BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 245
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My issue with it was that it was a gimmick to keep some sort of suspense through an underwhelming storyline and it was under utilized.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The writers are so gutless

They arent gutless. Hes part of a future story line that cant happen without him.

My issue with it was that it was a gimmick to keep some sort of suspense through an underwhelming storyline and it was under utilized.

That's a good way of putting it, and I agree.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone think that Enid chick is cute?
View Quote

The actress is only 16.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Can I see it happening? Yes. The RPG is a chekhov's gun... the problem is I cannot actually see -how- they are going to use it. I'm kind of giddy to find out...

I may be in the minority but I could actually see Father Feckless doing the exact opposite in an attempt to square himself with Rick. They've been going out of their way to show Rick's contempt for him, it would make for better character development if he proved Rick wrong... even better if he did so and got eaten because of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could anyone see Abraham putting the rpg to use?

Can I see it happening? Yes. The RPG is a chekhov's gun... the problem is I cannot actually see -how- they are going to use it. I'm kind of giddy to find out...

I also imagine the pastor temporarily keeping people out of the church.

I may be in the minority but I could actually see Father Feckless doing the exact opposite in an attempt to square himself with Rick. They've been going out of their way to show Rick's contempt for him, it would make for better character development if he proved Rick wrong... even better if he did so and got eaten because of it.

My guess:

They park the gas truck X distance away from the walls, still in sight of the town and walkers.  All three evacuate the truck to a safe distance.  Abe shoots the truck with the RPG and there's just enough gas remaining in the truck to make a huge fiery explosion that gets the walkers' attention and draws them away form the town after only a few of them make it through the walls (to get easily picked off by Rick's crew and a few prepared Alexandrians).

The writers get their half-season finale explosion, a(nother) semi-cliff-hanger as to whether or not the walkers pull back to any meaningful degree, and any number of primary and secondary cast can be killed at any point in the episode leading up to this moment.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

. . . it's still the best zombie show on TV
View Quote

It's not like there's a lot of competition for that title.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My guess:

They park the gas truck X distance away from the walls, still in sight of the town and walkers.  All three evacuate the truck to a safe distance.  Abe shoots the truck with the RPG and there's just enough gas remaining in the truck to make a huge fiery explosion that gets the walkers' attention and draws them away form the town after only a few of them make it through the walls (to get easily picked off by Rick's crew and a few prepared Alexandrians).

The writers get their half-season finale explosion, a(nother) semi-cliff-hanger as to whether or not the walkers pull back to any meaningful degree, and any number of primary and secondary cast can be killed at any point in the episode leading up to this moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess:

oooh or maybe daryl,sasha and abe meet those two who stole daryls motorcycle , and they suggest using their same plan of leaving a trail of fuel and then lighting them up.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Wait for her to grow up & then comment...
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

She does look a little chip monkish.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My guess:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess:

They need to get rid of most of the Alexandria group (but they probably won't) & go back to Rick's core group.
Dump Sasha, Gabriel, & Tara too.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of the hottest ones fall apart after high school, & some of the train wrecks turn into models.
Pull out your high school yearbook & look a few of them up.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No idea how old she was when the question was asked. Humor.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone think that Enid chick is cute?
View Quote

I don't think she will be as hot as Maggie when she grows up to be a woman. She's just a little kid. She looks fourteen. Still has baby fat in her face.

Tara, on the other hand, is growing on me. Pregnancy is making the actress glow and she's just lovely. I like her smile.

I'm early 40s ... and I still think Carol is the hottest chick on the show. I've never, ever liked short hair on a woman before but it looks nice on her. I think it's her badassery slash batshitcrazy that makes her appealing to me. She went from broken to barbarian and couldn't give two shits who likes her methods. She's gonna kill you first if she feels threatened by you and won't lose a second of sleep or burn whatever she's cooking in the meantime. That's kinda hot to me.

:)

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Watching The Talking Dead, Gale Anne Hurd kind of does it for me.

