BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 38
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We are in accord on that point, only differing in that I include Trump in that list.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I voted for McCain.

I'll never compromise myself to that extent again by voting for another  pure GOPe turd like that again.

We are in accord on that point, only differing in that I include Trump in that list.

And I respect you for refusing to totally compromise your beliefs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well!

If Trump gets the nomination against Biden...

I'm going back in my basement and not gonna vote.

So what if Biden gets elected, I really like the way he makes guns with his fingers...  

That'll show them!

[Maybe they will let us point with OUR fingers---

After they take our guns]

View Quote

You can vote for the likes of Chris Christie if it comes down to it but I simply cannot.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#3]
The Logical Stupidity and Childish Emotion from folks who seem to want to keep their Freedoms...

Is nothing short of -AMAZING!

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If Bush, Christie, Kasich or Rubio get the republican nomination I intend on voting against republicans from top to bottom of the ballot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the event Jeb Bush or some other RINO sack of shit should somehow snag the Republican Nomination, I've got a couple of good guesses as to who here will be admonishing us all to the effect that WE MUST VOTE FOR HIM...OR ELSE...

If Bush, Christie, Kasich or Rubio get the republican nomination I intend on voting against republicans from top to bottom of the ballot.

I'm with you. I'm sick of this shit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Logical Stupidity and Childish Emotion from folks who seem to want to keep their Freedoms...

View Quote

You can vote for the likes of this turd if you choose.......to keep our freedoms.

Or perhaps you prefer a dynastic form of government and could stomach voting for Jeb Bush.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I take it your just going to toe the line and take whatever the GOP thinks America needs?
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I voted for McCain.

I'll never compromise myself to that extent again by voting for another  pure GOPe turd like that again.

It's hard because I'm one of those "voting is a solemn civic duty" types. I have voted against opposing candidates for too many cycles. This time I am reminding myself that it is not incumbent on me to give my vote, it is incumbent on them to earn it. If the GOP wants my vote they will need to run a candidate I can support. That candidate need not be perfect.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You can vote for the likes of this turd if you choose.......to keep our freedoms.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcYM9l9oeQ2hbVAf5tGYXaT6GxvVcV_0mnm3l9iV7oT5ernlGuy4Ae2OQsYQ

Or perhaps you prefer a dynastic form of government and could stomach voting for Jeb Bush.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcYM9l9oeQ2hbVAf5tGYXaT6GxvVcV_0mnm3l9iV7oT5ernlGuy4Ae2OQsYQ

Oh Barf.

Vs. an Obama, then possibly...

Sort of like getting your hand caught on a cliff, when your only choice is to whip out your knife and cut it off...

Or DIE.

Easy logical choice!

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Oh Barf.

Sort of like getting your hand caught on a cliff, when your only choice is to whip out your knife and cut it off...

Or DIE.

Easy logical choice!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh Barf.

Or DIE.

Easy logical choice!

http://youtu.be/rMMHUzm22oE?t=4m45s

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The crowd at The US Open is a bunch of ultra liberal NYC elites; no wonder they hate Trump as much as you do.....if his popularity with that crowd increased I'd be worried rather than pleased.
View Quote

If they are "ultra liberal NYC elites," what does that make Trump?  A one-time ultra liberal, now ultra-Moderate NYC elite?

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

zactly....I'm suprised ol' Hiram actually admitted they are who they are....

I'd be interested to see his reception at a Steelers game...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The crowd at The US Open is a bunch of ultra liberal NYC elites; no wonder they hate Trump as much as you do.....if his popularity with that crowd increased I'd be worried rather than pleased.

They might cheer for him at a Steeler's game, but everybody knows that Steelers fans are susceptible to being deceived... They always thought they were better than the Cowboys, America's Team.

New Yorkers know Trump for the con artist that he is, we've had more exposure to his bullshit and see him for what he is.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It is important.  Especially on the big social media sites, which Arfcom is not.

