Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
And you can't go over a speed bump.  My Jeep would hit a pothole at 80 and then crush your car and I couldn't tell the difference between the two events.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am an Area Quality Manager for one of the largest construction companies in the U.S.

I also am the resident Mechanical, Electrical Commissioning corporate manager for the company.  Age 38, my house was designed, built and completely paid off by me, my girlfriend is gorgeous and yes I will take your lunch money if you get close enough.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Niceeeeeeeeeee. You one bad motha fucka.

What do you do for a living? Just curious.

I am an Area Quality Manager for one of the largest construction companies in the U.S.

I also am the resident Mechanical, Electrical Commissioning corporate manager for the company.  Age 38, my house was designed, built and completely paid off by me, my girlfriend is gorgeous and yes I will take your lunch money if you get close enough.

Kids?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Kids?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kids?

He doesn't know yet that his gf is preggo and wants to get married, move into a house SHE wants, and get a more "sensible" car for the baby.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
This is way better than the other guy who whines about having too much money in the bank.  At least theres cool pictures to look at.

To the op, please don't turn into one other those corvette owners who always wears a piece of corvette apparel and has replaced the word "car" with "corvette"

Most corvette guys are as bad as Harley guys.  It becomes a lifestyle instead of a mode of transportation.  

That being  said, good job op, and very cool car.  Don't listen to the guys talking trash about the color.  White is the new black for cars!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Never seen trees like that up here in Alaska
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And you can't go over a speed bump.  My Jeep would hit a pothole at 80 and then crush your carafter the death wobble insued seizure causes me to rollover end over end and I couldn't tell the difference between the two events.

View Quote

fixt.

this is coming from a C6 owner as well as a former JK owner...and I will own a jeep again some day.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:11:53 PM EDT
[#7]
money spent on a vette buys you a whole lot of car

performance wise, vettes are one of the best values

I don't see what the big deal is about paying 90k for a car, that's caddy escalade level

the average escalade driver has a household income of $178,222

that works out to 2 people making $89k a year each

that's probably huge money for AK but here in the NE that's average-ish for members of the oppressive white patriarchy (that oppresses everyone!)

I definitely would absolutely not buy an escalade for 90k, that's one of those retarded throw-your-money-away deals, like buying a $500 toothbrush

but the super-vette is something I might be tempted by

if you're going to spend a giant shitpile of money on a car, get a performance car not a luxury car

the OP would have served himself better by being more modest

don't compress all your boasting into one thread

and don't ask people or tell people how much you paid for a luxury, it's tacky
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You work for a construction company and bought a car?  What you gonna do when they send you on Home Depot runs?
View Quote

I don't actually do physical work
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Kids?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kids?

My girl friend has kids, I never had any myself.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You work for a construction company and bought a car?  What you gonna do when they send you on Home Depot runs?

Are you ever going to respond to the question regarding the palm trees in the pictures?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

fixt.

this is coming from a C6 owner as well as a former JK owner...and I will own a jeep again some day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And you can't go over a speed bump.  My Jeep would hit a pothole at 80 and then crush your carafter the death wobble insued seizure causes me to rollover end over end and I couldn't tell the difference between the two events.

fixt.

yep, have owned 5 jeeps
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Are you ever going to respond to the question regarding the palm trees in the pictures?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't actually purchase the car in Alaska, none of the dealerships had the package I wanted
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I didn't actually purchase the car in Alaska, none of the dealerships had the package I wanted
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which dealer did they get it from?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Let's see, you're 38.... yeah that's old enough.  OP will you adopt me?  
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Let's see, you're 38.... yeah that's old enough.  OP will you adopt me?  
View Quote

Why is everyone asking me that all of a sudden

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Is this your wallet?

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#17]
You got an Angoon zipcode? Drive to Hood Bay cousin?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can have my lunch money for a ride in that beast!

Speed
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Grrrrr. Absolutely, positively Grrrrrrrr.

Very nice. I live about 70 miles north of the Corvette plant and see the car haulers loaded with the new covered Vettes every few days or so. Always brings a smile to my face.

Enjoy.

BK
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is this your wallet?

http://i62.tinypic.com/ezmj3b.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Very nice, use it well.

If I were to get another sports car, would prob lean toward getting another Viper at that $ point.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Man I am sorry, but the new body style looks GAY compared to the previous.
View Quote

See, I'm in the opposite camp. I pretty much despise corvettes, but these ones... pure fucking sex.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:28:46 PM EDT
[#23]
you should take another pic of the car, but this time, with you holding a piece of paper out with your username..

