Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2015 11:16:40 PM EDT
I wasn't there, I just saw it on the news.  

JACKSON, MO (KFVS) -

Around a hundred people came out to support the Confederate Flag at a fundraiser at Hanners Wholesale in Cape Girardeau County on Saturday.

At the event, many placed their Confederate Flags on their vehicles to proudly show their support and to promote the history behind the flag and not hatred toward anyone.

One by one, they lined up in their vehicles and paraded into the town of Jackson into the uptown area led by a General Lee of Dukes of Hazzard replica car.

The Confederate flag controversy over the last few months has swept across the nation.
View Quote

link with video
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Call it what it really is, the democrat flag.

They designed it, they fought to break from the Union with it, and for the next 150 years treated blacks like shit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They designed it, they fought to break from the Union with it, and for the next 150 years treated blacks like shit.
View Quote

It was a flag of a CSA army unit as in the Army of Northern Virginia. 150 years?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:07:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It was a flag of a CSA army unit as in the Army of Northern Virginia. 150 years?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that just sucks that 98% of the country can't tell the difference, and wouldn't change their minds, if they did.  Too bad.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:15:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow.  Two Cali residents barking about the Battle Flag of Northern Virginia.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:21:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

You're right. That flag is racist and should be put in jail.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:25:37 AM EDT
[#6]
So what were the local racists like?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:28:19 AM EDT
[#7]
But us Missourians also were part of the Union as well.

We're a half and half state, but the Confederates lost

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:49:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So what were the local racists like?
View Quote

Like a bunch of Oregnonians.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:59:07 AM EDT
[#9]
IF U DONT HATE THAT FLAG U HATE AMERICA!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:09:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, I hate Amerika. I still love America.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:11:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

No, I hate Amerika. I still love America.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:11:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Funny how people who claim to hate an overreaching federal government show such disrespect to people who actually took a stand against an overreaching federal government....
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:14:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Funny how people who claim to hate an overreaching federal government show such disrespect to people who actually took a stand against an overreaching federal government....
View Quote

BAM!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:00:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I added my $0.02

If the 0bama administration had not had a coordinated response in pressuring so many businesses to stop selling the flag, then displays of Southern Heritage like this  would not be breaking out across the country. This is a reaction to communist style historic revisionism that is seeking to replace the history of the country that the current fed.gov disagrees with. As the fed.gov seeks more and more power, seeks regulations and prohibitions on such mundane activities from collecting rain water to little girls selling lemonade, infringing on un-infringable Constitutional Rights, it is no wonder that the fed.gov is very interested and quite energized on eliminating the history of when people rose up against the fed.gov, and the flag, traditions and heritage that it is associated with.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Confederate lives matter
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I added my $0.02

If the 0bama administration had not had a coordinated response in pressuring so many businesses to stop selling the flag, then displays of Southern Heritage like this  would not be breaking out across the country. This is a reaction to communist style historic revisionism that is seeking to replace the history of the country that the current fed.gov disagrees with. As the fed.gov seeks more and more power, seeks regulations and prohibitions on such mundane activities from collecting rain water to little girls selling lemonade, infringing on un-infringable Constitutional Rights, it is no wonder that the fed.gov is very interested and quite energized on eliminating the history of when people rose up against the fed.gov, and the flag, traditions and heritage that it is associated with.
View Quote

Because if businesses don't fly a flag, history is "eliminated."  Right.    

I guess people will have to get their history from actual written sources, rather than out-of-context symbols plastered across trucks and t-shirts.

Finally, the "traditions and heritage" associated with that flag include open warfare against the U.S. Army and defense of a culture and government dedicated to preserving race-based slavery.  It is not surprising that so many people, 150 years later, no longer wish to display Confederate symbols.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#17]
As a life long New England yankee I support your right to fly that flag.  It doesn't mean I like every guys motivations for doing so but it is a historic flag that has stood for different many things.  It is too bad it is being pigeonholed by single issue politicians and activists to mean only one thing so many years later.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  In for more posters to out themselves
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Racking up some clicks in this thread. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top