BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Serious question.   How hard is it to wear out a Pmag or GI mag?  If you have 10-15 mags for your rifle, a couple may break or be damaged, but will you wear out all the others before wearing out your rifle?  It just seems to me that buying 100 mags per rifle is having tons of mags I will really never use, I'll spend my money on ammo first. flame away
View Quote

I think some people are thinking they can sell some, in a panic, and basically pay for all those mags they kept.
Those who had 100 pmags three years ago, made enough selling them, that they paid for the guns and ammo, they bought in the past.
As far as needing them personally, for one's own rifles, no you don't need anywhere near that many.  On the other hand,  I don't think you'll ever meet someone from a ban/restricted state, that wouldn't tell you, they wish they had bought more, while they could.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
BCGs at PSA for 80.00 each is pretty good. bought a few of them.
View Quote

I must have missed the ban on BCG's ? An item that will permanently be banned makes sense to see an increase in cost....what would drive an increase in an item that would not be banned or even have the slightest prospect of being banned?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The market has to get saturated at some point.
View Quote

Not when you have people with 350 in a box in the closet and they're still buying more.

you can't saturate a market that contains thousands of buyers that purchase irrationally..
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I must have missed the ban on BCG's ? An item that will permanently be banned makes sense to see an increase in cost....what would drive an increase in an item that would not be banned or even have the slightest prospect of being banned?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must have forgotten the last panic.

BCGs couldn't be found anywhere for about a year.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Love DSG, this thread actually made me buy more pmags from them.

$79 for black/FDE pmag 10 packs Free shipping on orders over $99 too, buying two 10 packs for $158 shipped
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yea the DSG thread was epic a few years ago,  I remember ordering a 10 pack and waiting about 3 to 4 months for them,  Those are stand up people,  when some folks were charging 100 bucks a mag they had them at the same reasonable cost

$79 for black/FDE pmag 10 packs Free shipping on orders over $99 too, buying two 10 packs for $158 shipped

Damn you people, I didn't know it was free shipping over 99 and I held off the other week.  Now I'm out $160
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, same as barrels, LPK's and any other AR part or accessory. Everything dries up real quick during a panic.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There will be another run, just when everybody thinks the market is saturated and are sick of mags. That time is now. We are ripe. However, I think next ban will not be a grandfather situation. Rather, an outright ban. Making the prices $0 unless you live on deep internet and are willing to do time
View Quote

We're seeing this right now with mosin nagants and cheap milsurp ammo.

I'm told time and time again there's people out there with warehouses full of guns and ammo, yet even for the mighty Mosin Nagant, of which I was told by literally hundreds of people would never go up in price is running $200/ea plus $150-$175 per can of ammo right at this time. Just in the past 5 years we've gone from $45/can to $150+ a can and $89/rifle to nearly $200.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes I remember just doesn't make sense......stocking up on lowers I get...magazines I get.....lpk and bcg? I guess there is no logic behind a panic
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

yes I remember just doesn't make sense......stocking up on lowers I get...magazines I get.....lpk and bcg? I guess there is no logic behind a panic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because IF there ever is an outright ban in the future don't you think you may need parts or spares to keep what you got functioning?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What good are lowers without an lpk and bcg?  And you need spares for your current rifles.

I have enough mags to last several people a few lifetimes...but not boxes and boxes...wish I did.  I've dumped most of my money in ammo and reloading.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yea the DSG thread was epic a few years ago,  I remember ordering a 10 pack and waiting about 3 to 4 months for them,  Those are stand up people,  when some folks were charging 100 bucks a mag they had them at the same reasonable cost

I fent, again....
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you just don't get it

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Right now, if you don't either have a metric ton of them or if you aren't buying as many as you can afford, you're crazy.

These are the "good old days" for buying mags.  Remember, what two years ago when Pmags where going for $50-$60 each?  Election soon, with the likely new President having avowed to be the anti-gun president?  

Maybe as soon as next summer, panic buying could start and people will be complaining about the high prices and why USGI mags are 4/$100.  

So, what else is it primetime to buy because of the low price?  
View Quote

I buy mags, lowers, BCGs, and ammo like it's my 401K plan.

Simple inflation makes it a good investment.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The market has to get saturated at some point.
View Quote

Every year you get a whole bunch of people turn 18 and become eligible to buy guns. Every year.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Always makes me laugh....................................Oh and by the way F CTD
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I managed to grab 20 C-Products mags from CTD for 5.99 each last month . Went to grab more the next day and they were gone.

Your business is appreciated, peasant -CTD

Always makes me laugh....................................Oh and by the way F CTD

I dog on them, but every once in a while I'll see something on there that really is a good deal. I just picked up 20 steel G3 mags for $2.97 a piece. I mean, really? That's stupid cheap for .308 mags for a decent rifle. Can't go wrong.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I dog on them, but every once in a while I'll see something on there that really is a good deal. I just picked up 20 steel G3 mags for $2.97 a piece. I mean, really? That's stupid cheap for .308 mags for a decent rifle. Can't go wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I managed to grab 20 C-Products mags from CTD for 5.99 each last month . Went to grab more the next day and they were gone.

