Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Leg humper thread.
View Quote

Somebody just needs to make a .gif of the jackin' it photo so the hand moves up and down on the can, and it will perfectly describe this thread.  

ETA:  To be fair, I have no idea if the can is any good or not.  I just think the photo is hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be buying one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be trying one out
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I love Larue products....

Just a bit too heavy for a modern can though.

ETA - If I weren't in a weird ultralight weight fantasy fuck right now I would probably fo.... I already have a heavy .308 can and hate it. The next one will be sub 16 oz.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
God could shit a gold brick and you guys would find something wrong with it.

I see an affordable supressor from a reputable company. And what ever happened to function over form? Your rifle is a tool not a barbie doll.
View Quote

Nailed it
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Great Price for what I hope is a great suppressor...and the "Valet" service option seems awesome.....
View Quote

The Valet service and the NFA Trust service are very nice touches!  That's one heck of a deal on a .308 can from a manufacturer that stands behind their products.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#10]
The extra weight (what, 2~3oz over SureFire?) is not even an issue when you consider the reduction in back pressure.  

Adjustable gas blocks can only do so much.  Anything that reduces the fouling or back pressure caused by shooting suppressed is a plus in my book.  Besides, if most of the people buying these already own a .308 AR, I doubt a few ounces I going to be the difference between "just right" and "I can't lift this boat anchor"
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm sorry I can't, the damn thing looks like a ribbed condom.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Your American cans are too expensive
View Quote

For us, thanks to the asinine NFA, they are lifetime + purchases.  I had to wait over a year after paying for my .308 suppressor and paying the NFA tax to take possession.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ever put a mirage cover on a suppressor?

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#14]

That's the same price as my YHM suppressor... If these get decent reviews, I'm getting one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm going to say I like the look. I might have to get one for the collection.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I ordered one. It will be my first can. I hope I get a cool owner hat and dillo
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like an olde times cannon
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not quite, coz your $200 tax stamp is not included in the cost of the can, it's extra
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because theres more to them than steel wool and leather wipes.

Ummm, how little you realise

One example among many

It isn't inferior designs that make European cans cheap, it is the lack of Gov't meddling.

Not quite, coz your $200 tax stamp is not included in the cost of the can, it's extra

The only people who buy cans in the US are those with a lot of interest or a fair amount of disposable funds. Despite the process being relatively easy, the barriers it erects greatly reduces the potential buyers... Can makers up the price to compensate, I guess.

I'm up to three cans (30, 45, and an f1 30) and honestly aside from weight the f1 can is functionally as good as any commercial can I have tried in terms of perceived noise. The Larue can is a better deal than most, even if it looks like a robot wrapping his dick.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I respect ML and have a few of his mounts (and even a nagelene (sp?) bottle), but I just can't do it when I can build my own for $150.

If I was an operating operator who operated I would run it in my high speed, low drag tactical kit.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You will be rewarded for your LEPE of faith.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The way I see it, the barrels were great looking that I bought. The mounts, nothing else to say about them.

I don't really see you half assing anything at this point in the game so screw it. Could the mount be cooler looking? I don't know. Could the can be cooler looking? I don't know, I kind of like the way it looks. If I ever save up enough money to buy one of your factory guns it will be cool to have matching brands.

If seal team 6/delta/rangers uses one in a bad ass raid and pics leak out of someone with it, I'll be ahead of the curve of the operators buying them up.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#24]
You know, if nothing else, at least the LaRue team can take a joke.  

Lots of people would get butthurt, take the picture down, maybe try to cover their tracks or something...

But here we've got the owner of the company willing to crack a joke along with everyone else at a silly picture that just happens to look like...  Well...  

So bravo for that.  Thanks for being cool about it.

I know some of your other recent product releases were kinda rough, socially.  And this...  While I wouldn't say it's smooth...  Let's say it's "ribbed for pleasure."  

Joking aside, I don't mind saying I won't be buying (soon at least).  I already have a good .308 can (albeit a bit outdated now), but more than that, it's a big hassle to transfer stuff in MD.  If I lived in TX, I might feel differently.  But for me it's hassle more than price.  I won't be buying any other .308 can either.  But that's me as one consumer.

But I do look forward to the inevitable reviews, and even if it's not a product for me, more manufacturers hopefully means one more step towards deregulation, which is what we all really want.  Then I'll buy suppressors for everything.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

ill draft his trust for him gratis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're crazy, man.

You still need money for the MG case?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#27]
.... Reaaaaaaaaaally don't need another 762 can... But this one's Larue.. And the price...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I just got my 762-SD or I'd probably be in for one. I am in the market for a rimfire or centerfire pistol can.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Mark,

I don't know if you are able to answer this, or If you care to respond me...  Are these ready to ship? Or is this a case of pre-ordering while we wait for production to be completed or ramped up?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Interesting....
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:39:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way man are you serious???

Steak, wings, pizza, bbq, beer, sweet tea whatever is on me next time you come up to Olive Branch area if you have time. Wow.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Somebody just needs to make a .gif of the jackin' it photo so the hand moves up and down on the can, and it will perfectly describe this thread.  

ETA:  To be fair, I have no idea if the can is any good or not.  I just think the photo is hilarious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Leg humper thread.

Paging Mikhail_86...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:10:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For those commenting on the shape:

"Along the tube, knurled bands provide structural robustness as well as added grip for installation and removal. This profile also helps keep mirage covers from slipping forward during extended periods of use. "

It's not like two pages of users couldn't go to the site and, you know, read about it or something.

http://www.larue.com/larue-tranquilo-sound-suppressor-m308

It does look goofy. But it's designed to be used the way many precision rifle guys shoot... with a cover.

