Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/28/2015 10:24:25 AM EDT
Regarding his motives, most of the talking heads suggest he was crazy.  Regarding gun control, many of the same have been discussing how he should have been caught and saddled with a mental health disqualifier which would have shown up in his background check.

I don't think he was crazy, and furthermore, I think he knew what he was doing, and he knew right from wrong.

I think he had a victim's mentality, and I think he used his "victim-hood" to justify hurting those whom he had perceived to have wronged him.  I think he also craved attention; hence his 'manifesto' and the Facebook and Twitter posts.

Stronger background checks would not have helped.  Additional gun control laws would also have failed to prevent this act by this person.  He was evil, and that cannot be legislated away.

I also think he is a product of our current society in that we (collectively) do not believe we are ever responsible for our own failures in life.  This, I think, is one of the biggest failures of the left, and I think we will continue to see more of these types of events.

So what do you think?  Was he crazy?

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes. You can still be crazy and know what you're doing.

/thread
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#2]
He was fucking loony toons with a giant helping of asshole.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#3]
No, he was an angry minority who has been told his whole life he was a victim and wanted to start a race war.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Perpetual victim is exactly how I described him that night after looking at everything that had come out about him.  I think he got so deep into thinking the way he did, and he made the decision to act, even though he knew it was wrong.  I think he justified it to himself.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes.

/thread
View Quote

But what made him crazy?  That he would kill someone?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Not until he decided to pull the trigger, until then was just a typical BLM.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]
He wasn't crazy. He was a piece of shit that worked the democrat plantation and then let his and his democrat masters true evil show when he didn't get what he "deserved".

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't think he was crazy, just a gay racist piece of shit, that should have blown his fucking brains out instead of murdering 2 people, then blowing his brains out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#9]
The writing was on the wall. But the liberals would have bitched about his gay black rights if he had been detained prior to the shooting..

They have that eat your cake syndrome
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#10]
He was an asshole who blamed everyone else for his own failures.

We need to get away from this idea that if someone does something like this they are crazy or sick. BS. They are evil and should be treated as such.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#11]
He struck me as a highly functioning sociopath.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He was an asshole who blamed everyone else for his own failures.

We need to get away from this idea that if someone does something like this they are crazy or sick. BS. They are evil and should be treated as such.
View Quote

I agree.  I think people like to say these perps are "crazy" because they (the people claiming the perp is crazy) would have to be crazy to commit the same act.  It's a projection of themselves.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#13]
He was crazy as fuck but didn't rise to the level of the Mcnaughten standard for legal insanity.

Doesn't matter now he s worm food.fuckem
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#14]
He was a lot of the top two options
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

/thread

He was gay and black and he wasn't going to take it anymore.  
Some people that knew him said he thought acting was part of his job.  Apparently he acted like an asshole mostly.  He glued himself to a chair the day they fired him.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes, he was crazy. No sane person decides to fix his grievances by shooting to death two innocent people. Or a church full of worshippers. Or an elementary school full of children.
Anybody who thinks like that cannot be reasoned with. He was insane, but also fully aware of what he was doing. In his twisted mind, his actions were somehow justified.

The best thing you can do to people like that is to take them out back and shoot them, or lock them up before they harm the innocent. But of course we cannot do that. Not before they commit their crimes.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#17]
I think years of the media fanning the flames of racial strife just came back to burn them.  And watching the desperate argument that gun control is the solution, just shows the complete lack of of understanding or failure to acknowledge that they created the setting.  They set the stage for a man to feel so enraged that it was appropriate to murder his coworkers (regardless of means - as if that matters).

As to the man, yes, he was fringe crazy - obviously.  Just like the crazy guy in NY who shot the cops

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#19]
How would I know? I'm not a physiosociochiatrist so I leave that sort of thing to the professionals. He was a low-life and now he's dead. That's all I need to know.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Not crazy but evil and immature as fuck.

And I think the CO shooter and Adam Lanza were crazy.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They suggest that because they don't understand personality disorders or the mental reasoning of violent criminal actors.

This guy was not crazy. He was an asshole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Regarding his motives, most of the talking heads suggest he was crazy.

They suggest that because they don't understand personality disorders or the mental reasoning of violent criminal actors.

This guy was not crazy. He was an asshole.

Yep.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not crazy but evil and immature as fuck.

And I think the CO shooter and Adam Lanza were crazy.
View Quote

None of them were "crazy".

All of them were able to discern between right and wrong and appreciate the consequences of their actionss. They just didn't give a fuck. The ultimate "me" behavior.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That's bullshit.

Human history is littered with people who have a perfectly sound mind fully capable of reason who killed people over insults, slights, disputes, romance, money, you name it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, he was crazy. No sane person decides to fix his grievances by shooting to death two innocent people.

That's bullshit.

Human history is littered with people who have a perfectly sound mind fully capable of reason who killed people over insults, slights, disputes, romance, money, you name it.

Yep.  "Crazy" is used too freely, it is too broad a term anymore
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

/thread

Biology
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#26]
He was just a fucking asshole who had special snowflake sydrome who decided to murder people.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
He was just a fucking asshole who had special snowflake sydrome who decided to murder people.  

