User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I watched for years as they all fought over the World Trade Center money ... rushing to calculate who's life was worth more ...

Then I watched the ticker on the deaths of thousands of warfighters to see how many millions/billions would be divided amongst them ...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow such empathy for terror attack victims around here!

I watched for years as they all fought over the World Trade Center money ... rushing to calculate who's life was worth more ...

Then I watched the ticker on the deaths of thousands of warfighters to see how many millions/billions would be divided amongst them ...

It wasn't about fairness it was about protecting the airlines from negligence lawsuits.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's...  not the best analogy.

Nobody in New York that morning signed on the dotted line, raised their hand, and volunteered to die a horrible, painful, unexpected death in the single most destructive attack on US soil since the second World War.  

That is why the words "casualty" and "victim" are different in the English language.

There's a debatable argument for the emergency response crews who were killed, but they were handled separately (if memory serves).
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah and how many billion went to folks who don't want to work or to bail out rich bankers?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand the attack was tragic and losing a loved one sucks.  Money doesn't bring them back.

But the fact some solider loses his life and limb and gets crapped on by the VA if he does live, is bullshit.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#6]

2/3 Broke in 5 years?

#3 in 10yrs after an ill-fated attempt to invest in poor business model.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I bet they bank it and end up really rich  
Quoted:
That's terrible they lost their father.

I also predict that money will not last long.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I just worked on the plane which hit the twin towers. A few months later I was permanetly laid off with no job or career. I didn't get a fuckin penny. I got no sympathy for those who say they never received any blood money.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There is stupid, dangerously stupid, weapons-grade stupid, and then there is your post.
Sounds like at least two of them have made something of themselves, so we can also surmise somebody didn't read the article.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They were destined to grow up poor no matter what

There is stupid, dangerously stupid, weapons-grade stupid, and then there is your post.

Tyshawn currently lives in Hawaii and served in the United States Navy while Trent is attending Long Island University where he is studying biology.

Sounds like at least two of them have made something of themselves, so we can also surmise somebody didn't read the article.
After reading this, it made the story so much better. There are two sons that are gong to come into a decent amount of money, and it looks like the have the mental tools to do something positive with it. I hope the money can bring the third brother some prosperity, and hope.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  Schools and parents don't teach kids how to manage money.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tyshawn currently lives in Hawaii and served in the United States Navy while Trent is attending Long Island University where he is studying biology.

Actually I DID read the article before posting, like you did not do.  Baby daddy was just 16 when the first crotch fruit was hatched and he worked in a restaurant at 30.  He must not have even been a chef or they would have mentioned it. With 3 kids that have 2 different last names,  they were poor before 9/11.

Where am I wrong?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Congress decided to. Anything above that is out of scope for this thread
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can someone explain why money was given to these and other families that lost members in 9-11?

Congress decided to. Anything above that is out of scope for this thread

it wasnt their money to give
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Actually I DID read the article before posting, like you did not do.  Baby daddy was just 16 when the first crotch fruit was hatched and he worked in a restaurant at 30.  He must not have even been a chef or they would have mentioned it. With 3 kids that have 2 different last names,  they were poor before 9/11.

Where am I wrong?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where am I wrong?

You were wrong the instant you opened your mouth.  Which appears to be a way of life for you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You were wrong the instant you opened your mouth.  Which appears to be a way of life for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where am I wrong?

LOL!  Try again

9/11 was a horrific attack and I feel for everyone who was murdered that day as well as their families but that does not change the fact that baby daddy was a 30 yr old dishwasher with 3 kids, 2 of whom were already teens.  

ETA----->  2 are a year apart with 2 different last names. They are poor on 9/10

ETA#2 ----> 2 of the 3 didn't even have his name
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like 2 young boys that grew into good men despite poverty and losing their dad.

I bet they will be fine… Article says nothing about what happened to the 3rd one.

Props to them, hope the money serves them well.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think it's fucking appalling that the families of the attack had so much money thrown at them.  The families of service members killed in the wars spawned by the attack are not compensated nearly as lavishly.  

Your rich fucking investment banker husband with a $10M life insurance policy was killed?  Sorry to hear it.  The 50K people we kill in car wrecks every year don't get million dollar bonus checks.  

Yes, I'm a heartless bastard, and I don't fucking care.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Can someone explain why money was given to these and other families that lost members in 9-11?

View Quote
Becaus Bill Clinton let the terrorist weeds grow too high.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is some serious 88ing around here huh?

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The fuck is wrong with you people? (choice of words intentional).

