BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 33
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So when are the #BLM folks going to be treated as a home grown terrorist group?
View Quote

Never, but if they were a white group the FBI, CIA, ATF, DEA, and all of the other federal alphabet LE agencies would have gone rolling in deep already.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

hopefully they put more effort into finding someone who killed this officer than trying to find the murderers of all the other people in the area.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hot link.

North suburb of Chicago, close to WI border. Officer killed, his gun missing, manhunt ongoing.

Pleae make it hot for me. I'm on my phone.

Prayers for officer and his family.

<Link made hot.  --tbk1>

hopefully they put more effort into finding someone who killed this officer than trying to find the murderers of all the other people in the area.

How many active manhunts are going on in the area?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Jesus.  This is getting crazy.  
View Quote
This.

Prayers for his family.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's really difficult to know. ODMP claims that line of duty deaths are down 2% over this point last year. That said, it's always difficult to know whether the total number of assaults are going up or down because those numbers aren't reliably tracked. Improvements in medical care also keep officers alive that would have died of similar wounds in the past.

I think what might have changed is the brazenness of some of the attacks and the motivations of the assailants. The fact that individuals in authority are remaining silent on the matter (or even quietly cheering on the criminals) is also new.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this an actual uptick, or are we just reporting on it now because of the #BlackLivesMatter stuff?

Honest question. I've never seen the stats.

It's really difficult to know. ODMP claims that line of duty deaths are down 2% over this point last year. That said, it's always difficult to know whether the total number of assaults are going up or down because those numbers aren't reliably tracked. Improvements in medical care also keep officers alive that would have died of similar wounds in the past.

I think what might have changed is the brazenness of some of the attacks and the motivations of the assailants. The fact that individuals in authority are remaining silent on the matter (or even quietly cheering on the criminals) is also new.

This..plus they seem to happen in bursts which makes it seem worse
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
THIS IS CRAZY WHAT IN THE HACK IS GOING ON IN OUR COUNTRY?
View Quote

BLM  "We Prezident Now" /BLM

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

2014 (and 2013) were quite low compared to previous years:

2014 = 117
2013 = 107
2012 = 126
2011 = 171
2010 = 161
2009 = 125
2008 = 148
2007 = 192
2006 = 156
2005 = 163
2004 = 165
2003 = 150
2002 = 159
2001 = 241
2000 = 162

I suspect 2015 will not be seen as some particularly dangerous outlier year like 2001 was (because of 9/11)

Note: this is total LODDs, not broken down by cause (shooting, vehicle crash, heart attack, etc)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this an actual uptick, or are we just reporting on it now because of the #BlackLivesMatter stuff?

The year isn't up yet, but there was a significant spike in 2014. 47 officers murdered by gunfire in 2014...23 so far this year, I believe. (And that doesn't count other forms of violence like assault, struck by vehicles, etc)

Most everybody I talk to expects 2015's numbers to surpass 2014's.

2014 (and 2013) were quite low compared to previous years:

2014 = 117
2013 = 107
2012 = 126
2011 = 171
2010 = 161
2009 = 125
2008 = 148
2007 = 192
2006 = 156
2005 = 163
2004 = 165
2003 = 150
2002 = 159
2001 = 241
2000 = 162

I suspect 2015 will not be seen as some particularly dangerous outlier year like 2001 was (because of 9/11)

Note: this is total LODDs, not broken down by cause (shooting, vehicle crash, heart attack, etc)

With all due respect, that makes the rest of your post invalid. The only accurate indicators from those years would be 1) shooting deaths, or perhaps more appropritely 2) intentional shooting deaths.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#9]
RIP

Authorities said they were searching for two men and possibly a woman.  No other details were available.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Right. Total LODD doesn't show the whole picture.

There has been an uptick in the percentage of the LODD's due to murder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.odmp.org/search/year

Has the breakdown by cause of death.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Crazy times we live in..

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#12]
How many cops have we lost this year?! Jesus.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Goddamnit.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hot link.

