Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
never appreciated people doing that to me. you figure once i have the transaction planned and a date/time set, i stop looking for that item. if you bail after i pass up on other deals, because i thought we had already made a deal, i'm now boned. not cool.

on another note, i've flat out refused to deal with people on armslist/craigslist after they bailed on a previous deal. i recognized their email address and they didn't get the time of day, because they'd already wasted my time before. even if they were serious and willing to supposedly pay my asking price, they went straight to the spam folder. just something to consider if you buy/sell frequently.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#2]
troll someone else, you will not like the outcome
View Quote

Are you making an offer or a deal?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah right, you were insinuating I have little or no integrity so don't be shy or think you're under the radar, don't be a coward, say it

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now you're stalking

Nope, just wildly amused by your posts today.
Yeah right, you were insinuating I have little or no integrity so don't be shy or think you're under the radar, don't be a coward, say it

Now what reason would i have to insinuate something like that?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#4]
My word is worth more than $50 to me.  

What I have started doing is telling people up front that the object isn't sold until money has exchanged hands.   That way if this type of situation arises, I could go back to the original buyer and let him know that there is a better offer and allow him to match it or walk.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We are the ones in a fantasy land?

We aren't the ones who think welching on a deal is ok.

I hear CTD is hiring
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish i lived in the fantasy land some of you guys do.

for some reason i imagine it as hundreds of Sam Elliott's running around.

i don't know why i guess hes like the quintessential good cowboy.

Until then this is a Tag I'm interested in if i will be proven right and damn all of humanity, or if ethics will step forward and change the world.

this better not be a safe thread.

I hear CTD is hiring

Did money change hands? has the buyer given the OP his Credit card info?

i doubt any gunshop would hold something for a random guy on the phone that would probably will come by tomorrow and buy it.

plus its not the EE if it were then i would tell the OP he made a deal.

fact is welching is almost the norm for the rest of the internet.

i cant think of once off hand that a seller didn't try and talk me down after meeting.

i guess i should have stormed off grumbling about a man and his word.

like i said if the OP doesn't sell it today I'm interested if the other guy shows.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Venue doesn't matter, if you agree to something you should follow through.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Facebook? Deal is struck when items change hands.

So your word means nothing?

not on a Facebook buy/sell/trade page

Venue doesn't matter, if you agree to something you should follow through.

This!  How exactly do you put money in someones hand through facebook?
He said he made the deal already.  He should tell $250 that if the first deal falls through then he gets it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now you're stalking

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Looks like you have been avoiding everyone in the EE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Facebook? Deal is struck when items change hands.

So your word means nothing?

ETA - OP, sounds like you have an agreement to sell your item already, unless the buyer backs out you should feel obligated to complete that transaction.

You know how I know you don't sell shit on FB?

75% of the fuckers saying they will buy will bail at the last minute.  FB is not arfcom.

So that gives you an excuse to just break deals willy-nilly?

Another person to avoid on the EE

Looks like you have been avoiding everyone in the EE

There are a few things that I am interested in, but the funds are not there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now you're stalking

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif

I saw her pic and now I don't want to fight with her LOL

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
First person to get me agreed money in my hand makes the deal.  To many agree to pay and never pay or show.
View Quote

Ever driven a few hundred miles to pick something up, only to arrive and be told "a local guy offered me twenty bucks more right before you got here" ?????
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bust a deal, face the wheel.

How much is your honor and word worth? I would keep the original deal.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now you're stalking

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif

I know right
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

i doubt any gunshop would hold something for a random guy on the phone that would probably will come by tomorrow and buy it.

i cant think of once off hand that a seller didn't try and talk me down after meeting.

like i said if the OP doesn't sell it today I'm interested if the other guy shows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish i lived in the fantasy land some of you guys do.

for some reason i imagine it as hundreds of Sam Elliott's running around.

i don't know why i guess hes like the quintessential good cowboy.

Until then this is a Tag I'm interested in if i will be proven right and damn all of humanity, or if ethics will step forward and change the world.

this better not be a safe thread.

I hear CTD is hiring

#1, they agreed to do a deal, if the op sells to the second buyer, he is breaching the contract

#2, and? If they agree to sell it to me, then sell it to someone else, they are in breach of contract, just because they did it, doesn't make it ok

#3 you've been trying to argue that welching isn't a scummy thing to do, so why not try it on the EE? After all, everyone else does it

#4 so what? If the first guy doesn't buy, there is nothing wrong with selling to the second buyer, but if you still have a deal with the first buyer, then you are welching.

So what if welching is the norm? That doesn't change the fact that welchers are scumbags.

Your entire argument consists of "well everyone else does it, so its ok if i do it!"

Its sad and pitiful.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:Yeah right, you were insinuating I have little or no integrity so don't be shy or think you're under the radar, don't be a coward, say it

So that's a no on continuing our discussion about honor and integrity?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just don't want anyone to search for your posts on videotaping non-consenting sexual partners.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Even Tony Montana knows what the OP should do.

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one. Do you understand?"  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You just don't want anyone to search for your posts on videotaping non-consenting sexual partners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No they can, they will see I said I would never do that and it is a low thing to do, I got into trouble with you girls because I said it's none of my business if it's legal.

I neither condemned it or approved of it.

The real problem like you girls stated is that these type videos have a habit of getting out, thats wrong on every level.

A woman puts her trust in you (has sex) and you betray her by posting that stuff online you should be horse whipped.