I laugh every time someone thinks they're changing minds and votes on Arf.  Here's a fun way to gauge how effective all our talk about this stuff is:  How many people, in the 18 pages and past month of this thread have posted that they've changed their mind?  I can't think of a single example, so it sure seems like a big waste of time and effort to pay shills around here.  If the "professional shills" are working on commission they're eating Ramen this month, for sure.  

As far as I can tell, the same people who thought Trump was "the real deal" 18 pages and a month ago still think it.  Same people who think he's a RINO flake who won't win the nomination still think it.  

Here's the thing more people should realize:  With the exception of a few fairly noticeable trolls, the guys posting in political threads on here aren't doing so because they're shills or the enemy.  We're all gun owners who have different opinions about the politics of the day, and in my opinion it makes you look fucking stupid when you accuse long time members of being a planted agent of "the opposition", especially when it's someone who supports a different Republican than you do.  Some guys here have politics that make me go , but it doesn't mean they're agents of the Democrats or the enemy, just means they're obviously stupid for having an opinion different than my own.  

Hiram has gotten attacked a lot in this thread as some kind of agent provocateur, because like me he's skeptical of Trump's conservatism and chances of winning the nomination.   But I guess it's easier to go with "it's a conspiracy and the elites are out to get us on GD with planted shills" than to have any actual discussion about the issues or the candidates.    Oh well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You've never run a political campaign.

Although any particular social media site may be inconsequential; lump enough of them together and they do mean something.

And political converts talk to friends and family.

Reshaping public opinion via social media is an important angle these days.

It is important.  Especially on the big social media sites, which Arfcom is not.

I laugh every time someone thinks they're changing minds and votes on Arf.  Here's a fun way to gauge how effective all our talk about this stuff is:  How many people, in the 18 pages and past month of this thread have posted that they've changed their mind?  I can't think of a single example, so it sure seems like a big waste of time and effort to pay shills around here.  If the "professional shills" are working on commission they're eating Ramen this month, for sure.  

As far as I can tell, the same people who thought Trump was "the real deal" 18 pages and a month ago still think it.  Same people who think he's a RINO flake who won't win the nomination still think it.  

Here's the thing more people should realize:  With the exception of a few fairly noticeable trolls, the guys posting in political threads on here aren't doing so because they're shills or the enemy.  We're all gun owners who have different opinions about the politics of the day, and in my opinion it makes you look fucking stupid when you accuse long time members of being a planted agent of "the opposition", especially when it's someone who supports a different Republican than you do.  Some guys here have politics that make me go , but it doesn't mean they're agents of the Democrats or the enemy, just means they're obviously stupid for having an opinion different than my own.  

Hiram has gotten attacked a lot in this thread as some kind of agent provocateur, because like me he's skeptical of Trump's conservatism and chances of winning the nomination.   But I guess it's easier to go with "it's a conspiracy and the elites are out to get us on GD with planted shills" than to have any actual discussion about the issues or the candidates.    Oh well.

They're onto me man... Jeb Bush put me here like 16 years ago when nobody knew what this board was. He bought me a life membership to earn me some cred, and like a sleeper cell, I've been waiting for 16 years to get my marching orders. I was here first to support his brother, ultimately setting the stage for Jeb. It's a long-term strategy, but I think it is paying off! If only they hadn't figured it all out. Drats!

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't fault Hiram or the other NY/NE crowd....you have to understand that they are in what amounts to "Vichy' territory at best if not occupied territory outright...

They are defeated...whipped...and for quite some time now.    They have forgotten what freedom tastes like,  and thats even if they've been around long enough to even have a bite.

So the thought of such radical change resulting in more freedoms restored is just strange,  and it scares them...much like a convict that has spent 30yrs in the pen is scared to death at the prospect of his new found freedoms and is considering doing anything to keep the States boot on his neck so he can sleep soundly at night just as he has been conditioned to...

