Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2015 3:08:53 PM EDT
Ok, not more.  just those things.  Anyway, knife laws recently changed in Michigan regarding fixed blades. I got excited and thought about carry options.  Now I already carry a folder and figured a "gtfo" me knife would be a fine idea. Since this would be a left hand specific draw, and don't want more stuff on my belt.  I went the neck knife route.  I had a CRKT minimalist but it was too small.  I threw my "buy once, cry once" attitude out the window and got a CRKT S.P.E.W.  Cool design, shitty steel.  Ended up with (what I originally wanted) an ESEE Izula and am very happy with it.

Neck knives.

ESEE Izula with two different carry options.

Got the stainless steel model specifically because of moisture and method of carry.

Updated EDC,

Now I got a cool little item on a whim when I got the Izula, it's the Hoback T.A.G. dog tag survival tool.  I realize it's a novelty item but why not.  I don't like jewelry so no paracord bracelet,  That's why there is some on the belt.  Survival items all fit in my wallet.  Ranger band, fero rod, signal mirror, duct tape, and the dog tag.

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Esee Izula was the correct choice.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're going to be carrying something like fish hooks and arrowheads with you, you should just get something like my SAK SwissChamp and carry that.  You'll be able to do a lot more stuff with it and you'll be lighter.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#3]
More information on the change in laws?
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm leaning towards getting a balisong of some sort.

I'm liking the Benchmade min-Morpho, but I'll probably get something a little easier on the wallet to start.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

More information on the change in laws?
View Quote
Previously you could only carry a fixed blade during hunting season with a valid hunting licence.  Now as long as it's not a dagger/dirk, you can open or conceal your "hunting" knife however you want.

more info.

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Bump.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I had almost the same experience, except I skipped the Minimalist and went right to the SPEW, and then went to the Bark River Bravo Necker 2 after I reached the same conclusion regarding the quality of the steel in the SPEW.  I tried to find an original Folts SPEW in 154CM for awhile but no luck.  And I pocket or belt carry instead of neck carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top