BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah! Penis inspection day! They would make you strip down and take photos. Handle your junk and take measurements. To ensure you were growing right. Stopped around the 6th grade if I remember right. Right when we got the new nurse.
View Quote

Was Jerry Sandusky doing the examination for future reference?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anybody else remember having to strip down to their underwear and parade around the gym in a single file line to be examined by the medicos? Usually the boys went in at one time and the girls another. I only remember this for the first couple years of grade school, then evidently they stopped doing that.

At any rate, I was telling a co worker about it and he didn't believe me. I still remember it seeming a little awkward. Anyone else remember having to do that in grade school?
View Quote

I remember some type of exams back in the mid 70's in grade school. If I remember correctly it was to see if our spine was curved and we never got naked.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

This is because wearing clothes for swimming is inherently stupid
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

School physicals for us were at the doctor's office.

I have heard people in their 50s or older talking about having naked swimming class in high school.  

This is because wearing clothes for swimming is inherently stupid
Yeah.

That's what Joe Biden tells his female Secret Service detail, too.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Went to the Nurse's office in elementary school. Don't recall medical exams after 6th grade.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah that is all I remember.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We went to the nurse's office.  But all I remember them checking for was to see if our spine was straight or if we had lice.

Same here. Everyone knew that the kid that didn't return to class had lice. I remember this one kid who was kept behind every single time, poor kid was picked on relentlessly. I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up on the news, it wouldn't be a shock if he just snapped one day.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Same here. Everyone knew that the kid that didn't return to class had lice. I remember this one kid who was kept behind every single time, poor kid was picked on relentlessly. I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up on the news, it wouldn't be a shock if he just snapped one day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We went to the nurse's office.  But all I remember them checking for was to see if our spine was straight or if we had lice.

I can  remember eye and hearing exams but that is it
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anybody else remember having to strip down to their underwear and parade around the gym in a single file line to be examined by the medicos? Usually the boys went in at one time and the girls another. I only remember this for the first couple years of grade school, then evidently they stopped doing that.

At any rate, I was telling a co worker about it and he didn't believe me. I still remember it seeming a little awkward. Anyone else remember having to do that in grade school?
View Quote

Ahhh... yes, I do remember the 70s.  That shit would NEVER fly these days.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Remember this same exact thing, in the gym, boys on one side, girls on the other. Took place about 1971 or 1972, in eastern Pennsylvania.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No, wtf when was this?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, wtf when was this?  

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#12]
In the mid-60's, I remember getting a polio vaccine at school on a sugar cube.  I also received liquid fluoride treatments in a dentist chair at school in the 60's.  

In the early 70's, they gave us sport physicals in the gym like the OP mentions.

In the early 70's at another school, they had us all go into the gym where they had tables lined up and made everyone brush their teeth with grape flavored sandy feeling fluoride treatment which resulted in mass vomiting.

In the mid to late 70's you went to your own doctor for a sports physical.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:52:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds likes some places still do this while it must be a foreign idea at other places.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:36:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OP, did you have penis inspection day too?
View Quote

Not till he got into the Navy.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:39:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Both of these posts... no fucking way.  

I was a very bad kid when I hit puberty. A mess. I was hell for my Mom. She took me to see a child psychologist when I was 12. I wasn't opposed to it. I knew I was being a problem.

The guy was extremely creepy. And it wasn't five minutes in to talking to him that he asked me if I had hair on my "private places".

What?

Asked if my penis got hard.

WHAT????

I was 12 years old and stood up and walked out of there and gave my Mom an earful on the way to the car about taking me to see a fucking pervert.

Hair on my balls or hardons had nothing to do with the dumb shit I was doing.

Fucking pedophiles can be anywhere. They should all rot in fucking hell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah! Penis inspection day! They would make you strip down and take photos. Handle your junk and take measurements. To ensure you were growing right. Stopped around the 6th grade if I remember right. Right when we got the new nurse.

IIRC, it was in 6 and 7th grades when the new male nurse came to our school, we all got our prostrates checked.

Twice a year IIRC.

Then in 8th grades they didn't do it any more.

I usually cried when they checked mine...

I was a very bad kid when I hit puberty. A mess. I was hell for my Mom. She took me to see a child psychologist when I was 12. I wasn't opposed to it. I knew I was being a problem.

The guy was extremely creepy. And it wasn't five minutes in to talking to him that he asked me if I had hair on my "private places".

What?

WHAT????

I was 12 years old and stood up and walked out of there and gave my Mom an earful on the way to the car about taking me to see a fucking pervert.

Did he ask about Grecian wrestling matches?

Joey.... did you ever hang around a gymnasium?
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:44:25 AM EDT
[#16]
I remember a scoliosis check and vision and hearing test that's about it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC, it was in 6 and 7th grades when the new male nurse came to our school, we all got our prostrates checked.

Twice a year IIRC.

Then in 8th grades they didn't do it any more.

I usually cried when they checked mine...

What?

WHAT????

holy smokes
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#18]
First week of 8th grade in Southern California we had them. We had to go into the lunchroom, get down to our underwear then line up for a gait check and scoliosis check I believe. Maybe we had a perfunctory physical too, say ahh and all that. This was in the mid-70s.

Late 60s-Early 70s in grade school we used to get those red "disclosing tablets" and have to chew them and show the nurse our teeth. She's scold those who weren't brushing properly.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top