User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Guys,

This isn't him giving in.  He is forcing the GOP's hand.

If the GOP rigs the process and circumvents Trump's popularity by handing the nomination to Jeb, the GOP loses all credibility.  Then, Trump can bail, because the GOP did not create that pledge in good faith.

If Trump is the GOP candidate, he gets all of that campaign money and garners the support of those other GOP candidates, including Jeb who is looking like an idiot trying to simply make Trump look bad by picking apart Twitter posts instead of focusing on his own message.

The pledge is ridiculous.   However, signing the pledge was the best decision for Trump because it provides a no-lose situation.
View Quote
Then he needs to partner with Cruz right now.  I'll take a Trump to get a chance at a Cruz.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it was a really smart move for Trump to sign. A LOT of Republicans distrusted him for saying in the debates that he wouldn't agree to not run as a third party candidate, and this should ease their minds that he's not another Perot.

After awhile, I think a lot of them will come over to Trump if he keeps doing as well as he has so far.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Double post.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#4]

He is conservative, look at the size of that office!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Trump is a business man he knows he has no chance at the rnc or as an independent.  

So he will sell his supporters To who whoever gives him the most cash.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He signed the agreement with the RNC not to run 3rd party.

Trump is a business man he knows he has no chance at the rnc or as an independent.  

How is he making money off this?

If anything he lost a ton of money
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Stupid move.  Candidates should be above party antics.
View Quote

The educated voting public should be above the same.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:57:12 PM EDT
[#7]
This can only help Trump.  Good move.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That anybody believes he would honor the agreement if push comes to shove. He is a lying sack of shit. It was a smart move on his part, but anybody who believes him deserves being double crossed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, signing that agreement helps further legitimize Donald Trump's candidacy, provides him with more free publicity, deflates the arguments of his detractors, ensures both the party's and other candiates' support should he win, and moves him closer to the Republican Party Nomination.

Trump has outmaneuverd the GOPe once again.

It's damn well near impossible to apply a negative spin to this;  so what, exactly, is so hysterically funny ?

That anybody believes he would honor the agreement if push comes to shove. He is a lying sack of shit. It was a smart move on his part, but anybody who believes him deserves being double crossed.

You certainly appear to have become more and more desperate and hysterical with every additional post.

It's really gotten quite bizarre.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes but is it real in a legally binding sense...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You certainly appear to have become more and more desperate and hysterical with every additional post.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, signing that agreement helps further legitimize Donald Trump's candidacy, provides him with more free publicity, deflates the arguments of his detractors, ensures both the party's and other candiates' support should he win, and moves him closer to the Republican Party Nomination.

It's damn well near impossible to apply a negative spin to this;  so what, exactly, is so hysterically funny ?

But amusing, nonetheless.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Squeaky clean? Boy you really are not familiar with how this works. They are all dirty, the reason they don't go after eachother legally is because of blowback. Everybody has dirt on everybody. People go after Trump, Trump turns on them. Look at New York State. Preet goes after Silver, Silver turns on Skelos, it's believed both are turning on Cuomo as we speak. It's mutually assured destruction that saves them and keeps them from truly going after one another.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure I picture Trump running third party. He can't win and I think he's more concerned with winning or losing in life v. losing for sure to prove a point or act as a spoiler

He'll bow out.  Secret Service detail following him everywhere in earshot of his highly questionable business deals would cramp his style.
Trump would probably be a lot more boring than clinton would be as first hustband lol  

If, legally speaking, Donald Trump wasn't squeaky clean, considering the number of extremely powerful enemies he's made including THE CLINTONS;  he'd have been outed by the media and destroyed long before this point.

Squeaky clean? Boy you really are not familiar with how this works. They are all dirty, the reason they don't go after eachother legally is because of blowback. Everybody has dirt on everybody. People go after Trump, Trump turns on them. Look at New York State. Preet goes after Silver, Silver turns on Skelos, it's believed both are turning on Cuomo as we speak. It's mutually assured destruction that saves them and keeps them from truly going after one another.

I've been right in the middle of this sort of thing on more than one occasion, so regardless of your typical smarmy and condescending ad Hominem,  I'm actually intimately "familiar with how this works."

If Donald Trump was, in fact, "dirty"; havng made the sort of powerful enemies in both political parties that he has, his ass would be grass, and knowing that, he'd not have entered the race.