Your business is appreciated, peasant -CTD

Same here, they used to carry 9mm BCGs for $140 I think when they were $200 everywhere else, so they got my business.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:52:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Serious question.   How hard is it to wear out a Pmag or GI mag?  If you have 10-15 mags for your rifle, a couple may break or be damaged, but will you wear out all the others before wearing out your rifle?  It just seems to me that buying 100 mags per rifle is having tons of mags I will really never use, I'll spend my money on ammo first. flame away
View Quote

Not sure on the Pmag but the GI I never wore one out. I end up replacing them because I step on them during a match or get damaged from rough handling.

I'm kinda shyed away from plastic mags because I used to get issues with the old Ramlie. When old the the rounds would fly out of the mag.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Academy had a bunch of PMAGs for 10 bucks each, I snagged a few when buying ammo.

What I really need more of is good 1911 mags, but those are never hard to find.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Get them while they are Hot!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Gonna but an AK soon just because I don't have one

Fuck that means I have to obtain a metric ton of mags for another platform
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I already have a magazine.  

You know, they hold 30 rounds....and you can reload them.

Duh.

View Quote

Um.... Under fire???
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I've been telling all my coworkers that have AR's to stock up on mags.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

And many people, in the first quarter of 1986, thought they had absolutely no need to own more than one M-16.  After all, why spend $465 on a machinegun, when you already have one, and you'll probably never out shoot it?  Yes, I'm pissed I wasn't old enough to buy one back then and can't afford one now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#27]
I've got enough mags to last me for the rest of my life!

You better stock up on ammo and spare parts also.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

And may people, in the first quarter of 1986, thought they had absolutely no need to own more than one M-16.  After all, why spend $465 on a machinegun, when you already have one, and you'll probably never out shoot it?  Yes, I'm pissed I wasn't old enough to buy one back then and can't afford one now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And may people, in the first quarter of 1986, thought they had absolutely no need to own more than one M-16.  After all, why spend $465 on a machinegun, when you already have one, and you'll probably never out shoot it?  Yes, I'm pissed I wasn't old enough to buy one back then and can't afford one now.

Whoa, they were seriously $465 or are you just throwing out a number?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I have enough 30rd. Pmag and D&H mags thanks to DSG and PSA. What I really want is a good sale on 20rd mags.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Colt M-16 was same price of a Colt AR-15.  $465 as I remember in Shotgun News.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
You are correct about that, ammo is where they plan to hurt us.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

All I need is a time machine and my current salary.
That's it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Whats the best BCG value at AIM?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#34]
How many mags is enough mags
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#35]
I ran the numbers and I'll likely shoot out every AR barrel I own before mags become even a mild concern.  So now I'm just hoarding reloading components to shoot my barrels out with
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. I have enough mags that they would not run out in my lifetime. I have tons of ammo too, butthat would still be where I would spend the money right now. On the ammo.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
where are the deals on Aluminum mags  Thanks
View Quote

Aluminum is so...20th century.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That's it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's it.

Can't get you the time machine, but it illustrates the point that sometime in the future, an AR-15 just might end up the same price as an M-16 again, in a bad way.  In my adult lifetime I have seen $125 P226 magazines, $100 Glock 17 magazines, and recently, $75 PMAGS.  If those days ever come again, I want to be selling, not buying.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Wife just asked me how many mags need to have before I will feel comfortable reselling one even at $50.
I said 300 more and I will feel secure LOL.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#40]
I thought people stopped reading those and just used the internet now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I did the same. DSG is a great company!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#42]
You will not see the crazy margins of the last panic on magazines. The secondary market (mags being purchased by you all) is so overly packed that at most you will see MAYBE $20 pmags due to micro price wars when guys are trying to capitalize on the short time frame of a panic before people realize nothing will get passed.

The real money is in AMMO and complete rifles. Just my $0.02
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You will not see the crazy margins of the last panic on magazines. The secondary market (mags being purchased by you all) is so overly packed that at most you will see MAYBE $20 pmags due to micro price wars when guys are trying to capitalize on the short time frame of a panic before people realize nothing will get passed.

The real money is in AMMO and complete rifles. Just my $0.02
View Quote

An interesting theory, too bad ammo isn't equally as cheap as 30 rounders.  I remember when I bought a couple of 1200 round cases of S/A .308 ammo from AIM for .10/round.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Um.... Under fire???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Duh.

Um.... Under fire???

I can shoot 30 bad guys before it becomes an issue.

Duh.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#45]
That DSA mag deal may just be the best around.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#46]
who has good prices on GI mags? I was looking at an ad in the EE for Brownells ad $8 ea.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That DSA mag deal may just be the best around.
View Quote

What is it?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Duh.

View Quote

Meh, their consumable, I just leave them on the ground with my brass.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#49]
More owners mean more folks who bought 2 whole magazines when they got their rifle, and thought they were set for life.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Stacks mags and ammo deeeeeeeep. Also keep a few cans of krylon on the side.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top