View Quote

You know, so far we've been pretty civil, but get bent. I've done more to fight for conservatism than you will EVER know, and yes I've done it from occupied territory. Defeated and whipped? I don't know who the fuck you're talking about. It's shitstain "republicans" like Trump that have sold out any chance for freedom in this state. Turncoats like Trump, and Skelos, and the other "republicans" that cave at any turn to Cuomo and Spitzer and Silver. Guess what, there are shitstain republicans like that from Kentucky, and Arizona, and the Carolinas, Florida, and Ohio as well. Here's the difference, in New York we are outnumbered, outnumbered to the point we will likely never win... But we keep trying. What's the excuse for these so called "free states" that have the numbers to actually put conservatives in office but keep giving us McConnell, Boehner, McCain, Graham, Jeb, etc?

I'd rather stand shoulder to shoulder with the few conservatives in New York who fight, knowing they will eventually lose, than a bunch of conservatives who actually have the numbers but still manage to lose time and time again.

I'll take the snide shill remarks, but your comments are over the fucking line.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You know, so far we've been pretty civil, but get bent. I've done more to fight for conservatism than you will EVER know, and yes I've done it from occupied territory. Defeated and whipped? I don't know who the fuck you're talking about. It's shitstain "republicans" like Trump that have sold out any chance for freedom in this state. Turncoats like Trump, and Skelos, and the other "republicans" that cave at any turn to Cuomo and Spitzer and Silver. Guess what, there are shitstain republicans like that from Kentucky, and Arizona, and the Carolinas, Florida, and Ohio as well. Here's the difference, in New York we are outnumbered, outnumbered to the point we will likely never win... But we keep trying. What's the excuse for these so called "free states" that have the numbers to actually put conservatives in office but keep giving us McConnell, Boehner, McCain, Graham, Jeb, etc?

I'd rather stand shoulder to shoulder with the few conservatives in New York who fight, knowing they will eventually lose, than a bunch of conservatives who actually have the numbers but still manage to lose time and time again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't fault Hiram or the other NY/NE crowd....you have to understand that they are in what amounts to "Vichy' territory at best if not occupied territory outright...

They are defeated...whipped...and for quite some time now.    They have forgotten what freedom tastes like,  and thats even if they've been around long enough to even have a bite.

So the thought of such radical change resulting in more freedoms restored is just strange,  and it scares them...much like a convict that has spent 30yrs in the pen is scared to death at the prospect of his new found freedoms and is considering doing anything to keep the States boot on his neck so he can sleep soundly at night just as he has been conditioned to...

You mention KY in your diatribe.

Please inform me of how, exactly, KY was to get rid of McConnell without 1- losing the major PR and psychological battle of voting out of office their own sitting SMJ and 2- losing the seat to a Dem who would quite possibly occupy it for decades? These 2 items, had they come to pass, could have quite possibly left us with a D controlled senate.

Let's hear your "inside baseball" strategy for that little conundrum.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Please inform me of how, exactly, KY was to get rid of McConnell without 1- losing the major PR and psychological battle of voting out of office their own sitting SMJ and 2- losing the seat to a Dem who would quite possibly occupy it for decades? These 2 items, had they come to pass, could have quite possibly left us with a D controlled senate.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a clue, he's acting like a fucking liberal democrat anyway, rolling over and offering his asshole for Obama's use. Maybe you all should have recognized him for what he was years ago and not kept returning him to office. He's been there since 1985! Maybe you should have nipped that shit in the butt when he was a whore as MINORITY leader. Chuck Schumer is a shitstain liberal, from a state full of shitstain liberals. I expect Schumer to act like a shitstain liberal. Kentucky is supposed to be full of conservatives, so why do they have this liberal/moderate RINO whore representing them and fucking us all over? He wasn't the fucking majority leader until THIS year... He's been there for THIRTY years. You had time enough to do the math and fix the problem.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Here's a clue, he's acting like a fucking liberal democrat anyway, rolling over and offering his asshole for Obama's use. Maybe you all should have recognized him for what he was years ago and not kept returning him to office. He's been there since 1985! Maybe you should have nipped that shit in the butt when he was a whore as MINORITY leader. Chuck Schumer is a shitstain liberal, from a state full of shitstain liberals. I expect Schumer to act like a shitstain liberal. Kentucky is supposed to be full of conservatives, so why do they have this liberal/moderate RINO whore representing them and fucking us all over? He wasn't the fucking majority leader until THIS year... He's been there for THIRTY years. You had time enough to do the math and fix the problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhhh, the old time machine strategy.