North suburb of Chicago, close to WI border. Officer killed, his gun missing, manhunt ongoing.

Pleae make it hot for me. I'm on my phone.

Prayers for officer and his family.

<Link made hot.  --tbk1>

Fox Lake and the surrounding towns are a decent suburban area.  I think this is the first murder there in a few years.  The whole county has 15-20 murders a year and that is mostly Waukegan/North Chicago.

There are a lot of LE agencies in the county, and they aren't holding anything back trying to find these guys.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#16]
this crap is getting old. Too many good men are getting killed and that Community Organizer in Chief keeps stirring the pot.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm referring to how many murderers are not pursued in the Chicago land area, mainly the city. They typically do not search for/catch them. I understand that this will have a greater response since it was officers that were killed and the area.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
he is detained
View Quote

WGN is reporting they are still searching for 2 to 3.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#20]
The radicals that called for the killing of cops in the 60’s are now in power.

What do you expect when Bill Ayers  who bomb a police station is one of Obama’s best friends?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh no!  Not another!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a hard time taking a site that lists K9 deaths alongside police officers killed very seriously, and the format doesn't make year-to-year comparisons very easy, but here's what I found (for gunfire, excluding accidental):
2015 = 23 (so far)
2014 = 47
2013 = 31
2012 = 48
2011 = 68
2010 = 59
2009 = 47
2008 = 41
2007 = 67
2006 = 51
2005 = 53
2004 = 56
2003 = 48
2002 = 57
2001 = 65

Unless there's a very large uptick in people shooting police, this year will probably finish out with fewer cops intentionally shot to death than previous years. The reality is that, with almost a million cops in the country, and incidents of shooting deaths in the 40-70 range most years, it's probably not a great candidate for statistical comparisons. It's quite rare, and we should all be thankful for that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Time to armor the fuck up....

And to think that people thought I was weird for carrying an IFAK....
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#24]
What is the best scanner feed?

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:57:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
this crap is getting old. Too many good men are getting killed and that Community Organizer in Chief keeps stirring the pot.
View Quote

Yep, and add in Eric Holder and a bunch more low-down fuckers who green-lighted and encouraged despicable behavior against LEO's nation-wide.

Fuck be upon them.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have a hard time taking a site that lists K9 deaths alongside police officers killed very seriously, and the format doesn't make year-to-year comparisons very easy, but here's what I found (for gunfire, excluding accidental):
2015 = 23 (so far)
2014 = 47
2013 = 31
2012 = 48
2011 = 68
2010 = 59
2009 = 47
2008 = 41
2007 = 67
2006 = 51
2005 = 53
2004 = 56
2003 = 48
2002 = 57
2001 = 65

Unless there's a very large uptick in people shooting police, this year will probably finish out with fewer cops intentionally shot to death than previous years. The reality is that, with almost a million cops in the country, and incidents of shooting deaths in the 40-70 range most years, it's probably not a great candidate for statistical comparisons. It's quite rare, and we should all be thankful for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2015 = 23 (so far)
2014 = 47
2013 = 31
2012 = 48
2011 = 68
2010 = 59
2009 = 47
2008 = 41
2007 = 67
2006 = 51
2005 = 53
2004 = 56
2003 = 48
2002 = 57
2001 = 65

I think that's one of the reasons why to truly know whether things are "getting worse" we need to know the actual numbers of assaults on LEOs. As I mentioned earlier, those stats are not reliable tracked or reported so the deaths numbers are all we have to work from, as they are relatively reliably tracked. Additionally, even just a couple of decades ago, the death numbers would likely be higher than present due to improvements in body armor, medical care, etc. Officers are alive today that would have died had they faced the same assaults and wounds in 1980.

I can say that the current climate feels different/worse than it has at any point in my admittedly short lifespan, but feelings are not a reliable statistical measurement.

