BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If thats Scarlet Witch in the background on Caps side she is arguably the most powerful person in that picture.

Unless Vision can keep his pimp hand robot husband hand strong.
View Quote

He is the most powerful but at the same time he is possably the most moral.

The fact that it is scarlet witch is the reason that there are only 198 Homo-Superior left makes her one of the strongest in the picture.

I'm bummed that Cable isn't going to be in the movie because he was Capts. number 2 I believe.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

If thats Scarlet Witch in the background on Caps side she is arguably the most powerful person in that picture.

View Quote
She could always just "House of M" everyone.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure that I wouldn't be apposed to that.  I have a strong dislike of Tony Stark now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know if Marvel owns the rights, but I'd like to see a Ghost Rider movie that didn't have Nicholas Cage in it..............I'd also like to see a decent fleshing out of some of Marvel's best villains............Venom, Carnage, Electro, Mysterio, The Vulture, Hobgoblin, Dr Doom, Galactus..............

Quoted:
My question is, once the Infinity War wraps up, what's next? New take on Secret Wars? More individual movies?

Honestly, this IW crescendo will be the biggest thing probably ever done in movies, concept-wise. I hope they're thinking ahead as they move forward.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of my favorite storylines
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can't post the picture but here's a kind of funny conversation between cap and ironman.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/75984/the-problem-with-the-captain-america-civil-war-teams?ref=homepage
View Quote

Don't discount Spidey.   He doesn't know how to quit.   All that guilt over Uncle Ben won't let him.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Happy wife, happy life.

Vision will do whatever Scarlet Witch tells him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Happy wife, happy life.

Will he be willing to betray Tony?  Would he be willing to kill Tony?  I'm going to say no to both of those answers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:03:46 PM EDT
[#10]

I think it's pointless to attach liberal/conservative politics to the Marvel movies. How is Iron Man a "flaming liberal"? He's a major weapons manufacturer! Not to mention in the movie series, he's fought to keep his Iron Man tech away from government (Hydra) hands. Anyway, I hope to see greater involvement of Bucky and War Machine!

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Happy wife, happy life.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Happy wife, happy life.

Scarlet Witch is the comic book definition of "Don't stick your dick in crazy."

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think it's pointless to attach liberal/conservative politics to the Marvel movies. How is Iron Man a "flaming liberal"? He's a major weapons manufacturer! Not to mention in the movie series, he's fought to keep his Iron Man tech away from government (Hydra) hands. Anyway, I hope to see greater involvement of Bucky and War Machine!

View Quote

Stark Interprise or whatever his company was a weapons manufacturer. Not anymore, not after the first movie.

The whole registration thing is he was against it before he was for it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#14]

He'll do anything for his girl just to get a chance to stick it in crazy.

But he has competition....

Thanos will do anything for his gal pal...

But so does Deadpool...

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Stark Interprise or whatever his company was a weapons manufacturer. Not anymore, not after the first movie.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well have to see how the movie plays out, personally I think he's on his own side in the political spectrum. I do hope to see Bucky as Capt America though:

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#17]

I laughed.  Not too hard but it got a hardy chuckle and a shiver up the spine.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I just want to know. Who the hell uses the world "Cap" to address a guy ranked Captain? I've been in the military and NEVER heard that word.

It's some gay Marvel word.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait doesn't he champion registration in the comics

Tony Stark does.

Cap opposes it and leads the anti-registration team.

I just want to know. Who the hell uses the world "Cap" to address a guy ranked Captain? I've been in the military and NEVER heard that word.

It's some gay Marvel word.

Common in the FD.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have lost confidence that Agemts of Shield is truly ties into the MCU. The last Avengers movie passed up several opportunities to show otherwise, that would have in no way prevented the movies from being enjoyed on their own. In fact, it could have helped explain the status of SHIELD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only Mutants should have to register.

Except there aren't mutants in the MCU, they are part of the X-Men universe.
I'm guessing something in the upcoming season of Agents of SHIELD will happen that cause a lot more Inhumans to appear.

I have lost confidence that Agemts of Shield is truly ties into the MCU. The last Avengers movie passed up several opportunities to show otherwise, that would have in no way prevented the movies from being enjoyed on their own. In fact, it could have helped explain the status of SHIELD.

I've been disappointed with the so-called "tie-ins" as well (except the fall of SHIELD).
Hell, the Avengers supposedly don't even know Coulson is alive, which is kinda hard the swallow considering three of them are high ranking SHIELD agents and Coulson hasn't exactly been in hiding. I am hoping that this season will be better about it. in fact I think it would be cool if it was Skye's new team that is involved in the event that triggers the Civil War. Wouldn't that lead to some interesting episodes?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I've been disappointed with the so-called "tie-ins" as well (except the fall of SHIELD).
Hell, the Avengers supposedly don't even know Coulson is alive, which is kinda hard the swallow considering three of them are high ranking SHIELD agents and Coulson hasn't exactly been in hiding. I am hoping that this season will be better about it. in fact I think it would be cool if it was Skye's new team that is involved in the event that triggers the Civil War. Wouldn't that lead to some interesting episodes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing something in the upcoming season of Agents of SHIELD will happen that cause a lot more Inhumans to appear.