If we're going that route, perhaps we set the dials a little further back and the destination to NY. Or has NY always been a bastion of "shitstain liberals"?

Poor strawman anyway.

KY did the best they could do for themselves and the country as a whole given the situation at the time.

ETA

While Mitch hasn't exactly set the world on fire, he operates under a much different set of rules than the Speaker and you of all people should know this.

He, unlike the Ds, also has a few cunts (I use the term both figuratively and literally) in his caucus that will cross the aisle and help those motherfuckers at the most inopportune times.

Need I remind you of the time(s) when O care could have been stopped? Nah, I'm sure you remember. Right?

Maybe we could gas up the ol time machine and just tour the entire northeast?

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#18]
If McConnell is the best you can do for the country... Please stop trying!

How long has New York been a liberal shithole? Well how long has the state been dominated by New York City and Albany? There is your answer. Remember FDR was fucking up New York State with his socialist bullshit before he was fucking up the entire country. We had the first pistol permits thanks to the Sullivan Act. New York has been good and fucked up for a century. McConnell and Boehner are hellbent on making that a reality nationwide. New York was a lost cause before I was born, not much I can do to change the past, but we're trying despite the odds to change the future - we will no doubt fail. You hail from a conservative state with a GOP enrollment advantage, and in your words McConnell is the best you can do.

Bravo boys, bravo!
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:43:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How long has New York been a liberal shithole? Well how long has the state been dominated by New York City and Albany? There is your answer. Remember FDR was fucking up New York State with his socialist bullshit before he was fucking up the entire country. We had the first pistol permits thanks to the Sullivan Act. New York has been good and fucked up for a century. McConnell and Boehner are hellbent on making that a reality nationwide. New York was a lost cause before I was born, not much I can do to change the past, but we're trying despite the odds to change the future - we will no doubt fail. You hail from a conservative state with a GOP enrollment advantage, and in your words McConnell is the best you can do.

Bravo boys, bravo!
View Quote

Well, I would think with your exceedingly large electoral college "contribution" that a better effort would have been put forth long ago to right the ship up there if not for yourselves, then maybe for the country as a whole.

Also, see my ETA above for further response.

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:48:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Bravo boys, bravo!
View Quote

I work with a team of about a dozen upstate NY residents.  While Hillbilly's description of you may not be accurate, he is 100% accurate in terms of my anecdotal experience with my NY co-workers.  They claim to be pro-2A, but they think I'm a freak for owning an AR15.  Upstate NY is a lot more blue than just Albany.

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:51:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I work with a team of about a dozen upstate NY residents.  While Hillbilly's description of you may not be accurate, he is 100% accurate in terms of my anecdotal experience with my NY co-workers.  They claim to be pro-2A, but they think I'm a freak for owning an AR15.  Upstate NY is a lot more blue than just Albany.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/36/2012_Presidential_Election%E2%80%94Margins_NY.svg/440px-2012_Presidential_Election%E2%80%94Margins_NY.svg.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bravo boys, bravo!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/36/2012_Presidential_Election%E2%80%94Margins_NY.svg/440px-2012_Presidential_Election%E2%80%94Margins_NY.svg.png

Point of order sir, I made no description of anyone. I merely quoted HRs own term.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:52:13 PM EDT
[#22]
McConnell and Boehner both have a history of punishing conservatives in their caucuses. I can't believe you are defending him.