Trump's no fool despite the campaign of a few strident GOPe  "operatives" to paint him as an idiot.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can keep at your Alinsky tactics, it doesn't change the truth... Funny, Stone is speaking for Trump again... You know, the guy he fired?

I'm sorry you are drunk on the Trump-Aid. You do seem like a decent guy who loves his country, but you are willfully oblivious to, or are outright ignoring, Trump's very real and very documented past sir.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Stupid move

He played right into the GOP on this one

Very disappointed, thought Trump was smarter than that
View Quote

No, this was Brilliant.

He is the front runner by 2x + , he will be the Republican nominee.  Now the RNC cannot run against him nor can they call for an exemption and  support another candidate at the GOP convention.

He has trapped them with their own rules.  The man is scarily brilliant....."Art of the Deal"

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You can keep at your Alinsky tactics, it doesn't change the truth... Funny, Stone is speaking for Trump again... You know, the guy he fired?

I'm sorry you are drunk on the Trump-Aid. You do seem like a decent guy who loves his country, but you are willfully oblivious to, or are outright ignoring, Trump's very real and very documented past sir.
View Quote

Wow, you might want to consider a keyboard timeout.  

At least until the waves of hysteria have passed.  

You're embarrassing yourself.

And when you come back, can you bring something new?  

The current shit is worn out, repititious, and dog-eared.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Who here actually believes that one of the power weasels in DC can actually outthink trump?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

History and the truth don't change, and you've yet to refute it. This isn't hysteria, but trying to dismiss it as such is straight out of Alinsky.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tryhards gonna tryhard.

Wonder what country Hiram is going to threaten to move to if Trump wins, because that's the next step in his line of reasoning.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#19]
You can bet if Trump sign it, there is something in it for Trump. Because that was some huge leverage he was holding and he didn't give it away for nothing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Tryhards gonna tryhard.  

Wonder what country Hiram is going to threaten to move to if Trump wins, because that's the next step in his line of reasoning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tryhards gonna tryhard.  

Not hardly, I'll stay here. But nice try. Again, I've raised documented issues of concern to any real conservative, and the best you all can do is deflect and disparage. Doesn't bother me, keep it up. And I will keep reminding everyone about Trump's history and contradictions. Have a good evening sir.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

History and the truth don't change, and you've yet to refute it. This isn't hysteria, but trying to dismiss it as such is straight out of Alinsky.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Stone was fired at the perfect time. He gets fired and starts shilling for Trump. I can't find the audio clip, but Trump even said "I should have fired him earlier."

Total coincidence.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Tryhards gonna tryhard.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tryhards gonna tryhard.  

I'll just put that GOPe flack on ignore.

He's got a right to speak, but no right to be heard.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:10:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tryhards gonna tryhard.  

Cool, another notch on my keyboard...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Not hardly, I'll stay here. But nice try. Again, I've raised documented issues of concern to any real conservative, and the best you all can do is deflect and disparage. Doesn't bother me, keep it up. And I will keep reminding everyone about Trump's history and contradictions. Have a good evening sir.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tryhards gonna tryhard.  

Hiram...all well and good...and I do respect your opinion and viewpoint, I always read your posts with interest...

But putting away all your vitriol for Trump, what are the realistic alternatives?  Yes there are some R candidates who can be considered true conservatives, but they don't seem to be doing so well.

I think the "establishment Republicans" whomever they are want and are pushing Jeb....and, truly, if it came down to Jeb and Trump essentially, there is no choice...I'll take my chances with Trump. Hell, don't know if I could ever vote for Jeb, period.

And again, like it or not, Trump seems to be the only one in the race with any balls...that's why the Republicans got trounced twice. Running mealy mouthed pussies....
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I just lost a ton of respect for him
View Quote

Why should he sign it?  He's the frontrunner right now.  Not signing it would give people the impression he didn't think he was going to win.

There's an extremely good chance he's going to be the nominee and is going to need the help of the RNC.  Trump is smart enough to not needlessly antagonize them.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Yea, there's him and a few other posters who are typically really solid, logical posters.

But the T word comes up and they straight up blow it out their ass with "but it's trump, he's a plant" tinfoiler BS attributing and projecting every negative thing they can...

... yet no one really cares and all it's doing is alienating them.  

Trump hate reminds me of paulbot love.

