BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 38
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly, who would post a picture of their significant other on the internet?
View Quote

Typical response from your kind.  Blame the guy posting the pic instead of the rude as respondents.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]

In before the "Beatoff for swingset" thread.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
  I sincerely hope someone has a picture of me and my wife standing together and is beating off over it. That's super flattering.
I'd love to think I've brought some happiness into that guy's world, cause it sounds fucking awful on the surface.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot of people. Including me.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1722608_Pic_Thread__You_and_Your_Significant_Other.html

So you post a picture of your spouse online, and think that a bunch of anonymous people are going to be kind about it?  Why would you possibly think that, and the fact that there were a bunch of other people who would do something that dumb also does not excuse anyone.  

Is anonymous affirmation that important to folks here?  I have to believe with a population that exceeds 10's of thousands, there are some rather sick individuals here, why would you display your spouse to these people?  

It just seems poorly thought out.  

YMMV though.

A few years ago, someone admitted to saving all those photos for personal enjoyment.

I sincerely hope someone has a picture of me and my wife standing together and is beating off over it. That's super flattering.
I'd love to think I've brought some happiness into that guy's world, cause it sounds fucking awful on the surface.

Can I have a pic of just you and your dog?

Preferably naked with he dog shaved down
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Come on, no one is this naive. Honesty is fine when in the abstract....this wasn't a Kardashian we were asking opinions about, being tactful about the appearance of someone's SO is entirely different.

"Hi Steve, sure I know your wife....the horseface with the giant ass. Say, how's she doing?"

Yeah, that's honest. Do you operate that way?

If so. Weapons grade dick behavior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought facts were supposed to trump feels??

If we can't be honest about things, it's not really much of a discussion forum.

The girl in the thread had a smoking bod - but a mannish face. There was also an unfaltering shadow on her face that accentuated her jawline. Poor photography contributed to the effect.

Come on, no one is this naive. Honesty is fine when in the abstract....this wasn't a Kardashian we were asking opinions about, being tactful about the appearance of someone's SO is entirely different.

"Hi Steve, sure I know your wife....the horseface with the giant ass. Say, how's she doing?"

The part y'all keep missing is that the guy didn't say she was his girlfriend, just "my friend".

My friend is a big bald scary motherfucker who looks like he'd happily dip nuns in mayonnaise and eat them whole.  I wouldn't take offense nor would I expect moderator intervention if someone here were to tell me so.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Typical response from your kind.  Blame the guy posting the pic instead of the rude as respondents.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My kind?  What kind would that be?  

That being asked, I find both at fault if you wanted to know, the poster for being kinda dumb and the boor who has no manners.   Again, YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

To what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
member.html?id=1 . . .
I'd pay attention, guys and gals.

To what?

To Goatboy. I hope some needed housekeeping is accomplished.
On both sides of the aisle.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
member.html?id=1 . . .
I'd pay attention, guys and gals.

To what?

It is hard to pay attention, when the rules change daily and they are unwritten and unevenly enforced.  It would appear that id=1 is working on this, while I don't really have a dog in this fight, I do wish him the greatest of success.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

There's a cause I can get behind.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow!  How'd we get 37 pages on this topic?  Should be an easy concept and not need much discussion, but then maybe I'm just being closed minded.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The part y'all keep missing is that the guy didn't say she was his girlfriend, just "my friend".

My friend is a big bald scary motherfucker who looks like he'd happily dip nuns in mayonnaise and eat them whole.  I wouldn't take offense nor would I expect moderator intervention if someone here were to tell me so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought facts were supposed to trump feels??

If we can't be honest about things, it's not really much of a discussion forum.

The girl in the thread had a smoking bod - but a mannish face. There was also an unfaltering shadow on her face that accentuated her jawline. Poor photography contributed to the effect.

Me? I wouldn't chance being a dick to someone's friend, I have no idea if she's a girlfriend, or just someone he knows, or someone he's into, or cares about.

So, tact being a necessary part of non-dickish personality, I'd just not say anything if she wasn't attractive enough for my tastes. What's in it for me to do that? Seems like a risk, for no gain.

FWIW, I thought she was nice looking.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Me? I wouldn't chance being a dick to someone's friend, I have no idea if she's a girlfriend, or just someone he knows, or someone he's into, or cares about.

So, tact being a necessary part of non-dickish personality, I'd just not say anything if she wasn't attractive enough for my tastes. What's in it for me to do that? Seems like a risk, for no gain.