Am I the only one who didn't know this?  "In the scene in Aliens where Vasquez and Gorman get stuck in the tunnel, the face-shooting scene was actually performed by Producer and James Cameron's then-wife Gale Anne Hurd. Having grown up around guns, Cameron asked her to step in for the close-up weapon handling."

http://www.gavinrothery.com/storage/Photo%2090%20of%20106.jpg

View Quote

I knew the actress who played Vasquez couldn't properly control the handgun and therefore someone else was required to do the shooting, but I didn't know that was her.  Pretty nifty.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Smith & Wesson Model 39 according to this.  There are some more pics of GAH doing the shooting.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Aliens#Smith_.26_Wesson_39

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I the only one who didn't know this?  "In the scene in Aliens where Vasquez and Gorman get stuck in the tunnel, the face-shooting scene was actually performed by Producer and James Cameron's then-wife Gale Anne Hurd. Having grown up around guns, Cameron asked her to step in for the close-up weapon handling."

That's pretty cool.

What pistol does she have?  I thought it was a Star BM, but the triggerguard is shaped differently.
Kind of looks like a Smith ... maybe 2nd generation?
Smith & Wesson Model 39 according to this.  There are some more pics of GAH doing the shooting.

I thought everyone on this site knew about imfdb.org already...well, everyone should.  Quite a few people here could probably even be contributors to it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:23:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I thought everyone on this site knew about imfdb.org already...well, everyone should.  Quite a few people here could probably even be contributors to it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's pretty cool.

What pistol does she have?  I thought it was a Star BM, but the triggerguard is shaped differently.

Kind of looks like a Smith ... maybe 2nd generation?

The Model 39 was pretty inventive for what it was when it first dropped. Badass pistol, especially with the Hushpuppy hooked up.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:31:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I generally dislike S&W semi-autos to the extreme, but ^ right there is undeniably cool.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:54:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I generally dislike S&W semi-autos to the extreme, but ^ right there is undeniably cool.  
View Quote

It saw extensive use in Vietnam by SOF outfits, particularly with SEALs. The main character in my book ends up with one but that's not until the sequel.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Someone's got their days of the week mixed up.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:13:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It saw extensive use in Vietnam by SOF outfits, particularly with SEALs. The main character in my book ends up with one but that's not until the sequel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shouldn't you be writing or editing or something?

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:11:14 AM EDT
[#20]
So I am catching up on TWD.
I am 15 minutes into JSS and once again I am amazed at the complete and utter stupidity of the people on the show.

For fuck's sake, when are they going to learn and get a motherfucking D-11 bulldozer?

They should have a moat / ditch around the entire compound that's at least 8 feet wide and 6 feet deep.

Every entrance should have a "slalom course" entry with some sort of a piece of heavy equipment that's used to block off the gate to prevent someone from ramming the gate with a fucking semi.

Why in the fuck haven't they taken their D-11 and leveled a half mile perimeter around the compound, knocking down all of the trees and buildings?

Killing zone anyone?

How come there isn't a row of concertina wire on the inside, outside and top of the fence?

Why in the fuck isn't everyone armed with an AR15 and 500 rounds of ammo?

You would think that these people would learn from their personal experiences and use some fucking common sense.  

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:28:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Is there any reason a person couldn't chop off a bunch of walker heads at the neck and carry a few in a bag?  Then toss them at fuckers like Wolves or whoever needs bitten?

Face Towards Enemy and shit.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:30:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Calling it, my guess

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:46:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Calling it, my guess

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

My guess;

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:30:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Is there any reason a person couldn't chop off a bunch of walker heads at the neck and carry a few in a bag?  Then toss them at fuckers like Wolves or whoever needs bitten?

Face Towards Enemy and shit.

View Quote

It would work, depending on how bitey the heads were and how slow the person was to react. It would be heavy carrying around a bunch of heads though.

Baby heads would be nice, small, light, and easy to throw. Well, maybe toddlers. You'd want them to have teeth.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I am 15 minutes into JSS and once again I am amazed at the complete and utter stupidity of the people on the show.

For fuck's sake, when are they going to learn and get a motherfucking D-11 bulldozer?

They should have a moat / ditch around the entire compound that's at least 8 feet wide and 6 feet deep.

Every entrance should have a "slalom course" entry with some sort of a piece of heavy equipment that's used to block off the gate to prevent someone from ramming the gate with a fucking semi.

Why in the fuck haven't they taken their D-11 and leveled a half mile perimeter around the compound, knocking down all of the trees and buildings?

Killing zone anyone?

How come there isn't a row of concertina wire on the inside, outside and top of the fence?

You would think that these people would learn from their personal experiences and use some fucking common sense.  

View Quote

Because.

