Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/8/2015 8:57:56 PM EDT
So...

I am back East for a few days in one of those woodsy states where all the buildings need paint and it seems like a lot of people are poor and a Dwight Yoakam concert really kills business at all the run down titty bars.

You know the place.

Anyway...

I'm out running in the evening when I see this fat little brown furry fucker run out of the woods, cross the road and dive into a culvert.

I'm like, WTF?  What the hell was that?  Then I'm thinking, hedge hog?  Nah...  that ain't right.  So...  I say to my running buddy, "Hey, what do you people call that little fucker that sees his shadow?"  He says, "Uh, ground hog?"

I say, "Yeah... I just saw one of those fuckers."  He didn't see it.  Anyway, this is kind of cool 'cause groundhogs don't live in any of the decent parts of America, so it's a new one for the list.  Cool beans, am I right?

Anyway...

A couple of miles later and I see a coyote sprint across the road, clever-like, I say, "Hey, a coyote."  Anyway, then I notice he is chasing another one of those fucking hedge hog motherfuckers.  He catches it too.  Then there is a tussel, kind of a snuggle-struggle, and then the coyote crosses the road again, carrying the hog, who seemed to be asleep, or something.

My buddy says, "I wish I'd had my phone ready,  I'd've made a video."

so...

There you got it.  Two hedgehogs, one day.

That's my sharing event for you today.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Nah, bro.  That's a possum.  That ain't no decent kind of animal at all.  Its a goddamn marsupial.  That shit should be illegal in decent Christian countries.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Hedgehogs and groundhogs are different animals.  Hedgehogs are not native to the U.S. so it's unlikely that you saw one.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Alrighty
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#5]
PA?

I something cool this week too on my way to PA. Missouri  has armadillos. The first one I just shrugged it off as a dead mangey possum but the second one verified my sighting.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#6]
lol

Hedge hogs...they're all over the place, in England.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hedgehogs and groundhogs are different animals.  Hedgehogs are not native to the U.S. so it's unlikely that you saw one.

View Quote

I said it was a groundhog right there in the OP.

Plus, same difference.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#8]
What the hell is going on in this here thread?
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
lol

View Quote

I saw them in Hungary when visiting relatives.  We used to catch them as even the wild ones are tame and won't bite.

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Ahh a woodchuck.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

OP saw a cat.

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ahh a woodchuck.
View Quote

Whistle pig.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Whistle pig.
View Quote

Had them whistling at me today while shooting them.  On average, it takes about 15 minutes for them to reappear after they're done whistling.  Then
they get turned into red mist.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

OP saw a cat.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP saw a cat.

Nah....  I've shot enough house cats to know them like old friends.  This was like a marmot, but undignified.  It didn't look like an animal you could trust.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Never saw them when i lived in TX, but see them all the time here in TN.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Plus, same difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus, same difference.

Yes, your running buddy said groundhog but then you posted:

Two hedgehogs, same day.

Hedgehog

Groundhog

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:20:03 PM EDT
[#18]
In before Ron Jeremy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Watch for their old burrows when you are hiking the area. they are a good way to turn a joint or break a bone. My dogs caught a big one the other day.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
lol

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hedgehog

[url]http://animalstime.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/African-Pygmy-Hedgehog-4215.jpg[/blue]

[url]http://woodstream.scene7.com/is/image/woodstream/hh-animals-groundhog-6?$ProductPgLarge2$" />

[span style='font-style: italic;']Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus, same difference.

Two hedgehogs, same day.

Hedgehog

[url]http://animalstime.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/African-Pygmy-Hedgehog-4215.jpg[/blue]

[url]http://woodstream.scene7.com/is/image/woodstream/hh-animals-groundhog-6?$ProductPgLarge2$" />

Language is flexible and pliable thing that soars and plummets, like an intoxicated redtail hawk. Sometimes the duty falls on the reader to understand whats going on in the passage.  You sir, have failed.  Absolute literalism is a vice not unlike marxism, or bad hair. Deduct ten points from your SAT score, and seek improvement, perhaps through meditation.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Groundhog

Hedgehog

Warthog

Sweathog

Now, which one was it?
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Language is flexible and pliable thing that soars and plummets, like an intoxicated redtail hawk. Sometimes the duty falls on the reader to understand whats going on in the passage.  You sir, have failed.  Absolute literalism is a vice not unlike marxism, or bad hair. Deduct ten points from your SAT score, and seek improvement, perhaps through meditation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus, same difference.