View Quote

If I post a pic in GD of the best man in my wedding, my dearest and closest friend, and nobody mentions the unmistakable hunger for mayo and nuns, GD is fucking dead.  Whammo zammo, right like that, bleach in the petri dish.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I missed this thread and want to apoligize for being a dick and making the tranny comment in the jeep thread.
I've been on the receiving end and have just shrugged it off as being comments from some anonymous person in a forum who has no impact or meaning in my life. Ever since I've been on this site it was always know that GD was tuff. I was playing around and didn't stop to think that my comment was hurtful. I got caught up in trying to be a GD funny guy with that post.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If I post a pic in GD of the best man in my wedding, my dearest and closest friend, and nobody mentions the unmistakable hunger for mayo and nuns, GD is fucking dead.  Whammo zammo, right like that, bleach in the petri dish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pic?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought we were talking about girls, who might be someone close to us. Ok, so now it's our buddies, whatever.

It's not cool to pick on some girl's looks who's connected to a member. It never was, even if it's been done.

Do it if you want, I'll never report ya, but it's not cool.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I missed this thread and want to apoligize for being a dick and making the tranny comment in the jeep thread. I've been on the receiving end and have just shrugged it off as being comments from some anonymous person in a forum who has no impact or meaning in my life. Ever since I've been on this site it was always know that GD was tuff. I was playing around and didn't stop to think that my comment was hurtful. I got caught up in trying to be a GD funny guy with that post.
View Quote
no...

GD is not actually tough at all.  The CoC is pretty restrictive and there's a lot of active moderation.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess that's better than being in front of the event.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have frequently marveled at this quaint local custom.

(no fucking way)

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wow!  How'd we get 37 pages on this topic?  Should be an easy concept and not need much discussion, but then maybe I'm just being closed minded.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1722608_Pic_Thread__You_and_Your_Significant_Other.html

The kid in post #6 looks like he has to take a shit. (not that here's anything wrong with that)

Good lookin' kid, otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You ever get that super sucker mega vag?  lol
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So you post a picture of your spouse online, and think that a bunch of anonymous people are going to be kind about it?  Why would you possibly think that, and the fact that there were a bunch of other people who would do something that dumb also does not excuse anyone.  

Is anonymous affirmation that important to folks here?  I have to believe with a population that exceeds 10's of thousands, there are some rather sick individuals here, why would you display your spouse to these people?  

YMMV though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV though.

I agree with what was formerly known a "this".
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That being asked, I find both at fault if you wanted to know, the poster for being kinda dumb and the boor who has no manners.   Again, YMMV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Extra points for correct use of "boor".

Plus, I would also like to know the definition of "your kind".

Is it akin to "you people"?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Read this thread ALL the way through and tell me the quoted guys above don't have a point.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1781440_Hot_fisherwoman_becomes_Internet_s_latest_obsession.html

What is your opinion now?

There are a bunch of posters that are lucky Edsr didn't see what they did, it might have been a bloodbath of accounts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What, that some people take this shit too seriously? Arfcom is not real life. It's the Internet. And a means for some people to interact with other like minded people outside and sometimes during of work. Just because something someone said "offends you" doesn't mean you have to cry to mom and dad and hit the report button.. News flash, there are other threads you can make yourself a part of.

Read this thread ALL the way through and tell me the quoted guys above don't have a point.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1781440_Hot_fisherwoman_becomes_Internet_s_latest_obsession.html

What is your opinion now?

There are a bunch of posters that are lucky Edsr didn't see what they did, it might have been a bloodbath of accounts.

TLDR. Next argue please.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Here is one thing I would like to see addressed. I would like to see the ignore button fixed so that when you ignore someone you don't get to see their post at all and they don't get quoted.
View Quote

I have an entirely different view of that I guess.

I have never put anyone on this site on "ignore," nor will I.

My advice is if you want to ignore someone, just ignore them the old fashioned way.

Or, if you have that serious of an issue with someone, take it to the pit and work it out there.

Whatever.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
no...  

GD is not actually tough at all.  The CoC is pretty restrictive and there's a lot of active moderation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I missed this thread and want to apoligize for being a dick and making the tranny comment in the jeep thread. I've been on the receiving end and have just shrugged it off as being comments from some anonymous person in a forum who has no impact or meaning in my life. Ever since I've been on this site it was always know that GD was tuff. I was playing around and didn't stop to think that my comment was hurtful. I got caught up in trying to be a GD funny guy with that post.

no...  

Yup. tough is getting you head kicked 12 times. Tough is a divorce with three kids, or cancer....... Internet forums ain't that...... Usually.