However, as you stated, gunfire deaths are fairly rare. For that I'm exceptionally grateful given the fact that my dad is a LEO with 33 years experience, and many of my close friends are also LEOs.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

While I agree and that's a very sober, rational point, this is going to be as much a war of politics, perceptions, and preventing perceptions from becoming reality.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No, they don't need to be in a cell.

They need to be excoriated from all corners of society because that kind of shit is unacceptable. From the president down to the lowest city councilman and every celev the entire society should be joining together to proclaim that kind of shit unacceptable.

But when the president pals around with a dude who mailed bombs to police departments, what the fuck can anyone expect?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The BLM assholes that called for killing cops need to be rounded up and put in a cell.

They need to be excoriated from all corners of society because that kind of shit is unacceptable. From the president down to the lowest city councilman and every celev the entire society should be joining together to proclaim that kind of shit unacceptable.

But when the president pals around with a dude who mailed bombs to police departments, what the fuck can anyone expect?

The president is empowering these scum, because he is scum himself.

Nobody is going to do anything to stop this. Cops will have to stop it on their own.

ETA: Sorry I forget to say,

rest in peace Officer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's not getting crazy. This is a result of the presidents lack of condemnation of the shootings. His silence on every attack, on members of the LE community condones the BLM and Black Muslim attacks.

Not 20 minutes after the Grand Jury verdict for Wilson , O was doing a press conference. 2 now 3 days after the execution of the deputy in Huston his lips are sealed tighter than my ex's .
Granted he probably hasn't heard of them on the news, yet.

One of these fuckers will be real surprised when they pull the joker next time the race card is played.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not getting crazy. This is a result of the presidents lack of condemnation of the shootings. His silence on every attack, on members of the LE community condones the BLM and Black Muslim attacks.

Not 20 minutes after the Grand Jury verdict for Wilson , O was doing a press conference. 2 now 3 days after the execution of the deputy in Huston his lips are sealed tighter than my ex's .

One of these fuckers will be real surprised when they pull the joker next time the race card is played.

but he's got mountains to rename!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Nobody is going to do anything to stop this. Cops will have to stop it on their own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The BLM assholes that called for killing cops need to be rounded up and put in a cell.

Do we know this is linked to BLM?  Link?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#32]
RIP

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He hasn't spun it into more gun control in society....presidential declaration coming soon...just need a few more lives?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll just copy this from the other thread..

This is what happens when you let children throw temper tantrums without punishment. All these fucking subhuman shitbags that were blocking trains, burning buildings and destroying infrastructure should have been locked up for the max sentence allowed. The ones assaulting innocent people should be tried for hate crimes and attempted murder. The ones killing innocent people should be hung right in the middle of their ghetto for all to see.

FUCK BLACK LIVES MATTER

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What is the best scanner feed?

View Quote

Lake County Sheriff
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

No doubt...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Fuck.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Edit - Fox coverage blows
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think we know for sure. The suspects they're looking for are a black guy, a white guy, and a woman of unknown race (at least that's the last word I read on it). seems a bit too diverse for #BLM to me, but, time will tell.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#40]

RIP, Officer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#41]
WHAT THE FUCK!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't think we know for sure. The suspects they're looking for are a black guy, a white guy, and a woman of unknown race (at least that's the last word I read on it). seems a bit too diverse for #BLM to me, but, time will tell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Rip officer may God bless your soul.

Now let's get these fuckers
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yes it is.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Some news sources are reporting there was a press conference with fox lake police or Lake county sheriffs office stating there were 3 suspects at large, 2 white male and 1 black male.  Officer that was killed was making a traffic stop and pursuing on foot when they lost contact with him.

I can't find any transcript or video of the press conference.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What is that, 10 in 9 days now?
View Quote

Is this dead our injured and dead?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Some news sources are reporting there was a press conference with fox lake police or Lake county sheriffs office stating there were 3 suspects at large, 2 white male and 1 black male.  Officer that was killed was making a traffic stop and pursuing on foot when they lost contact with him.

I can't find any transcript or video of the press conference.
View Quote

Video on WGN TV website

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top