View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I made it through the first minute.
He can FOAD
I bet he has calculated that negative reviews make more money  

Pretty much this.  If you make money by clicks, then posting a divisive and inflammatory review is going to get you more clicks then a review saying that its a good gun.

Unfortunately the internet rewards stupidity.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Other posters probably don't care too much about a statement like that posted on an internet board. They'll simply click the 'back' button and continue on.

Seriously, 2015 has been the year of the hurt feels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No sand here, just pointing out the irrational personal attacks that are apparently accepted and defended here so long as other posters like you agree with it. It's an odd double standard!

Eta;: notice at least 4 posters seem more offended that I pointed this out than they are over the actual personal attack against members ?

Other posters probably don't care too much about a statement like that posted on an internet board. They'll simply click the 'back' button and continue on.

Didn't say there were any hurt feelz, did I?  I pointed out that it was a personal attack. No where did I say I was offended or upset
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Didn't say there were any hurt feelz, did I?  I pointed out that it was a personal attack. No where did I say I was offended or upset
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No sand here, just pointing out the irrational personal attacks that are apparently accepted and defended here so long as other posters like you agree with it. It's an odd double standard!

Eta;: notice at least 4 posters seem more offended that I pointed this out than they are over the actual personal attack against members ?

Except it wasn't a personal attack, and the fact that you wrote out a long comment about it shows that you're ass-blasted about it.

ETA: And you finished your comment with this:
Quoted:

Is it ok to directly break the COC and attack other members now? If that's the case, then fuck you, guy.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Honestly I take that as a personal attack. I'm not a huge Nutn fan and I disagree with him on a lot of things, but I do watch some of his vids and generally pick up some decent info or learn at least some bit of info from what he's reviewing. Same goes for every other youtube gun/knife reviewer that's consistent and thorough. I watch Sootch, Hickock, LAV, and tons of other content creators on YT and they all offer different perspectives and info on these products. I find nutn annoying but he does offer some  consistent data. So, going to continue with the direct blatant personal attacks, guy? Is it ok to directly break the COC and attack other members now? If that's the case, then fuck you, guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The guy and everyone who enjoys his videos is a fucking moron.

Honestly I take that as a personal attack. I'm not a huge Nutn fan and I disagree with him on a lot of things, but I do watch some of his vids and generally pick up some decent info or learn at least some bit of info from what he's reviewing. Same goes for every other youtube gun/knife reviewer that's consistent and thorough. I watch Sootch, Hickock, LAV, and tons of other content creators on YT and they all offer different perspectives and info on these products. I find nutn annoying but he does offer some  consistent data. So, going to continue with the direct blatant personal attacks, guy? Is it ok to directly break the COC and attack other members now? If that's the case, then fuck you, guy.

You self identify as a moron. That's cool. No judgement here.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm going to tell my mommy on you.  This made my stress card spike.

For the record, no, no, no you do not learn anything helpful or pick up generally good info from his videos.  His videos serve as a warning to others of what not to do.

Glock Cerakote
LaRue tampering
Dispelling Myths of Long Range Shooting and the Sniper
Walther PPQ Sniper's Psitol
Sniper Prime

Everything I've seen from him is a colossal abortion of juvenile magnitude, amplified on 45 minutes youtube videos where all that is clear is that he loves the sound of his own voice, and is about as knowledgeable about firearms as a pre-pubescent Call of Duty fan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh shit, better post about DRhodes in the butthurt thread and report him for trolling!

Is this what our site has become?

For the record, no, no, no you do not learn anything helpful or pick up generally good info from his videos.  His videos serve as a warning to others of what not to do.

Glock Cerakote
LaRue tampering
Sniper Prime

Everything I've seen from him is a colossal abortion of juvenile magnitude, amplified on 45 minutes youtube videos where all that is clear is that he loves the sound of his own voice, and is about as knowledgeable about firearms as a pre-pubescent Call of Duty fan.

I really respect you LRR, and your posts are generally very informative and rational. Your threads are awesome. I agree on some of your points but like I said, I'll watch 5 different reviews on a gun from different content creators and generally get some interesting ideas from each.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that guy.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This year has shown me that there is far more sand on this planet and far bigger vaginas than I ever could have imagined.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I really respect you LRR, and your posts are generally very informative and rational. Your threads are awesome. I agree on some of your points but like I said, I'll watch 5 different reviews on a gun from different content creators and generally get some interesting ideas from each.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh shit, better post about DRhodes in the butthurt thread and report him for trolling!

Glock Cerakote
LaRue tampering
Sniper Prime

Hey sports fan, are you done yet ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Except it wasn't a personal attack, and the fact that you wrote out a long comment about it shows that you're ass-blasted about it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it ok to directly break the COC and attack other members now? If that's the case, then fuck you, guy.

