View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, who would post a picture of their significant other on the internet?

Typical response from your kind.  Blame the guy posting the pic instead of the rude as respondents.  

If one were married to Large Marge, what shall they expect if they post a pic of her in her Sunday best on the internet? Is this a fat acceptance website? Do we condone Healthy at Any Size? I think maybe they post it up knowing full  well what will happen.

How about "if you can't say anything nice, then keep your mouth shut?"

That's just crazy talk! Everybody needs a crystal clear COC that explicitly spells out every situation, and all wiggle room will be exploited.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For the record, the girl in the Jeep contest is only a friend of mine. She is actually married with a son and lives a thousand miles away. I'm used to the trash talk in GD and the comments didn't bother me. I'm even guilty of talking shit myself sometimes. I didn't even know why the thread was locked. My first thought was "I didn't post bikini pics, wtf ?"  But that's all water under the bridge. What is more important is that a member here actually messaged me and apologized for being the typical " GD douche " as he called it. I understand and accepted his unnecessary apology. So yall can carry on, keep shooting your machine guns and banging super models like some wanna be Arfcom version of Dan Bilzerian. It's all good.
View Quote

That is an awesome attitude you have towards negative posters, that is exactly how I approach it, just laugh it off and dismiss it as jealous people who have no outlet to vent their envy and anger. You handled the comments in that thread very well. FWIW, your friend is a very attractive woman, but the guys posting negative comments in there may not have women of their own, who knows? I have been through the same thing, whether it is posting photos after pumping iron, or fighting fires, or competing in MMA contests, gun builds etc...it brings out mega amounts of jealousy in some people, why, I really don't know. But I do know that they will immediately attack your posts, people you never even knew existed on this site suddenly come out the woodworks to post nasty comments. I have always envisioned them sitting at their keyboards, tears streaming down their faces as they type away.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1778577_If_I_figured_out_how_to_live_stream_on_my_phone_iPad_would_you_watch_.html&page=1#i55127043

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1778577_If_I_figured_out_how_to_live_stream_on_my_phone_iPad_would_you_watch_.html&page=1#i55127123

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1778577_If_I_figured_out_how_to_live_stream_on_my_phone_iPad_would_you_watch_.html&page=1#i55127348

Not trying to be a dick dude, but it's funny the amount of people in this very thread that say one thing, and do another.  Like the people that bitch about trolls in here, then 2 posts later make a troll post.  

If you show weakness, or convey that something gets to you someone out there will try to exploit it.  The thing is half of the supposed "abuse" people whine about were brought on themselves.  Like the thread the other week were a guy was rattling on about tall people making short people feel inferior.  Literally like a deer trying itself to a tree in bear country.  

My ex wife got to me, you know what I did?  Filed for divorce, and ignored her.  I didn't hang around her then bitch cause she treated me like shit.  When some of you start to take this forum that seriously, it should be a sign to take a break, put shit in perspective and calm the fuck down.  This really isn't that important, and some folks are way too emotionally invested into message board.  If you can't cut it on here, real life is going to be a huge shocker.

Edit: Deej86 I don't mean any disrespect, just pointing out part of what I think is the problem.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

There's a cause I can get behind.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In before the "Beatoff for swingset" thread.  

I thought he said beat off on Swingset. Glad I misread, I think.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can roll with it either way...just avoid the eyes Peter North.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Typical response from your kind.  Blame the guy posting the pic instead of the rude as respondents.  

If one were married to Large Marge, what shall they expect if they post a pic of her in her Sunday best on the internet? Is this a fat acceptance website? Do we condone Healthy at Any Size? I think maybe they post it up knowing full  well what will happen.

I learned that by watching Bambi, i also learned hunting deer was fun.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
People wonder why our rights are under attack and why our country is losing what has made it special. At the core of everything is the fact that we can't even get along with like minded people. Silly trivial things get blown out of proportion, "justice" isn't about what's right, it's about what's right to YOU, and nobody sees anything wrong with it.