If they did all this they'd be absolutely safe.
If they did all this there wouldn't be a reason to give up and allow Rick to take over.
If they did all this there wouldn't be any drama.
If they did all this there wouldn't be a show.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Oops double post.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My guess;

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Calling it, my guess

Click To View Spoiler

My guess;

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Calling it, my guess
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Because.

If they did all this there wouldn't be a reason to give up and allow Rick to take over.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Killing zone anyone?

Because.

I'd love to see Ricks group wandering and come upon a group and compound such as described above.  Then being told "move along, we don't need you here"

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Alexandria has lost their Architect, they've lost their Doctor, and they've lost their only Civil Engineer.  They've lost people during their attempt to herd the Walker horde, they lost people when the Wolves raided, and now they're going to lose people due to the Walkers breaching their wall.  In short, Alexandria is going to have a serious labor shortage, which will make scavenging the equipment they need and accomplishing the necessary tasks to improve their defenses extremely difficult.

Their current method of recruitment will need to be re-examined.  

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Will Tobin be the next to die.

He's one of the useful-members not in the original core group.

.  .     .  
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'd love to see Ricks group wandering and come upon a group and compound such as described above.  Then being told "move along, we don't need you here"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Killing zone anyone?

Because.

I could be in a falling down shack getting zombie baby heads hurled at me and I'd still refuse Ricks group.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I could be in a falling down shack getting zombie baby heads hurled at me and I'd still refuse Ricks group.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Killing zone anyone?

Because.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Killing zone anyone?

Because.

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M9055c8545334fa6350e660122eead295H2&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Come on, that was pretty good meta.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm calling it now.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm calling it now.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I don't believe that

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Because.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

Because.

The fuck, I watch Gold Rush, I do watch people operating bulldozers and other equipment who are scraping the ground clear of vegetation.
I also watch Axmen, so I do watch people clearing out forests and thickets with bulldozers and other equipment.
There's plenty of drama right there.

You know what I would do?
I would dig a trench about 8 feet deep and 6 feet wide and then I would fill it full of the heads I cut off the walkers bodies.
The heads would still be "alive" and chomping away at anything that fell into trench.
That's where I would toss the "bad guys" into instead of wasting bullets.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Tobin is one of the few folks left with actual construction experience and know how.  He should have his own body guard and be protected 24/7 as a VIP.  However, Rick seems to not value the guy whatsoever and of course will just treat him the same as the fat chick who sits all day in the community armory/warehouse (by the way who monitors that fat chick to make sure she's not consuming more than her allotted rations each day?) .  

Rick doesn't seem to value anyone with any skills beyond those of dispatching Walkers.  He's a horrible leader in that regard, because he doesn't know how to maximize his greatest resources.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Tobin is one of the few folks left with actual construction experience and know how.  He should have his own body guard and be protected 24/7 as a VIP.  However, Rick seems to not value the guy whatsoever and of course will just treat him the same as the fat chick who sits all day in the community armory/warehouse (by the way who monitors that fat chick to make sure she's not consuming more than her allotted rations each day?) .  

Rick doesn't seem to value anyone with any skills beyond those of dispatching Walkers.  He's a horrible leader in that regard, because he doesn't know how to maximize his greatest resources.

View Quote

Agreed to a point. Rick is living day to day unlike at the prison. Hershel was the planner. Like it or not he needs Janeway to keep things balanced.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#41]
I think that is because Rick is still stuck in survival mode, where the most valuable skill is the ability to dispatch walkers and hostile living alike. Rick's journey is a lot like the "evolution of man" joke from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: How can we eat? Why do we eat? And where do you want to have lunch? Rick is still stuck on "how can we eat", his prime concern is security and fighting capability above all else. He was the same way before the prison... but once they were in the prison he began to transition to more problem solving leadership role. And it could be argued that the downfall of the prison, and all the weirdos and whack jobs he encountered in the wake, are why Rick is having such a hard time transitioning out of hunter-killer mode inside Alexandria.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I think that is because Rick is still stuck in survival mode, where the most valuable skill is the ability to dispatch walkers and hostile living alike. Rick's journey is a lot like the "evolution of man" joke from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: How can we eat? Why do we eat? And where do you want to have lunch? Rick is still stuck on "how can we eat", his prime concern is security and fighting capability above all else. He was the same way before the prison... but once they were in the prison he began to transition to more problem solving leadership role. And it could be argued that the downfall of the prison, and all the weirdos and whack jobs he encountered in the wake, are why Rick is having such a hard time transitioning out of hunter-killer mode inside Alexandria.
View Quote

