Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/21/2015 9:57:41 PM EDT
I'm sure there is a thread somewhere around about it. Please feel free to link.

I work in a gun store and guns and ammo are sky rocketing right now. More and more people coming in are talking about a financial collapse coming towards the end of September.

Any weight to this or just yet another tin foil hat conspiracy theory?

**ETA** As a gun salesman.... I don't mind all the conspiracy theories... business is GOOD.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Something about the moon....
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been hearing this Blood Moon, China Stock Market, US FED raises interest rates gloom and doom for a few months now.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone here started a similar thread yesterday, talking about how many people think some sort of calamity is coming in September. Other than this thread and that one, I haven't heard a peep about any of this.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

and that big rock hurdling towards us right?

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:01:02 PM EDT
[#5]
please let it happen
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Someone here started a similar thread yesterday, talking about how many people think some sort of calamity is coming in September. Other than this thread and that one, I haven't heard a peep about any of this.
View Quote

I don't post as much as I used to due to the job change... so I wasn't sure if anyone started a 261616327327623 page long thread about it. Just seems to me with the amount of people that are emptying their stock market accounts and buying guns/ammo/food/water with them..... then surely there must be something going on.

Guess I'm not plugged in enough to get the scoop.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Hammer Fall?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been hearing this Blood Moon, China Stock Market, US FED raises interest rates gloom and doom for a few months now.
View Quote

Same.

I wrote it off as Alex Jones, Truther-tier shit (which, of course means it'll happen, just to spite me )
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Yeah.. I never once believed the "death from above" claims as NASA came out immediately stating there is nothing of size heading towards us.

While I know there is nothing coming at us as they have no reason to lie... but it also got me thinking if something was coming at is... I wonder if they would really tell us? can you imagine the mass riots if people found out they won't be alive in a month?

LET ME STATE THAT I DO NOT BELIEVE WE WILL BE HIT ANYTIME SOON. Just thought i'd add in the last bit as something to think about. I couldn't imagine what would happen if such a thing was a released.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Well,, if you be wise,,, have some beans, band-aids, bullets put back,,, just saying......
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well,, if you be wise,,, have some beans, band-aids, bullets put back,,, just saying......
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I am not sure anything will happen,  I do find it interesting that people try not to get caught without anything now,  I think Katrina opened up lots of eyes,  people had no guns no food nothing and everyone watched.  It sucks because its hard for regular shooters to stay stocked but its good for when the zombies come lots of homes will have extra ammo,

The dow took a shit friday wonder if its just the start of it going in the toilet
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:00:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be respectful, it's Planet X
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#18]
It will be bigger than Y2K. I am digging a deep bunker under my septic tank . I will be ready for anything
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Blue moon, Fall equinox, Fed rate increase, and the military takeover preparations code named Jade Helm is completed all at the same time.  

Grab the wimmenz and chillenz and head for da hills!!

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hammer Fall?
View Quote

I C wot U did there.

It's supposed to be the super shemitah year.  The great cleansing.  Oh the noes!
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Hearing more and more people talking about things coming. More people saying, buying, and doing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Man I hope so!... Ever since Y2k ,a few folks on here get my hopes up on the poo-poo hitting the fan... And nothing happens!

I'm ready to get my warlord on!

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I work in a gun store and guns and ammo are sky rocketing right now. More and more people coming in are talking about a financial collapse coming towards the end of September.

**ETA** As a gun salesman.... I don't mind all the conspiracy theories... business is GOOD.
View Quote

I also work at a gun store and haven't sold an AR in 6 weeks if not more, business is slow not only in the store but at local shows. No signs of anything big coming in my area.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Are we talking about the Doomsday Clock?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I also work at a gun store and haven't sold an AR in 6 weeks if not more, business is slow not only in the store but at local shows. No signs of anything big coming in my area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Odd. Maybe it's just a Mississippi thing.

I've got a few buddies that work at other gun stores in the area and their business is booming as well
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Shemitah
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Figures. I would win something in the team giveaway and the world ends with my goodies in a ups truck.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Videos all over YouTube, but of course most have to be taken with a grain of salt.

I for one hope so. Get me outta Walmaaaaaaaart.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Everyone was supposed to die in 2012 because "Mayans"
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I look forward to the apocalypse.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#31]
My sister asked me about this yesterday. I haven't heard about it till then and I never saw a thread about it so I just blew it off as her being crazy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll trade short term roller coaster sales for longterm steady sales.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:59:43 PM EDT
[#33]
When it comes to human behavior there is nothing new under the sun.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Pope's coming to America in Sept to meet with Satan, I mean Obama, then the Pope will head to the Capital and address a joint session of Congress for the first time ever.

No good can come of this
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#35]
There are hand written signs popping up near here saying buy food and water for Sept. 11th.  

Thought it was weird.    Local news was commenting on it.  Apparently, it's fairly wide spread.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#36]
I really don't give a fuck anymore. I have everything I need or want and don't worry about it. If "it" happens then I will make the best of whatever "it" is.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Something better happen, or i bought all these MREs and playboy magazines for nothing
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hammer Fall?
View Quote

Hamner that is.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Nah, it's all tinfoil, nonsense Y2K, crazy shit.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2015/07/september-2015-convergence-is-there-any-connection-among-the-events-3192814.html

Or it's the wrath of God.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Figures. I would win something in the team giveaway and the world ends with my goodies in a ups truck.
View Quote

Don't feel bad... I've got a G-Code INCOG holser and a new gun belt on the way.... doubt either will arrive in time.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#41]
holy shit, haven't seen you post in GD for a while
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:16:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Everyone was supposed to die in 2012 because "Mayans"
View Quote

Yeah... see if it was claims like that.... I wouldn't be worried at all.

It's just with all the people that I deal with that have emptied their stocks off the stock market and are buying guns/ammo/shelf life food/etc with the money. It really makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:18:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I am shocked and amazed each day I wake to find electricity and the internet still working.
View Quote

Thank you Mark, I needed a new sig line.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
holy shit, haven't seen you post in GD for a while
View Quote

i took a long break

been honing my Bushcraft skills. I've got fire by friction down to an art..... and if all these September claims are true.... I'm glad with what i've done with my time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am shocked and amazed each day I wake to find electricity and the internet still working.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DAMN! You beat me to it.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:10:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, we have gotten a bit more business lately but it's still pretty slow.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:18:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

It has just as much validity as every OTHER "end of the world" claim over the centuries.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I really don't give a fuck anymore. I have everything I need or want and don't worry about it. If "it" happens then I will make the best of whatever "it" is.
View Quote

This.   If it's not September, it'll be some calamity at some other time.  Best to prep as best you can without obsessing, live each day, and if something happens, work with what ya got and with who you have in your life.   What else can you do?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:21:35 PM EDT
[#50]
World already ended in 2012 and 2000.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top