Two hedgehogs, same day.

Hedgehog

You mean Marmot
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Plus, same difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus, same difference.

Lol. cuz science?

Round these parts we have werepossums. When they start howlin at the moon, it'll chill your very blood.

</a>" />

eta. Op is Donald Trump, he saw rosie odonnel.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Cool trick with hedgehogs

Get a three person water ballon launcher like this

Load with hedgehog and let it fly across camp fallujah

But i never did such a thing

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Underground opposum.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Story time with uncle hellfish.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Lol. cuz science?

Round these parts we have werepossums. When they start howlin at the moon, it'll chill your very blood.

http://<a href=http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h368/SurfAnimal77/Kitteh003.jpg</a>" />

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus, same difference.

Lol. cuz science?

http://<a href=http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h368/SurfAnimal77/Kitteh003.jpg</a>" />

Fucking nutria
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#36]
O
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I said it was a groundhog right there in the OP.[/span]

Plus, same difference.

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Hedgehog[/span]

[span]

[span style='font-style: italic;']Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile[/span]

You mean [blue]Marmot [/blue]

[blue]Marmoset?[/blue]

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7e/Common_marmoset_%28Callithrix_jacchus%29.jpg/800px-Common_marmoset_%28Callithrix_jacchus%29.jpg

Marmot is the male and Marmoset is the female.  The terms are French in origin.  As you can see from the pictures, they display a high degree of sexual dimorphism.

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#37]
You sure it wasnt a shreiker?
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#38]
We didn't get to see any groundhogs today.

But while we were out the wife freaked out because she got to see a black bear out in the daytime.  She's live around here most of her life an only seen them at night.  I've seen more during the daytime than at night.  The bear was only about a 250-300 pounder that looked like about a 2 year old to me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

[blue]
Language is flexible and pliable thing that soars and plummets, like an intoxicated redtail hawk. Sometimes the duty falls on the reader to understand whats going on in the passage.  You sir, have failed.  Absolute literalism is a vice not unlike marxism, or bad hair. Deduct ten points from your SAT score, and seek improvement, perhaps through meditation.[/blue]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus, same difference.

Two hedgehogs, same day.

Hedgehog

[blue]
Language is flexible and pliable thing that soars and plummets, like an intoxicated redtail hawk. Sometimes the duty falls on the reader to understand whats going on in the passage.  You sir, have failed.  Absolute literalism is a vice not unlike marxism, or bad hair. Deduct ten points from your SAT score, and seek improvement, perhaps through meditation.[/blue]

I'm just pointing out that they are different.  I misspoke when I wrote they are different animals though.  They are different in that hedgehogs are the juvenile form of the groundhog.  Groundhogs migrate across the Arctic every spring, and give birth to hedgehogs.  The hedgehogs develop over several years into their groundhog adult form and migrate back to the U.S., completing the circle of life.

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Got to love groundhogs, or not . . .

They're everywhere around here - they're even burrowing under sheds and in flowerbeds here in town.  Although there's not as much hatred for them around here as there is in farming communities, my neighbor and I have reduced the population by a few this summer.  I can't believe how easily they spook; I have to wonder if the one knew I was after him - even the screen door closing was more than enough to send him scurrying for cover.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Ahh a woodchuck.
View Quote

+1

Saw one of these chubby fuckers a while back.  First time...ever...
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i57.tinypic.com/300v4ms.jpg

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We didn't get to see any groundhogs today.

But while we were out the wife freaked out because she got to see a black bear out in the daytime.  She's live around here most of her life an only seen them at night.  I've seen more during the daytime than at night.  The bear was only about a 250-300 pounder that looked like about a 2 year old to me.
View Quote

They can be kind of scary.  Just be firm about your sexual preference and they'll leave you alone.  (I'm presuming you meant 20 years old not 2.)

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Robin Day has got a hedgehog called Frank.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Saw a coyote across the street yesterday with a groundhog in its mouth. I've got a few of the buggers that live in my wood pile in the back yard.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Ahh a woodchuck.
View Quote

Yep. Woodchuck here in MI. Where do they call them whistle pigs? ( I always thought that was an accurate description as well).

I just don't remember where I was.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

How would I know...  we didn't fuck it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anyway, this is kind of cool 'cause groundhogs don't live in any of the decent parts of America.....
View Quote

Whatever
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, shreikers are the unholy offspring of graboids, hermaphrodite parents of assblasters.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top