If someone innocent dies, you don't make jokes about it. Sure innocent is subjective to your opinions, so drop the opinions and think about it before commenting. If you belittle tragedy, for whatever snide reason, then just pack it up and leave. I realize people have issues with police these days and I'm sure the LEOs here are touchy about it. So how about each side looks at the other and thinks before making comments meant to hurt. It's much better to just ignore a conversation you may blow up over, than to turn it to chaos. If you think something is pushing the boundaries of good taste, report it, or better yet EMAIL ME and I'll deal with it.

It's time to put the past screw ups behind us and focus on who we are moving forward. Have respect for each other. That doesn't mean you have to agree on things, it just means you have to understand that we all have the right to an opinion and being able to voice that opinion is what makes this country great.
View Quote

Amen.  

Our society has been fractured.  That's exactly how the people who aim to undermine our way of life are accomplishing their goal.  Divide and Conquer, plain and simple.  When hurt feels devolve into hateful actions, we drag down all of society.    

Be rational, my friends.  And remember, the internet is not reality, it is only a theatrical stage.  Don't let it get to you.  

Don't let it define you either.  Good night.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somewhere TRG is masturbating furiously.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I missed this thread and want to apoligize for being a dick and making the tranny comment in the jeep thread. I've been on the receiving end and have just shrugged it off as being comments from some anonymous person in a forum who has no impact or meaning in my life. Ever since I've been on this site it was always know that GD was tuff. I was playing around and didn't stop to think that my comment was hurtful. I got caught up in trying to be a GD funny guy with that post.
View Quote

I think most of us are guilty of that.  I know I've made some bad posts that seemed funny at the time.  Hell, a lot of the posts ARE funny.    But I agree with those who think that we have been getting a little too out of control.
On a side note...  We need a forum where we mimic celebrity roasts with dedicated threads.  It probably wouldn't work out but it would be hilarious while it lasted.  

ETA  We could name it something like the hole or the crevice.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I've never claimed to be anything other than a dumbass.  I do try, with varying degrees of success, to temper it though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Just because you have the ability to type shit on the internet, that doesn't mean you have too. It's much easier to just move onto another thread then to take a huge shit in one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just because you have the ability to type shit on the internet, that doesn't mean you have too. It's much easier to just move onto another thread then to take a huge shit in one.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:34:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Agreed.

I've posted a picture of my wife and myself (I think in the thread mentioned above, in fact).  I couldn't give two crap-cakes if some anonymous guy on the internet says something mean.  People who care what anonymous strangers think should obviously NOT post pictures of their spouses or GFs.

That said, as swingset points out, someone would still have to be a dick to say something unnecessarily mean, like "your GF looks like a tranny" - THAT'S exactly what GoatBoy is talking about in this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have. I'm not terrified of the outcome. The two of us smiling on vacation? Ok, have your fun....oh, you photoshopped a penis on me. Or, you said my wife isn't the hottest woman on the planet. Ok.

It's not that big of a deal, IMHO.

Agreed.

I've posted a picture of my wife and myself (I think in the thread mentioned above, in fact).  I couldn't give two crap-cakes if some anonymous guy on the internet says something mean.  People who care what anonymous strangers think should obviously NOT post pictures of their spouses or GFs.

That said, as swingset points out, someone would still have to be a dick to say something unnecessarily mean, like "your GF looks like a tranny" - THAT'S exactly what GoatBoy is talking about in this thread.

In GD the odds are 50:50 that this would be meant as a compliment.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:47:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:55:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Even in the Pit those kinds of comments earn a lock or ban. Or at least used to.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:57:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks Goat Boy! It needed to be said.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:04:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Agreed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have. I'm not terrified of the outcome. The two of us smiling on vacation? Ok, have your fun....oh, you photoshopped a penis on me. Or, you said my wife isn't the hottest woman on the planet. Ok.

Agreed.

Hey...what's wrong with being a tranny? Shouldn't you be reporting to your campus reeducation center due to your microaggressions?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:06:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

If she's asian, it IS a compliment. The hottest asian women I've ever met have been their men.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:27:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So there really is a Goatboy..........cool
View Quote

His last name is Soze.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:29:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Locked since it has run it's course. New thread in the next day or two with an update. Thank you for your patience and involvement with this thread. -- GB
Page / 38
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top