Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#1]
OP, not a bad hat.

Take a browse through this archived thread, it'll be of interest to you. There used to be many more pages to it but they seem to have disappeared.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/594939__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Fedoras_and_Vintage_Clothing.html&page=1
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:27:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:46:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

iknowright?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:48:18 AM EDT
[#4]
congrats OP, you are probably now on the list.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 12:49:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I like your swagger, OP.

It's not often you can find a man that can go out into public without caring that he looks completely ridiculous and kinda like a kiddy diddler.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:00:15 AM EDT
[#6]
"Like a torrrrrnado ,girlfriend."
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:07:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:22:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Www.thefedoralounge.com

You will find advice there.
I prefer flat caps.
View Quote

Wow, there is a lot of ghey on that forum:

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 2:20:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I just want to thank you OP.   It was the only good thread in the past 48 hours.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 2:24:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Don Draper wears his like a boss.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 2:57:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What if you want people to know you are a douchebag from a distance and all your Affliction shirts are soiled?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is no reason to wear a fedora. Ever.

What if you want people to know you are a douchebag from a distance and all your Affliction shirts are soiled?

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:24:21 AM EDT
[#12]
You guys are cracking me up. Arfcom can't stand for anyone to crawl out of the basement and go out and do things...and look good doing it.

Here's me wearing another hat...and looking good.

I really need to combine that classy rifle I'm carrying with a wide-brimmed fedora next hunt and post pics. Arfcom's collective head would 'splode.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:32:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Good lord that's goofy looking.

Eta: is it just me, or is that a particularly weird looking fedora? Like its a quarter inch too tall or something?
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing- Goofy looking for sure but the brim looks too short, band too thick, peak too tall.

Dude you really need to rethink things.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:38:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing- Goofy looking for sure but the brim looks too short, band too thick, peak too tall.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eta: is it just me, or is that a particularly weird looking fedora? Like its a quarter inch too tall or something?

I found your bigger brim, shorter crown, and narrower band. You're right. It looks good.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:43:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 6:54:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Op. No.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:04:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I found your bigger brim, shorter crown, and narrower band. You're right. It looks good.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/Powerkicker/a122dafa-befe-4561-b46e-ba9092655474_zpse2qztcft.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/Powerkicker/a122dafa-befe-4561-b46e-ba9092655474_zpse2qztcft.jpg
That actually works,  not sure I'd wear it,  but definitely not neckband.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:07:44 AM EDT
[#18]
OP, are you bald?  Thinning hair?  Its ok....once you get used to being bald you won't feel the need to wear those costume hats.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:07:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You guys are cracking me up. Arfcom can't stand for anyone to crawl out of the basement and go out and do things...and look good doing it.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/Powerkicker/IMG_1257_zps2edcce25.jpg

I really need to combine that classy rifle I'm carrying with a wide-brimmed fedora next hunt and post pics. Arfcom's collective head would 'splode.
View Quote

Be sure to wear lederhosen.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:12:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Go with that...
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:16:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Details on rifle.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:25:58 AM EDT
[#22]
this is not a tag......
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:32:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s440.photobucket.com/user/Powerkicker/media/IMG_1257_zps2edcce25.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/Powerkicker/IMG_1257_zps2edcce25.jpg</a>

View Quote

Are you and JohnBurns brothers?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:34:22 AM EDT
[#24]
I prefer a leather shapeable Stetson.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:44:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I am the only one American and patriotic enough to wear a ushanka...this is a known fact.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/nickforney/C17D25FE-877B-4E21-8405-17FCD26416D1.jpg

fedoras are for people who suck....period
View Quote

You aren't the only one

I wear one in the winter to keep my precious dome warm

Mine is East German though & replaced the commie symbol with an Edelweiss Badge of the Gebirgsjäger

OP to pull off that look, you need to be clean shaven.

Dome and eyebrows wouldn't hurt either

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
  Details on rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Details on rifle.
I'm love that style of rifle. Please give details.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There is no reason to wear a fedora. Ever.
View Quote

What about those times when you're feeling especially ironic?