Is there redemption here or what?  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No they can, they will see I said I would never do that and it is a low thing to do, I got into trouble with you girls because I said it's none of my business if it's legal.
The real problem like you girls stated is that these type videos have a habit of getting out, thats wrong on every level.
A woman puts her trust in you (has sex) and you betray her by posting that stuff online you should be horse whipped.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You didn't say it was a low thing to do, you said you didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

And then, IIRC, you gave Naamah a bunch of shit for getting on a high horse and went off about how she couldn't dictate morality to other people.

It's just ironic, is all.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#19]
The item is sold when you say yes to someone's offer.  Don't go back on your word.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#20]
You should honor your original agreement .  Plain and simple .

You know what " Honor " is don't you ???

Keep your word.   It's kinda a man thing .  

gd
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Technically, you initially said you see nothing wrong with it. And then went to great lengths to justify it. And only 12 pages later, following one hell of a dog pile, said you wouldn't do it and that it was low. Since we're discussing integrity, honesty is important.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You didn't say it was a low thing to do, you said you didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

And then, IIRC, you gave Naamah a bunch of shit for getting on a high horse and went off about how she couldn't dictate morality to other people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That part is pretty rich too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#23]

WWJWD . . .

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Technically, you initially said you see nothing wrong with it. And then went to great lengths to justify it. And only 12 pages later, following one hell of a dog pile, said you wouldn't do it and that it was low. Since we're discussing integrity, honesty is important.

View Quote

This just got interesting.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#25]
deals not done till money changes hands..

I once made arrangements to sell a musical instrument for 5k, someone else comes along and offers me 6k..

5k guy was pissed, but what the fuck...thats an extra grand, no way am I missing out on that
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

The item is sold when you say yes to someone's offer.  Don't go back on your word.
View Quote
Agreed on the second half of this post. First part of this post is NOPE.

Item is sold when its paid for and on its way to the buyer. Had you said SOLD PENDING PAYMENT or something like that that would be different. Assuming your first sentence is true, I sold one car at least 5 times.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I once made arrangements to sell a musical instrument for 5k, someone else comes along and offers me 6k..

5k guy was pissed, but what the fuck...thats an extra grand, no way am I missing out on that

View Quote
I GUESS YOUR INTEGRITY IS WORTH $1000

grumble

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you agreed to his terms, then he should be pissed. You either agree to the deal or you don't. If you make it known that the item is still for sale then fine. But if you agree to his terms the deal is done. It's pretty scummy to change the deal after it's been agreed. If you don't want to miss out on $1k (I wouldn't either) then don't agree to anything until you have money in hand.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Stick to deal you made.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Tell person one you will split the $50 with him to sell to #2. Or stand by your word and sell to #1.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

It really is that simple.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#32]
If your word doesn't mean anything, you're pretty much a shitty person
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#33]
These threads are great guides for future EE dealing.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think there are rules here on welching are there not?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Tell the $250 guy that it is sold, don't tell him for how much, and tell him if guy #1 backs out, then it is his, for $250. You don't dump the guy you made a deal with, especially since you've set a time for transfer goods!
View Quote
This is the proper move.

You keep your integrity and still maximize possible outcome.  Half the time, the person won't show up or flakes out, or shows up with half the cash.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Buyers are flakes.You have a 50% chance either of them will show.
Cash in hand get's it and I make that clear whenever I put something online to sell.
View Quote

With Facebook and Craigslist I agree but say it is more like 90% of people welch around here.  I used to say that I would hold items until the next day or for a couple of days but no more as it just became too aggravating.

The other day I had a guy post in my ad (here in the EE) that he would take an item, then e-mailed me that he would take it, and finally e-mailed me again 20 minutes later stating that his Paypal funds were locked and he was backing out.  If I wanted to be an asshole I could have reported him as welching I could have but no harm was done.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. They either reaffirm someone's sense of honor, or they function as one for those who have none.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

BS

I said if the guy was sincerely just protecting himself and not going to ever let the videos out and it WAS LEGAL I had no problem with him doing that for that one motive PERIOD.

Don't like it, too bad , change the laws

Now you happy you girls hijacked this thread?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#39]
This has to be a troll thread.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote
It is now that the girls have hi-jacked it

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are a sanctimonious gaggle of geese.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:02:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm not sure why people are dragging shit up from past threads in here, but lets move on from it please.
View Quote

Do you ever feel like trying to control the direction of threads is like trying to contain a large ball of Play-Doh by squeezing it harder?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#45]
My word is worth more than $50.

Cover your ass next time by telling someone up front that it isn't sold until money exchanges hands.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:32:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Facebook or Craigslist cash first wins. Some people don't show up.

With that said I never back out once I tell someone it's theirs. Always state first to show with payment gets it.
View Quote

All of this.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need a rule to prevent you from welching on your word?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
BS
I said if the guy was sincerely just protecting himself and not going to ever let the videos out and it WAS LEGAL I had no problem with him doing that for that one motive PERIOD.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BS

That is NOT what the law says. We went over this over IM. Just about every single state requires consent to video tape them while naked. Period.

Oops sorry mods just caught the other post. I believe it's important that people don't actually think jrzy is right about this being legal....
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Sometimes it's more like this .  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not sure why people are dragging shit up from past threads in here, but lets move on from it please.

Do you ever feel like trying to control the direction of threads is like trying to contain a large ball of Play-Doh by squeezing it harder?

We are cats
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

We are cats
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are cats

We'd be so much easier to herd if there were less of us, and there are a lot of people lately trying to make themselves less of us.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top