I doubt it will happen like that.  Maria Hill is supposed to take over as director of shield at some point.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:38:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The tie ins need to be more than a few lines of dialogue.  I get you probably won't get the big names to guest on SHIELD...But they could have brought some SHIELD agents into Age of Ultron and into the Netflix shows.  SHIELD is still in the business of superhumans and costumed types...a masked vigilante running around NYC would warrant someone checking him out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:51:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Food for thought.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:52:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes. The essence of Tony Stark's character in the movies is that he doesnt trust the government at all and is all about individual liberties.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn't it in Ironman 2 where the government wanted total control over the power suit and Tony had this huge FU speech during a congressional hearing?

Yes. The essence of Tony Stark's character in the movies is that he doesnt trust the government at all and is all about individual liberties.

And now he turns around and does this? Doesn't make sense.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:57:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn't it in Ironman 2 where the government wanted total control over the power suit and Tony had this huge FU speech during a congressional hearing?

Its a gradual thing, after ultron he see's the error of his "maverick" ways.  Then something happens that causes great loss of life and it pushes him further.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:17:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Actually it sucked.  It had a lot of promise in the beginning, when the writers PROMISED that they were going to treat both sides as thinking themselves justified and neither side as really being right.  What actually happened is that a bunch of liberal asshole writers painted the pro registration side as fascists and made them do shit like clone Thor, arm and use supervillains to hunt down renegade superheroes, etc...
The comic book version of registration was simply that if you wanted to be a costumed superhero and fight bad guys, you had to get training and work for a team overseen by and approved by government watchdogs.  If you didn't want to do that, you could just live a normal life and go about your business but you couldn't be a super-powered vigilante.
That's reasonable enough that you could write a good story arc where both sides are good guys and their confrontations are tragic.  Instead, they made long-time heroes like Tony Stark, Hank Pym and Reed Richards into basically power-mad villains.  It got so bad they had to ret-con it by saying a lot of them had been replaced by Skrull imposters.
But I have faith in the Russo brothers to make a good movie from the basic plot of heroes turning against each other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this story collected in a trade paperback by chance? This looks like a must own.

Actually it sucked.  It had a lot of promise in the beginning, when the writers PROMISED that they were going to treat both sides as thinking themselves justified and neither side as really being right.  What actually happened is that a bunch of liberal asshole writers painted the pro registration side as fascists and made them do shit like clone Thor, arm and use supervillains to hunt down renegade superheroes, etc...
The comic book version of registration was simply that if you wanted to be a costumed superhero and fight bad guys, you had to get training and work for a team overseen by and approved by government watchdogs.  If you didn't want to do that, you could just live a normal life and go about your business but you couldn't be a super-powered vigilante.
That's reasonable enough that you could write a good story arc where both sides are good guys and their confrontations are tragic.  Instead, they made long-time heroes like Tony Stark, Hank Pym and Reed Richards into basically power-mad villains.  It got so bad they had to ret-con it by saying a lot of them had been replaced by Skrull imposters.
But I have faith in the Russo brothers to make a good movie from the basic plot of heroes turning against each other.

You really think liberal writers wouldn't screw the ending of their own story when they realized the ideal of registration would be evil any way they sliced it? Sometimes when people realize their logic wouldn't function in the real world, they tend to do anything but be honest.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:35:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Its a gradual thing, after ultron he see's the error of his "maverick" ways.  Then something happens that causes great loss of life and it pushes him further.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a concept I'll never grasp unfortunately.  To understand individual freedom then through gradual increasing of the "feels" forget why that individual freedom was important in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:40:55 AM EDT
[#27]
You've never seen someone go from being a moderate (what Tony Stark really is) to being a libral?

Stark cares about himself.  In the Comic he goes to the funeral of the people of Stamford and he gets spit on by one of the mothers of the children.

She holds him responcible for the incident because he sponsers the Avengers.  Though the New Warriors had nothing to do with the Avengers she still holds him responcible.

Sounds a lot like the anti gun lobby holding the NRA or all gun owners responcible for every shooting.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:16:49 AM EDT
[#28]
A moderate to a liberal? Actually no I haven't seen that. Over here there's no Grey area. If there is there's always someone to point out that you are what you're confused about being.

But I guess if the writers wanted to write him that way then ..... or I guess.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:19:58 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

My thought? The MCU is not developed enough for Civil War. No Spidey, no F4, not enough super villains, NO MUTANTS. If you're gonna watch this movie thinking of the comics, it's gonna sucks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:20:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A moderate to a liberal? Actually no I haven't seen that. Over here there's no Grey area. If there is there's always someone to point out that you are what you're confused about being.