The issue here is, when bad stuff happens to members, not to pile on with even more garbage.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If one were married to Large Marge, what shall they expect if they post a pic of her in her Sunday best on the internet? Is this a fat acceptance website? Do we condone Healthy at Any Size? I think maybe they post it up knowing full  well what will happen.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yup. tough is getting you head kicked 12 times. Tough is a divorce with three kids, or cancer....... Internet forums ain't that...... Usually.

The issue here is, when bad stuff happens to members, not to pile on with even more garbage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no...  

Even by internet forum standards this place isn't tough.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Just because you have the ability to type shit on the internet, that doesn't mean you have too. It's much easier to just move onto another thread then to take a huge shit in one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If one were married to Large Marge, what shall they expect if they post a pic of her in her Sunday best on the internet? Is this a fat acceptance website? Do we condone Healthy at Any Size? I think maybe they post it up knowing full  well what will happen.

Just because you have the ability to type shit on the internet, that doesn't mean you have too. It's much easier to just move onto another thread then to take a huge shit in one.

Alternatively, don't look for attention by posting pics and then complain when you get the wrong kind.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Really?

Aren't we kind of done here?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no...  

By tough I meant alot of ball busting and general douchebaggery

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Really?

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Really?

View Quote

No trolls still want to know how far they can push everyone's buttons.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#38]
For the record, the girl in the Jeep contest is only a friend of mine. She is actually married with a son and lives a thousand miles away. I'm used to the trash talk in GD and the comments didn't bother me. I'm even guilty of talking shit myself sometimes. I didn't even know why the thread was locked. My first thought was "I didn't post bikini pics, wtf ?"  But that's all water under the bridge. What is more important is that a member here actually messaged me and apologized for being the typical " GD douche " as he called it. I understand and accepted his unnecessary apology. So yall can carry on, keep shooting your machine guns and banging super models like some wanna be Arfcom version of Dan Bilzerian. It's all good.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm the east coast spokesman for the company. Interested in a franchise opportunity?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#40]
So there really is a Goatboy..........cool
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm the east coast spokesman for the company. Interested in a franchise opportunity?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sample?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So there really is a Goatboy..........cool
View Quote

And i just learned that danish mod we have is real too!

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#43]

[Jump To Reply]Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no...

GD is not actually tough at all. The CoC is pretty restrictive and there's a lot of active moderation.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

this  is not actually tough at all. The CoC is pretty restrictive and there's a lot of active moderation.

Then   you haven't been in the military,   I seen guys hounded / bullied so bad    they ask their wife unit for a divorce  just to stop the bullying ..     on an other note thou   ,,,   those same guys    would give up there life for that guy.          

I knew when I made it ,,,   was when they treated me like just one of the guys .   trash mouths and all..        I can respect that.    It made me stronger .      

Did I like some of what they said  hell no.    

Ask  me   If I want to go into battle   with a guy  that brings me flowers    or one   that tell it as it is.  painful or not

View Quote
Ok....

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Ok....  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this  is not actually tough at all. The CoC is pretty restrictive and there's a lot of active moderation.

Then   you haven't been in the military,   I seen guys hounded / bullied so bad    they ask their wife unit for a divorce  just to stop the bullying ..     on an other note thou   ,,,   those same guys    would give up there life for that guy.          
        I knew when I made it ,,,   was when they treated me like just one of the guys .   trash mouths and all..        I can respect that.    It made me stronger .      
Did I like some of what they said  hell no.    

Ask  me   If I want to go into battle   with a guy  that brings me flowers    or one   that tell it as it is.  painful or not

Ok....  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No. A report just gets it looked at. I'd say that probably 75% of the reports I field end up with no action taken at all as they don't violate the COC.

I'm pretty sure that I locked the one you are talking about, but it wasn't just because someone reported it. There were several posts in there that could be considered COC violations, and I'm waiting for a response from staff on what level of protection someone's personal friends may get.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We don't keep track, but when we log into the page and see twenty reports from the same guy, who is reporting everyone for disagreeing with him or something, then we'll obviously notice it - and tell him to knock it off.

That sounds astonishingly reasonable.

Thank you.

ETA: An additional question:

Is a report an automatic lock, or do moderators ever say "sorry, I'm not going to lock that"?

I'm referring to a thread, which was just locked because it offended a member's sensibilities, and he decided to report it as a "test".

No. A report just gets it looked at. I'd say that probably 75% of the reports I field end up with no action taken at all as they don't violate the COC.

I'm pretty sure that I locked the one you are talking about, but it wasn't just because someone reported it. There were several posts in there that could be considered COC violations, and I'm waiting for a response from staff on what level of protection someone's personal friends may get.

Surprised there's no comment on this.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:52:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:14:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about "if you can't say anything nice, then keep your mouth shut?"
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top