Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:53:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#8]
So... What did I miss that brought all this on?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Well said indeed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Really?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#11]
15er in
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#13]
in on 2!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Site's too big now. Too many people. A segment of the population are basically retarded, assholes, or retarded assholes.  More people=more retarded assholes.

Not the answer you wanted to hear, but best of luck controlling it.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

that's baiting

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First staffer with the balls to edit the thread title wins the Internet for a day.

that's baiting

Master level.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:57:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:58:28 PM EDT
[#17]
What did I miss?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:58:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:58:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Well said, glad to hear.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I will be more than happy to give myself a timeout. I am ashamed at where we all have been the past few days as a group. I know most people here have not lashed out and I think you, but for the first time in years I am starting to question why this site exists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Coc,profanity in thread title

I will be more than happy to give myself a timeout. I am ashamed at where we all have been the past few days as a group. I know most people here have not lashed out and I think you, but for the first time in years I am starting to question why this site exists.
I'm just messing around man,you do a great job.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Why do mommy and daddy always fight?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are here to make fun of liberals, talk about guns and argue over beans or no beans chili!!!  Thanks for all the work GB!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
ARF is just a microcosm of the country at large.

Hint: we ARE tearing ourselves apart....it's very sad, but very real.
View Quote

Yep. I place the blame squarely on FBHO. We are all in this together.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
When you make the law, you are above the law. Hasn't our current government taught you anything?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

When you make the law, you are above the law. Hasn't our current government taught you anything?

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#29]
There is still a lot this site and its people have to offer.  I have no problem with a more frequent ban hammer
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Reported.

Wait a minute!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:03:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate reading that. This will blow over eventually, and things will return to a more civil normal. Make sure the staff has clear direction on what to do, and this will cease to be a problem soon.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
GD gots a nearly terminal case of the Feels

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We are not going to go over the top PC on things. Some things you can find humor and some you can't. Now this shit might fall into the category of poor taste, but is it really in the same vein as making light of a murder? I guess I look at some of these are more "Darwin Award" type situations where maybe a little levity and irony are ok to point out.

The question should be internalized. When you go to post something, would you be ok if it was your son/daughter? Your spouse? Your parents? If you can still find a little humor in it, then post it. If you find yourself thinking it's probably borderline, then don't. It's your account and you are posting this at your own risk. Most likely it will be a warning and a temp lock, but if it's way over the line, you wont be coming back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question:

What about the typical GD threads where people make tasteless quips about how person died?

"She had a shocking experience" if someone died of electrocution sorta thing.

Just curios.

We are not going to go over the top PC on things. Some things you can find humor and some you can't. Now this shit might fall into the category of poor taste, but is it really in the same vein as making light of a murder? I guess I look at some of these are more "Darwin Award" type situations where maybe a little levity and irony are ok to point out.

The question should be internalized. When you go to post something, would you be ok if it was your son/daughter? Your spouse? Your parents? If you can still find a little humor in it, then post it. If you find yourself thinking it's probably borderline, then don't. It's your account and you are posting this at your own risk. Most likely it will be a warning and a temp lock, but if it's way over the line, you wont be coming back.

Thanks for the clarification, GB!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:04:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Join date.

Post count.

(part of the problem)

TRG
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#36]
I back you 100%
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
First staffer with the balls to edit the thread title wins the Internet for a day.
View Quote

Rost

And well said, Goatse.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:05:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#39]
My family is healthy. I can own a normal AR15 in my state. I got another day on Earth. Life is good.

We are gun owners first and foremost. Don't let the 10% we disagree on embitter us about the remaining 90% in which we are in agreement!

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:07:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know why it exists and will continue.  So much good has been done on every level by the members here. And that will continue.

You also know that there are some people who once got a ticket for doing 60 in a school zone that will hate police for the rest of their miserable lives. As well as LEO that have become jaded and will carry that with them forever. Human nature.

The site is fine. Trust the staff and mods to do what they do. They do a good job of herding cats here.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Not sure what exactly happened but I agree.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Really?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

On vacation with a shitty internet connection in the Finger Lakes.

I assume this being GD inappropriate remarks were made about LODD.

If so, pretty messed up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I respect those that serve.

They serve for.....freedom. For better or worse.

Anyone should be able to say anything they want. Heads blown off and petty thief kids burnt alive and posted here to watch is fine? But saying mean things about someone else that died is off limits? Got it.  

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You know why it exists and will continue.  So much good has been done on every level by the members here. And that will continue.

You also know that there are some people who once got a ticket for doing 60 in a school zone that will hate police for the rest of their miserable lives. As well as LEO that have become jaded and will carry that with them forever. Human nature.

The site is fine. Trust the staff and mods to do what they do. They do a good job of herding cats here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said...

This place is still full of great humans.  With the occasional asshole that needs weeding.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:09:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Glad you guys are cracking down on it.  It made my blood boil the other day to see posts about a slain officer in a who gives a shit manor. It really reflects poorly on the community.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch. There's food for thought.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Or beheading threads where people lose their minds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This doesn't apply to electrocution threads, does it? Those are always shocking.

Its easy...  if a cop got electrocuted/decapitated, you cant say those things.  Unless youre a cop.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Another thread type which can go either way. The issue here is that people need to know what our enemies are doing without sugar coating things. So while beheading threads are vile and shocking, they are not making light of an innocent's death. (Again innocent is in the eye of the beholder.) So most of these are fine, maybe some are not. I have avoided them for a while and don't know the last time I read one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This doesn't apply to electrocution threads, does it? Those are always shocking.

Another thread type which can go either way. The issue here is that people need to know what our enemies are doing without sugar coating things. So while beheading threads are vile and shocking, they are not making light of an innocent's death. (Again innocent is in the eye of the beholder.) So most of these are fine, maybe some are not. I have avoided them for a while and don't know the last time I read one.

Kind of hard to find where the "line" is here. Either making light of or posting flippant "oh well" comments about an innocent person's demise is wrong or it isn't. Things like the Dinkheller video get posted for knowledge/training value too, but those kinds of comments clearly wouldn't fly in those threads.
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top