gun, but discussions about the common sense ability to protect yourself and family convinced him to buy one.  Funny thing, his son is into all kind of guns big time. The lone holdout is retiring next year and devoting his spare time to cooking
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if you live on base (at least in the dorms) you have to keep all your shit in *their* armory (or else get art. 15'd and lose a stripe )

When I was on Peterson there was no one in the armory, ever. So you couldn't just waltz over and get your shit out.

From what I heard from their SF guys (who run the armory) is that that directive came from above, WAY above.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quite the opposite where I work. I am an Air Force crew chief and it seems as tho all I do at work is talk about guns or cars with the people I work with. If someone talks about anything else they get laughed at for not being into guns or cars. Unless they're talking about women of course. I would broaden the horizons of the Air Force guys you hang out with OP. Get out of your finance job and come hang with people that work for a living;)
View Quote
It's the same for us.  I'm ANG but you're the odd guy if you aren't into guns and hunting.   There are about 10 of us who have put together ARs in 450 bushmaster this year to take advantage of a rule change for deer hunting.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well, if you live on base (at least in the dorms) you have to keep all your shit in *their* armory (or else get art. 15'd and lose a stripe )

When I was on Peterson there was no one in the armory, ever. So you couldn't just waltz over and get your shit out.

From what I heard about their SF guys (who run the armory) is that that directive came from above, WAY above.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I heard about their SF guys (who run the armory) is that that directive came from above, WAY above.

The Air Force for most part hates/fears guns, I have been in discussions with one of their base COs about arming Marines on the base when I cited the AFI that my general has the authority to do it  he said that it is more dangerous than the threat it is meant to prevent.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#13]
This is our future generation, they are called wussies.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the 80s I kept my things in my truck at Ft Bragg.  I don't recall anyone saying you couldn't, though I didn't ask either.  It was chancy; the thieves were thick there.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Jerry, the quiet dude that doesn't chit chat much, has far more guns and training than you. He doesn't advertise that he shoots. But he'll school you if you go to a range with him.

Lotsa people fly under the radar. It is a smart move. Lots of offices have a Jerry.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Or the Airborne  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You must not work with Marines.
Or the Airborne  

Clearly not combat arms guys...

I'm having a hard time thinking of any of the guys from any of my platoons that don't own a gun.

I work with a mix of AF/Army/Marines now...lots of non-combat guys...none DON'T own at least one gun.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I used to shoot trap/skeet with my Sq/CC (an O-5), two SNCOs, and a couple young(er) Airmen when I was a relatively young O-2.

The SF Sq/CC would also open their old live-fire range to the public on every other Saturday.  I even got MWR to host a couple bullseye pistol competitions there, using my own specifications for the course of fire (because I was the only known expert in that venue ).

For my PCS party, MWR let us use their entire "sporting" range- the trap/skeet plus their limited outdoor pistol/rifle lanes- for the party site.

I wish I could say that every Air Force Base is that welcoming, accommodating, and like-minded when it comes to guns.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Owning guns when I was active duty was a pain in the ass. Can't keep your personal guns in the barracks so they stayed back home in Texas.
View Quote

That was my thought there too.  Are you coworkers troops that live in the barracks?  That throws a huge monkey wrench into the gun ownership issue.  They must be stored at the SF armory along with the ammo, possibly even cleaning supplies.  It depends how strict the 1SGT is.  If something like that if found in a room inspection, it could open up a big can of worms while they look for other shooting related stuff, maybe even calling in the dog.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top