Different sides of the same coin maybe?  Opposite ends of the bellcurve?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I agree....the threat of running 3rd party, even if he had no intention of doing so, made a great trump card (pun intended)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Stupid move

I agree....the threat of running 3rd party, even if he had no intention of doing so, made a great trump card (pun intended)

Yeah -- if he was running behind Bush and Cruz and Rubio.  But he's not.

There's no need to threaten the RNC with a Third Party candidacy if you are the choice of most Republicans.  If anything, the RNC is now going to have to suck up to him.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Why should he sign it?  He's the frontrunner right now.  Not signing it would give people the impression he didn't think he was going to win.

There's an extremely good chance he's going to be the nominee and is going to need the help of the RNC.  Trump is smart enough to not needlessly antagonize them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He did say explicitly that he WOULD sign it, as soon as he felt there was an advantage to, and he felt confident that he had the support of the people.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does GD keep saying this?  Trump wins tbe primary, he wins the nomination, no?
Then again Obama could run for a third term.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Who here actually believes that one of the power weasels in DC can actually outthink trump?
View Quote

None have managed to do it so far, so...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Thank you 98K. I cannot ever support Jeb. I know enough about Trump that I could never believe a word he says. Trump would make a great attack dog for the GOP, but if there is nothing in it for him, he won't play ball. He was going to run for governor of New York, but only if the state party promised him no primary. He milked the process, and the am I running or not shtick, for months. He got the attention he wanted, and bowed out.

I'd really like to see a Cruz/Carson or Cruz/Fiorina ticket. I'm pretty sure they will hit hard, but honestly it's too soon to be throwing hard punches. The first primaries and caucuses are five months out. Yes, Trump is getting attention for shaking things up. How long will it last? His numbers are still high, but others are closing the gaps. When the field narrows, do you see supporters from weaker candidates going to Trump or one of the more traditional candidates? I see them coalescing around Cruz, Walker, Carson, and Rubio. Some may go to Jeb, but there is a lot of Bush fatigue and people are clearly fed up with the status quo (me included).

Hey Trump could pull it off, and he certainly would be better than the current clown in office. At least he doesn't hate America. If he is elected, we'll survive it just fine. I'm not predicting Armageddon if he prevails. I just know too much about this man to have any confidence in him.

Appreciate your kind words.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I am not hog wild about Mr. Trump myself--- however--- I am sick of the GOP trying to ram Jeb down my throat,, don't want him... Millions like me feel the exact same way, Get a guy off the back of a BFI garbage truck and he could do better than Obozo. Trump veru well might be the best for the country at this time, he will strengthen the military and certainly will not be a weak-ass milktoast like the Loser-in-Chief.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Jokes on us, we are going to get stuck with Jeb either way now
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/7SS24_CgwEM/maxresdefault.jpg

Jokes on us, we are going to get stuck with Jeb either way now

It was inevitable as he begins to be taken more seriously by Republican donors.  If you like Trump, this is not a bad thing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
He was going to run for governor of New York, but only if the state party promised him no primary. He milked the process, and the am I running or not shtick, for months. He got the attention he wanted, and bowed out.

I'd really like to see a Cruz/Carson or Cruz/Fiorina ticket. I'm pretty sure they will hit hard, but honestly it's too soon to be throwing hard punches. The first primaries and caucuses are five months out. Yes, Trump is getting attention for shaking things up. How long will it last? His numbers are still high, but others are closing the gaps. When the field narrows, do you see supporters from weaker candidates going to Trump or one of the more traditional candidates? I see them coalescing around Cruz, Walker, Carson, and Rubio. Some may go to Jeb, but there is a lot of Bush fatigue and people are clearly fed up with the status quo (me included).

Hey Trump could pull it off, and he certainly would be better than the current clown in office. At least he doesn't hate America. If he is elected, we'll survive it just fine. I'm not predicting Armageddon if he prevails. I just know too much about this man to have any confidence in him.

Appreciate your kind words.
View Quote

Hey man, notice my state??? I watched it all with great interest. I drove by his "fundraiser/appearance" in Buffalo at Salvatore's...I thought from the beginning he was the only one who could even get close to defeating the Princess. He had his own war chest that made even the Princess's look small...and most importantly he had instant name recognition...unlike any of the Repubs candidates running then. Hell, Astor-who???