TC
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sorry, Op but you look like a pedo or a 40 year old virgin. In your defense I couldn't pull off a fedora either.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Needs more bolo
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s440.photobucket.com/user/Powerkicker/media/IMG_1257_zps2edcce25.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq126/Powerkicker/IMG_1257_zps2edcce25.jpg</a>

View Quote

That rifle has a man licker stock and you wear a fedora.  This is not helping your case.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:32:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Needs more bolo
View Quote

Machete or tie?

lol at man licker
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

it's not like a little kid posted up pictures of his puppet show and we're making fun of it

you literally forced us to make fun of you

same as if you held our family dog hostage until we jeered at you

you took a selfie

wearing a hat made of douche and fail

while faux boasting about what a self confident smoothie you are

how can anyone not jeer at that?

it's bio-chemically impossible to not laugh at it

your own mother would be ranking the shit out of you right now if she saw this thread

and now you're starting to whine  

the only tactic left is for you to pretend to join in on the "fun" and laugh along with your tormentors
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The leghumpers are gonna have a stroke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am the only one American and patriotic enough to wear a ushanka...this is a known fact.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/nickforney/C17D25FE-877B-4E21-8405-17FCD26416D1.jpg

fedoras are for people who suck....period

Hot.

see op...silly hats can be cool.

At least your post I can bate to.

The leghumpers are gonna have a stroke.

Ushanka sales just skyrocketed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s45.photobucket.com/user/vcorpscommander/media/432AFE5C-2572-4EEF-9D1C-19B41933565D_zps6dk50qap.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/vcorpscommander/432AFE5C-2572-4EEF-9D1C-19B41933565D_zps6dk50qap.jpg</a>

Don Draper wears his like a boss.
View Quote

That's Dick Whitman...
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Op, any chance you have a kilt? That fedora would look really good with a kilt. No seriously... Go get a kilt and post pics with the fedora. It'll make my day.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Op, any chance you have a kilt? That fedora would look really good with a kilt. No seriously... Go get a kilt and post pics with the fedora. It'll make my day.
View Quote

5-finger shoes really sell the look, if you're gonna go whole hog.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Does your boyfriend like it ? That's all that matters OP !
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Sorry OP, those hats look corny today. There was a time, along, long time ago but it's not coming back. I'd have hard time taking someone serious if they were wearing one.
View Quote

I have a hard time taking someone seriously that wears a little boy ballcap in any position. Fedora bashers are simply immature white trash rednecks with no class or sense of style or a pair of dropped nuts. I have nothing but pure contempt for you little whiney cunts, and that goes double for the two tuetonic twat waffles that posted here as well.  'My Grandafather was right, ballcaps and beer are for little boys, fedoras and liquor for men. Now you can all go fuck yourselves with a cactus.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I have a hard time taking someone seriously that wears a little boy ballcap in any position. Fedora bashers are simply immature white trash rednecks with no class or sense of style or a pair of dropped nuts. I have nothing but pure contempt for you little whiney cunts, and that goes double for the two tuetonic twat waffles that posted here as well.  'My Grandafather was right, ballcaps and beer are for little boys, fedoras and liquor for men. Now you can all go fuck yourselves with a cactus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry OP, those hats look corny today. There was a time, along, long time ago but it's not coming back. I'd have hard time taking someone serious if they were wearing one.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Update? What did they say when you took the fedora back? Did they give you a refund?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sweet rifle.  Don't sweat the naysayers, OP.   Only a real man can go out hunting deer with a jacket pocket full of movie theater candy and actually bag one.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/JUVOgPzXm7g

Funny part is that isn't a fedora.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/JUVOgPzXm7g

We know, but don't tell him that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

Kind of like his "what car for a mid management..." thread. Still he is light years ahead of the average troll we see today. I give him a gold star.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are a good looking man.

Ditch the Fedora.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a classy way to make your point. Reads like something Cary Grant would have said.

Please accept this meme as a token of my admiration for your old timey wisdom:

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Grumpy Cat No.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top