This "everybody is a bum BUT my guy" mentality is why this country is fucked up. McConnell is an absolute shitstain and the good conservatives of Kentucky keep putting him back there because it's more important to have senior representation for Kentucky than it is to have constitutionally respectful representation. He might be a liberal douche, but he's MY liberal douche with swagger... Amiright?

Lame.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:54:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bravo boys, bravo!

Hillbilly said nothing untoward or unkind about me, I have no issue with what he said. My issue was with another poster.

I own lots of rifles that are not politically correct... Which is why I'm here.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:02:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
McConnell and Boehner both have a history of punishing conservatives in their caucuses. I can't believe you are defending him.

This "everybody is a bum BUT my guy" mentality is why this country is fucked up. McConnell is an absolute shitstain and the good conservatives of Kentucky keep putting him back there because it's more important to have senior representation for Kentucky than it is to have constitutionally respectful representation. He might be a liberal douche, but he's MY liberal douche with swagger... Amiright?

Lame.
View Quote

I won't defend him from legitimate charges and there are some but you of all people should know the circumstances he is operating under.

When he needs kicked in the nuts, he gets it but the fact that he stayed this last election was the best possible outcome for everybody.

He's a deeply entrenched member of R leadership as well as a charter member of the good ol boys club and you don't just send some nobody up against that type and expect rainbows and unicorn farts that smell like roses.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:06:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hillbilly said nothing untoward or unkind about me, I have no issue with what he said. My issue was with another poster.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bravo boys, bravo!

My mistake, the following is the quote that I was agreeing with regarding my upstate NY co-workers:
Quoted:

They are defeated...whipped...and for quite some time now. They have forgotten what freedom tastes like, and thats even if they've been around long enough to even have a bite.

So the thought of such radical change resulting in more freedoms restored is just strange, and it scares them...much like a convict that has spent 30yrs in the pen is scared to death at the prospect of his new found freedoms and is considering doing anything to keep the States boot on his neck so he can sleep soundly at night just as he has been conditioned to...

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:15:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

My mistake, the following is the quote that I was agreeing with regarding my upstate NY co-workers:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bravo boys, bravo!

Quoted:

They are defeated...whipped...and for quite some time now. They have forgotten what freedom tastes like, and thats even if they've been around long enough to even have a bite.

So the thought of such radical change resulting in more freedoms restored is just strange, and it scares them...much like a convict that has spent 30yrs in the pen is scared to death at the prospect of his new found freedoms and is considering doing anything to keep the States boot on his neck so he can sleep soundly at night just as he has been conditioned to...

Look at the number of people who registered under SAFE... Most were cops required to by their department. There are several million "assault weapons" in New York according to the SAFE Act definitions, and several thousand were registered. That sure sounds like resisting to me. Are there a lot of whipped people in New York? Absolutely. Are there tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, resisting Cuomo's tyranny? You bet your ass there are! Any insinuation that somebody is whipped simply because they are from New York is pure, unadulterated bullshit. Like I said, there are plenty of supposed conservatives, from supposedly conservative states, who keep returning blatant liberal republicans to DC because its expeditious and beneficial for thir state, consequences for the nation be damned. I'd consider those people just as defeated and whipped, if not more so, because they actually have the numbers on thir side to effect change - but they CHOOSE not to.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:27:14 AM EDT
[#27]
The SAFE Act has been brought to you compliments of the 1 party NYS political system.

A system that I don't want to see go national.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:35:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The SAFE Act has been brought to you compliments of the 1 party NYS political system.

View Quote

Me neither, which is why we don't need a pseudo conservative, gun grabber like Trump fronting the GOP... Everything you HATE about NY politics is embodied in the Donald.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:41:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Me neither, which is why we don't need a pseudo conservative, gun grabber like Trump fronting the GOP... Everything you HATE about NY politics is embodied in the Donald.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have stated before that I doubt he winds up the nominee and I have a sneaking suspicion that this last crack about Fiorina will start wearing thin on people and this next debate might be a tipping point for Trump.

We shall see.