I liked Astorino, I met him a couple of times at gunshows when he stopped at our tables. I pledged my support, gave money, put up signs, and talked with everyone I knew. But I never had a good feeling. His war chest was puny, he couldn't come close to competing with the Princess, who massacred him with ads. And unless you were a gun guy who hated the SAFE act, lets face it, save down state, no one knew who he was.

When Trump never really started, I knew in my heart we had no chance. I have to wonder if the presidency was in Trumps ultimate plans, and he decided not to even mess with running for Governor.

You are right though, its too early to get all bent out of shape at this point...look at Hillary in 2008...she was the perceived shoe in, until some unknown, just elected community organizer came out of nowhere...I am not getting excited about anyone just yet, just enjoying the Trump show and watching blacken the eyes of the establishment Repubs...

I just hate the way the media is, as usual for the last 20 years, been trying to shape the race the way they want it by outright lying and defining the Repubs as they see fit in order put the candidate they want into the race...

Notice how quickly all the BS came out about Cain when he was gaining steam...the media did not want him running, and miraculously unknown women suddenly appeared to smear him, and he went quietly away...

I'll wait and see how things shake out, but I do like watching Trump....

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
First smart thing he's done in a while. Good for him.
View Quote

No reason not to, considering he's going to win.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#37]
He changed it around to make it sound like the pledge of allegiance

"So I will totally be pledging my allegiance to the Republican party, and the conservative principles for which it stands"

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody needs to refute your amorphous and nebulous allegations.

YOU need to prove them and you have not.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
He changed it around to make it sound like the pledge of allegiance

"So I will totally be pledging my allegiance to the Republican party, and the conservative principles for which it stands"

https://youtu.be/kP0wmxoHTy0
View Quote

He seems a lot more tame. Did the chairman employ some mind control device or drug on him?

Where are the insults?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Tryhards gonna tryhard.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tryhards gonna tryhard.  

Problem with many from that State is that they are already defeated,  gun owners and repubs in that area are so beat down like whipped dogs that they are conditioned that a "jeb" or a Chris Christy will be acceptable to the rest of the country...

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tryhards gonna tryhard.  

Outta one side of your mouth you are telling me the sky is falling,  and outta the other ya tell me it's too early in the game and he's going nowhere in the end...

Again....why u so worried if he's gonna flame out?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sir please. His words are his words and part of the public record, as are his political donations. All you need to do sir is open your eyes. I get it, you don't want to. But the most damning evidence against Trump are his own words and actions.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Problem with many from that State is that they are already defeated,  gun owners and repubs in that area are so beat down like whipped dogs that they are conditioned that a "jeb" or a Chris Christy will be acceptable to the rest of the country...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tryhards gonna tryhard.  

I think I've said repeatedly I will support neither. I'm hardly beat down, but keep telling yourself whatever you need to in order not to admit what Trump truly is. I've done more to fight for conservative values in NYS than Trump could ever dream of, and I never donated money to Cuomo, Hillary, Gillibrand, Schumer, and Bloomberg.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tryhards gonna tryhard.  

"Another notch on your keyboard"?

Collecting scalps ?

That sort of attitude seems to be familiar.

From whom have we heard that sort of braggadocio before.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Outta one side of your mouth you are telling me the sky is falling,  and outta the other ya tell me it's too early in the game and he's going nowhere in the end...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tryhards gonna tryhard.  

The same reason I got concerned when David Duke decided to run for office, his character was used to brand the party as a whole. I'd prefer not to be called on to apologize for Donald's mouth while we are trying to elect conservatives down ticket. Calling any woman a bimbo or pig is not going to help fight the BS belief that the GOP is anti-women. I hate PC too, but there is a degree of decorum I expect from the leader of the free world.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#46]
I saw some rebuttal from Jeb towards Trump today. Jeb made himself sound like a weak ass bitch.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Don't be too hasty. I'm guessing he signed it because he expects to win, and would then demand their support.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be too hasty. I'm guessing he signed it because he expects to win, and would then demand their support.

This.
That Jeb would have to support him in public would be an awesome scene.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Stupid move

View Quote

why buy the cow
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

"_Another notch on your keyboard"?

Collecting scalps ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

"_Another notch on your keyboard"?

Collecting scalps ?

ftfy

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Collecting scalps ?

View Quote

I have no idea, do tell. Collecting scalps? I said I was glad to be added to another Trumpeteer's ignore list. Please, if you have something to say, by all means sir don't beat around the Jeb.
Page / 8
Top Top