You couldn't be more wrong.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It wouldn't have if he had fucked with the gas block placement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
at any KAC fanboys that laughed when LaRue was the target

ETA:  I own both and think both are awesome.

except this gun works.  Regardless, hes a know it all but actual dumb idiot.

theres no proof of that.  That was pure speculation.  No one, and not you got that gun into their hands and actually fixed it.  

That assessment was based off a picture.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:09:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone who isn't butthurt doesn't tell someone else "fuck you."  If you're going to lie, you should try and hide your feelings a little better.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
He's baiting people for ad revenue.
View Quote

I guess retiring from the Air Force (Guard or Reserves) as an O-5 doesn't pay all that well after all.

Does anybody know what youtube pays per view or click?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I know who he is.  I don't give a shit what he says.

I don't click on his drivel.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly why I didn't even click. I keep thinking I'm going to run into him out in the desert... so far I have been lucky, and have not.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The KAC I have is actually pretty damn light for a 16 inch barrel.  Mod 1 URX 3.1

I put an Elcan on it too which isn't exactly the lightest optic.
View Quote

Which Elcan?

M145?

Or

Spectre?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you're saying you weren't ass-mad about it? If not, then why insult him at the end of your comment?

Or are you disagreeing with me telling you it wasn't a personal attack?

If so, here's the rule about personal attacks:
"6) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner. "

Being that he didn't specifically state your name, or quote you, or refer to any member specifically, it's not attacking or insulting a person other than Nutnfancy.

You came into the thread and bitched about his comment, which wasn't about anyone specifically other than Nutnfancy. You can make comments in general about people who do things (i.e. "People who split lanes are cunts") and it doesn't fall under the rule.

So unless you're Nutnfancy, he hasn't personally attacked or insulted you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Just one man's opinion, GD. Get over it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Like I said. Morons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lolz at the guys who didn't bother watching....

he liked the gun, thought it was well made, just too expensive.  that is an argument many here in GD make with regards to the "fancy roll mark" rifles.

I watched it.

Everything he said about specific details was either incorrect or crazy.

Like I said. Morons.

QFT
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I bought a Mod 0 during the panic for around 1600.

He is as good at finding deals as he is at installing gas blocks.
View Quote

lol, this is funny though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I guess retiring from the Air Force (Guard or Reserves) as an O-5 doesn't pay all that well after all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Youtube should seriously only count it as a view if you watch more than 50% of the video. That would solve this problem quickly.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Lol at him talking about gas blocks.

Mod0 is attached by press fitting besides those screws btw nutn, so you would a have a hard time getting it off to ruin that gun like you did the Larue.

I also like how he says the competition has rounded lugs, dual extractors etc. He wants the super thin barrel fluted, then claims the KAC profile barrel that has a completely different gas length and profile is "mil spec". Calls the bolt an "m16" bolt. its not its propriety. Calls a URX rail UBX rail. Says its too heavy and too expensive, recommends LWRC.
Does he actually know anything about guns????

ANYTHING?
View Quote

At one point in time he recommended CCI Blazer 115gr Gold Dot (not sure if they still make that particular load: 115gr GD in aluminum case) as carry ammo because ... it was cheap and he could shoot a lot of it.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I bought a Mod 0 during the panic for around 1600.

He is as good at finding deals as he is at installing gas blocks.
View Quote

Ya, that struck me as odd also.

I've got about what he quoted as the MSRP for his example into my complete rifle.

But I also bought the upper and lower separately (as I had funds) and have much newer SR-15E3 IWS Mod1 upper with the lighter 3.1URX rail. I way over-paid and still got a far newer and upgraded rifle over what he paid for what I assume to be a used rifle.

Is anybody is paying $2200 MSRP on a mod0 anyway? I mean, those are pretty much only available on the used market now right?

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tag for when I have a free 8 hours.
View Quote

You found an edited down version?  Link please.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Youtube should seriously only count it as a view if you watch more than 50% of the video. That would solve this problem quickly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then he'd only have 1 view...
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that guy.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Calls the bolt an "m16" bolt. its not its propriety.
View Quote

E3 totally not worth it brah....no cerekote on it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Calls the bolt an "m16" bolt. its not its propriety.

Nutn would agree.  He'd say its just a convention with a bunch of gaming nerds.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I assume someone told him its not really designed or marketed as an "accurate" rifle.  2moa for something that runs right is fine by me.  not watching 20 minutes of that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock Cerakote
LaRue tampering
Sniper Prime

If you haven't learned by now that you don't get any "content" from Nutnfancy, other than how big of a twat he is, then I feel sorry for you.  He's not a contet creator, he's a bullshit slinger.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Any NUTNFANCY supporter is a certified sadist and/or absolute dolt.  It takes far too long for that squibbly mouthed kook to prattle long enough to get 1 or possibly 2 coherent arguments/facts recorded.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm not a fan of nutnfancy, but I do love nutnfancy threads.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:39:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It was an impersonal attack, perhaps quasi-personal. Shut her down boys.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So you're saying you weren't ass-mad about it? If not, then why insult him at the end of your comment?

