Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/29/2015 10:40:39 AM EDT

1) Make sure the city's name is correctly spelled (twice).
2) It helps to use offices that actually exist, with valid names, addresses, and phone numbers.
3) Don't Google image search "fake doctors note" and use the first image as a template.

Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Fire him/her.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#2]
And your course of action is?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems legit.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fire him/her.
View Quote

Monday, while he's out sick of course.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Noice
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#8]
He reversed the doctors name as well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#9]
If he's a decent employee and this is what he had to do to get some time off then your company sucks.

If this is regular behavior then fire em.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#10]
None of the dates should be typed, only handwritten.

Should have a return to work condition, as well as date.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Future dating the illness is a nice touch.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#12]
4) A real note wouldn't have a typed patient name and dates but use manually-checked choices.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why is it Salvatore Niklaus in the header and Niklaus Salvatore on the signature?
View Quote

Where is Dr. Salvatore's signature?

Why is there a "/" after 15 down near the bottom?

Why isn't there a header?

Why is "Av." abbreviated like that?

Why when I called the phone number it was another employees mother who answered the phone?

So many questions
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I will say if he had used EdSr's name for the doctor, I would have given him a pass for for the giggles.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Hi doctor Nick!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If he's a decent employee and this is what he had to do to get some time off then your company sucks.

If this is regular behavior then fire em.
View Quote

unfortunately for him, he wasn't a decent employee and has had multiple chances to get it together.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Ooooh, thats going in his or her permanent file.  Oooh.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#18]
That's just sad.

I did a google search and sure enough it was the first one.  LOL.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Why would you have to fake a doctor's note to get time off? Already burned through all of his vacation?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Looks like something from Dr. Nick on the The Simpsons.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why would you have to fake a doctor's note to get time off? Already burned through all of his vacation?
View Quote

The company is flexible with things like absences/early dismissals when it involves worker's kids/family, appointments, court dates, etc as long as there's something in writing. That saves on their vacation/personal days. I'd have to look up what he had left but my guess is little to none.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#22]
I say give the guy a raise. he can time travel!

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Go Spartuns!

Guess all those schools with Spartan, er, Spartun mascots have been doing it wrong!

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Damn, I faked much better notes to get out of school when I was 15.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Betting this is a blue collar position. Surprise me
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/JCAl5p2.jpg

2) It helps to use offices that actually exist, with valid names, addresses, and phone numbers.

3) Don't Google image search "fake doctors note" and use the first image as a template.

Any other suggestions?

View Quote
The joys of supervision.

On the side: why do you have Florida on the skull in your avatar when you are from SC?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#28]
The very few times I had a doctor's note, it was written on an Rx sheet.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

4) A real note wouldn't have a typed patient name and dates but use manually-checked choices.

View Quote
Not true. The clinic I work at has computer generated notes where the only thing actually handwritten is the signature.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can't surprise you
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The joys of supervision.   http://imageshack.com/a/img138/9080/anothershortjoke.gif

On the side: why do you have Florida on the skull in your avatar when you are from SC?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any other suggestions?
The joys of supervision.   http://imageshack.com/a/img138/9080/anothershortjoke.gif

Check under my username
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Why is it Salvatore Niklaus in the header and Niklaus Salvatore on the signature?
View Quote

That's what they call the "last nail in the coffin".