I for one, intend to sit back and enjoy the show.    
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:43:45 AM EDT
[#30]
The jabs about what one state or another can/should/isn't doing to help the conservative cause reminded me of a soap box of mine.

Join other state's gun rights organizations.  Help boost their numbers, boost their cash and stay informed about what the gun grabbers are doing at the state level around the country.

It's a little way that each of us can help out our fellow gun owners across the country, and state gun orgs do a lot of damn good work.  Helping them out can have an actual impact on the laws and direction of this country....unlike arguing back and forth for a month and 19 pages without changing anyone's mind.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:45:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I have stated before that I doubt he winds up the nominee and I have a sneaking suspicion that this last crack about Fiorina will start wearing thin on people and this next debate might be a tipping point for Trump.

We shall see.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We shall see.

I'm trying to enjoy the show. I've seen first hand the damage that pseudo conservative republicans have done to New York. Maybe it would have happened in time anyway, but they didnt have to grease the skids and provide the left with "bipartisan" political coverage. Fuck Cuomo. Fuck Skelos. Fuck Schumer. Fuck Silver. Fuck Hillary. And FUCK Trump. I would have thrown a Fuck Jeb in for good measure, but he's a shitstain liberal Floriidian, and not a shitstain liberal New Yorker like the others.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:46:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I would have thrown a Fuck Jeb in for good measure, but he's a shitstain liberal Floriidian, and not a shitstain liberal New Yorker like the others.
View Quote

I've been told all shitstain liberal Floridians are former shitstain liberal New Yorkers.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:51:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nonsense; Trump is NOT one of the NYS GOPe/Democratic Party clique of elected officials who sold out New Yorkers in favor of sucking Cuomo's balls and who conspired with him to pass The SAFE Act.

The GOPe controlled NYS Senate and not Donald Trump, is directly responsible for the enactment of The  SAFE Act due to their filthy backroom  alliances with Andrew Cuomo.

It's indisputable.

Spin away.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:52:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The jabs about what one state or another can/should/isn't doing to help the conservative cause reminded me of a soap box of mine.

Join other state's gun rights organizations.  Help boost their numbers, boost their cash and stay informed about what the gun grabbers are doing at the state level around the country.

It's a little way that each of us can help out our fellow gun owners across the country, and state gun orgs do a lot of damn good work.  Helping them out can have an actual impact on the laws and direction of this country....unlike arguing back and forth for a month and 19 pages without changing anyone's mind.  
View Quote

I've been a member of several other states' NRA affiliates, and led a charge here to get people from other states to join NYSRPA to help fight the SAFE Act.

I'll take a lot of shit and roll with the punches, but hearing somebody who has defended Trump (who is a gun grabbing statist masquerading as a conservative) assail true conservative New Yorkers as whipped and defeated, and clueless that we are oppressed... Yeah, that's not going to fly. Despite being outnumbered massively, we're still fighting in court, we're not registering, and we're not giving up! Meanwhile Trump mouths some empty pro-2nd words, and backs them up with nothing, and the same people that call those who ARE fighting "whipped" trumpet him as some kind of champion even though he has done something between Jack and Shit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:52:22 AM EDT
[#35]
I think all the talk after the next debate will be about Fiorina.

What say ye boys?
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:53:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What say ye boys?
View Quote

I'd say it is still half a year before the primaries ramp up and it doesn't matter who the talk is about because your average American voter has the attention span of a 7 year old.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:02:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Nonsense; Trump is NOT one of the NYS GOPe/Democratic Party clique of elected officials who sold out New Yorkers in favor of sucking Cuomo's balls and who conspired with him to pass The SAFE Act.

The GOPe controlled NYS Senate and not Donald Trump, is directly responsible for the enactment of The  SAFE Act due to their filthy backroom  alliances with Andrew Cuomo.

Spin away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spin away.

Hey buddy, I know more about what happened with the SAFE Act than anybody else on this board with the exception of Tom King and Joe D... Both Tom and Joe are very good friends of mine. I was on the phone with Tom when Skelos's office told him to go home (Tom was sitting outside Skelos's office while we were speaking) because nothing would happen that night.