View Quote

I don't know where over here is.

I've seen it over years.  Its just like a libral becoming a moderate or moderate to conservitive.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:24:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It will never happen because the all female ghostbusters is going to tank.

Also they don't have an all female team that I know of.
View Quote

No they don't but the way Marvel is pandering to female readers/ viewers I bet they'll cobble something together
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:24:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My thought? The MCU is not developed enough for Civil War. No Spidey, no F4, not enough super villains, NO MUTANTS. If you're gonna watch this movie thinking of the comics, it's gonna sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I agree. They don't own the rights to F4 or X-Men.  There's only so much you can fit into one movie.  Unless they started coming out with one movie a year which would saturate the market imo.

What they should do is try to get TV involved and do what they did with DD for more hero's this will add the Villians into it.

Along with this there's more hands to be paid.  Too many hands and not enough money.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:26:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You've never seen someone go from being a moderate (what Tony Stark really is) to being a libral?

Stark cares about himself.  In the Comic he goes to the funeral of the people of New Town and he gets spit on by one of the mothers of the children.

She holds him responcible for the incident because he sponsers the Avengers.  Though the New Warriors had nothing to do with the Avengers she still holds him responcible.

Sounds a lot like the anti gun lobby holding the NRA or all gun owners responcible for every shooting.
View Quote

Wait, the bomb thing happened in "New Town"?

Are you fucking kidding me?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:30:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No they don't but the way Marvel is pandering to female readers/ viewers I bet they'll cobble something together
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will never happen because the all female ghostbusters is going to tank.

Also they don't have an all female team that I know of.

IMO they need to get X-Men back before they can come up with a decent female team.

The non-homo-superier famale hero's aren't that great IMO SW is a mutant that MCU has the rights to.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:31:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stark cares about himself.  In the Comic he goes to the funeral of the people of New Town and he gets spit on by one of the mothers of the children.

My bad Stamford is the place.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:15:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I've seen it over years.  Its just like a libral becoming a moderate or moderate to conservitive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think in his mind.

It can't be Armenia, with one foot in Iran, one in Russia, corrupt politicians talking out of both sides of their mouth over the most basic of priciples, and no clear path forward. No, it must be the black and white world of a fertile imagination.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:23:08 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:28:00 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nitro goes boom in a fictional town in CT named "Stamford".

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:55:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an actual city in CT
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but this isn't that city.  It's the fictional town of Stamford, CT, which is identical except it has superheroes, which makes it fictional.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LoL.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Look for an all female character movie
Widow, Cpt Marvel, a female mutant or two crossover if the other studio works a deal. Scarlet Witch
The female Wasp they set up for at the end of Ant Man.
If the female Ghostbusters doesn't completely tank I bet this will happen.
Marvel is too PC lately in its character revisions to not green light a PC movie like that if it fits into their overall story arc
View Quote

I really, really hope it does.

Speaking of Cpt Marvel: there's a lot of talk of Ronda Rousey playing her.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Widow, Cpt Marvel, a female mutant or two crossover if the other studio works a deal. Scarlet Witch
Marvel is too PC lately in its character revisions to not green light a PC movie like that if it fits into their overall story arc

I was kinda hoping on the girl from Chuck,  Yvonne Strahovski.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#44]
I think this storyline is stupid, But I am with Winter Soldier and Captain A.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it only came up because she was asked what superhero she would play.
It doesn't necessarily mean it's going anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx119/dhmjr_photos/yvonne-strahovski_004169481.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx119/dhmjr_photos/yvonne-strahovski_004169481.jpg

Good choice.  I was thinking the same thing.  They should have pushed Civil War back a little and added some more b-list hero's.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I think this storyline is stupid, But I am with Winter Soldier and Captain A.
View Quote

I like the story because it show's how pro freedom Captian America is.  I also like the fact that their bringing in Winter Soldier just in case Evans doesn't renew his contract.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Deadpool kills them all in the end.
View Quote

Deadpool 2016

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Good choice.  I was thinking the same thing.  They should have pushed Civil War back a little and added some more b-list hero's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might have made sense if they intended to use Civil War as the climax of the series.

As a Captain America character development vehicle, this is probably ideal - no reason for it to get too busy.

Everybody can get back on the same team when a major galactic threat emerges.

You can only plan story arcs going out so far when dealing with human actors. This is unprecedented as is.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Might have made sense if they intended to use Civil War as the climax of the series.

As a Captain America character development vehicle, this is probably ideal - no reason for it to get too busy.

You can only plan story arcs going out so far when dealing with human actors. This is unprecedented as is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With that, Evans is slated for one more after CW.  I'm petting its going to be IW part 2 just because Captain America is the great uniter...  Capt dies during IW part 2 leading Bucky (Winter Soldier) to take over.

If Evans does sign on to do more then they can play it like oh hey SW really saved him by sending him into a different dimension.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top