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

See, I'm in the opposite camp. I pretty much despise corvettes, but these ones... pure fucking sex.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man I am sorry, but the new body style looks GAY compared to the previous.

I never despised them but the new ones are by far the best looking they have made IMO. The only thing I don't like is the exhaust. Never cared for center exhaust, especially not four pipes. Other than that....
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#25]
So you are bragging because you got the cheapest car in its class?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Very nice, use it well.

If I were to get another sports car, would prob lean toward getting another Viper at that $ point.

View Quote

Well if you want a slower car it does look nice, for that second kind of cool factor
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:37:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So you are bragging because you got the cheapest car in its class?
View Quote

Oh FU%K yes I am, and some day junior, you will understand what that's all about.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:38:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Despise may be too harsh, but they are pure fucking sex. I was headed to Des Moines one Sunday, look in my mirror, wtf is that? A new vette. Not 30 seconds later, a new mustang. I was hoping they would let er rip, they didn't... They're both sexy imo.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Well if you want a slower car it does look nice, for that second kind of cool factor
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very nice, use it well.

I've seen track guys in N/A Miatas smoke modded vettes/ lambos etc. on street courses....  YOUR car is only capable of how you can drive it.... Unless you let someone else drive it and you are watching from the sidelines.

Which dealer did they order it from I ask again?
Also any mods planned?  
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#30]
I dare you to drive it from wherever you bought it to AK... in the fall.

Post before and after pics
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I've seen track guys in N/A Miatas smoke modded vettes/ lambos etc. on street courses....  YOUR car is only capable of how you can drive it.... Unless you let someone else drive it and you are watching from the sidelines.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very nice, use it well.

Does it really matter which dealer I ordered it from? All I can tell you is that I didn't pay a penny over MSRP and most dealers in the U.S. want 5-15k over MSRP
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I dare you to drive it from wherever you bought it to AK... in the fall.

Post before and after pics
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#33]
nice ride, have fun

and fuck the haters
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
nice ride, have fun

and fuck the haters
View Quote

I could give a fuck less about the haters, they don't drive new Z06's

But thank's for the kind words bro
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:45:49 PM EDT
[#35]
I believe a congratulations is in order.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Be safe OP. I don't want to see you or that car wrapped around a moose.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:49:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Also any mods planned?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very nice, use it well.

Also any mods planned?  

at 2.9 seconds the car is so unbelievably fast I'll probably keep it for 5 years without modding it and get whatever the best car is for the money in 5 years that beats it, a warranty is a beautiful thing and this is a weekend only car for me so it will get less than 6k miles a year.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:50:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So is it CB&I, Bechtel, Kiewit, Technip or Flour? IM me I am also a Quality Manager with expensive shit lol
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So is it CB&I, Bechtel, Kiewit, Technip or Flour? IM me I am also a Quality Manager with expensive shit lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#40]
OP has a small dick.....
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Another video for my GD friends :
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:52:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Any of those?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:53:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Just turned 50 and your dick quit working, huh?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Schooling is not a factor, I went to college and got my degree but I believe that personnel drive and the ability to work hard trumps all other factors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is one bad-ass car, OP. What school did you to? Some top-tier university? Or a state college?

Schooling is not a factor, I went to college and got my degree but I believe that personnel drive and the ability to work hard trumps all other factors.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Only a person with a lotta dinero would give such an answer. You must be making some good scratch, OP. Kudos to you and, once again, awesome car!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I take it you get major bonuses for job performance and you're probably in the 200-300k a year ballpark?

At the end of the day a car is just a thing that gets you from point A to point B, Money is just an idea used by those that would control you.

Only a person with a lotta dinero would give such an answer. You must be making some good scratch, OP. Kudos to you and, once again, awesome car!

Money is like oxygen, or sex.  It's not really that important until you don't have enough of it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:59:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just turned 50 38 and your dick quit working have a big dick, huh?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is one bad-ass car, OP. What school did you to? Some top-tier university? Or a state college?

Guys, I have to apologize, but this guy is an "actual" 13er.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Thank Jesus.

Now you can stop making threads about which car to buy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Very nice, use it well.

Stop....Viper beats Z06, then Z06 beats Viper.

Whatever, Viper is fast enough for me, more exclusive, I think it looks better, and no overheat issues.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Thank Jesus.

Now you can stop making threads about which car to buy.
View Quote

Guys, I have to apologize, but this guy is an "actual" 13er.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top