Trump is VERY much a part of that clique, although no he wasn't responsible for SAFE. I never claimed he was. He also hadn't done shit to fight it, despite it being in his home state and despite his supposed stalwart defense of the second amendment. Sorry, empty words at one rally when he was jerking everybody around with whether he was running for governor or not means absolutely nothing, and he has contributed nothing of substance to the fight. He gave money to Cuomo and the other players who fucked gun owners. The only thing he seems to have to offer is money, and I don't see any of it going to defeat SAFE.

Please lecture me a little more about New York politics and the ins and outs of the SAFE Act, this should be thoroughly entertaining as I lived it and continue to do so. How's the view from the cheap seats?
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:08:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'd say it is still half a year before the primaries ramp up and it doesn't matter who the talk is about because your average American voter has the attention span of a 7 year old.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What say ye boys?

Agreed and Hell, we haven't even turned on Trump yet but for those of us who watch, I think Fiorina is poised to make a real move.

She is about as opposite as it gets from Trump. He's all hat and no cattle so far at least and she runs a mighty big herd.

She might be a hard cat to clean after when they start actually pushing for substance.

And she'll have no problem curb stomping Hitlery with no fear of sexism charges holding her back.

Ahhh, the possibilities.    
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:10:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Agreed and Hell, we haven't even turned on Trump yet but for those of us who watch, I think Fiorina is poised to make a real move.

She is about as opposite as it gets from Trump. He's all hat and no cattle so far at least and she runs a mighty big herd.

She might be a hard cat to clean after when they start actually pushing for substance.

And she'll have no problem curb stomping Hitlery with no fear of sexism charges holding her back.

Ahhh, the possibilities.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What say ye boys?

Ahhh, the possibilities.    

I think adding her to a ticket with Cruz would be awesome. Conservative, diversity, youth coupled with a middle-aged CEO, both are intelligent with sharp wit. I really like it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:17:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I think adding her to a ticket with Cruz would be awesome. Conservative, diversity, youth coupled with a middle-aged CEO, both are intelligent with sharp wit. I really like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What say ye boys?

Ahhh, the possibilities.    

I'd happily pull the lever for that.

I think Fiorina is onto something with her proposed use of technology to get Congress to get off its ass and make them go with the POTUS under pressure from the people.

I've been advocating something similar for years.

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:17:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hey buddy, I know more about what happened with the SAFE Act than anybody else on this board with the exception of Tom King and Joe D... Both Tom and Joe are very good friends of mine. I was on the phone with Tom when Skelos's office told him to go home (Tom was sitting outside Skelos's office while we were speaking) because nothing would happen that night.

Trump is VERY much a part of that clique, although no he wasn't responsible for SAFE. I never claimed he was. He also hadn't done shit to fight it, despite it being in his home state and despite his supposed stalwart defense of the second amendment. Sorry, empty words at one rally when he was jerking everybody around with whether he was running for governor or not means absolutely nothing, and he has contributed nothing of substance to the fight. He gave money to Cuomo and the other players who fucked gun owners. The only thing he seems to have to offer is money, and I don't see any of it going to defeat SAFE.

Please lecture me a little more about New York politics and the ins and outs of the SAFE Act, this should be thoroughly entertaining as I lived it and continue to do so. How's the view from the cheap seats?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spin away.

Yeah; your GOPe controlled NYS Senate isn't responsible for the enactment of The SAFE Act; Donald Trump is.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:26:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah; the GOPe controlled NYS Senate isn't responsible for the enactment of The SAFE Act; Donald Trump is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spin away.

Yeah; the GOPe controlled NYS Senate isn't responsible for the enactment of The SAFE Act; Donald Trump is.

