Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2015 9:06:04 PM EDT
Simple, print one of the listed targets, take a handgun/AR/other firearm and go to the range.

The goal is that you take your desired firearm and dry practice with it as often as possible during a two week period and post up what your routine was that day. Then after 2 weeks go back to the range and see what your improvements were.

But to see that you need a baseline so before you start the experiment you need to go out and shoot. Find which you firearm you want to work on and the Course of Fire it falls under and shoot it cold. Get an honest baseline. Dry Practice for 2 weeks and then go back and try again then post your new target.

Pistol can be done at 3 yards, 7 yards, 10 yards and 25 yards. The goal is to do all the distances over a period of time. But it's not going to be that easy!

The Course of Fire for pistols at 3/7/10 yards
-10 shots on each bullseye.
Top left- STRONG Supported
Top right- STRONG Supported
Middle- WEAK Supported
Bottom left- STRONG UNsupported
Bottom right- WEAK UNsupported
Target 3/7/10 yards

The Course of Fire for pistols at 25 yards
-10 shots on the bullseye
You can choose the method between, Strong supported, weak UNsupported etc. The goal would be to do all grips like the 3/7/10 yard but 25 yards is a bitch and gets its own individual target per 10 shots. You can choose to only work on a specific grip for the 25 yard experiment or you can work through them all. Your choice.
Target 25 yards

The Course of Fire for service rifles (Irons/RDS) at 50 yards
-20 shots on the bullseye from standing
-20 shots on the bullseye from kneeling
-20 shots on the bullseye from sitting
-20 shots on the bullseye from prone
THE ONLY ASSISTANCE THE SHOOTER CAN USE IS A SLING FROM ALL POSITIONS, NO BAGS, JACKETS OR OTHER BULLSHIT.
-All positions can be spread out over time, ie. Post baseline target, work on prone practice for 2 weeks post improvement/experiment target then work on sitting for 2 weeks etc. You can pick and choose which ones you want to work on.
Target 50 yards

The Course of Fire for scoped rifles at 100 yards
-10 shots on each bullseye from standing
-10 shots on each bullseye from kneeling
-10 shots on each bullseye from sitting
-10 shots on each bullseye from prone
THE ONLY ASSISTANCE THE SHOOTER CAN USE IS A SLING FROM ALL POSITIONS, NO BAGS, JACKETS OR OTHER BULLSHIT. (Bitch away)
-All positions can be spread out over time, ie. Post baseline target, work on prone practice for 2 weeks post improvement/experiment target then work on sitting for 2 weeks etc. You can pick and choose which ones you want to work on.
Target 100 yards

The Course of Fire for .22lr with Irons/RDS at 25 yards
THE ONLY ASSISTANCE THE SHOOTER CAN USE IS A SLING FROM ALL POSITIONS, NO BAGS, JACKETS OR OTHER BULLSHIT.
Target 25 yards

The Course of Fire for .22lr with scope at 50 yards
Target 50 yards

Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I shot this last month that I'll use as my current base line.

Sig P229R E2
SAA 115gr 9mm Remanufactured
3 Yards

3yds 229 by Bill DoubleU, on Flickr

Now I'll work on some dry Practice for 2 weeks and see what happens.

Who's in?
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Did some shooting today. I need this. I shot like shit...
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot service rifle.  There is no kneeling.  Kneeling is something commies and Europeans do.
I'll stop shooting before I do it from the kneeling position.

I'll stick with my SCATT and CLE 22 for practice.  I suck anyway, so I'd rather at least get the enjoyment of a round or electrons going off.

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shoot service rifle.  There is no kneeling.  Kneeling is something commies and Europeans do.

View Quote

It's just an option if you want to shoot from the kneeling. It's not required to do all the positions on the rifles.

Only the 3/7/10 yard pistol is required to switch between the grips. The 25 yard pistol is optional on changing grips.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I dry fire almost every day. Improving your shooting is almost imposable without it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's just an option if you want to shoot from the kneeling. It's not required to do all the positions on the rifles.

Only the 3/7/10 yard pistol is required to switch between the grips. The 25 yard pistol is optional on changing grips.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just being a smart ass.  My knees would not be kind to me kneeling but I do dry fire off hand several times a week.  It's not working.

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's my group.

Thanks a lot, OP.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I dry fire almost every day. Improving your shooting is almost impossible without it.
View Quote

I practice dry firing almost every day. First, it's cheap!  And one of the best ways to improve one's shooting skills.  I can practice from inside my home, using the field edge hedgerows for targets. About 100 yards out.

It also gives the eyeballs much needed exercise.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here's my group.
http://i.imgur.com/XrKRU3O.jpg

Thanks a lot, OP.
View Quote

I am covertly trying to increase the number of ND threads posted
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here's my group.

Thanks a lot, OP.
View Quote

I actually had a friend who did that to his TV practicing dry firing and mag changes. He was a member a while back from KY.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Threw my neck/back out... was gonna work on some dry practice today... I am falling behind
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Did a little dry practice yesterday. Just worked on strong head supported DA/SA and then Weak hand supported DA/SA.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Not to brag but...this is my most recent dry fire target

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Here's my group.

Thanks a lot, OP.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

http://www.bakertargets.com/images/SR1%20bulleseye%281%29.jpg
View Quote
Left handed?

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

http://www.bakertargets.com/images/SR1%20bulleseye%281%29.jpg
View Quote

Nice group
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I like using the dot torture drill more, for both handgun and rifle. Instead of having a holstered handgun on the "dots" 2-10, have a slung rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top