Rick understand every grain of sand out there.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

And the Wolves prove that he still needs to be in that mode to a large extent. Someone posted that he needs Janeway. I agree with that. She's a planner. I doubt she makes it out of the herd breach though. She may have come around but she's still weak.
I still get pissed when I see the damn wall braces on the outside of the wall. It may have looked pretty on the inside but left the place a total death trap. A bunch of new world barbarians had no problems sneaking up and scaling those damn walls and wreaking havoc.
I'm betting Daryl, Abe and Sasha somewhat save the day but there has to be a mid-season cliff hanger. So, who will it be?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#44]
my wild prediction for the night:

glenn dies while maggie watches.

think about it--they've set it up perfectly.  the entire internet is alternately smug or annoyed about his narrow escape, "proving" that the showrunners don't have the balls to kill a core character.  the comics readers know his future story, and are confident in their knowledge.   we have a big romantic reunion coming up, and we all know it.   and we have his interactions with enid--dying would prove enid right.

plus it's the midseason finale.  glenn dying now would break the internet.

i can see plenty of reasons why it wouldn't happen, but i won't be entirely surprised if it does.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Nicholas tried to kill Gene .and then they became good buddies. Is this how it's gonna
go with porchdick Jr. and Carl.

Tobin will be eliminated tonight. In a very gruesome manner.

I think Janeway is gonna have a tough night and get beat up but she'll survive.

I don't think Gean will make it back home tonight. something will happen
and delay is homecoming. Abraham will be the savior with his little band
of helpers and his new artillery racking havoc on the Walkers. I wish we
knew exactly how many people were living inside the walls because. I think a
lot of them are gonna die tonight. And maybe a couple of walkers.

.  .  
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Abraham had his moment with the RPG walker last week, he has a newfound lust for life (and Sasha), therefore he will give his life in a blaze of glory with the fuel truck and probably the aforementioned RPG.

Just my guess.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#47]
I guess if it is prediction time then my goofy and most likely wrong predictions are:

- Porch Dick Jr and Coral will NOT be friends, and I bet neither of them makes it out of this episode in one piece
- Gene will survive. If they miracled him alive only to troll him dead I will be disappoint.
- One, perhaps two major characters WILL eat a dick... my money is still on Morgan being one of them... after his after school special, his Wolfpet and his little sit-down with HR he is on borrowed time.
- The other main character to die, and one that will inflame the internet more than Gene, is Carol. Her character has topped out from a development standpoint and they either need to give her a new story arc or kill her off.
- Lots of side characters will most likely die. Good chance for Tobin, equal odds for Tara, perhaps Denise but I bet they keep her around.
- As someone else guessed I bet the Fuel Truck Trio uses said truck to block the hole in the wall, not as a big reactive RPG target.

And a scene that I'd like to see happen is this:

Enid gets bit, Gene brains her and carries her body back into Alexandria. Porch Dick Jr plans to kill Coral but the herd breakthrough makes them team up and kind of become buds... then PDJ sees Gene carrying his imaginary girlfriend's dead body back into the town, he blames Coral and shoots him. Smash cut to Talking Dead furiously masturbating.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Gene is played by a good actor so I hope he makes it back. Good actors and hottie actresses should all live.

Abraham has been a great character the past few seasons. He's had so many good lines. He should certainly live, I'd be disappointed if they deaded him.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Agreed to a point. Rick is living day to day unlike at the prison. Hershel was the planner. Like it or not he needs Janeway to keep things balanced.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true. Rick is not a planner. You're right that it was Hershel that seemed to lead and cover the day-to-day governance of the Prison.  

Janeway may have lacked an ability to properly prepare defenses, but she and her late husband did do a fair job at organizing their labor force to build the wall and seemed to have a plan to expand further so at least she had some long term vision.  

Neither of them though seem to be the well rounded leader that the people of Alexandria desperately need.  Frankly, in any realistic world I think that their little settlement would end up either horribly sacked or simply conquered and taken over.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#50]
I think we can all agree the only way for the settlement to survive and
prosper would be a joint leadership of Janeway/Rick. But I don't think that's gonna happen.

Page / 245
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top