Again, learn to read... I never said he was. You can't argue with what people actually say so you have to create a false argument to attack. I highlighted it in red in case you missed it my friend.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:31:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Stay safe up there on that high horse GOPe guy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 7:45:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree.  That's why I won't support anyone who helped elect Cuomo.

It might be a virtue that Trump was not one of those squishy GOP NY pols, but at least those guys never directly contributed to Cuomo's election.  

Trump directly assisted in getting Cuomo elected.   He did more to support the guy who signed the SAFE Act, that he did to oppose it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#46]
The problem with New Yorkers is that they think the center of the universe is NYC.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The problem with New Yorkers is that they think the center of the universe is NYC.
View Quote

No, the problem with NYC libs (like Trump) is THEY think THEY are the center of the universe. Upstate New York, outside of the major cities, is very much like flyover country. I despise New York City and avoid it as much as possible.

I think the center of the universe is Texas, there is no other answer! Chuck Norris told God so.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They might cheer for him at a Steeler's game, but everybody knows that Steelers fans are susceptible to being deceived... They always thought they were better than the Cowboys, America's Team.

New Yorkers know Trump for the con artist that he is, we've had more exposure to his bullshit and see him for what he is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is some more on your 'elites' and their thought process...different continent,  different crisis,  same crowd....

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-migrants-and-the-elites-1441924372

But in this crisis talk of “the elites” is pertinent. The gap between those who run governments and those who are governed has now grown huge and portends nothing good.

Rules on immigration and refugees are made by safe people. These are the people who help run countries, who have nice homes in nice neighborhoods and are protected by their status. Those who live with the effects of immigration and asylum law are those who are less safe, who see a less beautiful face in it because they are daily confronted with a less beautiful reality—normal human roughness, human tensions. Decision-makers fear things like harsh words from the writers of editorials; normal human beings fear things like street crime. Decision-makers have the luxury of seeing life in the abstract. Normal people feel the implications of their decisions in the particular.

The decision-makers feel disdain for the anxieties of normal people, and ascribe them to small-minded bigotries, often religious and racial, and ignorant antagonisms. But normal people prize order because they can’t buy their way out of disorder.

People in gated communities of the mind, who glide by in Ubers, have bought their way out and are safe. Not to mention those in government-maintained mansions who glide by in SUVs followed by security details. Rulers can afford to see national-security threats as an abstraction—yes, yes, we must better integrate our new populations. But the unprotected, the vulnerable, have a right and a reason to worry.

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

He is some more on your 'elites' and their thought process...different continent,  different crisis,  same crowd....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But in this crisis talk of “the elites” is pertinent. The gap between those who run governments and those who are governed has now grown huge and portends nothing good.

Rules on immigration and refugees are made by safe people. These are the people who help run countries, who have nice homes in nice neighborhoods and are protected by their status. Those who live with the effects of immigration and asylum law are those who are less safe, who see a less beautiful face in it because they are daily confronted with a less beautiful reality—normal human roughness, human tensions. Decision-makers fear things like harsh words from the writers of editorials; normal human beings fear things like street crime. Decision-makers have the luxury of seeing life in the abstract. Normal people feel the implications of their decisions in the particular.

The decision-makers feel disdain for the anxieties of normal people, and ascribe them to small-minded bigotries, often religious and racial, and ignorant antagonisms. But normal people prize order because they can’t buy their way out of disorder.

People in gated communities of the mind, who glide by in Ubers, have bought their way out and are safe. Not to mention those in government-maintained mansions who glide by in SUVs followed by security details. Rulers can afford to see national-security threats as an abstraction—yes, yes, we must better integrate our new populations. But the unprotected, the vulnerable, have a right and a reason to worry.

Those are sort of arrogant, ultra progressive NY liberals that comprised the crowd at the US Open who soundly booed Donald Trump.

Oddly enough; Hiram presented that as an indicator that Donald Trump's popularity was on the wane.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bravo boys, bravo!

Chuck Schumer.....2010 election results by county....New York City...liberals..blah blah..blah..Upstaters are conservative.....blah...blah..blah....

Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top