View Quote

'bout sums it up...
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Sane enough to understand how easy it is to kill unarmed,unaware people.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#29]
I think he was coo coo for Cocoa Puffs.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's bullshit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, he was crazy. No sane person decides to fix his grievances by shooting to death two innocent people.

That's bullshit.

Did you see his twitter remarks? Do you consider him a sane person? Do sane people upload videos of themselves shooting people to death? Would you?? What mental state would you have to be in to do something that crazy?

He was batshit crazy.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#32]
No, he wasn't crazy.

The fact that he stood there and waited for the camera to be turned back on the reporter and the person being interviewed suggests a calculated plan.

Did he have issues (anger, cultural, personal,etc.), yes.  Crazy, No.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Malignant narcissistic asshole with perpetual victim complex.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Nuttier than a squirrel turd.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Did you see his twitter remarks? Do you consider him a sane person? Do sane people upload videos of themselves shooting people to death? Would you?? What mental state would you have to be in to do something that crazy?

He was batshit crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's bullshit.

He was batshit crazy.

Are you judging his sanity based on what you would be able to do, yourself?  What his act crazy because you couldn't do the same?

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yes, he was crazy. No sane person decides to fix his grievances by shooting to death two innocent people. Or a church full of worshippers. Or an elementary school full of children.
Anybody who thinks like that cannot be reasoned with. He was insane, but also fully aware of what he was doing. In his twisted mind, his actions were somehow justified.

The best thing you can do to people like that is to take them out back and shoot them, or lock them up before they harm the innocent. But of course we cannot do that. Not before they commit their crimes.
View Quote

So true. I can't figure out how he fired the glock.  A normal gay would have limp wristed and caused a FTF.  Perhaps a crazy gay can overcome the limp wrist issue.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#37]
He was #BlackLivesMatter poster boy.  Really a poster boy for the perpetual victimhood mentality fostered by leftists.  And he might have been crazy.  But he basically took their demand for special treatment, their hatred for their "oppressors" and their #BLM riots and took it to the next level.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#38]

You can't "be crazy" until you are diagnosed.

An autopsy might reveal some sort of brain abnormality.

Any story spun from now on will be either misdirection or agenda driven...

imo

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Nope. Not crazy. Full of hate, racist to the core. He justified acting out his rage by latching onto the racial tensions being fostered by the left.

Sounds like he never reconciled his homosexuality either.

"How dare you disagree with me!"

Not a psychiatrist. Just my opinion but I'm sure there's a lot more to his strory. This was a calculated, premeditated hate crime. No sympathy from me, he can burn in hell.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

He was batshit crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's bullshit.

He was batshit crazy.

YOU think someone has to be crazy to do that. No. They just have to be self-absorbed, look-at-me, screw everybody else evil. It exists. Denial or calling it crazy doesn't make it go away. This guy showed zero signs of mental illness.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Perpetual victim enabled by the current narrative and DC administration.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Interesting how everyone thinks that being a bad human = being insane/crazy.

Sure makes the world a rosy place when the bad people are all crazy. That would make everything nice and neat then. So if someone wasn't crazy, then we could trust all their actions as being good and reasonable. . .
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#45]
I have a theory that most  black people, especially the impoverished, grow up being taught that everything that is wrong in their lives and everything they don't have is the fault of the white man. Some just take that mentality to a whole new level.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#46]
He was brainwashed by professional race-baiters and went off the deep end.

The person or persons responsible for hiring and keeping him on the job should be fired, charged with criminal liability, sued until they are left with only the clothes on their back, and not given any job above riding on the back of a garbage truck or pumping out septic tanks. They are the ones who bear primary responsibility for these murders.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

this sane people don't gun down innocent people in cold blood and then kill themselves.

we have a SERIOUS mental health issue in this country and PC is a big reason for it. we are afraid to label people crazy and do what is needed to protect society from the nuts. i'd bet a full on 10% or more of our walking around population is full on violent crazy. that doesn't mean guns are a problem nor that access to them is the problem. it means we don;t have the stomach to lock up the nuts and call them what they are, as a result shit like this happens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes. You can still be crazy and know what you're doing.

/thread

this sane people don't gun down innocent people in cold blood and then kill themselves.

we have a SERIOUS mental health issue in this country and PC is a big reason for it. we are afraid to label people crazy and do what is needed to protect society from the nuts. i'd bet a full on 10% or more of our walking around population is full on violent crazy. that doesn't mean guns are a problem nor that access to them is the problem. it means we don;t have the stomach to lock up the nuts and call them what they are, as a result shit like this happens.

They weren't innocent, from his point of view. He fostered a blame everybody else, victim mentality. He lived it every day.

We have definitions for crazy people. Unfortunately, our society has eschewed recognizing evil. Stalin and Hitler did it, too- just on a larger level. But it's all evil. It's all I don't give a fuck about anyone else except myself and getting revenge.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#48]
He was crazy, but crazy shouldn't be a defense.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#50]
I find this similar to the Chris Dorner incident with the LAPD. Tossed out of the police force , sees himself as a victim and seeks revenge with a manifesto explaining his actions.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top