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Future dating the illness is a nice touch.
View Quote

That part is OK if I anticipate that the patient will need a few days to convalesce, but at that point
we'll usually fill out the full FLMA paperwork when there are several days out like that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#34]
4.  Go work somewhere that doesn't require me to have a doctor's note to take sick time because I'm not in fucking elementary school anymore
5.  Hire better people, pay and treat them like adults and you won't have this problem.  
6. OR you could just start a thread bitching about how everyone is lazy because they don't want to slave away for an employer that treats them like shit and pays them $7.50 an hour
7.  This has never been a problem anywhere I've ever worked so maybe I'm not crazy in my assumptions.  
8.  Don't let #7 stop you from telling me I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Can't surprise you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't surprise you

That was so easy
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#36]
At least it was made on a computer.  Had one that was hand written.  At least your guy shows a little effort.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:52:31 AM EDT
[#37]
What is this highshcool? Why on Earth do you require a MD's note for an employee that missed work? Employee misses work, they use your sick/PTO time. That is what it is for. Who cares whether the employee was on his/her deathbed with meningitis, just hung over, or faking it and hanging out on the beach all day. And if the employee has exhausted all his/her sick/PTO time and continues to call off you replace them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The company is flexible with things like absences/early dismissals when it involves worker's kids/family, appointments, court dates, etc as long as there's something in writing. That saves on their vacation/personal days. I'd have to look up what he had left but my guess is little to none.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Court dates? Da fuq!?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
4.  Go work somewhere that doesn't require me to have a doctor's note to take sick time because I'm not in fucking elementary school anymore
5.  Hire better people, pay and treat them like adults and you won't have this problem.  
6. OR you could just start a thread bitching about how everyone is lazy because they don't want to slave away for an employer that treats them like shit and pays them $7.50 an hour
7.  This has never been a problem anywhere I've ever worked so maybe I'm not crazy in my assumptions.  
8.  Don't let #7 stop you from telling me I'm wrong.
View Quote

That's nice dear. Please refer to where I said we were flexible with stuff that pops up outside the normal boundaries of vacation/personal time, but an unexcused absence (in this case multiple) is just that without anything to back it up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

What is this highshcool? Why on Earth do you require a MD's note for an employee that missed work? Employee misses work, they use your sick/PTO time. That is what it is for. Who cares whether the employee was on his/her deathbed with meningitis, just hung over, or faking it and hanging out on the beach all day. And if the employee has exhausted all his/her sick/PTO time and continues to call off you replace them.
View Quote
My employer, a municipality, gives us two 'free' sick days before they require a note.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
You saw that too.  :)

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Court dates? Da fuq!?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Court dates? Da fuq!?

Jury duty, traffic stuff, child support hearings, you hear it all after a while
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#44]
What kind of job requires a sick note?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

My employer, a municipality, gives us two 'free' sick days before they require a note.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Other than requiring a note what happens when you take a 3rd sick day? Do you use up your accrued vacation/PTO time? Just an unpaid day off?  At my work we just have PTO (paid time off), and you use it for whatever reason you need a day off for, whether it is because you are sick, going on vacation, etc. Requiring an employee to bring in a doctor's note for missed work is asinine. The employee missed work, who cares why. If the employee has the sick time/PTO available, then that is what it exists for. If they don't, and they use more time off than accrued, you replace them with someone more dependable.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

It really depends on the level of the employees you are working with.  The engineers I have, if they say they are sick, and need to be home, I believe them.  When I managed bartenders, if they called out sick too often, they needed to bring a note. Especially if they screwed up and told their coworkers how nice the beach/party/date night was on the nights they were stricken with scarlet fever and bedridden.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What kind of job requires a sick note?
View Quote

sounds like a shitty one.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Other than requiring a note what happens when you take a 3rd sick day? Do you use up your accrued vacation/PTO time? Just an unpaid day off?  At my work we just have PTO (paid time off), and you use it for whatever reason you need a day off for, whether it is because you are sick, going on vacation, etc. Requiring an employee to bring in a doctor's note for missed work is asinine. The employee missed work, who cares why. If the employee has the sick time/PTO available, then that is what it exists for. If they don't, and they use more time off than accrued, you replace them with someone more dependable.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nailed it!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Any other suggestions?
View Quote

Is this the guy?

Signed; Epstein's mother
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not true. The clinic I work at has computer generated notes where the only thing actually handwritten is the signature.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. And our EHR can even print the signature.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top