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol, I'll be awaiting my invitation to the $350,000 crack party. . . . better not get lost in the mail

The fuck is wrong with you people? (choice of words intentional).

There seems to be some outright racist posts lately.

Making posts that skirt the COC

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

In settlement of any potential claims they had against the airlines for lax security that led to the planes being taken over by armed men  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In settlement of any potential claims they had against the airlines for lax security that led to the planes being taken over by armed men  
Yep, juries would have bankrupted them

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit.  Lawsuits against airlines are capped by international agreement.  The failures of airport security can't be laid at the feet of the airlines anyway.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
LOL!  Try again

9/11 was a horrific attack and I feel for everyone who was murdered that day as well as their families but that does not change the fact that baby daddy was a 30 yr old dishwasher with 3 kids, 2 of whom were already teens.  

ETA----->  2 are a year apart with 2 different last names. They are poor on 9/10

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Where am I wrong?

LOL!  Try again

Stop digging and go pick up your white hood and robe, the dry cleaners said you're late

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Stop digging and go pick up your white hood and robe, the dry cleaners said you're late

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where am I wrong?

LOL!  Try again

Show me one single statement that is incorrect.  Pointing out the facts is not racist mr. lib
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We signed up for it. They didn't.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Bullshit.  Lawsuits against airlines are capped by international agreement.  The failures of airport security can't be laid at the feet of the airlines anyway.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fail

Is there a limit to the amount of money families can recover for a domestic airline accident?

Like international commercial airline accidents, there is no
arbitrary limit or cap on damages for domestic airline accidents.
However, the Warsaw and Montreal Conventions do not apply to domestic
airline accidents in the United States.

That means the surviving family members can often sue for a
variety of damages for airline accidents in the United States not
governed by the Warsaw or Montreal Conventions. In some jurisdictions,
this means you can sue for additional damages, including:

• Pain and suffering

• Mental anguish

• Grief

• Emotional distress

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Show me one single statement that is incorrect.  Pointing out the facts is not racist mr. lib
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Where am I wrong?

LOL!  Try again

BS 88 BS

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
BS 88 BS

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!  Try again

BS 88 BS

I challenge you to put up or shut up
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Fail

Is there a limit to the amount of money families can recover for a domestic airline accident?Like international commercial airline accidents, there is no arbitrary limit or cap on damages for domestic airline accidents. However, the Warsaw and Montreal Conventions do not apply to domestic airline accidents in the United States.

That means the surviving family members can often sue for a variety of damages for airline accidents in the United States not governed by the Warsaw or Montreal Conventions. In some jurisdictions, this means you can sue for additional damages, including:

• Pain and suffering
  • Mental anguish
  • Grief
  • Emotional distress

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fail

Is there a limit to the amount of money families can recover for a domestic airline accident?Like international commercial airline accidents, there is no arbitrary limit or cap on damages for domestic airline accidents. However, the Warsaw and Montreal Conventions do not apply to domestic airline accidents in the United States.

That means the surviving family members can often sue for a variety of damages for airline accidents in the United States not governed by the Warsaw or Montreal Conventions. In some jurisdictions, this means you can sue for additional damages, including:

• Pain and suffering
  • Mental anguish
  • Grief
  • Emotional distress

Name one major US airline that wasn't driven to bankruptcy by 9/11.  In other words, who fucking cares?  Paying all of that money to the victims was nothing but a knee jerk reaction, and is indefensible.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:17:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

LOL!  Try again

BS 88 BS

You don't run this place so I decline and still say you're implying racial BS

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
example one 88ing

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BS 88 BS

I can report your for libel  
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Where am I wrong?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where am I wrong?
Unless you're stevie wonder you should be able to see it

Then again using such terms as crotch fruit is really classless

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

libel ?  BS

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:22:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Has anyone tossed in "rich and vibrant" yet?

How about a Carnac pic?

Dumbasses.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Wow, stepping into this thread is like crashing an illiterate asshole party
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where am I wrong?

Where am I wrong?  baby daddy knocked up baby momma at age 15 and was washing dishes at 30 with 3 known off spring, 2 without his name. They were poor on 9/10. Facts is racist now  
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Wow, stepping into this thread is like crashing an illiterate asshole party
View Quote

The Dunning-Krueger effect is out in force today, for sure.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#39]
A former coworker of mine was a chef at Windows and was on his way to work when the attack started.  He lost a bunch of friends that day and he most likely knew that father and kids.  Crazy how life works sometimes.

I wish those boys/men well.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#40]
This thread is living proof that GD will rule the world after the reset.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top