"6) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner. "

Being that he didn't specifically state your name, or quote you, or refer to any member specifically, it's not attacking or insulting a person other than Nutnfancy.

You came into the thread and bitched about his comment, which wasn't about anyone specifically other than Nutnfancy. You can make comments in general about people who do things (i.e. "People who split lanes are cunts") and it doesn't fall under the rule.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, not butthurt! The fuck you guy I added in a sarcastic tone but admittedly it can be tough to get sarcasm from the written word. Also I was already in this thread responding to someone else earlier. Not seeing why this is causing such an uproar.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that guy.

The internet = Giving the village idiot/asshole/pedo/know it all cock smoker a megaphone since 1993.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't set up my youtube channel to monetize anything.

I try to keep my vids as short as possible, and try my best not to talk at all.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

theres no proof of that.  That was pure speculation.  No one, and not you got that gun into their hands and actually fixed it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
at any KAC fanboys that laughed when LaRue was the target

ETA:  I own both and think both are awesome.

except this gun works.  Regardless, hes a know it all but actual dumb idiot.

No, it was based on reality.

As RustedAce so eloquently put it

The only actual evidence we have is a picture posted of an incorrectly installed gas block.

Installed exactly the way that would cause the rifle to be under gassed.

I am not a Larue fanboy, in fact quite the opposite, but when the Nutn states a problem, then shows a picture of exactly what would cause the problem I tend to believe my own eyes over his ramblings.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't think nutn gives a shit about subscribers or views. If he did his videos wouldn't be so long and he'd do more of them. I don't get all the hate. He does a lot of shooting. I think his videos are quite repetitive at times but he's better than most of what's on tv and I like his opinions because he's shot so many different kinds of guns. He's a pretty good shot too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Nope, not butthurt! The fuck you guy I added in a sarcastic tone but admittedly it can be tough to get sarcasm from the written word. Also I was already in this thread responding to someone else earlier. Not seeing why this is causing such an uproar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he's a fudd and some people take him seriously.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't think nutn gives a shit about subscribers or views. If he did his videos wouldn't be so long and he'd do more of them. I don't get all the hate. He does a lot of shooting. I think his videos are quite repetitive at times but he's better than most of what's on tv and I like his opinions because he's shot so many different kinds of guns. He's a pretty good shot too.
View Quote

I have seen a lot of movies.  I am now a movie expert.
I have eaten a lot of sandwiches.  I am now a head chef at a Michelin restaurant.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Came here to make a thread about the same thing, but I was beaten. I thought the groups he showed were interesting. 3shot groups for everything, but the Kac? Lots of vertical and horizontal stringing makes me think it was shit ammo and a bad shooter. Not to mention it didn't seem consistent in placement. Personally I think the rifle is more accurate then that, but I wasn't on the rifle when it was being shot so I can't be sure, same way I can't be sure nutn doesn't know how to install a gasblock
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I watched it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lolz at the guys who didn't bother watching....

he liked the gun, thought it was well made, just too expensive.  that is an argument many here in GD make with regards to the "fancy roll mark" rifles.

I watched it.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing he said in the video seems to match up with reality.

I think it would actually be impossible to say more incorrect info in a single video about specs/parts/etc.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

An excellent summation of the Nut'n experience.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think of that clip every time I see an excerpt from one of his "reviews"

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What is the benefit of watching 4 real reviews and then adding one false review full of disinformation, lies, and insanity?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll watch 5 different reviews on a gun from different content creators and generally get some interesting ideas from each.

What is the benefit of watching 4 real reviews and then adding one false review full of disinformation, lies, and insanity?

I think it's important to take reviews in general with a grain of salt. I agree nutn presents tons of stupid and/or wrong information in a lot of his videos. He's all pro shotgun/AK and gets stuff wrong fairly often. He's still ocassionaly capable of putting a good perspective or data out on at least some aspects or products. For instance, I learned some bits about the buffalo bore loads for 10mm from one of his vids. Would I get more/better/more accurate info elsewhere? Yeah, but I still watch bits of his content looking for more data or opinions on some products. Sometimes I learn something, but I get more info from forums.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#49]
His judgement is fucky.

Can't help but wonder if he is:
a) Attention whoring for more ad revenue?
b) Suffering the long-term effects of repeated autoerotic asphyxiation?

I'm not going to give him the click, so I guess I'll never know.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Not clicking, already know what a hare lip looks like.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top