Nice price.

View Quote

He must not have gotten the memo that there are quite a few suppressor covers are designed with a lip so they don't slip forward...

Neat idea though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, there are those designed with a lip in the back that prevents it from sliding forward and works flawlessly.  You should try it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
kinda cool.. wish it was dissasemblable for easer cleaning..

and of course like all LaRue products, out of my price range..
View Quote

800 for a internet membership and Larue is out of your price range?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:21:23 PM EDT
[#36]
where the pic of a traffic cone showing AAC is off-center?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Needs more proprietary acronyms...

SOT (Safer Operator Technology)

LEPE (Lower Ejection Port Emissions)
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Why are you paying so much for suppressors?  I bought two Sakers from SILENCER SHOP, and didn't pay over a grand for either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Surprised at the price point.

$700 seemed reasonably priced to me, but then again, I know nothing about suppressors.  

it's actually a damn good price.  the SAKER is over 1k.  KAC's is about 1.4k.  SDN6 about 750ish.  700 is a fantastic price point.

Why are you paying so much for suppressors?  I bought two Sakers from SILENCER SHOP, and didn't pay over a grand for either.

I did too. In fact I think I paid 800 for my 556 and 860 for my 762. But price in them have seem to have gone up.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:02:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Outstanding.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:37:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:41:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Found a text in my phone this morning ...

Our lock-on clamping mechanism is a unique and nice feature.

ML
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Found a text in my phone this morning ...

After 500 rds your can was so easy to take off.
Super impressive to everyone.
Normally we have to bash cans off.

Our lock-on clamping mechanism is a unique and nice feature.

ML

Keeps sounding better and better

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:59:34 AM EDT
[#42]
I think it looks classy, and is priced great considering it has a QD mechanism. Good luck with the sales ML, I've already got two 308 cans in the chute or I would be lookin closer.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
He must not have gotten the memo that there are quite a few suppressor covers are designed with a lip so they don't slip forward...

Neat idea though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Along the tube, knurled bands provide structural robustness as well as added grip for installation and removal. This profile also helps keep mirage covers from slipping forward during extended periods of use. "

It's not like two pages of users couldn't go to the site and, you know, read about it or something.

It does look goofy. But it's designed to be used the way many precision rifle guys shoot... with a cover.

Nice price.

Neat idea though.

But they do slip back.  Might never be a problem on a range.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:20:28 AM EDT
[#44]
I'd be in if NY did not ban them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice price.

Neat idea though.

I've had one on my suppressor while hunting through the woods and the cover hasn't moved but minimally, but, I'm not running with it either.

Sincere question.

How big of a problem has this been for you and other users of covers in the field?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because theres more to them than steel wool and leather wipes.

Ummm, how little you realise

One example among many

It isn't inferior designs that make European cans cheap, it is the lack of Gov't meddling.

Why don't you post all the really cool firearms you are allowed to attach it to and really make us jealous.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Already hearing about how 23oz is too heavy for it. What's a typical weight of a 308 suppressor?
View Quote

MY SDN-6 is 20oz.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I've had one on my suppressor while hunting through the woods and the cover hasn't moved but minimally, but, I'm not running with it either.
Sincere question.

How big of a problem has this been for you and other users of covers in the field?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice price.

Neat idea though.

Sincere question.

We didn't have suppressors back in my day (we were kewl with M16A2s and a few Colt Carbines).  Okay, we sometimes got to use a suppressed Sten and it had a lace-on cover (probably asbestos) that was practically welded to the barrel.

Mine's slipped back in classes.  A bunch.  And on the range.  And I've burned the crap out of a shooting mat that way.

I really doubt the usefulness of a cover except for safety (burns hurt!) unless you are in a desperate firefight where you can't aim because the heat distortion from your suppressor affects your optic.  Never seems to bother machine gunners (and what about heat from the rifle barrel)?

On the other hand, LaRue didn't just make it ribbed "for her pleasure".  That's extra work / cost.  Mark isn't Jesse James - he strikes me as a practical "form follows function" guy.

I'll bet someone in the Texas Ranger Reconnaissance unit made that input.  I'll bet some field testing was done.  Underbrush and thorns maybe?  Outside is full of stuff like that.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:18:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

We didn't have suppressors back in my day (we were kewl with M16A2s and a few Colt Carbines).  Okay, we sometimes got to use a suppressed Sten and it had a lace-on cover (probably asbestos) that was practically welded to the barrel.

Mine's slipped back in classes.  A bunch.  And on the range.  And I've burned the crap out of a shooting mat that way.

I really doubt the usefulness of a cover except for safety (burns hurt!) unless you are in a desperate firefight where you can't aim because the heat distortion from your suppressor affects your optic.  Never seems to bother machine gunners (and what about heat from the rifle barrel)?

On the other hand, LaRue didn't just make it ribbed "for her pleasure".  That's extra work / cost.  Mark isn't Jesse James - he strikes me as a practical "form follows function" guy.

Thanks for the info.
I'll bet someone in the Texas Ranger Reconnaissance unit made that input.  I'll bet some field testing was done.  Underbrush and thorns maybe?  Outside is full of stuff like that.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Mark,

I've been waiting for this for years. Ordered mine, and cant wait to throw some rounds down range with it.
Now I just need to find a Class III in my neck of PA!

Thanks again, looking forward to adding it to my LT collection!
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top